Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July - December 2004 #3

Dasch- it is gorgeous to see the 2 together, Jess and Jem are gorgeous together too, except when they pull each others hair and stuff LOL I was glad I had the two at the end close and that they were both girls cos they play house together now and it's soi cute, of course one helped the other to my lipstick the other day and that wasn't too funny.

Michelle- wishing your BFP is there this time, baby dust galore your way.

Mel- you and 4 kids sounded busy just like my house lol, lucky you can give them back LOL Glad to hear things are going to settle soon, did you buy yourself a different car?

Anyway must go visit my niece at my mum's

Hello to everybody else
    Have a super weekend
    michelle

Kellee Guest

Tegan – IKWYM about the tantrums. I hope that they stop soon – I bet every other toddler goes through it too, just that you don’t see it because we’re all too afraid to take our kids out! Hope you’re feeling better about it soon. All I can suggest is what we do with Charlie, which is to totally ignore the tantrums. The first few times were really hard, but now he knows that we don’t cave in and he usually only lasts a few minutes before going to play with something else. I hate being the tough one, but I figured that he needs to know that Mummy can’t be at his beck and call NOW before No. 2 comes, otherwise it will get really tough. He seems to be learning, so I hope you have the same luck with Lily. Good luck and let us know how you go. Big hugs to you. How’s the pg going? Are you feeling ok?

Mel – wow, you sounds busy! Hope you’ve had a chance to rest since you last posted!

Mooshie – hello! Have missed you, mate! I really hope that the BFP is just around the corner for you. Lani sounds soooooo cute with the handbag! That’s classic. Sounds like she’s a clever cookie too with her colours. Charlie is starting to get the hang of it, but he certainly can’t actually say the words.

Jessica – wow, you’re due for testing today. Hope the BFP comes soon!

Dach – I got all teary reading about your two little darlings together. It gives me hope that I may actually be able to make this thing work! And I think we can forgive you for not posting as much… you do have your hands full, after all! I hear you on the shopping – I do just the same thing. I put Charlie in the pram and make sure I have some fruit bread or something on hand for when he gets sick of putting things in the trolley for me. Shopping is fine with him now, but I’m worried about it when No. 2 comes. I hope that Charlie is as good with him as Yasin is with Imran. I’m really glad you’re enjoying it all.

Hello to Mitch, Jo and everyone else I missed too.

Been a bit boring lately. Just trying to spend as much time at home with my two favourite boys (the big one and the little one) as possible before the new favourite boy comes along. Been trying to get all my washing up to date, but it just never ends! DH has been home a bit more of late because he’s FINALLY finished the work at his second job. We even managed to go out to dinner on Saturday night! And we’re doing it again on Friday night! Who would have thunk it… I can’t wait for when he has a month off when No. 2 comes. Although his leave hasn’t been approved yet… he put in for it in January and because of one thing or another that has come up since then his manager hasn’t been able to finalise it yet. I’m getting a bit nervous now – he was going to have a month off from mid-June, which would be perfect timing but if he can’t get that off I don’t know what I’ll do. Could be very stressful around here if it doesn’t happen. Please all keep your fingers crossed for me!

Actually, I have a question to ask of you… Charlie’s ‘big boy bed’ is all set up in his room now. He seems to be pretty excited about it, and I want to get him into it as soon as possible. I was thinking that once we’ve got all his toys in storage boxes in his room (hopefully tomorrow) we could start putting him in there at night (when the toys won’t distract him) and then once he’s used to that we could start the daytime sleeps in the big bed too. Has anyone else got any ideas? I want to make the transition as smooth as possible, but I want it to be as quick as possible too, so that he’s got time to get used to it before the baby comes. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated!

Right, must go and fold washing and then go to bed. Hope you’re all doing well.

Hi kellee
    I know when I moved the babies from bassinette to cot I put them in there in the day and then moved them in there in the night. I would prob try day sleeps first and then night sleeps. unless you think you can't keep him in during the day.

Not much happening here, should have done some sewing today but we went to friends for dinner and too tired, if I am tired I will make mistakes and I can't afford it so I opted to sit in front of the heater and watch stupid tv.

see ya and hope there are BFP's all round.

hugs michelle

Hello girls,

I was looking for our thread for a while but seem to have overlooked that we have been crammed into a big one. (doh!)

So big HI to the July - October mummies that I haven't met yet on another thread :smt039

Well, I have 2 little ones, Wolf who is now 17 months and Zara who is 2 months. I have had 2 caesareans (both emergency) and had PPH after Zara's birth which went unnoticed and had my blood pressure dropping to 60/30 and made me really weak and I ended up staying in hospital for 10 whole days. Feeling much better now and have even returned to the gym as I need to lose 9kg to get to my pre-Wolf weight (or 5kg to get to my pre-Zara weight).

Tegan, sorry to hear about the tantrums. When I was p/g with Zara I also had the feeling that Wolf was a lot more difficult. Maybe they can sense that something is up... I wonder... when Wolf chucks a tantrum (luckily not that often but boy, when he does, there is nothing to calm him down) we end up just ignoring him and sometimes put him for a time out in his cot until he has calmed down. The other day we were out with his little ride-on car and he insisted on driving it into the busy high street in Chelsea. Of course I wouldn't let him and he chucked the hugest tanty. We were at a really nice cafe and EVERYONE was just staring. I tried so hard not to be embarrassed and just carried him under one arm like a sack of potatoes, dragged the car with my other arm and tried to ignore the stares. We must have been quite a sight...

Dasch: lol on sometimes feeling crazy for having 2 so close together. I thought at the beginning as well "OMG - this is going to be a nightmare" but like Yasin, Wolf is also really sweet with his sister and will give her the dummy (sometimes his from his mouth and not hers) when she cries and tries to pick her up and lug her around the house. So cute! He also has the jealous moments but like Yasin also directs any anger at me and not Zara. I really look fwd to when she is older and they can play together. He so loves playing with his cousins and it will be great for him to have a playmate.

So Mooshie is TTC? How exciting! I have missed out on quite a bit it seems! Fingers crossed for a BFP!

Wolf is having a serious word explosion at the moment. He picks up a couple of new words every day. It's really freaky! He can now say in English: toast, door, cow, nose, mouse, digger, man, bike, dog, juice, cold, boob (ha ha! it wasn't taught.. he picked it up from SIL who is mortified, lol) oh and a few others I don't remember right now. In German he has some of the same words and some different ones and even a few 2 syllable ones: Himmel (sky/heaven) and Bauer (farmer) which he just loves to say over and over. I can't believe how much he picks up every day.

I have decided I need a double pram/stroller for the 2 as Wolf is just not walking far and fast enough to get anywhere with him and Zara will soon be too heavy to be carried for long distances in the Baby Bjorn. So am trying to get a Phil & Ted's which proves a bit more complicated over here... arrrrg.. if I had known I would have gotten MIL and SIL to bring one over when they came 1 week ago.

Hmmmmmmm... what else to report?? TOnight I will go and see a play with SIL. One flew over the Cuckoo's Nest with Christian Slater. So excited!

Snowy

Wow at all these baby saying words! I'm starting to get worried that Lily isn't saying anything other than mum and dada. I thought she was saying hello but i don't think it is now, just babble. I try teaching her and showing pictures etc but she just won't say anything. Is something wrong? I'm really worried.

One thing i'm proud of though is that she learnt how to catch a ball the other day! It looks so cute.

Tegan, don't you worry about Lily talking. Yasin still babbles too but he understands what we say and he has a funny habit of saying a word a couple of times and then never again. Yesterday he said gentle after I told him to be gentle but I'm geussing that I won't hear it again for ages. When he's ready to talk more he will and so will Lily.

Snowy, its good to see you in here. Sorry you're suffering from tanties too but I geuss we all have to go through it.

Soooo funny!!! Yasin has his first crush!! He has a book of colours - every time you turn the page it has a differant colour and a couple of pictures. The pink page has a little girl in a long pink dress - every time we read the book he goes straight to the pink page and kisses the little girl. The funniest thing is that the orange page has a little girl in a towel and the black page has a little boy and he doesn't care for them PMSL!!!!

HI everyone

Snowy so glad to hear from you and to hear that all is going well. Can I ask what PPH is? Hope you get the pram you want. I have a limo style pram and couldn't go anywhere with the 2 litlle ones without it. Unfortunately Jessica can climb out of it which slows me down somewhat.

Tegan- I agree with the talking thing. Jess is saying many things now but she is almost 20 months, my gf 's dd is 3 mths younger and says almost nothing, but she understands everything. If Lily can follow your instructions, like "Go get your shoes!" for example then I wouldn't worry either. Some kids talk early and some late. Josh was a late talker. Jemma couldn't shut up and neither could Jordan. Jessica isn't as vocal as the other 2 girls but not as quiet as Josh.

Hi to everyone els, I have my fingers crossed for some BFP's very soon.

we went out for tea tonight to meet Arron's cousin, who was singing at a pub near here for a 50th bday and we ended up at the 50th party, we were sitting up the back but when the singing started the kids couldn't control themselves and they hit the dance floor, there weren't that many people there but they were Harley riders lol, the bday man said to join in and they all loved the kids up and dancing away. Of course Arron couldn't bring himself to leave when we should of and so Josh had a headache and Jess was falling asleep inmy arms, men never can stop when they should so I am ****ty with him.

Anyway best be going
    have a good Anzac day tomorrow
    michelle

Well that's another thing i'm worried about. Lily doesn't follow instructions like, go get this, go get that. Like i would say 'get the ball Lily' and point but she will just look at me like im stupid and wont even look at what im pointing to.

Tegan have you spoken to your MCHN about it, because they usually do assessments which are supposed to pick up any developmental delays etc. WHat does Lily do? What sorts of things I mean? Other than the talking is there other things you are concerned about? Maybe you should talk to the MCHN about her hearing and get that tested and rule out that first.

cheers michelle

Well i know she doesnt have a hearing problem because every time we call her name or say no or something she'll look straight at me. I've been to an mchn about this before and she just told me to stop worrying.

To me, its like she is stubborn about talking and following instructions but i don't see how that is possible. Its like talking to a brick wall sometimes lol.

Tegan- that is good about the hearing. It is quite possible that she is being stubborn LOL, which doesn't help you stress less but is not a super bad scenario. Some kids just do what they want when they want and not a minute before. It is hard not to worry, I worry about Jess being so small and she is the 4th, it's perfectly natural. If you are not happy with the MCHN's assessent then maybe talk to your gp and get a referral oif you are really worried, otherwise I guess it is just a waiting game. Kep encouraging her to talk and just see what happens. If she wants something and grunts for it then tell her the word and don't give it to her with just a grunt instead of a word. It is hard too bc pg makes you hormonal too which can make things seem so much worse than they are. I founf with Josh too he would talk his people, (little people) and have 2 talking to each other and be waffling away. Maybe play with her with dolls and people and talk to them, see what she does. She may talk to a doll and act like a mummy.

try to not get too worried
    best wishes michelle

Tegan, I don't think that its impossible that Lily is stubborn about following instructions. Sometimes you would think Yasin was deaf too but if I ask him if he wants to come and get a cheese stick he suddenly has perfect hearing ROFL.
    The sooner they talk the sooner they talk back so I'm just enjoying these last few months of the babbling. It sounds so cute - I recorded a bit the other day.

I'm definatly getting the grunts when she wants something lol but if i try to get her to say the word or even just 'ta' she'll throw a huge tantrum. And yes pregnancy seems to make it a whole lot worse than it is lol. Its just so very frustating.

Tegan- if you ignore the tantrums they do stop, Jess often chucks one, if I give her a drink and it's not what she wants, I just put it on the bench and say "it's there". And walk away and after about 30 secs to a min she stops crying and drinks the drink LOL. It isn't easy sometimes but if you persevere it will work, or at least the tantrums will get shorter.

hugs Mcihelle

Hi everyone!

Snowy, great to hear from you and that you are all well!

Tegan, just keep talking to Lily, I think that is how Aidan understands most things. It is just me and him at home most times, so I find myself talking to him a lot!

Not much to report here, Aidan is H & H and I am getting sleep again. DH and I had a 'chat' about TTC#2 and we are pretty ready so we are thinking of giving it a go this month, one month off, then into it again in June/July. Very excited. One of my very good friends is pg so FINALLY I will have someone to chat with about all the stuff that we talk about here!

Yay Jess, hope you get it first shot LOL! GOod luck!

Nothing to report from me, just a normal day, I am sick of 4 day weeks though cos the kids are overtired and out of routine.

MIL arrived home from Mackay and spent ages here this morning, she brought the kids books and Jordan got a bag as a present and she brought me a bra, 2 pairs of g strings and a singlet top, and Arron a shirt and some deoderant spray. I was glad she didn't bring toys. And nice to buy me somethng too. I am trying to organise her to have the kids sunday so I can drag Arron to Ikea. Arron is tired and falling asleep on the couch cos him and his mate hired a dingo and dug out some of each of our backyards, so he left here bf 7. Unfortunately for me that means I have to get the kids to bed myself and then get back to sewing. Have 3 jobs to do and running out of time.

Have a good night and day tomorrow
    michelle

Michelle, bummer on having to single parent last night. I hope you got your sewing done.

Jess, Yay for Aidan feeling better and letting you get some sleep. Good luck TTC.

I'm so sad today - my little cat had to go . He's gone all wierd and schizo lately and he started using our bed instead of his litter tray :feelsick: . I've tried everything I can think of except the anti-depressants and we can't afford those. I can't live with an animal that craps in my bed so we've given him to the RSPCA in the hopes that he will be adopted by a child-free family. He's a very beautiful Siamese so hopefully someone will want him.
    We'll have to get Yasin a new cat now - I hope it works out better.

Dach, so sorry to hear about your poor cat, but it sounds like you did the right thing, you have your hands full enough as it is. LOL at Yasin's crush, that is so gorgeous!

Mitch, sounds like MIL did well with the gifts! LOL at Jess's tantrums, sounds EXACTLY like Kaleb...he chucks one when I offer him his drink, I put it down and walk away and a minute later he starts drinking it and all is forgotten.

Jess, good to hear from you, how exciting to be back on the TTC wagon, I'll have my fingers crossed for you!

Tegan, it is so hard not to worry about these things, isn't it? Kaleb can only say a few words, but understands most things, so I'm not too stressed yet, I'm sure they get to a point where they're learning a new word every day and we'll wonder what we ever worried about! But big hugs, the pg with toddler thing is tough!!

Snowy, so great to hear from you! Glad that you are doing so well. It is lovely to hear about Wolf with Zara, I am hoping Kaleb will be the same with his little sis!

Not a lot happening here, Kaleb is still very active and only seems to be happy if I'm active too ie. if I'm doing the vacuuming or something he'll happily occupy himself, but if I sit down and read a mag he gets really upset and starts harrassing me - little slave driver! Have been housebound all day, so I think we'll be off to the park this arvo...

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast