Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2007 #9

Hi everyone, haven't posted for a while just a quick post to say hi

I'm back!!
    Hi Jas, hope all is well!
    Hi megan!! Hope u can get ur arms free!!
    lol

Well, not much here. Feeding is starting to become difficult again. He just won't suck properly sometimes and it's really affecting my supply
    Must call the LC again tomorrow.

Are anyone elses bubbas starting to get mega clingy?
    Lach is def becoming a big time mummies boy. He will still go to pretty much anyone, but when he is really screaming, we are finding that I am the only one who can calm him. And its instantaneous.
    Hope he doesnt become completely dependant on me. I will continue to leave him with other people so that he can get used to them.

well, hope u all have a great sleep tonight
    I am hoping I do aswell
    Sweet dreams!
    Nicky

Nicky-ditto on the super clingy!
    Kaetlyn was screaming last night and MIL was devistated that only I could settle her, and again it was instantaneous. Sucks though, i was cooking dinner for all the family at the time, and DH is upset he cant do it- settle her not cook dinner

Morning All...

I am in such a bad mood this morning!! Last night I decided to talk to Jason about this stripper that he is having at his buck's night. The guys have organised to go away for three days for dirt bike riding and drinking. Its bad enough that he is going away for three days and now they are going to get him a stripper!! I trust my man 110% but the thought of him looking at another naked woman and this woman rubbing herself over him or whatever they do, is making me feel really uncomfortable! He thinks I am being silly and maybe I am but I just dont want him looking at another woman! He was saying that the stripper is the last 'hoorah' before getting married, so she can 'jiggle her bits'!! I couldnt believe it when he said that!! So I stormed out of the bedroom and watched TV for a bit. I went back in and he said sorry and I said that I really dont know what to say to him..... And this all happened after DTD last night!! Yeh what I great way to end the day. I really thought that he would see it from my point of view... I know that I dont want to look at another man so why should he look at another woman!! He doesnt even really want this stripper, he's letting them get it for the other guys. I just hope the guy organising it cant find one!! So yeh this morning I am still feeling pretty dark about it all.. maybe I am overreacting but I cant help the way I feel. I am hoping that Jason sees how strongly I feel about this and tells them to call it off........ *sigh*

Anyways, I am going to have a shower to try and wash away this feeling.. I cant wait to get to the gym, that always makes me feel better..

Hi all,

Lol Nicki, I thought the same thing when Fran added me, took me a minute to work out who she was. Did you know we have a friend in common, Megan, I used to work with her. I seem to be generally the only one to calm Xavier. It depends how far his gone. He has a point of no return with other people, even nathan but I think that's because he doesn't do it right lol

Megan how was lucas after his needles, was there a difference in reaction for him between his 2 month and 4 month needles??

Sara I try to let Nathan try to settle xavier but when he tries only one way and gives up and xave is becoming absolutely distraught I have to just take him. the crazy thing is that when he does get quite distraught my mum hands him back to me, but my IL's try to calm him and they make it worse because he just doesn't want them, and I just want to take him back off them and yet I feel like I can't because they are just trying to help and I don't want to look like the *****y daughter in law. I almost can't wait until he can say mum or do the reach out thing so he tells them he wants me.

Another thing is Nathan doesn't understand that just 'cause he can listen to that scream doesn't mean I can. It's really hard for a mum to hear that.

Veronica, try not to stress over the stripper. I don't want to get all psycho babble on you or anything, but he won't be comparing you to the stripper darl, besides I'm sure you look better than her. Most women wouldn't go an stare at naked men just before they get married, it's a guy thing and remember who he is coming home too. It is kinda important that he feels like he has his last horah, hes a man, they all have different things they feel they need to do before they commit and if having a good time with his mates, and whatever they choose to do is it for him then let him.

Veronica,
    You poor thing. I would feel exactly the same way. Men don't seem to understand this though. I guess it's the differences between us and them. Men are visual creatures!!!
    It's normal for you to be feeling insecure about this. But just rememer, he is marrying you for the beautiful yummy mummy that you are!
    At the end of the day, it is you who he is going to love and respect, not some chick getting paid to do whatever in front of a bunch of drunk guys.
    And I'm sure all the other wives/girlfriends of the guys going will be feeling the way you do.
    And from what I've heard off male friends, most of these girls really aren't that great anyway. Because if they were, they wouldn't have to take their clothes off to make a living!

Hi girls - only have time for super quick reply as busy busy busy day today - doctors app for me, mums group then Tom's 4month check up! Hope everyone is well xx

Veronica - try not to stress too much about Jason's stripper. My DH had one - no, two actually - at his bucks night because thats what the best man wanted, and he was so nervous because although he loves women as much as the next man - i think he was scared what they might do to him. I remember just before he was about to leave for the night, he was like ' i dont want to go'. When the girls turned up, they said ' where is the groom', so he pointed to the guy next to him. They then proceeded to dance around that guy! Two days later, the exact girls were in the newspaper saying they only strip to pay their way thru uni. DH said he found the whole night more funny than sexy, and was quite impressed that the girls actually had cellulite and saggy-ish boobs. Not sure if this helps at all but just thought i would let know

Megan - i am intrested to find out how Lucas is - we have Toms needles on Wednesday night. Poor bugger

Will BBL to catch up with all the other posts! Have a good day everyone

Aww thanks guys.. I feel a little better.. and yes, the other girlfriends are feeling the same as me. Especially one of them cause she has trust issue with her boyfriend.. I know that Jason loves me and I know that he will be coming home to me.. I guess I am insecure about the stripper looking better than me!! I can picture her with blonde hair, blue eyes, perfect huge boobs and a perfect skinny body with a great tan!! HAHA And here I am - flabby with saggy boobs and heaps of stretch marks!! I dont mind there being a stripper there, I was dont want them to dance around him!! Oh well, whatever happens happens I guess, cant stop them cause its his bucks night and I dont want Jason to think that I am some pyscho girlfriend!! I will wish him a great weekend and thats that.. I am planning to get all the girlfriends to go out when they are away, so that will be fun - my first night out in over a year!

waiting for tom to wake up.. I have finally worked out how to post photos in the gallery if anyone wants to see what Tom looks like!

Hi Em - Tom is adorable!! Thanks for sharing!!

I will bbl when i dont have a squirmy baby on my lap!!
    Last edited by jemima; November 13th, 2007 at 10:24 AM.

Megan76 Guest

Hi everyone...just a quickie to let everyone who has them coming up know that Lucas was fine after his needles. Daddy came and held him while he had them which was good for mummy! He screamed but calmed down pretty quickly and went to sleep. I let him sleep for an hour in my arms before his last feed then he went to bed at 830 and woke up at 8am! Seems right as rain today, bit lumpy at the needle sites but that's it!

Cute pics Em...must work out how to do that myself!

Megan76 Guest

Just put Lucas in my gallery if anyone wants to check him out!!

Morning girls,

V- I know how you feel about the stripper- not sure that I would be very comfortable about it all either. DH didn't tell me what happened at his bucks night and I'd prefer not to know (although I am a teeny bit curious!). Even though it's 4 years later, his best man still alludes to the night- I don't know whether that's just to stir me up and nothing really happened, or what! Anyway, think of it just as one occasion- it would become a problem if he wanted to do it more often.

Megan - glad to hear that Lucas is ok. Amelie started screaming a few hours after her 2 month injections, gave her baby panadol and she calmed down eventually- she had lots of redness and swelling. She'll be having her 4 month injections next Thursday (she's exactly 4 months today - can't believe how quickly time is going!). A girl at mothers group said to tell the nurse about the reaction last time- apparently the nurse told her that she would do the injection a little deeper this time which helps stop the reaction??

Hi everyone

Em and Megan - you both have gorgeous babies!!!

I just uploaded some of Oliver if anyone wants to have a look.

Well, my little Ollie got his needles today......yuck. He screamed, I cried. He's not feeling the best I don't think, very grizzly. After he had his 2 month ones he had a temp for a couple of days. No temp so far this time. I hate needle time. At least at the six month one they only get 2.

My doctor was fine with me starting him on solids. She said he obviously needed it seeing as though he is sleeping through the night after having some food. She feels that it's ok to start bubs at 4 months as long as the food doesn't replace a breast/bottle feed.

Crying baby, gotta go.

Raels, Em & Megan - your boys are all absolutely gorgeous. Raels - if Oliver takes after his big brother, think you could have lots of girls hanging around in a few years time!

V - glad you're feeling a little better about Jason's bucks night. Letting them do their thing is a hard thing to do, and I'd certainly struggle with it enormously, but it's the right thing to do given that you trust him. I think that sometimes the imagination of these things is better for the blokes than the actual...and you can always cut off his bollocks if he does do the wrong thing

Ohhhhh everyones babies are just sooooooo cute. Makes me wish we were to have another one. But my sanity is worth more ATM I think, lol.

Just popping in to say a quick hello. It has been so crazy here for me lately. Trying to get alot done before my operation on thurs. Getting very nervous and anxiou's about it. The op isn't really worrying me, it's just how I'm going to cope with the kids afterwards that is. Oh well no point worrying hey??

Did any of you QLD mummies out there watch the Channel 7 news tongiht. Me and Charlize were on it during the swimming safety story. We were at swimming this morning and there were all these tv news cars around when we turned up. And aparently its qld swimming safety week or something like that. Anyway they did close ups of us in our swimming lesson a few times, and we were on there for about 5 seconds, she was so cute.

Veronia, my DH had 2 sets of leso acts at his bucks day. I hated everything about it, but it's like the other girls said, it's just a guy thing. They don't actually watch it for anything but a laugh, well the good boys anyway, which Jason definately sounds like he is. And like my DH told me, and I'm sure Jason is the same, he would much rather watch you, than them anyday. I hope your feeling better about the whole situation now. Hey just curious on how the weight loss is going. I'm sure your looking fantastic, is there any chance of a photo update??????? I would love some motivation. I can't wait until after this surgery, then I can really get stuck back into things. I weighed myself today, and I'm still 5kgs away to where I want to be. But its the sagginess and the flabbiness I want to get rid off. So definately back to the gym for me once my foot is better.

For all the idol fans out there, I'm sooooooooooooooo happy with the final 2, what about you guys? I really don't mind who wins.

Hope all the rest of you are well.

Mel - my weight loss is going great!! I am 1.5kg away from reaching the weight I was when I got pregnant with Avaleigh. I cant wait to get to that weight and its going to be before the wedding too so I am sooo stoked that I reached that goal!! Once I reach that goal, I have another 6kg to lose until I am at my ideal weight - I am going to focus on that in the new year. And YES I will put some more photos of my fitting up on Friday!! I am sooooooooo excited about seeing my dress on again. I have got shoes and my necklace and going to look for some earrings on thursday. Going to make sure I do my hair nice on Friday too so I get a great shot!! Soooooooooooooo excited!! hehehe

And I think I am over the whole stripper thing now. I still dont like it but I said to Jason to enjoy it but remember what he has at home!! And he said that I am his sexy stripper.. LOL I guess its a guys thing and I trust him to not do anything, I think he will just laugh anyways cause he doesnt really like strippers. And like you said Jan, if he does anything wrong I can cut off his bollocks! haha

Anyway better go, I am meant to be tending to Jason's dreads tonight - argh!

Whoops I was meant to ask something...

Raels - What makes you want to put Oliver on solids - is he showing interest in food?? I've given Avaleigh some mashed up banana and she LOVED it!! Every time she saw the spoon with banana on it she opened her mouth up wide, it was soo cute and she knew exactly what to do with it too.. So I am thinking of maybe starting her on solids in a months time maybe but am a little wary cause everyone says starting on solids too early causes food allergies!! I just dont get it...
    Last edited by Ngala; November 13th, 2007 at 09:06 PM.

Yey on the weight loss V, that is great news. I'm only 1kg away from pre pregnancy weight, but due to a trip to China just before I fell pregnant with Charlize, I was a few kg's over my normal weight, damm yummy chinese food. Can't wait to see your photos. How are you planning on having your hair?

And I know you asked Raels the Q, but with Jack, I knew he was ready for some rice cereal because he was really interested in watching us, and he was starting to wake more often during the night. My doc, said either top up the formula before bed or try some rice cereal after a BF at night. Which I did and he loves and now is back to 1 feed a night, which is great, sometimes it's none. I don't go on much about what the book says when it comes to food, as each bubba is different. And like one of my fav. moto's goes "each to their own". I'm sure Avaleigh would let you know if she wasn't ready, she would spit whatever you give her out straight away if she wasn't ready. But one thing I do agree with is, try to start her on plain rice cereal, as she will get a liking for sweet foods, and then refuse plain foods, IYKWIM. But agian "each to their own". Can't wait to see these pics!!!!!!

BTW, what do you have to do to dreds?
    Last edited by Meluchja; November 13th, 2007 at 09:51 PM.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast