Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2007 #8

Well I just realised that this is about the time last year, that we all conceived our little bubbas.. wow how its gone so fast

Lach has reflux. Doc just wont give him anything
    So I am trying my hardest to continue with bfing, but we'll see how long it lasts.
    My last 2 weeks have been hell. I feel like such a failure at the moment

I know I havent said exactly what hes been doing, but when I get a spare 30mins, I will come in and explain what has been happening.

ON the plus side, most nights we are gettting about 9 hours sleep out of him.

hopefully I'll be back later, he's woken up for a play

Hi all

so much goes on in here when you arent around for a day or so!!

Well DH just arrived home - thank goodness!! As I have said in earlier posts I have found life to be crazy when he is away - so full on doing everything for three children on my own. At least when he is home he is the most wonderful help. A lot of my stresses when he is away is from mental exhaustion I think - I mean physically it is full on but mentally not having someone else around is so tiring. I dont like to complain but it does help to get it out of the system!! But its ALL GOOD!!

I havent had a proper chance to read back on everyones post in grat detail so I will try and do that.

Nicky - I did read your post and sorry to hear Lach has reflux - although in saying that at least you definitely know what has been unsettling him now. Why wont the Dr put him on meds? I read a thread in here a while ago re some magic refulx/colic medication that you can get from Perth - Caro started the thread I think - might be worth looking at???

Mel - glad to hear you are feeling better and hehehehe at DH making you doa preg test? How does it feel to finally be in your new house?

V - are you feeling better yet?

Bec - I know I have said it before but wow Xavier is the best sleeper - even when sick. Ihope he is on the mend.

Tracey - too cute of Zyon with his coughing to get attention. They soon become very very knowing dont they!!

Fran - great to hear from you - sounds liek things are going pretty well for yo and Alessia.

Megan - Woohoo for a 1 1/2 hour sleep. Lets hope you get one of those this afternoon as well!!

Sacha - thats so cute that Autumn loves being read to. We have read to all three children from birth - both Oliver and Jesse LOVE books and can recite their fave bits and he is starting to pick out words (well Oliver can) so there is definitely truth to the theory that reading to them from birth promotes an interest in words/speech/books etc.

Well thats it from me for now. We have a Xmas show to go to on the weekend - the crazy period starts from now on! How frightening/exciting to think Xmas is nearly here! I have done most of my Xmas shopping for the kids as well as a few others so I am hoping that for once I can be a bit more organised rather than trying to shop at the last minute EEKKKK!!

Take care
    Jem

Hi Everyone, Just a quickie from me.
    We have had a terible time of late getting Kaetlyn to sleep at night and also at day time. Now she pickes this time to have a major sleep during the day when we are ment to be leaving to go out to dinner for SIL birthday. I am tossing up wether to be late or feed her!!!! Aaron says to wake her.

We brought the pinky book, sleeping like a baby, and I have only read snippets so far and it has helped- i read that TV over stimulates them, so no tv on here today, and also that sometimes when theyare bored it sounds like they are tired and can bbe hard to differentiate them, so they have both helped today.

Well she has woken- with the help of aaron! so better feed the darling and then dgo to dinner!!!!

xoxox
    Sara
    BBL for [personals I promise!!!!!!

Megan76 Guest

Sara - i agree with the bored/tired thing! Usually when Lucas cracks it on his playmat (which is in front of the tv..whoops!) i take him into another play area in the other living room and put him down to see if he still cracks it, or has another play, then i know if he was actually tired!! Has worked for me anyway! Let us know if you get any other big tips from the book!

Just something i read in the contented little baby book is that she thinks there are two reasons babies become early wakers i.e. 5-6am (when they should no longer be hungry) - nursery not dark enough and what you do when you feed them at this time - its suggested to make any feed before 7am like a night feed, dark & quiet to avoid them thinking in the long run that this is the time we start the day......anyway they are my tips for the day!!

Aaaaaaarrrrrgggghhhh!!!!! Just when I think I have the sleep thing sorted out, she changes her mind! I wish she'd just decide what she wants/needs to go to sleep and stay asleep and stick with it for longer than 3 days! It's doing my head in!
    ('Scuse the rant)

Megan76 Guest

Sacha have you got the Sounds for Silence CD? Works a treat for Lucas.

Jem i'm glad Dh is home, i seriously do not know how you do it...you need a cape with SW on it!!
    Last edited by Megan76; October 31st, 2007 at 08:07 PM.

Sacha as Megan said the Sounds for Silence CD is GREAT. We used it heaps for Jesse who was very very unsettled as a baby. It uses white noise/environmental noise (there are also some musical tracks) and it worked a treat for us. There is a website you can check for further info if you google the name but I would highly recommend it.

Megan - yes I am so happy that DH is home - yippee!! I am right in saying that you said your DH works away as well (I hope I got that right)??

Megan76 Guest

Nope he actually works around the corner and is home for lunch most days so i am very lucky!! The SW is for Super Woman!

Whoops - I know there are a few of us whose husbands work away! We are all deserve the SW tag whether it be one, two, three or more children!! With the Sounds for SIlence Cd do you use one particular track to settle lucas or does he settle to any of them? Jesse settled the best to one particular track - I think it was number 2 - we had it on repeat night after night!! I havent had to use it for Charlotte.

Thanks guys, I haven't tried it but I do play a continuous rain CD (no music) which even DH finds relaxing when he's home. She's woken 5 times since I put her to bed and she used to sleep until 1 or 2 before waking at all - I know they change, it's just frustrating is all. It may just be that DH left again on Tues and she got used to his snoring!

Sacha, I love the photo of Autumn!!! Has she got heaps of hair as well? Kaetlyn has a mega head full!!!
    Kaetlyn went through a change with her sleeping about 3 weeks where she would scream whe we put her in her cot day or night, now what i have done for two night, and its worked both is:
    * Read a story after her feed, in her sleeping bag,
    *then we walk around the house and turn of the lights around the house that affect her room,
    *then I gently rock her until she is nearly alseep, and I place her in her cot, with a hand on her chest for a couple of minutes, then I go backa while later and tuck her in the cot to try and stop her rolling around the cot (although it never works as I always find her in the mirning untucked and around the wrong way in the cot)!

However, I think i might get the CD everyone is talking about.

Smile

Hi Everyone

Itís so good to catch up properly, it seems Iím no longer getting email updates for our thread so have been missing you guys! Itís great to read up on how all the babies are progressing together, Lucas has been dribbling lots and sucking his hands, and yes he gags himself! You can see his all his bottom teeth. We are down to one feed a night now and I'm actually a bit tired from all the extra sleep!

Mel ~ what kind of safety gates did you get? Iíve got stairs here, one lot to the basement and another that leads out to the decking. Both very dangerous.

Janno ~ Glad you have been having nice sleeps! Sounds like Liam is getting what he needs at feed, Iím sure youíd hear about it if he wasnít. Good on your for taking his lead and being a relaxed mumma.

Blue ~ I put Lucas in his cot for day sleeps if he is really tired. He sleeps for longer or will just play until he falls asleep. Itís good to know heís safe while in there and I've been enjoying the extra time to catch up on things.

V ~ Since daylight savings bedtime has been an hour later, so closer to 8pm than 7pm which has become a bit too early for him. What time do you feed Avaleigh before the 9 / 10pm feed? Maybe you could juggle her feeds so her bedtime feed is earlier, and get those solid hours of sleep into her nighttime. The same thing happened with us and Lucas and I just had to change his feeds a little. Hope you are ok still too!

Fran ~ I love Alessiaís beautiful big eyes! She is such a beautiful little girl!!

Megan ~ I donít think I could handle my MIL taking off with Lucas. I know he would be fine but she is usually so excited to see him that she bounces him up and down and rocks him back and forth really hard. Not handy when she visits at 5pm so Iím a bit iffy when she him all to herself, but I try not to be like that!

Squishee ~ Good to here you are still BF, I really admire you for it sticking with it this long as I know youíve had your ups and downs. I read the post Jem told you about too, its from a chemist and is a secret family recipe. You and Lach shouldnt have to suffer so I'd get another opinion if your current dr wont help.

Jas ~ About dummies, Lucas had one in hospital. We couldnít BF for the first 10 days so it was a lifesaver, but now I find Iím giving it to him more than he wants it so it would be interesting to see what would happen if I took it away or used it only at night.

Sacha ~ Sounds like Autumn had a great time, she is such a cutie! Expressing after each feed is a good way to go, you just pick the time of day. After the first morning feed is best though when you have the most milk.

Becca ~ Hope Xavier is feeling better and he doesnít get too sick,

Bens Mum Mel ~ Iíve been there too as Lucas was a 2-3 hour baby, it does get better so hang in there.

Tracey ~ Lol about the video! Iíve taken photos of Lucasí hairy ears! Youíd think it would have rubbed off by now but nope itís still there so Iíve taken the pics incase he doesnít believe us.

Jem ~ OMG DPís family donít do xmas but they celebrate in a few weeks on their anniversary. Iím so snowed under getting gifts for that I havenít even thought about xmas yet!!

Well I better go and get back to bed! *big love to all*

August xx

SQUISHEE, In regards to reflux go to the Chemist & buy some infant reflux sachets, I just said my GP had siggested we try it, it gave Zyon instant relief!
    I just mixed it in a bottle with boiled water & gave it after a feed, just a little bit of water, but more than the sachet said!
    He then also went on to zantac (we left a full bottle in Bali, which we'd taken with us & not used much & have an almost full bottle here!) As his reflux seemed to go whilst we were in bali , I personally believe the elimination of dairy from my diet & carrying him in the HAB every day in bali (there's no seatbelt rule in bali so Zyon was in the HAB on me in the Passengers seat, infact on numerous occasions I was breast feeding as we were driving!) So he was in the HAB often & I believe once the dairy was out of my system & he was upright much more that the scar in his oesaphagus could heal & now he is fine, I have slowly started some dairy (like in my cups of tea & he's still fine!)

So I'd say carry him upright in a sling as often as you can & also if you are breastfeeding & want to continue then r4emove all dairy from your diet (Take calcium tabs though!) it may take 2-3wks for the dairy to be gone but it's worth a try as the 2 bottles of formula I forcibly gave Zyon had no benefit in his reflux!~

Good Luck....

Nicky - Tom also has reflux and is on Losec but i definately agree with what Tracey said about dairy. I noticed that even if i had a glass of milo, Tom spewed heaps that day. Are you able to see another doctor or ask your current doctor for a referal to see a paedetrition? My original doctor told me that Tom was just constipated.. I eventually found a doctor who is definately going to be our family doctor now and he was excellent. He even rang me at home to see how Tom was going. We have had some success with taking Tom to a chiropractor - he definately doesnt vomit as much after a session - and we use Infant Gaviscon on really bad days. I supplement fed Tom with formula and the best one i have found is NAN HA. He seems to be able to keep that down the easiest. Hope you are able to sort everything out soon, because it is just horrible for little bubs (and their mummies too!) :hugs:

Well, i gave the not wrapping Tom a go... Didnt work well!
    He was struggling so hard against being put in the wrap that i gave up and put him in his sleeping bag and put him to bed. He lay there screaming with his arms by his side, so i re-wrapped him - then he started struggling to get at his hands, still crying, so i unwrapped just his arms. You guessed it - lay there screaming with his arms by his side! Re-wrapped him - out like a light. Very strange. I might put him to bed wrapped and loosen it in his sleep. Maybe..

Goodluck to all the mummies with sleeping trouble. We use the PeaceBaby cd for Tom - not sure if it works but too scared not to put it on incase thats the thing keeping him asleep! At least it is nice music to hear thru the monitor. I was thinking of getting the Pinky book because just when you think everything is going fine - everything changes. I do the book ordering for my work and noticed that Pinky has a new book coming out in Feb about toddlers. Will have to buy that one for future reference!

Megan76 Guest

Jem - we use number 4 for lucas - he loves the sound of water and this is a bit similar. If he is really crying all we have to do is turn a tap on and he stops! Not good during water restrictions!!!

Sacha - the rain CD proabably has the same sort of effect. Do you play it all night on repeat? They change all the time so hopefully this is just a LITTLE stage and she is ok in the next few days. Maybe try to pick her up as little as possible when she wakes?

Autumn - What are you doing on BB at that hour! I am glad your Lucas is going well!

All is good with Lucas. At home he is being an angel but i feel like no-one ever gets to see him happy or have a good cuddle as he has a bit of a social phobia! Already seems to have stranger anxiety! He is getting so excited by things lately i think his arms and legs are going to fly off!!

Megan76 Guest

Em - i feel exactly the same about the CD we play for Lucas...no idea if he needs it on all night but i am not risking it!! Am a bit worrried he is too dependent on it though but really have no idea!

Good morning ladies!!

2 days without internet access, major withdrawals!! And so much to catch up on.

Mother's group at my place went well. We have a small house, so it was cosy, but it's a really nice group of girls. And as we've known each other now for about 2 months, we're really noticing the changes in the kids as they're all growing. 7 bubs in a room can make a lot of noise!!

Got a little bargain yesterday, which is big for me, cos I'm not the best bargain hunter in the world. I have wanted to get Liam a couple more toys, specifically the Lamaze soft toys cos I really like them and he does too. So I went to Big W (which has the best selection in the shopping centre I went to) and bought him a couple more. Then when I looked at the receipt, I realised that they were on special, because I only paid about $13 each, instead of $18 ($20+ in Myer!) so pretty happy with that. I love shopping for toys, I think I'm going to really enjoy the next few years of Christmas & birthdays. Now what we need is a toy box...

Anyway, better get off here, as I have a friend coming over for lunch, and the place needs a bit of a once over (again ...)
    Will hopefully BBL to do some personals.

Jan- our mothers group has not started yet, and no idea when it will
    Great work on the bargins!!! I like the lamaze toys as well, just so damn expensive!
    MIL keeps laughing at my toy box- its a little cane basket next to KAetlyns play rug, and is really small, so she is getting FIL to make one for christmas. She was saying last night he has drawn up some plans.... and she said it looks like it will be a mansion, with a roof and chimney. By the sounds of it, its going to be huge! not sure where we are going to put it though???

Em- good luck with wrapping, not wrapping Tom! Luckily for us worked a treat, and haven't had any problems since.

Megan LOL at the arms flying off! Kaetlyn has a phobia of sleeping while we are out. I think she is scared that she will miss something. The child is to alert for her own good!
    Last edited by blueflower; November 1st, 2007 at 09:13 AM.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast