Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July - December 2004

Kellee- bugger about the mower and the lawns LOL. At least when you rent from someone else they really can't MAKE you mow if you don't want to LOL Of course there are other benefits of renting from Parents i can imagine !!!! What is it about some people and mowing, Arron is totally anal about it too, would mow 3 times a week if he could. It does make the place look neater but... not necessary once a week in my book.

Thankyou for not telling me to shut up too! Sometimes I get carried away with things LOL. I was so ****ed off with Arrons auntie and cousin when I had Jess, the cousin had 2 kids close (2 yrs exact) and then one in the May bf I had Jess (but her other 2 were in school then) and she questioned MIL about whether I could handle Jem being only 19mths and a NB. I worked ft witha child in kinder and a 13 week old baby, why couldn't I cope with a 19 mth gap, what was the major difference bt that and having one in school and a 2 yr old and a shift working DH, which meant I would work Ft, come home to kids on my own and Dh would be home at midnight. And what was the diff bt having a 3 and a half yr old and a nb, 3 yr olds are still full on and Josh was a boy (not very indelpendent LOL). I admit that it wasn't easy when Jess came along, Josh was in kinder and Jem was 19 mths, but I am still alive LOL Maybe a little less sane though (just kidding) Life always has to have something going on or we would be bored.

Anyway Kellee, hope the mowing gets done to your Dad's satisfaction and that the car doesn't smell too badly of petrol. And that you have a relaxing day too.

Cheers michelle

Melinda Guest

Kellee - LOL I don't have much of a choice WRT to letting Jacob use a spoon/fook for feeding himself (or attempting to). If he doesn't have his own spoon/fork when we need to feed him something then he just won't eat usually and cracks it big time!!!

We try to give him finger foods where possible or just let him go hell for leather but some things still need a spoon! You can imagine him up to his armpits in casserole when he does it by himself! He tips the bowl upside down and empties it all onto the tray and then picks it all up that way and eats it LOL. *sigh* The downside with letting him have his own fork/spoon is that it means he flicks food absolutely everywhere (on himself, on the floor and on DH or myself!). Oh well, he'll get the hang of it eventually.... perhaps one day he'll be a bit more interested in putting the food in his mouth rather than putting it in the food, scooping some out of the bowl and then tipping the spoon and it's contents onto the tray LOL. Too funny!!!

PMSL Melinda, Jacob sounds like Jessica's twin (actually she was going to be Jacob if a boy) She eats nothing that we feed her and until recently when she had had enough of eating what we gave her she would piff it on the floor incl bowls of milk and cereal, sultanas, fruit, toast (always landing peanut butter down of course). SHe is getting better and I think she is eating more lately bc she is getting better at feeding herself IYKWIM.

I am going to take her to be weighed tomorrow, would be interesting to see how big she is. i am thinking she has grown taller, but weight wise not sure. She hopefully will make 9.5kgs. She is 17 mths on Thursday and still wearing sz 0 clothes.

Cheers michelle

Melinda Guest

PMSL Michelle! Don't you hate how the toast always lands buttered side down. Every time. LOL

Last time we weighed/measured Jacob, he was 11.5kg and 84 cm tall and that was at 15 months LOL!!! I hope Jemma has some weight gain for you....is she tall and skinny or just small all over? Are your other children the same kind of build too?

Jacob's really not an enthusiastic eater....never has been so it's always tricky to get him to eat much. He needs size 1 clothes length-wise, but they're too big around the waist and fall down LOL.

I'm so gald to see how many eeny weeny bubbas we have. Some times I get a bit of a complex about what a midgetty little person Yasin is - but he makes up for it in personality LOL. He's still in size 0 and he even has a couple of 00's that still fit him :shock: . I've been getting a bit uptight about the amount he eats lately but I'm trying to relax about it (and the throwing food overboard)
    The poor little guy has had a bit of an ear infection but we've got him on ABs now so hopefully that will clear it up.

Mel, I hope the move goes smoothly for you - how lovely to have a pool. Yasin was very helpful when we moved and helped me pack my phone so well that its never been found #-o

Michelle, thanks for the reassurance. I geuss that we always cope somehow don't we. Otherwise we would have died out long ago.

Yes Michelle, thank you for your info, it is lovely to hear the perspective of a person actually in the situation rather than random people tutting at me or trying to scare me about the fact that I'll have 2 under 2. I figure that millions of women have done it or are doing it, and they cope, so I can't see why I won't.

I think it's time for Kaleb to go from 2 naps to 1. He still sleeps well in the morning but will barely sleep in the arvo, but is ratty by bedtime, so I will try and set the morning nap back bit by bit and drop the arvo one. It will be an exciting change to our routine. All baby activities/playgroups seem to be at 9/9:30am, which is his morning nap time, so we will be able to venture out into the big wide world and see what it has to offer!

Hi everyone! Glad you are all well, so many posts to catch up on!

No news here really. Grace had her 12 mth needles nearly 2 weeks ago now and the other day got a high temp and a red measles like rash which is apparently a reaction to her immunization. She is fine though and the rash has gone away, but she has been very grizzly!

Grace is still in size O stuff too, and some size 1 dresses - size 1 pants are too long for her. I haven't had her weighed since she turned 1 and she was 9.6 kg then.

Anyway gotta go baby girl has woken up cranky!

Bon

mooshie Guest

okey dokey

here i am, i'm back so watch out for the chatterbox and the long posts lol. i will be posting mainly in here now (and i might nick into the vic thread to and say hi) since we are no longer ttc af arrived for me again today and after 7mths (i know that is not a long time) i have had enough of it all - the temping, the checking, the opk's yadda yadda yadda - i also said if i was not prg and given birth b4 turning 38 then that will be it - i will be 38 in october so there you go - time to get on with it all and enjoy my kiddies and not obsess all things prg and babies like i have been over the past few months.

okay that is out of the way - here we go i will try some personals

jessica - swimming teacher how cool - where do you teach?? my ds goes to paul sadler they are brilliant. how cute on all the cuddles and little head bangs you are getting

bon - hope you ttc journey is more successful than mine - hope grace's reaction to her needles goes quick sticks - how yucky to have a rash in the heat blahh not good

kellee - gosh so not long to go for you now how time flies, oh and congrats on a brother for charlie (sorry i know you mentioned it a while back - did you oh i hope you did arhh i am so not sure if it was you or not that said you were having another boy) hope you had a nice relaxing w/end with your boys

melbee - take care hun, how lucky the sunshine coast - i love it, i try and get up their at least once a year. my parents did live at mooloolaba for 13yrs then they came back down to melb to live. my brother, sil and neice are in buderim, so nice to go up and visit, i would live up there if the humidity wasn't so bad. glad to hear eliana is doing well.

melinda - how is your ttc journey going??? and how is jacob and his messy eating lol. i must admit lani is quite good with not throwing food around anymore (quite often she sneaks it under her bottom tho) so when i get her out of the highchair food falls off her butt lol.

pietta - how are you?? haven't seen you in here for a while, hope ryley is going well

dachlostar - good to see you in here. yasin sounds like a cheeky little monkey - oh and i must admit i did have a chuckle at the shoe saga (ummm i hate to admit it but lani has around 12 pairs of shoes and they are all pre-walkers lol) i don't put them on her all the time, i prefer her to walk around with bare feet - but outside i always put them on her here, our grass has bees and we have a fair amount of concrete and stones so a bit rough on her feet, but when we go out i like to match her outfit with her shoes (and her hair ties) lmao. you see jessica hated being dressed all girly i started when she was around 2yrs old so i thought bugger it, whilst i have control lani will be dressed all pretty until she says enough pmsl.

tegan - i will catch up in here with you more i guess. hope your ttc journey ends with a bfp very soon. lily sounds like she is going great guns

michelle - how are you matey, i have missed our chats but like i said i am back bigger than ever lol, kids go back tommorrow yay for you. jay starts on wednesday, i am feeling okay about it, some minutes of the day i think gosh can't wait till he starts school but other times i think oh no he is my little boy can't be going to school yet. but he has developed attitude big time, omg he just argues - eg he is outside patting our cat (after being told by allergy dr that he is highly allergic to cats) i said jay don't touch the cat - go and wash your hands with soap and water, he says mum i know more than you i can do what i want - yup 3hrs later, runny eyes itchy nose, grizzly boy mummmy i need clarantyne - arhhhh the bloody cat, see he knows more than his mum hmmmmm i guess it is just the start of things to come lol. is jemma going to kindy to wow jessica is going to miss them all

jo - i don't think i have said hi to you before so hi - kaleb sounds just like lani did when she was going from 2 to 1 sleeps - takes a few weeks, and i found some days she would need 2 sleeps others just 1, she is now 16mths old and sleeps from around 12-30ish to around 3pm - so a nice little breather for me lol.

okay this post is long enough and i truly hope i haven't missed anyone, if i have i sincerely apologise it is getting late and af is giving me a rough time.

quicky update on lani - well nothing really new, she is attempting to climb WHAT SHE IS NOT ALLOWED pmsl none of the other 2 did, lucky i have jay going through a "dobbing" stage so he always tells her off for climbing on the table etc then comes and tells me lol. she is okay has a runny nose like a tap and it looks like the top two eye teeth will be threw this week, so that means just the bottom eye teeth and the last 4 molars and the teeth are done YAY - she was crying after i put her down tonight, so i went in and said what is wrong are you sore and she put her finger on her tooth and said sooooooooorrrrr so gave her bonjela, teething relief and pandol that should last her till morning HOPEFULLY.

oh and one other thing she has the cutest saying ever - there it/he/she is eg i ask her "where's your brother" and she says "te he is" oh gosh it sounds so cute and she is also shaking the head as well as saying no she sort of says a cross between nup and no and can nod and say es for yes so thats good yes and no are good and not confused omg i remember jay used to nod for no and shake head for yes made it very confusing pmsl.

okay thats it from me, i will catch up tommorrow.

night all

just popping in quickly to say we survived the move & eliana is thriving - she is loving the space plus having a little girl to play with (she is 10days older) & her favourite thing is going out to feed the chickens - im managing well on my own though have had family visit every day - just a bit lonely at night but i'll get there - having major internet withdrawals but all in all it's good
    mooshie - your family is only about 5 mins away from me!

Kellee Guest

Mitch – MILs never cease to amaze me. I’m lucky with mine (most of the time) but some other ones I hear about sound like Marie from Everybody Loves Raymond! Poor you. Tell her where to stick it. What an idiot. J

Melinda – well, you inspired me, so I got Charlie a little plastic fork and he’s been going great with it! Thanks for telling me about it. He’s only tipped stuff on the floor once (so far), so hopefully it continues like that.

Dach – sorry about poor little Yasin and his ear infection. I hope it clears up soon. Charlie is small too… maybe there’s something in the water this time of year? J

Hooray for one nap, Jo! That’s very exciting. Really frees up your day – although that will change in a couple of months, huh?! I bet Kaleb will love getting out and about in the morning… hopefully it will wear him out for the afternoon sleep and he’ll sleep for ages so you get one too!

Hey mooshie. Sorry to hear about af. I know that it must be hard for you to make that decision. Lani sounds like she’s doing so well. All that talking must be gorgeous! IKWYM about the climbing thing… I don’t mind if Charlie climbs as long as he doesn’t STAND on the couch. I have had to put him in the hallway (like SuperNanny) a few times because of it and he has done it less, so hopefully it works! He doesn’t bite now because we did the hallway thing, so hopefully we have the same success.

Hooray for the move, Mel! I’m so glad that it went ok. I know that nights must be hard, but hurry up and get internet so we can all keep you company! It must be so lovely for Eliana to have someone to play with. Keep us up to date, huh?

My little man has been very good today. It usually takes about 50 minutes to check this forum and the Belly Buddies forum (as I only get to do it once or twice a week) and he has been happily playing down here the whole time. I suppose it helps that I actually tidied up a bit down here so it’s not so much of an obstacle course so he has more room to run around like a silly chook. Just trying to take it easy this week and stay near home – been feeling really tired lately and too many social outing wear me out. Trying to get some housework done – it feels like it never ends! Charlie tries to help me by sweeping, but usually he just messes up all the dust I have swept, so I’ve given up. DH can do it when he gets home!

Anyway, that’s about it. Hope you’re all well and hi to anyone I missed.

mooshie Guest

hi girls

mel - glad to hear you and eliana are coping, bummer about the lack of internet tho. i tell you if you live 5mins away from my family then you are in a very beautiful part of the country - i would be up there in a heartbeat if it wasn't for my dh's great job down here, my circle of friends and also the lack of the humidity - its nice i can go up once a year to visit tho.

kellee - busy cleaning hey - nesting bug lol, hope you are going well. yes it is very hard on the no longer ttc decision but you really have to look at the big picture i guess and we just can't keep on saying okay lets try again 1 more month etc etc - i am busy focussing on my kids now and not ttc - much better.

well big day here today - my baby my darling ds started school today - omg i said to dh i think i am getting the flu but realised later that it was just all nerves, butterflies, achey legs etc. ds was fine had a ball, can't remember anything in class but can remember all about recess and playing cricket with an 8yr old that lives down the road, he plays with lol. he didn't know that he had to go back to class when the bell rang, luckily the boy he was playing with told him and he managed to find his class and get there just as all the kids were going in - his teacher looks sooooooo young, she is new to the school and i am guessing she is new at teaching, she seems nice and jay likes them young lol. he is looking forward to doing it all again tommorrow lol.

lani definately cutting those eye teeth, i reckon by weekend they will be here and she is starting to protest at going to bed i have to run after her and pick her up and she just kicks yelling no no no - lol, i put her to bed and she stands up and protests but i just say goodnight, love you, she carrys on a bit but she settles after a couple of minutes, just testing the waters that one lol - i tell you she will be confined to a cot until she is at least 3 lol, this lani has got spunk she is such a cheeky devil. all day today she was walking around the house looking for her brother, she kept going into his room calling ja ja ja - too cute, as soon as he got home they were wrestling on the floor and fighting

well i am going to read a few other threads - wont go into the ttc thread, truthfully it does hurt a bit to go there, so i won't. then i need to get to bed and set the alarm so i can get up at 7am to get ready to get organised for school

take care

Melinda- Jess is in proportion for her height and weight (small) unfortunately it appears she may have my short genes. My others were way bigger at her age, they were all in sz 1's at age 1 and Jess is 17mths tomorrow and still in mainly sz 0. Sad for her but then again I have nothing against being short.

Michelle- I am so glad to see you here and in the vic thread, wishe it wasn't cos you are not ttc though. i can see what you mean though, it is draining to be waiting and stressing ea month, you never know it may accidnetly happen. I too have AF atm and am not liking that much. Sounds like Jay had a ball, hope his teacher is nice. I had preps my 2nd year out and I loved them. They are so full of wonder and eager to please, it's lovely. Did you get lots of pics? Jemma is at 3yo kinder but only Thursdays 9 to 12. SHe doesn't want me to leave her there though, but it will be great for her to make friends.

Mel- glad the move is done and you are both ok. Bummer about the internet, I reckon that's a priority, we can too keep you sane at night. I am home atm alone, so I get unlimited time on here!LOL

Kellee- don't you love cleaning helpers? Jessica and Jemma both like to help, Jemma is great at unpacking the dishwasher and of course Jess wants to help. I must admit she does a good job.

Jessica's molars are pushing again, we have had a few really awful nappies and she is very sooky. AND she has become a parrot, she repeats absolutely everything anybody says, including calling me MICHELLE! But my favourite is goodnight and Ilove you when I tuck her in! I best start writing what she is saying cos all of a sudden she has had a language explosion.

Dasch- no point feeling bad about the eating really, I went through a pretty stressful time, esp when teething was happening and I felt awful but my mCHN has never questioned me and Yasin is physically fit and healthy (driving you batty LOL) so you know he's ok. Hope the Ear infection clears up son.

Jess- Usually what seems to happen is they have a big sleep rather than 2 smaller ones so fingers crossed that happens for you. It does make it easier for you to be able to get out and about. Jessica goes down bt 11 and 1 and sleep times vary. SOmetimes she would sleep 3 hrs, but school hols the kids would manage to wake her after 1 hr, drove me crazy. Esp since if they had left her and not got her up, she may have gone back to sleep.

Anyway Arron has just got home from fishing and I am ready to knock off here and go to bed.

Have a lovely day tomorrow everyone.

Cheer smichelle

Hi everyone,

I am loving all these big posts, it really helps getting to know everyone better!

Aidan started at a new child care centre yesterday as with my job I am provided with very cheap care for the hours I am working so it was an offer I couldn't refuse. He seemed to go pretty well. He is there again today for a few hours while I am working across the road, very convenient, although yesterday I could hear him crying as I was walking to work, it was horrible!

Michelle, I am working at Kings, and loving it so far. I cant wait to enrol Aidan but I have decided to wait until he is 2 and he will continue to do Mini Maestro's this year, provided that goes well. Sorry to hear about AF, I can imagine it has been one big rollercoaster for you.

I have been thinking about 2 sleeps to 1 too but I just feel that Aidan still needs both at this stage. Jo, exactly like Kaleb, Aidan really needs his morning sleep (which is kinda funny considering he wakes up from an approx 12 hr sleep around 7:30am, but is ready for sleep again by 10am) but he tends to take longer to go down for his PM sleep (normally around 3:30pm). But I have decided to keep the 2 sleeps until he is atleast 18mths which isn't far away anyway. Having said that there are some days (esp. child care days!) that he doesnt have his PM sleep which I have decided is just fine by me as it means he goes down for his long night sleep much earlier = peaceful evening for me!!

Aidan finally has another tooth, his front one so he has a goofy smile at the moment with 3 front teeth. He seems to be quite slow with his teeth but I am sure it is fine...

Glad everyone is well...

Hi everyone

Arrrgh I think Grace must have woken up every 5 mins last night, I don't know why, she is not unwell. She is napping now though, of course she is feeling tired now! We had swimming lessons this morning, she just loves it and is learning too - she can kick her legs by herself now and she kicks underwater. Harry likes going too although he is more timid, but he improves every week.

Jess - That is great about having child care just across the street. I know it must be hard to hear him cry though! Grace only has 1 sleep now, but she did that herself - she just stopped going to sleep for her morning nap, so I stopped putting her down and now she has one nap of about 2 hrs.

Michelle - That's great that Jay enjoyed his first day at school, I hope it continues! I have family in Buderim too!

Michelle - I am thinking of putting Harry in 3 y.o kinder because I think it would be really good for him to make friends etc, but he doesn't want me to leave him there. I had him in day care for 6 weeks before I had Grace but he would just cry and cry when I left, it got to the point where I only had to mention day care and he would start crying, so I took him out. He is older now though so it might not be that bad.

Kellee - Grace likes to pick up the broom or mop and 'clean', and she loves to help me unpack the dishwasher - she stands there and hands things to me! I have to make sure it is shut all the time though otherwise she pulls it open.

Mel - glad you have settled in. I have family on the sunshine coast too, as I grew up there in the Noosa Hinterland. My grandpa, aunt, uncle and cousins live in Buderim it is a lovely place. We were just up at Mooloolaba on the weekend for a family bbq and we took the kids to underwater world.

Hope you are all having a great day

Bon

OK Jess, I am going to be very vague, what is Kings? Sorry! The childcare sounds super. I think you'll find that most kids change their sleep by themselves. Jess used to be back down by 10 and then sleep till about 12.30 and then go down again just bf 4 and then by in bed by 8-8.30pm. But she just started screaming continuously if I put her down at 10 and so it stretched to 11-12o'clock and no arvo sleep cos she just didn't get whingy at the usual time, and if I out her down any later than 4 she wouldn't be tired at bedtime.

Bon- I hope you get more sleep tonight, that is awful when that happens. Maybe Grace will be the next Liesel Jones (world record yesterday). I'd say give Harry a try at 3yo kinder, Jemma went without a prob in the world, and so did all the other kids. She is one of the youngest there, considering she isn't 3 for 3 weeks, but she has fitted right in, and I was so amazed that she didn't cry. It will be nice to have 3 hrs to spend with Jess alone, or to catch up on cleaning lOL that's more like it.

ANyway must dash, Jess is sleeping and I am cleaning out Jordan's room, looks like it doesn't it!!!! Considering I am STILL here!

Cheers michelle

Michelle (x2!), 'Kings' have about 6 centres across Melbourne. They started off with swim centres but have now grown to a few child care centres as well as physio/chiro etc. They seem to have a good name for their structured teaching and "state of the art facilities". Haha I sound like the brochure!

Aidan is at his Nana and Grandad's tonight, it is much easier as they live about 50mins away and it saves them driving up in the morning. I miss him but I also enjoy the rest. Having said that I can never seem to relax 100% until I am with him again!

Bon, I hope you and Grace get a better sleep tonight! :sleeping:

Hi girls bon it is sooo going around atm the whole sick thing in Brissy so maybe its made its way to Deception Bay too!! Matilda's got it, Aidyn (Ambah's son) has it too... I hope you get a better night sleep!! It took us 2 hours to get Matilda to sleep tonight!

BTW... Matilda went to one sleep around 14 months while we were at Riverton a sleep school and it really sorted out her night waking as she was still getting up a few times every night.... HTH!

HI girls

Nice to see you visiting us Christy! Sorry to hear Matilda has been unwell, what else are you up to atm?

Jess-thanks for that info, I guess as I don't live in Melb I hadn't heard of them, they obviously aren't clos to anywhere i go to. Sounds good though!

Jessica is def teething, humungus bottom gums atm, no eye teeth, molars first, and runny nose and very whingy, would be nice if bubs were born with teeth LOL (well unless you are a breastfeeder maybe.

Hope you are all having a good day, I am fighting my crappy computer, haven't heard about the new one yet, so trying to pay bills and check emails on the banger again, not fun at all. So far have not pd anything cos it keeps jamming, and have read 3 emails, all in about an hr online AAARGH! No wonder I get frustrated.

Cheers michelle

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast