Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2007 #8

Default Babies Born July 2007 #8

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in July 2007.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Lea13 - [email protected]
    Astrolady - [email protected] ~ Administrator
    Christy - [email protected] ~ Administrator
    Sherie - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Catch up with your old thread here

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Yey first in.
    Hope everyone has a lovely sunday.
    BBL tonight hopefully, have another full day of moving today. Most of Charlizes bedroom will be done today. And I have to go shopping for some safety gates for the stairs. I think so retail therapy will make me feel much better.
    Take care all

Have fun moving Mel!!

Thanks girls for all the advice...Olivia has been sleeping well in her sleeping bag, although I did wrap her last night but she is sleeping now unwrapped.

Have a good sunday...BBL, off to Aldi to do the shopping.

This Day Light Saving is a killer, its really 8:30, so I have really been up since 6!!!

Floss xx

hey everyone. I hope you have all had a good weekend and that the weather was better there than what it has been in Perth!!

Quick Question - has any ones bubs dropped their day feeds?? Avaleigh has only fed twice today which is really not like her, she has normally had 3 or 4 feeds by now. She had her first feed at 7am and then the next at midday and then the next at 4pm and I just tried to feed her again at 7pm and all she was doing was crying...

Hey V

I can't tell you for sure because I don't record it, but my gut feeling is that Liam's feeding has been really weird lately. I'm lucky if he feeds for 5 minutes most of the time, although he's probably still on a rough 3 hour schedule from beginning of 1 feed to the start of the next one, at least during the day. And he will mostly only ever take 1 side at a time, so just after he wakes & then the second side just before he goes to sleep. Occasionally he will sneak in a long feed, but mostly they're really short, and he absolutely cracks it if I try to make him stay for longer. It sort of worries me, except when I'm being rational I figure that if he wasn't getting enough food he'd be really grizzly & miserable, and would have sleeping issues, which he's generally not, so I'm hoping that it's just that he's become super efficient at guzzling. Plus he doesn't look like he's losing weight, although he's not a hugely chubby baby at this stage (except for his cheeks, they're definitely chubby, and very pinchable). When I'm not so rational I get really worried about my supply drying up & I can be incredibly frustrated because I feel like I can't work him out, but mostly I try to be too much like this. Not sure that this helps you though, except maybe to say that babies do weird things??

And a woo hoo for me - Liam had his 2nd ever "sleep through the whole night" last night, so for the first time since I was about 2 months pregnant I had close to 8 hours uninterrupted sleep - I feel like a new woman. Well I did, but I've been up since 7am (6am in the pre daylight saving time), so I'm knackered now, but boy did I love my long sleep.

V- Kaetlyn seems to have dropped a feed as well. she is now on five feeds per 24 hours- so roughly at the moment 9/10 am, 12/1 3/4 6pm and 9pm, then I put her to bed. I am worried that it is not enought, buy barb said it is alright for the 5 feeds.

Jan- Doesnt it fel great to have a long sleep? Life seems so much better when youve had sleep!!!

We had our antenatal rreunion today! aaron couldnt go as he had to work.
    And get this...... out of 11 pregnant women, there was only 2 girls!!! what are the odds! Some of them were excited when I pulled a pink baby out of the car, as there were only boys there at the time. then the last bubba to arrive was a girl, so here i was thinking Kaetlyn was the odd one out!!!!
    I think that they are going to organise another reunion later on. it will be fun to see all the other bubs growing up!
    Kaetlyn was also the biggest by far! she was such a good girl, she didnt cry all day- every other bub did though!

Well hopefully off to bed, Kaetlyn seems to keep waking herself up tonight, so she sososo tired, I might try putting her in her cot tomorrow afternoon for a big nap- she seems to be getting really tired mid afternoon, and its not good for aaron to come home after work to a grizzly baby, he seriously thinks that she does not like him

Jan - Avaleigh has been like what you have described with Liam but has been OK lately. We've just bee through the first unsettled evening in a while and she has finally settled in my arms!

What is everyone planning to do about this day light savings that has thrown a spanner in to the works??!! We had a great routine happening where Avaleigh's first feed was at 6am and last at 9 or 10pm.. but if it still continues I wont be in bed until 11pm!! But most of the time I am waking Avaleigh up for her last feed...hmm guess we will see what happens

Well, I know I should be happy for the ocassional sleep through, but when the sleep through is followed by a night where we're up every 2 freaking hours (11, 1 3,5), then I think I'd rather not have the sleep through. At the 3pm feed I made up a bottle of boiled water, thinking that that would jinx him from waking at 5 - ha, as if. Mind you, thought the bottled water was a big fat joke, just lay in my arms gurgling & smiling back at me until his eyes got sleepy & he was put back to bed. I don't mind a single feed during the night, but I think I'd like to try some controlled crying to stop any excessive waking habits from establishing, but his Dad could be a problem, he hovers like crazy when Liam's upset, saying "useful" things like "what's wrong with you" endlessly. soooo helpful. Not. I don't know that I can cope with both of them in the middle of the night, so not sure what I'm going to do yet

HI all,

Megan, glad to hear you survived. Fasion right now seems to be that awful 80's fashion all over again. I went looking for an outfit to wear to a wedding, and all I could think of is i don't want to look twice my age. I hope I've avoided that.

Star, I am jealous of you weighing less than before you were preggers, that would be my dream.

Jemima, Happy Belated Birthday

Nicki, no we haven't forgotten you.

Mel Good luck with moving. I'm sure once your all unpacked everything will calm down and start to improve for you.

Veonica, I did a quick count and Xavier had 6 good feeds yesterday. Then proceeded to wake at 4 am (not happy) and was hungry.
    I am going to see what Xavier wan'ts to do about daylight savings. Hopefully he will just go to sleep at 8 like he had been

Jan, Yay on the long sleep. I hope there are many more to come. Sorry to hear about the following night, and such a helpful daddy Nathan is a bit like that.

Sara, grizzly afternoon baby sounds like someone I know. Nathan sometimes thinks that Xavier doesn't like him because of it too. I just tell him not to be so stupid.

We too had our baby school reunion the other night. Then I got a phone call friday afternoon to ask If nathan and I would be happy to attend one of the other classes to share our experience.

Nicki, I think I saw you there, but i didn't get an opportunity to say hi, because of how they were structured.

Hi everyone, seems like it's been ages since I last posted! Firstly, happy belated birtthday Jem! I hope you had a fabulous day!

Alessia is doing beautifully - a little more restless lately but that may be b/c she's coming up to the 12 week mark. Other than that, not much else to report on...most of the time, if I've been able to come online and have a read, I don't have time to post cos the little one wakes up! She's usually feeding around 3 hourly during the day - will wake around 6am and will go down for bed b/w 8 and 9pm. It's nice now that I'm seeing some kind of pattern cos it makes planning outings a lot easier!

Will try to pop on a little more frequently! Take care everyone!

Megan76 Guest

Hi everyone!

NOt much to report here. Lucas is on his mat squealing his head off...very funny but god its loud! We are still getting awesome night sleeps but shocking day ones, i shouldnt complain but it does my head in!!

Had a good night out with the girls but missed the little boy by the morning, then my MIL came and stole him till 5pm - not happy!

V - Lucas is only having 4 feeds a day - generally starts between 7.30 and 8.30 and feeds four hourly, he goes through stages with how much he has and how fussy he is though!

Megan76 Guest

Forgot to ask, does anyone else baby put their fingers in thier mouth and gag themselves? Lucas is ridiculous he is sticking two fingers down his throat....its a bit early for bulemia!!

Meagan, Alessia is exactly the same - if she's not fast asleep or has the dummy in, her fists are in her mouth - she even tries to put both in at once!

Hi everyone

Yay on the baby reunions! I think our one should be coming up. I rang them last week or so to ask about it, but no one has gotten back to me yet. Must ring them again.

Diana has worked out how to get her musical mobile to play (by pulling the handle). It's so cute.

BBL.

Hi there,
    had an awesome night out on saturday, so am now feeling a little more like a person again.
    Had a few oo many drinks, and a bit too much fun. lol
    Anyway, I am 150% convinced Lach is suffering silent reflux.
    I have had a horrid 2 weeks now.... but it whas been going on for at least 7 weeks.
    Have a docs appt tomorrow so we'll see how that goes.
    Had Lach on formula on saturday night and he took it really well. He also transitioned back to breast quite well, when I held him completely upright.

V - Lach feeds approx every 3 hours from 7am - 6pm and then can go 10-12 hours without another feed.
    ALthough last night he woke at 230 for a feed.

Rebecca - yeah I was there. It wasnt really worth it, most of our group didnt bother turning up which was a little disappointing.

anyway, lots to do... still unpacking bits and peices ata time... no hurry.
    Trying to deal with lachs issues and unpacking is hard work.
    back soon
    Nicky

I'm not sure how Daylight savings has changed anything??? Dont you just still give last feed at same time??? Sorry I am a little confused by what you mean V? Hee hee

I normally bath Zy around 8pm, then he gets both breasts & looks mighty drunk, he then goes down around 9pm, he might wake anything from 4-6am...

Although we all had stupid head colds ATM, so i was up & down boowing my nose last night & then Zyon was up sneezing, coughing etc... So last night was a crappy one...

Zyon also has both hands sahoved into his mouth at all times too...

Megan76 Guest

Nicky - i thought Lucas may have had silent reflux as he was screaming at every feed when i was breastfeeding to the point where it was so stressful for both of us that i gave up at 8 weeks. He is so much more content on the bottle. I hope you get it all worked out, sounds like you're going through a rough patch!

Fran - not sure what to do about Lucas and this whole hand/thumb thing.....he puts himself to sleep which is ace, but only because he sucks his thumb, not sure if i should be concerned about it at this stage or not. How funny is it when they try and get both hands in, what is with that!!

Rebecca - i am sure you looked great at the wedding! I agree about the clothes, i have all these vouchers i got for my birthday and cannot find anything i like, its always the way!

Jan - i hope things get better with the night waking. I went to a settling class and basically they say to wait for one minute of crying then go in and pat them for about 5- 10 (it is alot of crying!) then put the dummy in if you want to and keep patting and hope they settle. We used it with Lucas so he would learn to put himself to sleep during the day and it actually worked after about a week and now he goes to bed awake every time without a fuss. He is sleeping about 12 hours at night so i assume that means he is self-settling in the middle of night, but he is a bad day catnapper and i have also heard that these babies start to surface at night too once they reach a certain weight so who knows whats in store. At the settling class (run by Tweddle) they don't recommend controlled crying till 6 months, just this controlled comforting. Sorry for the rambling....

Mel - i hope Charlize is better and the moving is going ok!

hehe sorry for the confusion Tracey!! I think because Avaleigh went for 5 hours between feeds yesterday it stuffed up a few things. But we will see how we go today. I fed her at 8am, 12pm and then will hopefully get one in at 3pm and 6pm and then 9pm after my gym. So then that would mean she would go to sleep hopefully until 6am and we should go back in to our normal routine. Fingers crossed!!

oh and Avaleigh loves her hands too!!! Always in her mouth and sometimes both fists at once. The child health nurse said that putting things in their mouths are the only way they ca discover themselves because up until the discover everything from head to toe, they think they are an extension from their mum

uh oh gotta go screaming bub on my lap!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast