Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July - December 2004 #3

kellee - never heard of toddlers with dark circles under his eyes but if it runs in the family hopefully it isnt anything to worry about - is charlie sleeping well at night? how is he going in his big bed? im tempted to move eliana into hers (i got a disney princess toddler bed that uses her cot mattress) as when we were away she slept on the floor & didnt wander too much & isnt liking her cot atm

Kellee - Lily also has a dark patch under her eyes, kinda looks like a panda at times. I think it is just because she is tired, it's not there all the time.

Kellee Guest

Thanks guys for saying that about your bubs’ eyes. I have to admit that I was worried. It doesn’t happen all the time, but when it does it almost looks like someone has punched him!

Mel – Charlie is being a trooper about his big bed. We had a few interrupted days where we weren’t at our house during his sleep time (we were at Mum’s and she has only got a cot) but as soon as we got back into it at home he’s been great. It was a bit of a process, but he’s slept in there for four days straight now. I’m very proud of him! When are you thinking of trying it with Eliana?

Not much going on here. Had another ‘home day’ today. I got a burst of inspiration this morning and DH was laughing at me. He reckoned I was running around and talking like someone who had Tourettes’s Syndrome – a bit manic and high energy. I wish I could do more ‘cleaning’ stuff – you know, like sweeping and mopping, but it aggravates my sciatica so I have to be content with simple tidying. At least the baby’s room is all sorted now (except for the cot which DH needs to unscrew, take out of Charlie’s room and reassemble in the baby’s room). I’m starting to think that I won’t use a bassinet after all. Little ones don’t move around much, and I intend to have the baby in his own room from the beginning this time (otherwise I don’t get any sleep) so I might just put him straight in the cot.

I have my pseudo baby shower tomorrow. It’s not really a baby shower because I don’t want to do the whole presents thing, but I needed an excuse to go out for a fancy afternoon tea! I’m really looking forward to it. It will be nice to spend some time with some ladies – I’m a bit outnumbered around here, and I’m about to be more outnumbered! We still haven’t got a name and I’m a bit worried. Although I did a Google search for William and Robert combined with our last names to see who has the same name… I came up with football players, senators and, surprisingly enough, jazz musicians for both! Isn’t that cool? And I looked up Charlie’s too – there was a Charlie who was a jazz musician as well, and one who served in the same battalion as my Poppa in Korea! Weird, huh? You guys should do it and see what comes up – I was laughing the whole time.

Anyway, time to eat some chocolate and see what’s on TV. I meant to get out “The Producers” tonight but I forgot. Might have to settle for the footy. Bah. Have a lovely night, everyone.

I just typed Lily's in and it came up with someone in the census and someone in the Ulverstone District Births, whatever that is!

Kellee, Charlie has the same name as my brother. I noticed when I looked at your www.

just a quick one re.the Phil & Teds: you need a cocoon for the baby... yes. another item to buy...... i wonder if it's not too hot for oz.... but i guess you can leave it unzipped...

mooshie Guest

Smile

hi girls

thought i would post as i have been playing around on here, and i must say i really do like this new style

anyway i will catch up in a few days, i am a bit buggered, had a family birthday for ds today he turned 6 years old had a great day, all up about 30 people (adults and kiddies) mostly dh's family but hey it was a great day. can't believe my boy is 6 gosh they grow up sooooooooooo quickly.

sorry for the colors, i was playing around this is so cool. anyway i am off to bed.

have a great night

TDBear Guest

Hi all,

This place looks great!
    I know its been a long time for me but I thought I might just say G'Day!

Wow! snowgirl, a littla girl! Hope it all went well?

My troops are all doing what kids do best, growing too fast!
    Levi is keeping us all amused with his funny little anticks, tonight my DH was cooking tea as I havent been well and Levi thought it was taking too long so he made his way onto the kitchen table , found some left-overs from his sisters afternoon tea and sat up quite happy with himself.
    My reaction says alot about my state of mind and Levi being #6.
    I grabbed the camera and took a photo then casually took him off the table.
    I have to say that my first four would never have climbed on the table, #5 well we cant keep her still for 2 seconds!

Hope you dont mind me saying hi when I get the time?
    It's really nice to see some familiar names.

BFN

TDBear

Hi everyone,

Kellee, I know one of the babies in Mothers Group had circles under her eyes and the doctor said it was related to hayfever/sinus stuff. HTH?

Well I had a 'Learning Ladder' party this morning. It went really well and I get $100 worth of free stuff for Aidan. If you haven't heard of it, they sell educational toys and books. Really great stuff. I have a lot of cleaning to do as some of the babies are completely let loose in other peoples homes (makes me so mad) but I expected it anyway.

I think I had a mild dose of hand, foot and mouth disease again (no, I am not a mad cow!) as I have blisters all over my tounge. I am not happy about it and praying that it doesn't get worse like last time when I couldn't eat, drink or talk for 3 days. Has anyone had it themselves (supposedly it is rare in adults???!!) and do you suggest any relief methods? I made sure I kept well away from all the kids, even my own, although I think I am getting over it now.

We missed the TTC#2 boat this month as I have been unwell and DH had a stomach bug so here's hoping for a more pro-active May!

Hope everyone is well.

just thought id pop in & say hi & hope everyone is having a good week

we went to australia zoo today (it's only 15mins down the road & have yearly passes) eliana loved it - she is so into animals at the moment & does impersonations of heaps of animals - she was fascinated by the elephants after feeding one, just about pulled a koala out of a tree (i have never moved so fast to rebalance the poor thing) thought standing on a kangaroos tail was fun (another fast movement by me to remove her) & she was finally gentle with a goat that was trying to eat the toy attached to her pram!

i am having heaps of problems getting eliana to go to bed at night since we were away - she just screams & cries & even if i go & lie down with her she throws herself around - even boobie won't calm her down - she is quite happy to be out here with me till i go to bed around 11pm & then she sleeps in till 10am! i dont know what else to try to get her back to her normal time (when we were away she was going to be at her normal time) so have no idea why she has turned into a night owl

Kellee Guest

Dach – your brother must be incredibly cool if he shares Charlie’s name! What a legend!

Snowgirl – I had a feeling I might need to buy a cocoon. V. annoyed. The lady in the shop said nothing about it. I’ll see when he gets here if I can make do without one.

Mooshie – Happy Birthday to Josh! Wow, they grow up so fast! I hope you had a lovely time.

Hi TDBear! I don’t think I’ve chatted to you before. We’d love to have you pop in when you can. I can’t believe you’ve done this SIX TIMES! What a trooper you are! Gives me hope!

Jessica – thanks for the tip. I hadn’t thought of the hayfever thing. I get really bad allergies so maybe that’s it. I’ll ask the GP. I love those Learning Ladder parties, but it’s a shame that your guests didn’t watch their kids better. I have a friend who is a bit like that. I just don’t have them over because I can’t stand it! Sorry to hear that ttc didn’t work out this month – hope May is it for you!

Not much to say, I’m afraid. Charlie is being lots of fun atm – I’m enjoying the time with him before there’s four of us instead of three. He’s being a bit cheeky though – when he’s doing something he’s not supposed to (depending on what it is) we often use a version of the ‘naughty corner’. It’s spot in the hallway and he usually responds really well. For example, when we got our new TV cabinet he kept playing with the doors but after a few times ‘down the hallway’ he learned and he hasn’t done it since. But he keeps playing with his bedroom door and it’s the bane of my life! He’s been ‘down the hallway’ so many times and he’s not learning. Not sure what to do. I can’t find a doorstop the right size and it’s so annoying! Any ideas?

Anyway, House is on so I’m off. Hope you’re all well.

Kellee Guest

Sorry Mel, we must have posted at the same time! Glad you enjoyed your day out - I've been meaning to take Charlie there. Hope Eliana goes back to her 'normal' bedtime routine soon - sometimes it can take them a bit to adjust after a trip away. Good luck!

TDBear Guest

Hi all!

Jessica-IKWYM about parents who dont keep an eye on their kids in your home. Have to admit im not as fussed by it as much as i used to be. I just enjoy having visitors! But i try and make an effort when im out, so i dont hesitate to let the child know whats acceptable in our home and i say it in front of their mum!
    As for HF&M, try teething gel, its great for any mouth issues. I hope it clears soon.

Mel-Dont you just love to see kids interacting with animals? we have quite a menagerie (mainly due to animal loving me!)and one of our many pets is our Blue touge, 'Lizzy'. Our 3&1/2yo just loves giving her a cuddle every day(when she's not in hibernation that is!). Would just be fantastic to take the kids to Australia Zoo. Wow, you do live in a great place!

Isnt it anoying when you think their routine is just where you want it and then something throws them out! Have you tried bed-time stories in bed or something of that nature? It really is that age though where they are testing the limits but are also still little bubbies! Im sure youll work it out in good time.

Kellee-KWYM with the door thing! Two of our boys have been door boys at around the same age! GO the time out spot! In this case you may want to try destracting him with some toy that has a door or give him something else he can open and close. Maybe an engineer in the making!LOL. Wont be long till he's 10 & 1/2 and using his drum sticks on the furniture! (We fixed that problem with a drum kit in the shed! VG investment!)

OK time to go! All the best!

Hio girls I missed heaps witht the cahnges and still aren't really caught up
    ASo this is a general Hi to youall.
    I got my new fridge/freezer and Arron is pulling apart the house. We had to adapt the old pantry and lose some of our wardrobe to fit the fridge and move all the food into the linen cupboard and all the linen into boxes lOL Our whole wardrobe had tpo be emptied and all the stuff is piled around our room, it looks like an old lady hoarders house pmsl piles of clothes and boxes of books etc. we almost had to sleep in the lounge the other night cos everything was piled on the bed. The fridge is in and going, and he is at this moment working on the pantry, but he can't use the compressor cos it's too late, so will have to wait till tomorrow now. Thank goodness
    hugs to you all
    Mcihelle

HI girls
    just a flying visit trying to make sure that I am registered to rec notifications from the threads I want to chat in
    Hope you all have a good day
    Michelle

Hi girls, sorry I've been absent for so long, been pretty busy, and am still learning to manouevre around these new forums!

Michelle, woohoo for the new fridge/freezer, I am jealous! Hope your house is back in order for you now though.

TDBear, lovely to hear from you, your words of wisdom and experience are very welcome!

Kellee, Kaleb is obsessed with doors too, if he finds one that he can open (I have them all pinned back) he is in heaven. Glad that you are having lots of fun with Charlie ATM...not long to go now!

Jess, good luck with the TTC next month, hope you nail it quickly!

Hey Mel, must have been a good day for the zoo on Wed, as we went to Alma Park Zoo! I had an adults at kids prices voucher I wanted to use before the baby gets here. It was pretty good, Kaleb enjoyed it. Of all the exotic animals there, his favourite was the pigs...he was laughing hysterically, I don't think anything has ever made him laugh like that before. Some animals he wasn't really interested in, much to DH's disgust - he expects far too much of Kaleb sometimes - but there was a few school excursions going on and lots of kids running around which Kaleb was distracted by. Anyway, sorry to hear about Eliana's bedtime dramas, I hope for your sake it's just a phase. Kaleb is not the perfect sleeper he once was, some nights it takes him ages to go off (he doesn't cry, he just kicks the wall and whinges a bit) and I've found this happens more if we've had a lazy afternoon. If I keep him really active after his daytime nap he tends to go off better at night, but not always, so who knows?

Got a bit of a cold at the moment, so I'm feeling pretty lazy. Got so much to do before the baby gets here, but DH is on holidays next week, so I'm looking forward to having his help!

Kellee Guest

Jo - sorry you're not feeling well. That sucks. And it's hard been crook while you're pg too because you can't take anything for it. What a pain. Glad you had fun at the zoo too. I think it's high time my little boy went too.

Mitch - hope your house is back together now! I hate when everything gets pulled apart like that but provided it gets put back properly it's ok. How's the business going? Do you have any time to yourself? I bet you don't!

Had MIL and mum over today to help DH do some odd jobs around the place. It was manic! I quickly grabbed Charlie and went to do some grocery shopping - I didn't want to be here for that! It was just too many domineering women in one house at one time and I didn't need to contribute to that! At least lots of stuff is getting done. Of course, we chose this particular evening (after we'll be tired from cleaning and stuff) to have three friends over for dinner. We are IDIOTS. I'm cooking a seven hour lamb roast with garlic and oregano, and rhubarb pudding cake for dessert. Mmm. I hope it works out ok. Pity I can't get drunk with them tonight! Oh well, not long now... one girl from my Belly Buddies thread has already had her bub and two are in labour as I write. There are only about 5 of us 'regulars' left, so that's a bit scary. Makes it all a bit more real. I still haven't packed my bag yet! I'm still in denial a little bit - you would have thought I'd be used to the idea after 9 months. I wonder how Charlie will cope? He's become a bit cheeky of late (in a naughty way) so things could be interesting. We'll see.

Anyway, should go and clean up the mess all these people have made in my house! Hope you're all well.

Hi girls

Kellee pmsl at the 2 mums halping DH do jobs, I owuld have left too if I was you. I can't believe you are at the end of your pg that went so fast. Not long now and you can have a drink, although if you breastfeed well that will be a setback lol

I am working hard, getting better at it, making hardly no errors now which is good for the pocket cos mistakes cost money lol Had nothing to do weds morning and 6 orders by the end of the day so its good

Kids are well, I am off to dinner tonight with a friend and her dad, and arron will be here with the ids, he is in the ****s, been storming round the house cos he reckons its not clean enough, but he is yet to finoish all the cupboards and stuff. Why his main priority is having a spotless house is beyond me, esp when he is not a tidy person himself, I am trying to get him to understand how shallow that is, but he says if people come imagine what they will think. Point is I really don't give a **** if someone thinks I don't keep a clean enough house, because those people aren't people I want to be around IYKWIM!

Hello to everybody else hope all your bubs are well and sleeping
    michelle

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast