Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2007 #9

Hi all, not much to write here.
    I have been using sunscreen on Lac for a ittle while now... only a few times, but we have had no reactions at all. I got an extra sensitive one from the chemist.
    I'd prefer to at least give it a go, especially since it says its good for little ones, then leave it and him get burnt. I think I'd feel much worse if he got burnt.

For christmas... well havent really started yet.. I am saving up a few boxes, and lots of diff types of paper etc. MCHN said that little ones get more value out of these at their age rather than flashy lights and stuff. But I am still going to go out and get some flashy light toys etc. LOL
    Can't help myself!

Anyway, I started weight watchers yesterday. I am only hoping that I can stay on track:S
    Seems like it wont be too hard, and not a great deal different to the things I eat now.

Its fricking hot!! We are at least 3 degrees warmer than where we used to be
    I have managed to walk to the letterbox a few times, but not during the heaT OF THE DAY.... I will die!
    lol

We're still struggling away with the breast feeding. I am bak on tablets to boost my supply, and they are def working. Having to comp feed with one bottle of formula a day at the minute, but am hoping that I wont need to do this soon. Hopefully, even if Lach refuses breast, I can express enough for the one feed he is refusing.

Anyway, I best go adn get the aircon on now. It's going to be nealy 40 here today. Singlet and nappies weather. Luckily I can run around here in whatever I want, as we dont get visitors!

Have a good one all

Hi everyone

Thankyou all for answering my question about xmas presents. I have some great ideas now!!!

Nicky - 40 degrees, yuck. Lucky you have aircon! Hope the bf improves. Not sure if I have mentioned this before but early on when I had low supply I drank fennel tea. It really helped!

My little Oliver rolled from tummy to back last night for the first time! It was a proud moment. DF was away for the night so I called him and he said 'wow - does that mean he'll crawl soon?' It made me laugh as he was very serious. I told him to wait a few months.....Oliver is his first baby and I think he's in too much of a hurry for him to grow up. We saw a boy about 3 running around the shops the other day and he said he couldn't wait for Oliver to be like that!!!!!! Slow down I say!

Hope everyones having a good day.

YacinesMommy Guest

Hi everyone,
    Thanks for the welcome everyone. I know its been a while since I've been on. I had quite a scare on monday afternoon. I had been out most of the day meeting up with a group of mums in my area. I had been home for about an hour, was just tidying up while Miss Y was asleep in her room. I come out into the dinning/living room just as this guy comes in my back door. How he got in beats me as its always locked. He seemed really out of breath and was leaning on my dining room chair. I freaked out and asked him what he wants and to get out of my house. He then then tells me he is just here to take my backpack and grabs it, I said "no your not" and rip it back out of his hands he tries to get it again but doesnt get it. he then runs out the back door and jumps the back fence. I was so freaked out. This guy was only wearing a pair of dirty black jeans, no shoes no shirt and he deffinately looked like he was on something. I called the police right away and as I was on the phone there was banging on my front window and door. I was freaking out cause I thought it was him coming back to try again. It turned out to be DH though, he had forgotten his house keys. I told him what happened and he went and had a look arround the TH complex where we live. The police didnt arrive for 45mins in which time he tried 4 other places in the complex. He had no luck at any of them. Mind you this was at about 530pm when everyone is coming home from work, so not very smart on his behalf. The police did up a report and told us they would call if they had any details. We got a call from forensics on the Tues as they wanted to come out and see if they could get some fingerprints. The detective told us that a guy matching my description had been picked up by police on monday night out at Durak. We then got a call that night from a detective telling me that he was in custody and will be put away for a very long time as he is being charged not only for break and enter but a list of other things which he wouldnt elaborate on.
    He said that they want me to come in sometime next week to do a photo line up to see if I can identify him. All very scary as I dont want this to lead to me having to testify in court. Anyway since all of this happened I have had the House on lock down. Its terrible when you dont feel safe in your own home anymore.

Other than that my Lil' Miss Y has2 teeth now and is only 4.5mths old and on top of it is sickwith a cold. Its terrible, when i give her the bottle she sounds all snuffly. Pool lil mite.
    Mommy Mel- I live in Algester. would love to meet up and hace a coffee sometime.

Chat soon

Tina

OMG Tina you poor thing. Yes it is definitely a terrible thing when you dont feel safe in your own home anymore. Makes me think about how slack I am with security.

Zofia - you poor thing. What a stressful situation you are in. I am so glad you have Diana and your DH for comfort and support. You sound like a very compentent, dedicated and intelligent person so I am sure a new job will come up very soon and it will be with people who appreciate you.

Raels - yay for Oliver rolling and LOL at your DH wanting Oliver to hurry up and start moving. I hear you on the slow down theory!!

Not much new here. Charlotte had her needles this morning and aside form a few little cries she did really well. It is very hot here today so we have just returned from the park and will stay holed up for the rest of the day with the air conditioner on.

Just had a text from Mel who said her op is over and done with and she is feeling a bit groggy and sore but apart from that all good!

Hello to everyone else. I willBBL to finish this post off!

Have to run and sit on the couch and eat some icecream. MMMMMmmmmm!!

Megan76 Guest

Oh my god, need to vent, having one of those days with Lucas....being a pain at feeding times cos he is over tired but screaming blue murder when he is put in his bed. Finally just got him to sleep after a few false starts arrrhhh!!!! To top it off DH is going away tomorrow morning for the weekend to a bucks in Tassie so i will be home alone and i think i will have a nervous breakdown if Lucas is like this all weekend!!!!

Mel - hope all went well and you are going ok after the op!

Zofia - sounds like you are going through a tough time, you will be much happier in a new workplace with respectful people. Good luck.

Jem - Glad Charlottes needles went ok, Lucas got very sleepy for a whole day after his which was heaven!!

Tina - that all sounds horrific, i think i would have collapsed in fright, you must be a tough cookie!

Raels - good work to Oliver on the roll! Sometimes i want Lucas to be all grown up but other times i think i will miss him being a baby...he is already getting so big!

OK brain is fried after a stressful day so i will try and catch up again later!

Hey everyone, forgive me if what I'm about to say doesn't makes sense, I'm still feeling a little groggy.

Tina, OMG you poor thing, that would haved totall freaked me out. And definately up for some coffee, will PM you tp arrange some details. Hows the TTC going ?

Jem, so glad Cjarlottes needles went well, how did the boys behave? Thanks for the info on the stroller arrangements as well.

Megan, hope lucs is feeling better soon, sounds similar tpo jack atmi have put it down to yet sanother growth spurt, hope he's over it before the weenkemd for you.

Raels, what a clever little gou oliver is, and i'm the sme as you and jem, the longer this little mahn stays stationery the better.

Nicky, that heat sounds horrible. And i'm sorry r\to hear that your trobles with supply are bsck, fingers crossed though, it sorts out again soon.

hi, to everyone i have missed, doinga quick rep[ly so can't see past this page, so hope your all well.

Will talk more later,
    bye bye

Tina - wow what a horrible thing for you to go through! You poor thing, I don't really know what to say........hope you don't have to go to court though, sounds like you have been through enough! Two teeth already for you little girl, is that really early? And poor thing being all stuffed up - have you tried some saline drops for her nose?

Jem - glad Charlotte coped well with her needles. Oliver still isn't himself after his on Tuesday.

Megan - hope your little man is settling better for you.

Mel - glad your operation went well. Let me know when you Bris girls are having the get together. Oh and I don't think you can pm anyone until they have done 50 or 60 posts. Tried to pm a friend on here the other day but It wouldn't work. I'm on facebook if you want to get me there. Raelene Rutherford.

Cool Raels, I plan on sitting on the internet all day tomorrow with my foot in the air. Will try hook you up.

YacinesMommy, do you have a face book account?

Who else wants to meet up?

Hey everyone!!

I am on here late like usual. Avaleigh is in bed early tonight so I should do the same! I hope she still sleeps until 6am tho but if she wakes at 5am then thats ok, I will start on the housework early!!

Jason and I went to a travel agent tonight to talk about our honeymoon!! We werent going to go anywhere because we wouldnt have any one to look after the dogs and fish but Jason's best man is coming over from NZ and is staying until January so he can house sit and mum is off work until mid January so she can look after Avaleigh. I would LOVE to bring Avaleigh but we want to go diving and I wouldnt trust anyone on the island to look after her. Ohhhh I will miss her soooooo much!! We arent sure where to go. We would love to go to the maldives but that might be a bit pricey!! We thought the whitsundays but its monsoonal (sp?!) weather then!! So the other places are fiji, bali, tahiti.. We will see how much maldives is first!!

Well I cant wait until tomorrow!! Its dress fitting day!! YAYAYAY!

Oh and Avaleigh rolled over from her back to tummy last night while Jason was looking after her... he got soo excited!! She still cant roll from tummy to back tho but I am sure she will. Must give her more tummy time.

Mel - great to hear that your operation went well!! Whats your facebook?? Mine is Veronica Vlodarski if you want to add me!

Raels - hope you dont mind me adding you!!

Megan - I hope lucas is OK while DH is OK!! I am going to be looking after Avaleigh myself too soon!!

Tina - how scarey!!! What a way to stick up for yourself hey, I guess those protective instincts just kick in.

Nicky - I hope you handled the heat OK.. We had 40 degrees here on Monday. It sucked, stayed inside with the air con!!

Whats everyone elses facebook details? If you have facebook!! hehe add me!! Veronica Vlodarski.. I have heaps of photos and stuff on there and keep it up to date.. gotten slack with the other pages...

Anyways, I must go and get myself in to bed.
    Last edited by Ngala; November 15th, 2007 at 10:21 PM.

V- Have added you in my facebook. Hope you decide on a nice place for a honeymoon! We went to Vanuatu and had a ball there.

Em- think of the computer as your 'me' time. thats what I do!

Sacha- I hadnt even thought about what to do when she is crawling and I have to go to the toilet! at least i know at the moment that Kaetlyn will relatively be in the same room when I leave it. I have not gone overboard on pressies just yet- MIL already has- her spare room is full already and FIL is building a toy box- just as well cause we will have no where to put them all!

Sunscreen- we were out on a picnic and I went to put the baby sunscreen on kaetlyn when I read on the bottle 'DO NOT USE UNDER 6 MONTHS' I didnt see that when I brought it.

Starfish- Bummer on the job issue, and vent away! Just think of it, 2 weeks less stress not being there. Goodluck with the interview.

Nicky- LOL at you running around in anything. just hope that you dont get any surprise visitors!

Tina- OMG- how scary. I would have freaked in that situation. It sounds like you live with alot of people around as well. If this does go to court you will prob be supeoned to court, as you are a witness to the event. Sorry. Hope Yacine is getting better.

Jemima- LOL at HAVING to have ice cream on the lounge!!!

Megan- hope lucas was a bit better for you today- we all know what it can be like.

Raels- I put you in facebook as well. hope that is ok. just ignore me if you want!

Bec- you are just a wealth of knowledge. you seem to be a walking talking encyclopedia! But its great- casue I know nothing and my mums not around to ask, so you / your mum help heaps!!

Mel- hope you are getting some much needed rest.

Well- a quickie from me now that I spent all that time catching up!
    Kaetlyn is now rolling over, except she gets her arm stuck.
    She has been superclingy lately and its driving me bonker. I am still rocking her to sleep everynight- cause the screaming was getting me so depressed.
    Oh we went on a picnic today as aaron was off from work for 4 days, we went to a nice picnic area about an hour away in the middle of nowhere- wisemans ferry. It was really nice except for the stupid flies.
    I got some great picks of Kaetlyn which i had wanted to do but never got the chance.
    Have to book Kaetlyn in for her 4 mth needles next week. I am going to make it for when Aaron can come- seen as I had to go last time bymyself he can do the cuddles afterwards.

Well I am calling it a night, cause I am buggered and need some sleep.

YacinesMommy Guest

Thanks everyone for your kind words. Miss Y was feeling better this evening and has now been asleep since about 7pm she sleeps through the night and doenst wake up at 3am. I am really sad at the moment as I've decided to completely wean Miss Y. As you can tell by my sig DH and I are and as it took so long to conceive Miss Y we decided not to waste any time. I'm still waiting for AF or a .
    Mummy Mel - if you like you can send me a msg via msn or you can email me [email protected] I cant remember what my facebook user id is.

for me now

Tina

Good morning everyone!!

Sara - what a beautiful picture of Kaetlyn in your ticker!! I mus get a new one of Avaleigh. Its been really good this week with Avaleigh, she hasnt been doing her usual screaming in the evening cause she is really tired. Instead she has been up playing with daddy! Jason asked me the other day if I have raspberry creaming soda in my milk was she was screaming and laughing and carrying on! HAHA

Tina - Oh YAY for the TTC!! How exciting. I hope that it happens nice and quick for you this time. I cant wait to start TTC but that is still a while off now!

Well its been 10 hrs since Avaleigh's last feed!! She woke up at 2am this morning, but I just popped her dummy back in and she went to sleep. She then was stirring again at 5am but she went to sleep. Now its 6.30 and she is still asleep and I've gotten a load of washing in. I was dreaming that I was sleeping last night!! It was soo weird and I worked out that I was dreaming too but couldnt wake myself up.

ANyway, better get on the the house work while Avaleigh is still asleep.

Enchanted Guest

Hey V- Just a quick one... Good luck with you dress fitting today! Can't wait to see pics

Hope your healing & resting Mel!!!!

Thanks Tracey, still a bit sore, but I guess that's to be expected. Trying to lap it up on the couch with my foot up, but I can see DH is starting to get bery fustrated, so who knows how much longer it will last. I look forward to my follow up appointment next week to see how the procedure went. All I know is they removed 3 bits of bone and alot of scar tissue. I'm not even allowed to open the bandaging until my appointment, so I don't even know how many holes I have.

Good luck with the fitting today Veronica, can't wait to see pics.

Sara, your picnic sounded divine apart form the flies.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Hi all,

lol nicki at running around in whatever you want. I just bought some boob tube dresses/tops so I am cool but half presentable if anyone comes knocking.

Raels, when oliver is 3 you will have to remind DH of what he said, 'cause i'm sure he will more than likely utter the words come back here oliver at some point

Tina, how scary is that. I'm glad you ended up unscathed for it. Ooo it sends shivers down my spine. I'm glad I've got dogs in the backyard now.

Megan, I hope lucas gets better for you. just remember that after a sleep you will have a new baby and you can start a fresh. Do you have any other family or friends you can call on if you need a fiver?

Veronica, I think that's called lucid dreaming. was it like you were looking down on yourself or were you just more 'aware' that you were sleeping. I hope you have a great honeymoon. Are you going to switch to formula so your mum can look after avaleigh or try doing a combination of feeding? ooo the fitting, how exciting!!

Well as for us Xavier is half asleep on the lounge room floor right now. I feel a bit weird because I think almost all of you have had a bub rolling over. Xavier doesn't appear to want to but he will when he's ready. He can almost grab his toes. Lol it is funny though for about 2 weeks now he's been making these sounds that sound like mum. Mil heard it and is convinced and MCHN heard it yesterday at mums group and she thought it sounded like he was saying mum too. Maybe I'm going to end up with a chatterbox that doesn't move.

Anywho we have a wedding tomorrow in 37 degree heat, outside mind you. I'm not sure about others but i've completely got us ready with our sun protection. All 3 of us have a hat to wear, and nathans looks quite good too, and I've got a big golf umbrella also. Now fingers crossed Xavier doesn't scream during it.

I've added a couple of you to my facebook, anyone else got it, it's a great way to share photos because only people you let be your friend can see your page.

Good morning everyone,

I'm so full of energy today! Don't know why, I hardly slept....oh well, at least I might get some stuff done. Maybe even some exercise. They have just opened up a new gym in my area and they have those pole dancing classes, sounds like fun I reckon and looks like a really good workout. Wouldn't mind giving it a go.

Looks like we might be in for some wet weather - they are predicting drought breaking rain soon - we are on level five water restrictions. We're quite water concious in this house, expecially my son, he gets really upset if we use too much! Glad they are teaching them important issues like this in school now.

Veronica - good on Avaliegh for the roll, I think she did the hardest one first! How exciting, your wedding is so soon - have fun at your fitting today. Oh and I always have those dream/sleeping dreams!

Sara - oh you're picnic sounded so nice! I love doing stuff like that - expecially when it's away from everything.

Rebecca - I tell DF all the time he has no idea what he is in for! Well I guess he sort of does because we met when Lexxen was about three. I think more than anything he just wants Oliver to be big enough to hold a fishing rod!!! Don't feel wierd about Xavier not rolling yet! All bubs are different. And you'll probably find that he'll just do it out of the blue - thats what Oliver did - I thought he was really lazy because up until a few days ago he wasn't even pushing up on his tummy and all of a sudden he was and then rolling. How cute at the 'mum' sound.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. I'm having a good friend come to stay - it will be good to have some female company! I grew up in a house full of girls (I have six sisters) and now I live in a house full of smelly boys!!! Pets included. So I'm looking forward to some girly time....

Oh and I really want to go furniture shopping too - but have to sweet talk DF into it.

Hello to my new facebook friends, it's great to put faces to you all and see your beatiful babies!

Hi all!
    How are we?
    Hot again today
    Boo hoo! Am going into town to stay with mum and do some shopping, a Adam won't be home tonight and I'm not staying here in this huge house on my own!!! ekk!!!

Mel - Glad to hear you are ok after your OP. Hope you are resting up!

Raels - Thanks for the fennel tea tip. The tabs seem to be working well at the minute, so I'll keep the tea in mind just in case

YM - How horrible! An intruder. I would have def kicked him in the balls. LOL. I hope that he's been caught.

Sara- I know how u feel! Lach is very clingy. He is now to the point where he will really only calm down with me. He used to be calm with anyone, be he is getting to the age, where he knows that mum will do ANYTHING for him. lol
    Cheeky little buggers!
    Lach too gets his arm caught under himself when rolling. and its hillarious, as now when I put him on the floor, he basically spins around 360 degrees. Silly little chicken.

Veronica - Good luck with the fitting, and also organising the honeymoon!! I would love to go somewhere exotic like that

Rebecca - Thanks for the link. Thought it was only us!
    Yes I am loving being able to race around starkers if I want ( can't with the lactating boobies tho!). I do always keep a set of clothing ready in case we get surprise visitors!!!
    lol
    Oh and I know Megan from primary school. She was friends with my sister, only a year under me. I know her brother well too, he used to work with me.

ANyway, Lach has now been pulling himself up to sit for a month. I am waiting for the day he can hold himself up without wobbling. He hates being reclinded back.
    He is sooo mega active aswell! The other mums in my mothers group couldn't beleive it! lol. But he is also MEGA loud! he has one of the loudest screams I have ever heard! Trust my child!
    He's back to sleeping really well. He usually sleeps from about 9pm till 7 am, has a feed, then goes back to bed till around 10.30. It's great! I am going to bed every time he does at the moment, getting as much sleep catch up as I can But it's good to know that I will be able to get more housework done between 730 and 1030 in the morning give me the day to look after/ play with LaCH.
    ITS SO HOT again already!
    I best be off and pack everything the boy and I will need for tonight and tomorrow.
    Hope u all have a great day

Hugs
    Nicky

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast