Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2007 #16

It's so hard isn't it? I don't think I could even leave Autie with my own parents for any length of time even though I'm sure she'd be fine. You just keep thinking about all the little things you know about your child that others wouldn't, and worrying that they'd be upset because no-one knew what they wanted. And of course, no-one can keep a better eye on your baby than you right? LOL I say go and have fun. Keep ringing to check up even if they start to sound annoyed! Write a big list - if nothing else, it will make you feel better.

Enchanted Guest

I still can't decide! I just

I have hayfever too, so I think I won't enjoy the day at all between me sneezing and worrying about Oscar. I don't know if I should call and see if our friends have someone else they can give the ticket to or still go but risk my hayfever! Argh... it's all too damn hard.

Sorry for the selfish posts.

Danni, I am still the same & Maddy is 9 & I have 3 I get all flustered!

But I say go & have fun!!!

Dani, I say go. If you are enjoying yourself stay, If not, come home. He will be fine!! at least you tried and as the councellor at mothers group said, you need to fill up the urn(thats you!), otherwise it won't work when you need it to.

Megan76 Guest

OHHHHHHH so much going on in here i have no hope of keeping up SORRY!! Lucas was a bit off yesterday and i think it might have had something to do with a second tooth that you can see a hole and a little white dot for!! But who knows maybe he was just GRUMPY!! He's fine today though!

Hope you are all well, sorry i cant keep up with personal atm, but DANI i really hope you went out and the only other things i can remember to share are..... NO ROMANCE HERE!! JEM i did exactly the same thing with the clothes and didn't even realise till you pointed it out!! SACHA woo hoo on the one wake up!!

Have a great weekend everyone we have my SIL coming over soon cos she got dumped (again!) she is really having no luck with men so wants to come and see Lucas to cheer her up!!

XX
    Last edited by Megan76; February 16th, 2008 at 01:19 PM.

Hi ladies

Sorry no personals tonight i am exhausted!

My sister and her children came home today, they have been gone for three weeks! when they left Ethan wasn't crawling and my niece Tanaiya (11 months) had only just started, today we put them on the floor together and they were both on there hands and knees staring at each other, then they crawled around following each other and playing together and then...they had a fight! Lol tanaiya smacked ethan on the head and face, so we moved them away, they played again then she scratched his face then mum was holding ethan and tanaiya sat in front of him and he pulled her hair!!

This afternoon an old school friend came over with her two kids, Dyllan 4 and Jordyn 8 weeks (made me clucky!) Ethan was laying on his tummy on the floor and Dyllan was running round and round ethan so ethan then started spinning round and round on his belly trying to see where dyllan was going! Funny moment!

I am now so tired as i spent a few hours playing chasey with my nephew Jaiycob, and i kept saying no more and he was like more more!! I hadnt seen him for so long and i gave in and kept chasing every time!

Ok i have babbled enough! Goodnight

How did you go Danni?

Have you recovered from your play dates Jess? LOl at Ethan getting his own back!

How is the tooth Megan? I have a grumpy one too atm.

Is anyone's bub doing the proper babble with consonants? Autie mostly sounds like an excited or surprised monkey with an occasional raspberry for good measure.

I'm so bored. Why isn't housework exciting?

Enchanted Guest

I had sooo much fun yesterday, so I am glad that I went. However, I had a fight with MIL about her looking after Oscar. I wanted her to look after Oscar here (which is a 30 sec walk down the road) but NO she had to have him at her place. Anyway, he survived but the ILs will not be asked to look after Oscar again after the carry on. There was a bit of a drama yesterday though, after everything had finished last night a gf and I were packing up etc and the rest of our group left us and we missed the bus to go home! So I had to get DH to come and pick me up and my gf went to a local pub. Apparently the whole group ended up being split up and noone knew who was where. What a mix up! Will be back tonight for some personals when the kiddies are in bed (I have my brothers again tonight!)

Have a great day ladies!

Oh danni how annoying, sorry you had to have the drama. Hows your hay fever today?

Lol sacha i think i have recovered but we will all be together at my mums sometime today so i will have to see how i feel after that! I haven't run around with kids like that since i was pregnant and working!! Well gotta get used to it some time, im sure time is going to keep flying by and before we know it we will be running around after our own!!

I'm so bored. Why isn't housework exciting?
    Ah sacha i was thinking the same thing Its what im supposed be doing now but its sooo boring lol!

Megan76 Guest

Sacha - Lucas has only learnt g and d this weekend! Not happy though cos i am sure he will say dad first!! The tooth is still not through but he has been happier the past few days, probably cos its the weekend and daddy's home! Hope you find something better to do than housework!

Danni - I'm glad you went, annoying about MIL though, surely it would have been easier for everyone if he stayed home!!

Jess - I hope you have a more relaxing day, although i'm sure it was fun!!

I have had my back strapped all weekend (still birthing injuries!) it is so annoying and DH has had to do lots of stuff with Lucas including putting him in the cot. He has had 100% strike rate with putting him in awake and him going to sleep with no fuss at all so thinks he's pretty good! Lucas is in bed babbling now though and i think his great run might come to an end...he he!!

Smile

Glad you had fun at the fest too Dani, I went to one in melbourne years ago when Jewel and George were playing. Shame about the MIL drama and getting split up afterwards!

Sacha ~ My son is a chatterbox! He has B, M and D down pat. Everything is bub, bub, bub...Or ma, ma, ma. Which sounds like mum, mum, mum. Also I swear I've heard him say Daddy too. DF was not as convinced although he was looking right at him when he said it!

Lucas woke up for another early feed this morning, hence the early post!

Have a great day all xoxox

Smile

Oh Megan, I hope your back is ok...

JESS!! Just read your other post how is Ethan???
    Last edited by August; February 18th, 2008 at 05:51 AM.

Megan76 Guest

Cool

Well DH still ended the weekend with 100% strike rate with putting Lucas to bed, i bet he plays up for me today!!

Hi All

Megan, what happened to your back if you don't mind me asking?

Autie is having a miserable time with her eczema which has flared up I'm thinking it may be the formula I mix with her cereal as I'm not good with dairy. I've spent at least a $100 on different creams and oils. Anyway the itch is driving her mad and last night she woke after 40mins, screaming and using her toes to rub at her legs frantically. I covered her in pawpaw ointment and she went back to sleep but I thought for sure we would have a bad night but after that, she only woke once! So surprised. Having said that, I just found out the Lucas Pawpaw ointment is petroleum based, so I'm going to hunt out the Simmons brand that isn't today. One more thing to add to my home pharmacy shop LOL

Hope everyone has a good start to the week

Have you tried Alpha Kerri lotion for the excema?

Lachlan's has just about cleared up and I have only been using it for a week. No redness in it at all now. It's worked great.

We have a tooth poking through.... the gum is split and ready for engagement! LOL

Lach's been a little on the grumpy side, obvisouly from the teeth. So I am hoping it hurrys up, pop's thru, and then he can settle again.

Hi to all.

Megan76 Guest

Sacha - I hope you can clear up Autie's skin the poor little pickle!
    It is actually my tailbone that is still causing me the most grief...i cannot sneeze or cough or get up from feeding without pain and i constantly have to sit on my side! All the tightness around the tailbone is affecting my back and the big buddha i carry around all the time doesn't help!! I have seen an osteopath and had acupuncture and now am on to the physio! It is so frustrating cos its been 7 months! God knows how i will give birth again!!

hey everyone!!

Thought I would pop on and see whats going on.. it is hard to stay away from the forums but aI am at mum's house waiting for her to get back from work and got nothing else to do...

Avaleigh's cold has gone away but is left with a very snotty nose and cough. Her temp got up pretty high but baby panadol sorted it out. We didnt got to the dr's cause i figured he would just tell me to keep doing what I am doing! the worst part is, Jason is sick now and you know how it is when the men get sick - they think its the end of the world!!

I am having a bit of a tough time with Avaleigh during the night... for the past week she has been waking up any time between midnight and 4am for a feed. She is literally screaming the house down if she doesnt get a feed. I think this is because she doesnt feed enough at her 8pm feed as she normally falls asleep on me or isnt interested. We have dinner about 4.30pm, I wonder if she is still full from that?? Maybe I will try it at 4pm instead so there is 4 hrs between her bext feed.. hehe just thinking allowed! Our BFs have now jumped up to between 6-9 feeds, I figure this is because she is crawling now and needs the extra feeds..

Still no teeth here and no sign of teeth. Everyone says she is teething but I am not going to believe it until I see that tooth out!!

Well better go, Avaleigh is very curious of mum's house and is getting in to everything.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast