Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2007 #16

OMG I just read a post by Tears of Joy saying that Ethan is in hospital with a suspected red back spider bite. Poor little babe - although is sounds like the hospital was very quick in diagnosing the bite and according to TOJ's last post he was sleeping and she was waiting to hear from the hospital when he wakes.

TOJ - Thinking and praying for you and Ethan.

How awful for you Jess. Hope everything is ok.

Hi ladies.

It has been a horrible night. Ethan has just woken up so im about to head back to be with him. He has had to be given oxygen as he is having difficulty breathing again. He is not out of danger yet and may need more anti venom, but cant be given any until the dr see's him. I will let you know whats going on when i find out more.

Thankyou for your well wishes.

Oh Jess we are all thinking of you and wishing Ethan a speedy recovery. SOunds like he is in good hands. Take care.

Oh Jess, We are thinking of you and little Ethan. Good to hear that you are getting some rest as well. Poor little bubba.
    xoxo

Megan76 Guest

Jess you poor thing, i am thinking of you and tough little Ethan! XX

Jess - you poor thing! I am thinking of you and little Ethan. Big hugs from all of us xx

Ladies im just letting you know whats going on with my gorgeous boy. This is from my other thread..
    Ethan's Dr was unavailable to come back to see him so another Dr came, he is fantastic because he has been working in a remote area for the last 3 years and spider bites are very common, he located 2 bites one behind his ear and just inside his ear I dont know what made him do it and im shuddering just thinking about it but he looked in ethans ear and the spider is in there!! Thank god its dead. They tried to remove it but it only resulted in it being pushed further in, we will be getting flown to Princess margaret hospital for children at 7pm tonight and he will have surgery at 11pm to remove it. He is still getting oxygen and he has had 3 seizures this afternoon. He is very weak and groggy and no smiles. I feel like im going to fall apart.
    I still have not been able to reach Dh but he is flying in to perth tomorrow so he will be able to come straight to the hospital to see us. Im not sure how long we will need to be there for. Im a mess right now and just wish dh was here.

Thanks for your support, you are a wonderful group of ladies.

Jess - thanks for letting us know how things are going. Sounds like the Dr who is treating Ethan is very switched on which must be a comfort. Hugs to you both and Ethan sounds like a tough little guy so I am sure he is going to be just fine. Take care of yourself and we are all thinking of you and Ethan. I am glad your DH is able to get back to Perth tomorrow as I am sure he will be a great supportto you and Ethan.
    XXX

Jess - i am crying reading this thinking of you and poor Ethan. You are such a brave girl and thanks so much for keeping us updated in this worrying time. I wish your DH could be home for you now because he must be worried too and you probably both need a big hug. Make sure you look after yourself, try to eat something and remember we are all sending our prayers and wishes to the gorgeous Ethan xx

Oh gosh TOJ. that's just horrible!!!!!!
    My thoughts are with you all at this time!!
    Ethan sounds like he is in good hands.
    Good luck.
    xxoo
    Nicky

Megan76 Guest

That is heartbreaking Jess. Still thinking of you....
    Last edited by Megan76; February 18th, 2008 at 06:36 PM.

Jess, I'm sending lots of prayers your way. I have tears thinking about the way you must be feeling. I know how scary and emotionally draining it is to have your baby very sick and your DH not by your side. Thank God (literally) that He sent you that switched on doctor. I'm sure Ethan will come good, these babies are strong little buggers. Look after you.

Hi ladies, just popping in quickly, im off now and we will be on the plane in 50minutes. Will let you know how things are as soon as Ethans surgery is over and we are home thanks for your support today.

Oh jess ing for you.
    I wish I was near you, i would come and help you out, even if it was just for a shoulder to cry on. I am hoping that you have some family that can come to your aid.

OMG Jess, I have only just logged on, I'm so so sorry for what has happened. I know I have missed you, but I send all my best wishes to you and Ethan. Like Jem said, Ethan is a tough little guy, I'm sure he will be back to running a muck in no time, if he is anything like his mum, nothing will be able to keep him down. Oh hun, I hope your o.k. on your own, I'm sending you lots and lots of cuddles and support. I hope your DH will be able to get to you asap. All the best of luck, I'll will be thinking of you two. Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery. Oh, I want to jump on a plane to be there for you.

Jessikah, I just read your other thread. I'm so sorry you are having to go through this. I hope the surgery goes well and your little man is back home with you very soon. Thinking of you and your family.

Raels and Oliver. xo

While we're waiting to hear about Ethan, I'll change the subject to give us some breathing space.
    Has anyone any thoughts on mushrooms and when to introduce them? Or have you already? I don't remember reading anything about them.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast