Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July - December 2004

Michelle - Yeah 18mths for chicken pox. Moving day is 6th March, so only 6 weeks to go! Better start packing 8-[

hi everyone
    sorry i dont have time for personals
    just a quick update on us - eliana & i are moving this weekend to the sunshine coast - im renting a great granny flat/cabin on 25 acres (my brothers boss lives in the main house & they have a little girl 10 days older than eliana) so im sooooooooo looking forward to living there plus there is a pool - so im busy packing everything we need & will still try & work things out with DP but both agreed we need our space
    eliana is on the verge of walking - has taken a few tentative steps so will see how she goes having a yard to play in - her third molar has come through so hopefully her next teeth wont be too bad - i was just washing up & eliana was playing happily for her little kitchen when i came out she was sitting in the hugest pile of poo!!! she had it everywhere & had even painted herself with it - luckily she only had a nappy on but it has taken me ages to clean it all up - just what i need but luckily it is the first one!
    hope your days are going well
    will get on here when i can as im not sure about a phone line yet

Colleen Guest

Is chickenpox the only needle they get @ 18months?

Jaykob is going to have his 12 month ones tommorrow

Colleen Guest

Oh Melbee!

Enjoy your new place / holiday! Good Luck with everything! Ewww about the poo, I have had one of those too :s so messy! Take Care, hope theres a phone line there too!

Colleen - Yep i think it's just the chicken pox one then nothing until their 4 years.

Mel - Wow at Eliana getting molars already, i thought they didnt get them until 2 years? Goodluck moving!

Colleen Guest

Thanks Tegan, that means after tommorrow, no more needles for a lil while , coz Jay had c/pox so no need for the needle....

And it was nice to see Lily is giving you a few cuddles now (from your other post)

Yep that's right about a rest from needles, unless they add something else!

Mel- good luck witht the move, it is nice to hear you seem excited, I hope things work out down the track the best way possible. Sounds like alot of space around you, 25 acres. Where do your parents live? It will be nice for Eliana to have a playmate too. Urgh at the nappy, kids are really gross aren't they? 2 of mine ate their poo once, won't name them, don't want to incriminate them LOL

Colleen- bf they added chicken pox to the schedule of free vaccines you could pay for it. Bff I had a chance to take my kids they all got chicken pox (while I was pg with Jess) so saved me money and means Jess is the only one who needs it. How did Jaykob go with the scratching when he had them? Hope he goes ok with the needles, how many is he having?

Tegan- don't you hate packing? I guess it is a good thing if you are moving and want to move though. It is sort of exciting for you all. Are you getting a removal van or are you doing something else? JEss also has 1 molar out up the top and 1 on it's way out she is almost 17mths. She skipped the eye teeth, just like joshua did. So she has 9 out and 1 on the way. THere are no set rules on when and which order teeth come.

Well better move along and check out what else is happening
    Have a nice day tomorrow everyone
    Michelle

Hi every, I hope you're all well and your babies too.
    Yasin is walking down stairs now just as long as I hold his hand. The climbing mania continues - he has figured out how to use the cat's scratchy pole as a step onto the back of a longue and then throws himself down into the chair and enjoys the tumble :shock: . I'm beginning to worry about how I will cope with him and a baby. When we decided to TTC he was so much easier to keep an eye on than he is now. Luckily he seems to like babies although I'm geussing that living with one will be a little differant than visiting.

Mel, I hope that you and Eliana settle into your new home OK. The sunshine coast is one of my favorite parts of Australia. Eeeww at the nappy - babies are so gross sometimes. Every time I change a nappy Yasin tries to grab his bum which isn't so bad if its not a pooey nappy but totally gross when it is.

Michelle, How are your school preparations coming on? I'm sure I will be having palpitations when its time for Yasin to start and sooking after I drop him off. Lani's vocab is quite impressive. Yasin still has the same 4 words but sometimes I think he's trying to say more.

Colleen, I hope Jaykob's needles don't hurt him too much. The only needles Yasin had any reaction to were his 12 month ones.

Tegan, I hope poor little Lily is feeling better today. Ugh at having to move - DH and I have promised ourselves that from now on we will use removalists rather than moving ourselves. Its just too much stress.

Michelle, don't you hate computer crashes. No matter how many times it happens I still never learn my lesson about backing up - I'm just too lazy.

Snowy, poor little Wolf. I hope his bronchitis clears up soon. London can't be too good for it - anywhere that gives you black snot has to be bad for your lungs. Maybe the time in Germany when you have your next baby will help. I can't believe how close you are now!!!

Melinda, aaww how wonderful to get kisses. I get hugs and sometimes I get an attempt at a kiss but so far no proper kisses. I can't wait!!

Colleen Guest

Yay for no more needles til Jays 4!

Jay is a little grumpy today, but hes been pretty good

Dach - It will be a challenge looking after two, but we are clever humans, actually make that clever females, with tremendous juggling skills lol

Michelle
    - re the chickenpox, Jaykob did really well, he learnt to rub the ones near his eyes but apart from that it was lots of baths. Jaykob had the 3 needles today, & he did very well

hope everyones day has been good

Colleen so glad the needles went well and double Yay for Jaykob! Jess will be happy once her last is done I am sure!

Dasch- don't stress about the watching 2 thing, you'll be fine, remember that little bubbas feed and sleep mainly and when no.2 is down you will be able to catch up with Yasin. You just need to restrain him while you are feeding so you know what he's doing, either in the highchair or if you have a baby rocker or a play pen or portacot he can't climb out of. Jemma was 19 mths when Jess was born and I had no probs with making sure she was safe LOL The couch thing reminds me of Jess we have our 3 seater and 2 single seaters in a row along one wall and Jess would climb on the chair and crawl fro,m chair to couch to other chair at full speed from about 12mths, just great for the heart in the mouth as she almost jumped from one to the other I can tell you.

Jemma's BT results are all clear, no nasties so we are very relieved.

See ya
    michelle

Kellee Guest

Hey mooshie! IKWYM about the ttc threads. I really hope it happens soon – it’s easy to get obsessed about it. Sending lots of babydust your way. Wow at Lani knowing forty words! Charlie still only says Mum, Dad and Bub, but he makes attempts at car and bath now. A lot of the boys in my family were late talkers, so maybe that’s what he’ll be. I bet when the new baby comes he’ll start talking heaps and influence No. 2, who will probably never shut up! I don’t envy you being worried about Jay – I’m sure he’ll be fine and it’s good that he doesn’t seem to have too man problems with starting. And don’t worry about not keeping up with the threads. At the moment I can only really check twice a week if I’m lucky, and I still manage somehow… most of the time!

Poor little Lily with her sore legs, Tegan. I hate needles too, so I can’t imagine how much bubs must hate them. Glad to see that it went well otherwise though.

Mel – sorry to hear about you having to move, but I’m sure it’s what’s best for you guys atm. Hope you work things out. Excellent news that your new place has a pool! Eliana will love it. I have been warned about those painting poos – luckily we haven’t had one yet, but I won’t speak too soon!

Hi dach! I know what you mean about worrying about having two so close. Do you have family close by to help you out for the first little while? I reckon the first sex months will be pretty tough, but once bub is sleeping through it will probably get easier. I can hear the laughs of the mothers of multiple children now… the probably think I’m so naïve in saying that! Anyway, here’s hoping. LOL at Yasin climbing too. Cheeky little monkey.

Glad Jemma’s BT results were fine, Mitch.

Sorry if there’s anyone I missed. I think I got everyone today!

Have had a lovely couple of days. DH had Wednesday off as well as Australia Day, so we had some nice relaxing family time at home. We went to visit his parents, who are going to India for 2 months on Saturday, to get the lowdown on what we need to do while they’re gone. He has a schizophrenic brother (29) and an epileptic/brain damaged brother (31) who both live at home, so we’ll have to keep an eye on them, even though he has another brother (24) who lives at home too, rent free, with his fiancé. I don’t know why they can’t do it, but that’s a whole different, issue filled story. I don’t mind taking responsibilities that are ours, but his parents wanted him to actually stay there overnight one night a week while they’re gone, even though the other brother is there, and DH has a pregnant wife and child to look after. Gggrrr. Anyway, I will look at it as an opportunity to get to know his brothers better and try to look at things positively. Other than that, I cooked a fabulous seven hour lamb roast for Australia Day, watched DVDs and actually went to bed at the same time as DH! That doesn’t happen very often, so it was nice. Charlie loved his dad being home too – he’s such a boy!

Right, enough rambling. Hope you’re all well.

Melinda Guest

Hi everyone!

Dach - when I fall PG again (fingers crossed) Jacob will be over 2 by the time he/she is born and I still worry about having 2 that close together also, and how I will cope etc etc (and how Jacob will cope!) but I think how nice it will be to have them grow up together. Yasin sounds like such a little character. Things that I read remind me so much of Jacob that I'm sure the pair of them would be up to endless amounts of mischief if they were ever together LOL!!!

Michelle - great news about Jemma's BT results! *phew*!!

Colleen - how old was Jaykob when he got the CP? Jacob is due to have his CP needle in a few weeks time.

Mel - LOL @ Eliana wadding in all that poo! Yuckyyy!!! Ouch at the molar too. Jacob had 16 teeth by the time he was 14.5 months old, so I'm a bit worried that his final 4 molars will come earlier than 2!!!

Tegan - wow, you're moving really soon!!! I hope you get the packing done and that Lily doesn't decide to try and climb up any boxes! LOL

Kellee - sounds like you had a really nice couple of days!! OOeeer @ the 7 hour roast too! Fancy coming to my house to cook one too!? LOL

Not much news from us ATM. Jacob is getting better and better with using his spoon (although it's still heaps of fun to play with it and to flick food everywhere as opposed to actually eating with it). Last night it was pretty mild outside after dinner so I went out the front to water the front garden and he came outside for a bit of a run around before bath/bed. He LOVED the hose and being sprayed on his feet with it and was squealing with delight! So cute!! And he was running everywhere that I would flick the hose so that he could run under it!!!!

Hi everyone,

It's been awhile since I've posted, I've been busy training the mini Thorpedo's and trying to survive this hot summer without air-con.

Aidan is walking so much, and he stayed at his Nana and Grandad's last night and it honestly seems like he has grown since then!

I too worry about coping with a 2yr old when #2 comes along, but I try not to worry about it otherwise I think it could have the potential to put me off forever! Having said that I think we just adapt and no-one else in the world could do a better job than us Mummy's!

Melinda, I know what you mean about the spoon. I let Aidan hold it in his hand but keep putting off actually letting him at the food with it, I'd imagine almost all the food will fall/be thrown on the floor.

Kellee, sounds like you are in for a busy few months. I think it is great you are looking on the positive side and your DH is lucky to have you!

Michelle, that is awesome news about the BT results.

Colleen, I hope Jay is over his yucky needle day. It's a shame they dont understand that it is good for them! I wonder if Jay should still get the chicken pox one even though he has had chicken pox? They say it's a myth that you can only get it once. Have no idea but it could be worth checking out?

Melbee, I hope the space helps you and DP sort everything out.

Hi to everyone else.

Aidan is giving us lots of cuddles lately, and he loves kissing anyone if I ask him too, sooo adorable. I usually need to ask for kisses and cuddles but tonight after DH and I changed him for bed he reached out and cuddled DH then leaned in for big sloppy kiss then he came over to me. It is so funny, if he gives one cuddle or kiss he has to give one to everyone in the room. DH also plays 'noggin' with him (from 'Finding Nemo') where they bump heads. So if you say 'noggin' he leans in for a head bump. It just amazes me how much they understand at this age..

I've bored everyone enough for one post!

hi everyone
    im feeling really bad that i havent got back into here with some personals - im just majorly stressed packing & organising everything by myself well actually i have an overly helpful toddler ](*,) i wont be able to get online every day cause im not sure about a phone line but will try & get in here when i can
    look after your gorgeous little ones - they are the most precious things in the world

Melinda Guest

Jess - yep, I think I need to invest in some kind of apron for myself! Jacob flicks food all over the shop and thinks it's the best fun out and every meal time I'm getting covered in muck LOL! Awww @ Aidan knowing how to bump heads! LOL

Mel - don't worry about lack of personals. It can get pretty hectic and hard to do....we understand! Try not to stress too much about the move - I hope it goes smoothly for you!

Kellee Guest

Hi Melinda. Good on you for letting Jacob use the spoon a lot. I’m too nervous because I don’t like the mess! It will be great for him in the long run though, I’m sure.

Jessica – that noggin game sounds so cute! It’s funny the little things they pick up. Charlie gives everyone “five” – once he starts with one person, everyone has to do it. My silly dad taught him that one. Yay on the cuddles too! Lap them up, because one day they won’t want to give them to us anymore!

Hey mel – don’t stress about not being able to get in here! You’ve got enough on the go atm without having to worry about that. You just take care of yourself and your precious little angel and let us know how you’re going when you can.

Hello to everyone else too.

Feel like a bloated cow at the moment. For some reason these crazy chocolate cravings have kicked in (the first real cravings in the whole pregnancy). Why do we always crave unhealthy things? It would be much better for my health, and my figure, if I craved apples instead. Oh well. Not much else to write – just enjoying some time off with my boys before the weekend is over.

Hope you’re all having a good one.

Now Kellee what would be the fun in craving apples LOL? I think the extra resp being passed to you guys is a little unfair too, but I guess your IL's are not sure they can rely on the other brother. It must be hard to leave your kids when they need assistance like they do. I hope the IL's get to enjoy there trip.

I had big gaps (5 yrs then 3 and a half yrs) bt my first 3 kids. Then there is 19mths bt Jem and Jess. I can tell you girls it is natural to worry about coping but you will, exactly the way you do with one. Just remember you had never had a bub bf and somehow you got to this stage and you have healthy and happy kids and have done a marvellous job. People in their infinite wisdom like to say stupid things like "how do you think you'll cope? and Will you be ok with 2 close together" Even my MIL asked questions like that, which really ****ed me off, I had 3 kids all doing different things as if I wouldn't be able to look after one more LOL You have pressure no matter how far bt kids. Just bc Jordan was 5 when I had Josh didn't mean it was super easy, she was in Kinder and needed things too. Blocvk out the negative comments and rejoice in the fact that you are going to have another miracle in your life.

*step off that soapbox...sorry*

Mel- hope the move is going smoothly, it is stressful moving and making changes in your life, try to take some time for yourself when you can and we will wait to hear how things are going.

Hi Melinda and Dasch and Jess and Jo and anyone I missed.

We are spending sunday doing not much. Arron is running around helping a mate with a pergola and so I am single parenting atm LOL. Just put the sooky jess back to bed, screaming, and told the kids not to go in. I should be cleaning up but can't be bothered , it is still pretty sticky here. I have done the back to school shopping and the kids have only 2 more sleeps, i think they are excited to go back, which is good. Little aths started back yesterday and we have 2 wedding s to go to in the next 6 weeks so we are are little busy. Plus we also have Jemma's bday on the 21st and BIL's engagament party just bf that. You'd think we actually had a social life by the sound of that. LOL Unfortunately we will be back to our normal boring selves in April LOL. Unless something else comes up.

Hope you are all well
    michelle

Kellee Guest

Don’t step off the soapbox, Mitch – we need to hear things like that to keep us sane! Hope you have fun on your own with the kiddies, and I hope Jess goes to sleep – cheeky monkey.

Bored bored bored. DH gave me a sleep in today, that was nice. He’s gone off to borrow the IL’s lawn mower – we rent from Mum and Dad and Dad has this big issue about the lawns not being done. He goes red in the face and spits when he talks if they get too long. Our mower is broken, so now my car will probably smell like petrol from DH moving the other one over in the boot of the stationwagon. * sigh * Bloody parents.

Anyway, have a rad day, y’all.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast