Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2007 #8

Megan76 Guest

Em - I think stopping wrapping Lucas was the best thing we did! He started sleeping longer as he wasn't wrestling his wrap and could get to his hands easier! He doesn't wake himself up, but is harder to resettle when he wakes early without picking him up as his arms are flying everywhere. I'd go for it! I started with one arm out, then two with the wrap around his chest then just took it off altogether.I also started with daytime first. By the way, Lucas tries to suck his dummy backwards too!

Hope you start feeling better V!

Lucas feel asleep when i was feeding him and i thought he had woken up so i put him on his playmat but he started sucking his thumb and went back to sleep...very bizarre! He just woke up and sh#t himself though! I put him in bed but he was wide awake and i don't like my chances! So much for working on these lunchtime sleeps this week!!

I have tried Zyon without the wrap but all I got were spurts of waking & crying, not so much that i had to get up & resettle him, just not any deep sleeping going on... He fusses to get his hands to his mouth too, but soon drifts off & sleeps from 9pm, til 7am (most days!)
    So I am not yet ready to tempt fate!!!

V... any chance you could be preg!?????

HAHAHA I knew someone was going to ask that!! And I dont think I could be pregnant as Jason and I have been using protection. I think I have just come down with something or my sister thinks my body could have gone in to shock from all my exercise and different eating..

And I am starving atm but am too afraid to eat anything!

If your starving you better eat (even if you do bring it abck up) your body is telling you it needs food!!!

Oh bummer not preg yet!!! hee hee [email protected]!

yeh I know.. I will eat something that will come up nicely. lol if that is even possible..

icecream... hee hee

Hi all,

Fran, nice to see your still around. Cute pici too.

Megan, Xavier sometimes sticks his fingers too far and makes a few gagging noises. We have had a couple of laughs. but they are select. He laughs a little when I pretend to eat his neck, 'cause my hair tickles him.

Nicki, I hope your docs appt goes well. there were only about 5 couples from ours that turned up. I thought it would be less structured into groups and more just general mingling.

Star, good on you stick to your guns. Mum wanted me to invite a couple of people I never see to my wedding, so I let her put them on the list and then took them off later and said no, there is no room we need some more of Nathan's family. With the icing, can you use a different recipe. Or does it mean the liquid crisco? If so thats just vegetable oil and it is in the supermarket with the vegetable oil and has a blue label.

jan I think orange juice, tea and coffee are plenty to offer, after all you don't want soft drinks etc, because you would be wanting to be positive role models for the kids anyway. iykwim.
    Besides it's not a restaurant as my mum's voice fly's out of my mouth.

Sascha, I haven't used it yet, but the chemist pointed me towards a sunscreen called toddler invisible zinc. It's actually a 100% zinc cream so it is a barrier rather than a whole bunch of chemicals, bit on the expensive side though. oh and it's not your traditional thick sticky zinc, it's a bit smoother. Insect replant would probably be a bit harder. If your at home, I would try growing a citronella bush, you could also take cuttings and hang them on the pram. Best best is probably have bubs in a pram with a cover on it when your out and about, but I know that can be very impractical.
    Xavier has awake time between around 6 and 8ish, when he then has a bit of a top up feed and goes to sleep.
    I always express after Xavier has gone to bed each night because I know I have the most time in between feeds. I try to wait 2 hours after he has gone to bed, so around 10pm. I express for the sole purpose of keeping supply going so that my body knows it needs to do it every night, so as much as my boobs will give up I also use it as a time to massage as a preventative to blocked ducts, 'cause sometimes Xavier plays funny buggers during the day.

Veronica, I hope your feeling a little better. Fingers crossed it goes quickly and avaleigh will be fine. You know many people have ended up with accidental surprises even when being carefull Tracey beat me to the preggers question.

Well today we had our first Docs appointment for something other than the I'm a new baby check ups. Xavier has been raspy for a while, but he was fine so I let it be and then yesterday he woke up with quite a cough, and he coughed lots last night too,and was all snotty this morning. so we went to the doc, and it is just a cold, but I could think of nothing worse than if I was wrong and it became more than a cold. But all is good.

Well better go back to him, and pay some attention. The TV only works for so long.

Megan76 Guest

Rebecca- the first cold is quite stressful and dont be suprised if the cough lasts a few weeks! I took Lucas to the doc's about 3 times cos i was worried about a chest infection but it finally went away. Lucas started waking for a night feed too as he was taking bugger all during the day cos i think he couldn't breathe properly...fun and games. Hopefully that doesn't happen to you!

Anyone else on facebook? I'm trying to organise it but i cant even find a decent photo of myself!!

im starting to feel a little better. I had a small nap on the couch and Jason changed Avaleigh and I have just fed her. Looks like what I had was maybe a 6 hr bug??? I am still going to take it easy today and tomorrow and not go to the gym. What am I going to do with myself tho!! There are a heap of things I need to do at home, i've even written myself a list!! LOL

Megan - I have facebook. Its not as addictive now as what it was when I first got on. You can add me if you want.. Veronica Vlodarski or [email protected]

OOOh Zyons realised we come a running in to check on him when he coughs, didnt take hhim long... He now coughs just for fun!!! Then laughs coz we say "You Ok little man!

wow - i feel like i've been gone forever - this may take me a bit to catch up - i might have to try later tonight when michael nods off

Good to see you all again .... lol so to speak

TTFN

Thanks everyone for your answers. I was thinking I should try putting Autumn to bed later (currently it's 6.30) as she doesn't sleep through, or even for longer than 4 hours at a time most nights (though she used to) but after tonight I realised she knows the routine so well - bath 5.30, feed while massaging, falls asleep by 6.30- that I would be struggling to keep her up any longer. And we've just added in story time before the bath - I lie on my back next to her and she *loves* it, I can read 4 or 5 books without losing her attention. I am jealous of all those of you who have your bundles sleeping for long stretches though.

Re: Coughs and colds - I haven't tried it myself yet, but I did hear recently that the soles of the feet are great for absorbing any medications and that if you rub Vicks or an alternative into their feet and put socks on at bedtime, it will do astounding things for coughs and colds.

Em - thanks, I like that photo too, she rarely smiles in photos because she's too curious about the camera. About the wrapping, I haven't fully wrapped Autumn since she was very young as she was Houdini with her hands, now I use a grobag or just wrap the legs which I find are both strong cues for her to sleep. She did startle a lot initially, but I've noticed that even when it does happen now, she seems to sleep through it most times. Also, I side-slept her when I stopped wrapping so that probably helped to contain the startle a little. Good luck!

Hey Everyone,
    Wow what a hectic last few days we have had.
    Can't talk too long we still have a bit to do before we call it a night. The move went pretty well, was only sick twice on moving day, so all was good. It was funny DH made me take a pregnancy test, to reassure him this merina thing works, but that another story for later. We have nearly all settled in. I have to head off tomorrow and get some new things for the house, like outdoor setting, entertainment unit, t.v., bed & matresses, but most of the unpacking is done apart from a couple of bedroom boxes.
    Had the internet come back on today, and I can tell you what, I have had bad BB withdrawels. Will have to get back on tomorrow or the next day and read back what I have missed.
    Just thought I pop in quickly to say hi, like I said BBL.
    MWA!!!c

Hi Ladies

Well this is only a super quick one as i thought i would get a chance to catch up while ethan was sleeping but he is awake already (napped for 30mins)!! and i only just finished reading everything! it has been busy in here

Gotta Run....Ethans getting angry!

BBL (maybe)

Hi all,

Well my little man might have a cold, but he slept like a champion last night. 11.5 hours, exactly what a sick little boy needs. It might help that we have angled his bed, so he can breath. I woke at 6.30 am and had to go check on him.

Veronica, have you ever rested in your life You can't sit still. Slow down women.

Tracey LOL cheeky little man you have.

FYI, I have been told that never should vicks touch the skin of a baby. The jar even says not to use on children under 2. I was told you could put a little on their singlet, or put some on a cloth like a hankey on their bed, then cover it with a cloth nappy or something because Vicks burns baby skin. (I did hear someone mention baby vicks before, but I've never seen it so i don't know how it is different from regular vicks)

With the unwrapping, it isn't necessarily a bad thing if bubs startle themselves awake initially. It might mean a few nights with you helping them settle back down, but I'm sure it would aid in learning to self settle during the night.

Mel you have made me laugh. Pregnancy test, little concerned was he :lol; little jealous though, I'd love to go shopping for all that stuff, how much fun would a little retail therapy be.

jessikah, that happens to me all the time, although I have started posting as I read. Sometimes i have 2 windows open, one for reading one for posting. Yet sometimes I still do't get through all the posts before Xavier wakes. And if he's only in a light sleep, my typing wakes him up, as my keyboard is a little old, and a little loud.

Megan76 Guest

Rebecca - Not that you would wish him to be sick but i am glad Xavier and the rest of the family got to have a good night sleep!

Oops the little bugger just woke up...1 and a half hours for the morning sleep which is pretty unheard of so i can't complain

BBL

Thanks for pointing that out Rebecca, it was wrong of me to assume people would know I wasn't speaking of normal vicks in the case of babies. I don't know how baby vicks is different either as I have never used either kind but I do know of people with young babies who use it and swear by it. There is also one called Euky Bearub. Your chemist should know the ins and outs of them all, if you decide to try it.

I think in the Bounty bags we got Baby Balsam which is like Vicks (I think) never used either myself, a squirt of breastmilk up his nose usually clears it all out!!! Hmm, should get it on Video for his 21st!!!!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast