Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2007 #16

Raels, I'm at the northern end.

I think prunes are dried plums Em If so, it would make sense.

Happy Birthday Em.

Happy Birthday Em!!! Yeah its your first one since being a mum!
    And hehe Yes, prunes are actuallydried plums! Thanks anyway! LOL at everyone now disussing no2's. Sorry everyone. Will pick my conversations a bit better in the future!

I had a phone call from my supervisor just before, asking me when I will be back. Apparently my mat leave replacement is asking for leave, which If i am gone for 12 months, she will be entitiled to. Oh well. I said if I wasn't enjoying myself so much I would come back earlier, but Kaetlyn is such a good girl I dont want to leave her

Cute picture Sara. I don't blame you for wanting to leave that little face if you don't have to!

Thanks Sacha, she really is a cutie isnt she?? hehe . Thankyou.
    Autie is pretty cute as well. you ispired me whith the pic of her i have a program that lets you do all those effects on the computer!

Megan76 Guest

Hi everyone!

DH has gone to basketball, 10pm is such a stupid time for sport!! Anyway i planned to get on and do a big catch up but honestly now i am just tired!!

Lucas cried at 3am and 5am last night, only for about 5 sec and went back to sleep, when DH went and checked on him before he went to work at 6.30am he was out of his covers and asleep on his belly with his head on his arm....DH made me go and look cos he looked SOOO cute!

Do i need to be worried if it becomes a habit to sleep on his belly?

Feeling a bit funny today, i love the mummy thing but i feel like i need something else. Problem is i only want to go back to work if its on my terms and i dont know if that will be too demanding! Other thing is i am scared if i do go back i will regret it. I sort of just feel like i dont know what my existence is at the moment...i know that sounds stupid but i cant explain it.

Sara where are your photos?
    Sacha how are your night times going?
    Em i hope you had a great day! I never knew the prune/plum thing either! Finally an answer to milco, who would have thought!!
    Raels good luck with the cranky DF...hope he goes ok!
    Nicky i hope Lach is ok, its scary when theres blood in the poo, most likely due to all the strain but definately get it checked out.
    Rebecca i hope you're juggling the work/mum thing ok
    GOODBYE AND HAVE FUN BEING A MUM VERONICA!!

Pathetic attempt at personals!! Will come back tomorrow!
    XX
    Last edited by Megan76; February 11th, 2008 at 08:44 PM.

Megan, Kaetlyn has slept on her belly since 3months when she could roll over. We got a handout at Mothers group from sids, and it says that you need to follow all sids guidelines by removing all other risks, and just make sure that while on their belly they can still turn their head to the side f need be- Kaetlyn sleeps on her belly, ALWAYS facing her right side (sucking her thumb).. I did lose a lot of sleep at first over it. Quite often I was lay on her floor makeing sure she was okay at night. Now, I just let her be, ad before I go to bed each night, I go in and make sure she is okay.
    I know what you mean about late games- most of my netball games are 9.45. By the time I get home, showered etc it is 11pm and am still energised and cant get to sleep.
    Also, what did you mean about photos? Sacha and I were talking about the ones in our tickers
    I also know what you mean about work. Sometimes I think, maybe I should go back for the interaction. I am due back in July (have taken mat leave and LWOP). I figure, that I will never get the chance to do this again, have time off with my daughter. I cherish everyday. I also see it that, when we have No2, I will want to go back to work earlier, cause it will be a break for me.

Enchanted Guest

everyone!

Sorry I have been MIA we have been away for a few days. Things here are still the same really. Oscar has been really clingy lately which has been driving me a bit batty as I can't get anything done I think he might have a tooth coming though, so I gave him some panadol but he spat it all back out. So no relief for him tonight!! DH and I bought a pram today We had a 4 wheeler but was getting too hard to steer etc so we got a P&T Sport and I luuurrrvvve it!!

I won't attempt personals but hope everyone is well.

Hi ladies

Im about to attempt some personals

Firstly HAPPY BIRTHDAY EM!! Hope you had a wonderful day. Lol @ the dirty Thirty's, i havent heard that before.

Raels- GoodLuck to Your DF with quitting! Hard work. Ethan is opposite to oliver, he is moving everywhere, but doesnt sit! I have tried to help him along a bit and he will sit for 20secs or so then fall over and crawl off lol

Megan- Late night sports is a pain hey! My netball games used to be around 9.30-10pm as well. Ethan sleeps on his belly too, he has been mostly since he was about a week old as it was the only way i could get him to sleep, then he went to sleeping on his side for awhile. Now i put him in on his back and he changes to however he is comfortable! Lately the way he sleeps looks so uncomfortable, and he has his legs and arms hanging through the bars. What great acting from sally and milco hey, i have been waiting to find out that part of the story!

Danni- I love the Phil and Teds sport!! Our pram is pretty good for now but when number 2 comes along we are getting the phil and teds cos i love the seat attachement. It looks super cool too!!

Sacha- Re the gardening, the people that were renting this place when we brought it just destroyed the gardens, the previous owners had 7 children and had a child friendly yard, lots of space to run safe plants etc and were paying the tennants to keep it nice! but yep as i said they destroyed it, so atm just replanting all the gardens and trying to get the lawns growing again, We have a kids area planned where we want to build a big cubby house, sand pit etc maybe a secret garden type thing. There is a pretty big covered entertaining area already and hopefully if we can afford it we eventually want a pool, as the local one here is filthy but i would really like to teach ethan to swim early. We also Built a big cat run for our cats, as we dont let them just roam the back yard, that way the rest of the wildlife is safe, mind you my dog has been eating a lot of moths the las few days!!

Well im a bit sad today, Ethan is being Mister Independant, he is happy to amuse himself for what seems like ages at a time and boy does he crawl fast!! It takes like 2 secs for him to get from the longeroom to the kitchen. He had a crash today though and the poor little thing ended up with a fat lip But it didnt stop him scoffing his yoghurt for lunch and busting his gums for more lol he had 2 for lunch the big piggy!

Oh and Before i go i had a very proud mummy moment today Ethan WAVED at his nanna!! I thought it was a mistake type thing at first but every time i wave at him he does it back!! Lol so cute. Its sort of a whole arm wave, but still a wave!!

Ok i must be off, i have some cooking to do for morning tea tomorrow and silly me forgot to do it

Bye ladies BBL!
    Last edited by tears_of_joy; February 11th, 2008 at 10:28 PM. Reason: spelling!

Hi All

DH left today and last night, before I took Autie into the room to put her to bed, he put on his hard hat and we went out to wave him goodbye and watch as he drove off down the street. Then he came back when we were in the bedroom (he leaves at 3.30am) So far today she has not looked everywhere for him and has been happy without her usual morning interactions with him so, yey! Hopefully, she will come to understand that he is leaving when we do that and not get so sad and unsettled.

Megan, like Kaetlyn and Ethan, Autie has slept on her tummy since she could roll. I stressed at first, but we have the Angelcare monitor which has given a lot of peace of mind, and like Sara said - if they can move their heads freely it's not so bad. I am even thinking of giving Autie a small, flat pillow as she has started laying her head down on soft toys and cushions all the time. I think the feelings you are having are perfectly normal - I know I don't want to go back to work but I would like to do something I can do at home to start stimulating my brain a bit more. If DH were home regularly I would probably do a course or two but maybe that's something I could do online, will have to look into it. Whenever I see the TAFE course list, there's always a million things I find myself saying "Oh I'd love to learn that!" As for nighttimes, we are still having a lot of wakings,though she does go straight back to sleep on the breast, thank heavens. At least she is in bed between 6 and 6.

Danni, what flavour Panadol do you have? Autumn spits out the Panadol brand cherry and vanilla, but will take the chemist brand strawberry flavour with less reluctance. I also found she takes it better if I let her suck it out of the dropper herself. It is the age for clinginess - hope little Oscar is feeling happier today.

Oh yey Jess on the cat run! I wish more people were as responsible. Sounds like you have a lot of fun things planned for your yard - Ethan will be entertained for hours! Do you feel you will be able to leave him to play without watching? I guess from working with young kids for years, I have supervision drummed into me, but I don't want to be one of those mums that is always right there beside - it will be hard to break myself of that when she is older I think. I love the idea of a secret garden! What do you have in mind? Claps for the clever little fatlip baby that can wave! Ever so cute.

So many people not posting these days! Who said you could all have a life?! LOL Hope you are all doing well.

Megan76 Guest

Morning!

Have planned to meet Dh for morning tea and what does lucas do....sleep!! For longer than normal, always the way!!

Thanks for the info about sleeping everyone, he didn't move last night so we will just have to see what happens!

Oh he's awake, time to go out!!!!!!!!

Hi girls,

Sacha - Oh I got a bit sad when I read your post about your DH going away to work. These things have to be done though. Great idea though getting him to drive off like that. I'm sure she will adjust and as she gets older she will be able to chat on the phone with him. Can you video call on your mobiles? We will have to wait for Mel to post again and then we should organise something!!!

Jess - poor Ethan getting a fat lip. The first injuries are so sad. I'm sort of glad Oliver isn't crawling yet after hearing all these stories of the babies moving around so quickly!

Danni - how is Oscar today? Oliver hates panadol too, was thinking I will try nurofen next time.

Sara - last night after our chat I couldn't sleep cause I kept seeing those damn emoticons everytime I closed my eyes!!!!

Well DF got through his first day of not smoking. He says the patches are great but he has a really bad headache. And he is cranky!! I cooked dinner last night and I didn't even eat it cause he just kept nitpicking at the table. I just walked away rather than have an argument, as hard as that was!! He was all nice this morning though.

Hi girls! Thankyou so much everyone for your birthday wishes - you are all lovely . Well, yesterday started out as a pretty good day - got my blender and other little things off DH and Tom, then had swimming in the morning and after that a girlfriend came to visit who is 14 weeks pregnant. She had just had her first ultrasound and showed me her pictures. We were both just marvelling at the fact that the little alien creature in the picture grows up to be a real baby like Tom! After that, the second part of my day went down hill! My work called to say happy birthday and oh by the way, you dont have a job anymore! The business has been sold and they didnt tell the new owners that i was on maternity leave, so i am not including in the staff that they are taking on as part of the contract. I think they did it so the new owners would think that the business runs efficently on a small amount of staff. And i cant even do anything about it because my bosses could just say that the new owners didnt want to take me on. I have worked there for 11 years, so i am abit upset about it all. DH said not to worry, just stay at home or look around for something else. I wanted to go back to my old job because it would be on my terms - 1 or 2 days a week - and its what i know, so i would have to stress over learning new things while worrying about Tom! In regards to staying home, i think i am bit like you girls - the gloss has worn off staying at home a little bit. I just wanted to have a bit of time where i wasnt just mummy and wife, and feel like i was earning a bit of money for myself. Oh well, not much i can do about it. Maybe i should start up a business growing plums and turning them into prunes! I honestly never realised that's what they were - i think i always thought prunes were big sultanas or something..

The rest of the day was quite nice - DH came home and we put a rug out on the lawn and layed out there with Tom. I got flowers delivered which are beautiful but making me sneeze - i am the allergy queen! Tom kept sneezing too, which i thought was funny until i realised he has a cold. His first one.. It is so sad - he is all snuffly and cant drink his bottles because he cant breathe through his nose. He is back in bed now - he didnt wake up until 9 this morning. i have given him some Nurofen and rubbed a little bit of Vicks on the soles of his feet, so hopefully that will help him breathe a bit better.

Sacha - i thought that was just gorgeous what you and your DH did with Autumn. You sound like great parents. Tom has only realised that there is more to life than mummy and is just obsessed with DH. He gets so excited when he gets home. HOw long does your DH go away for at a time?

Jess - i love the sound of the secret garden - can i come play in it when it is done? (Too bad i am all the way in Victoria!) The cat run sounds really good too - it is such a good idea. Friends of mine have one than lends out from the house so when they go away they dont have to worry about the cats not being able to go outside. We are in the process of doing our garden too - lots of hard work isnt it! Whoever lived here before us planted tomato plants and they are everywhere! i like tomato but this is ridiculous! I try to give them away to everyone i see. Once they have finished with this lot of tomatoes, i am going to rip them out and plant something else. I want lavender, DH wants natives. i will win of course!

Megan - Home and Away - oh my god. My bl**dy mother in law ran just as Milco was telling Sally who he was. DH had the phone and was saying 'i'll just get her' while i was doing the sign language "no no!' and pointing at the tv. Quickest conversation ever. When i got off the phone, DH was like you are so rude, its only home and away. I had to ring my sister to find out who he was. Tom had a little stint at being a tummy sleeper but now he is back onto his back but likes to sleep with a blanket over his head which is a worry!

Oh - my little man is awake so i better go give him some love and cuddles so that he feels better. Will try to come back later xx

Ok - my second attempt.. The little man is back in bed but he keeps crying out in his sleep so not sure how long i have got! Thought i would jump back on while waiting for my nuggets and wedges to cook for lunch.

Raels - my DH attempted to give up smoking : he tells me he doesn't smoke anymore but i know he still does at work. It is a pretty good step i guess, because he doesn't do it at home and on the weekends. He hasn't smoked in front of me (apart from the occasional drunken one!) since Tom was born. He did patches for a while -there was a few days when i was like 'do you need to put a patch on?' because he was so cranky! He got headaches too from the patches, so he tried the gum which gave him headspins.

Danni - i am jealous about the pram. I love the P&T. Heaps of girls in mums group have it and it is such a nice pram. When i thought i had broken our Valco by pushing it on the beach at Queenscliff, i got excited because i thought i could finally get a P&T! Unfortunately after a hose down the Valco came back to life - that will teach me for getting excited and buying the first pram i looked at!

Sara - which program do you use for your photos? The one of Katelyn looks awesome.

Ok- lunch is ready. Hope everyone has a good day!

Hehehe dont watch Home and Away, but what is this with Milko and Sally? I thought she was leaving the show?? You all have me interested!
    Em, I use paint shop pro! It is awesome.... when you get the hang of it. I like searching the net for tutorials and inspiration!
    Bad news about the job. Surely they cant do that. It would be on your HR/employee file that you were on mat leave.

Raels- Lol at the emoticons. Better watch out or mr LMAO will come and get you in your sleep. Hehehe sorry!

Ok well Kaetlyn has just woken, so i guess I had better go and feed her lol aaron sure as hell can't!
    I am going to try some pear in a feeder bag thing. just to give it a go.

Raels, we probably can video phone but the reception where he works is not great so we probably won't bother. She listens when he talks on the phone now with a big smile which is cute. He did a short video for her to watch on our camera so I will show her that later in the week. Mel's probably busy with study etc. but yeah we should organise something soon. Wish everyone could come! Where are you?

Aww, shucks Em, that's a loverly thing to say! We do try our best to keep things easy for her, as I'm sure we all do. He is gone for two weeks then back for two, and so on. What kind of work were you doing? Doesn't sound right that they can just take away your job. On the other hand, I always say things work out the way they are supposed to, so maybe this is a great opportunity to try something new! The lawn rug time sounds lovely -what a nice way to spend time together. How did the Vicks on the feet go? I've always wanted to know whether it works.

Sara, how did Kaetlyn go with the pear?

Megan, Lach has slept on his belly for over 2 months. It is the only way he sleeps. Even if I try to get him on his back or side, he finds a way... LOL
    As long as you try and contain other risks, no loose items in cot, no smoking etc, then He will be fine.

Happy belated birthday Em!

Hi to everyone else. I have been so slack at posting recently. Sorry about that.

Argh, Diana is growing up so fast! She soon won't be my baby anymore, but will be a big girl... She has started to pull herself up on the furniture and has learned to stand. She babbles to herself all day in her beautiful little voice and is very good at doing poos on the potty. She likes to watch TV and listen to music when I play the guitar to her. It's so exciting watching her grow up, but a little sad and scary at how fast its happening.

Hope you're all having a great day. Will be back later for some personals.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast