Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Babies born July - December 2005

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Renee- Sorry your brother is moving away, so sad when you're so close I hope you will be able to keep in touch lots.

*LOL* B456, well I'm in Brisbane so I won't be gatecrashing your party!....*looks around naughtily*

Sheesh - there's an explosion of hormones in here today!!!!!! Like everyone else, i too am finding this change a bit overwhelming...and am a little sad to have to cut those August babies apron strings - but there's no way i'm gonna chuck a tanty about it all. I come to BB to escape the crap in the world and find extra friendship and support, not negativity.

A change is as good as a holiday -and we're all adults and i'm sure will cope with whatever the mods decide is best for this site. Personally i'm thrilled to be given the chance to get to know others better (especially Tiff, Bec, Kate...) who i've chatted with in other threads but have never really got to know.

Yep - doing personals will be a challenge but i'm sure people won't be offended if we decide to keep our individual comments to those we know the best and have something personal to say to (for the time being anyway).

So please lets have BB go back to the lovely place it has always been (i'm far too hormonal/emotional to keep reading all these negative posts - sorry ).

P.S - just wanted to say "hi" to Rach as well - looking forward to chatting more!!!

ETA: Brooke - yep i'm still on for yours on the 12th. Not sure if you have my email but Fletch does so she can pass it on

*yikes*
    Think I'll just say hi everyone !!! gonna take me a while to get the hang of this atm.

Brooke, count me in too, just email me & let me know the details!!

Hi!

Kerrie - How funny the girls got into the sunscreen!! (well a funny story -not funny for you trying to clean it up!) I'm sure the year will fly by and you'll be p/g again before you know it!

Trace - Yeah on you both having a lazy day...Louis had a horror of a night tonight - he was so cranky he was just crying - and he was in bed by 7pm! I think because he was up earlyish and had swimming and we went for a walk he was just exhausted!

My hallway looks like a bombs hit it as I've emptied Louis' wardrobe into it...hmmm suppose I better start organising it all...I'm excited but it's such a BIG job...I swear I'm going to throw half of it out (well give it to the op shop anyway...)

Hope you're all well!!

WOW This is so funny its hard to believe its happening. There really is just to many of use. All I can do is LMAO @ it. Im willing to give it a go but I find it hard doing personal before let alone now.

Anyway, Had a good day today. Callum ate most of his lunch without MONKEY and he had good sleeps and played all day out side. We have an under shelter bit which I have turned into his little area. He can get in and out ( it has a gate going out to the backyard which all I have to do is close it) and ive put some of his toys out there. Plus his thomas bike and another bike and wagon that he got for his bday. He was such a good boy today. YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

I think if we are all patient and try we could make this work. Well I hope as I dont want anymore ppls leaving. Dannnnnnnn come back. I love your personals tooooooo.

Well Melissa had her first day and loved it and seeing all her friends. Now she is glued to the TV....lol.... DH and FIL out back fixing the pool tiles and Callum in bed and me trying to cope with all this.LOL.

Well Im going to try some personals later. Maybe or I night just start again.

Hope you all well

Tiff how was your work. I asked that before but think you have missed it with all that is going on.

Chat later

bye

Kristie how cute is the photo Louise in this parker and blue beenie. Gee his eyes are dark. He is abit of a spunky.

Ok im going out the back to take clothes off the line and I bet when I come back there will be 50 million post and ill get lost again....lol....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...HEHEH...LOL

Storm - Yay so looking forward to meeting you...and precious Angel of course!!!

Missy - big congrats on Callum eating another meal without his monkey .

Kerrie - i think you'll be preg before you know it - keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Kristie - My whole house looks like a bomb's hit it right now!!!! Sigh - big cleaning day tomorrow. DH has been sick and i've been feeling off all day so that's my excuse

Renee - Marnie is gorgeous! I've a friend who's due soon with her first. SHe's having a girl and Marnie is her no.1 name

Well -Ella has gone to bed now - phew...just wasn't my day with her today. She was good but when i'm feeling so blah i just don't have the energy or patience to keep up with her. Tia (bub in belly) has also been kicking up a storm ALL day today!!! It's really reassuring knowing she's already such a strong little thing. For those of you who don't know - at my 18wk scan it was discovered that Tia has a large VSD - hole in her heart and a narrowing of her pulmonary valve. We've since learnt that she'll need open heart surgery but fortunately not until 6-12 months. And our birthing outcome looks really positive as i can prob still have her at my local hospital, i can still trial a VBAC and she'll prob only stay in the NICU for several days. So things are looking bright

tiggy Guest

Hi Missy and Renee,
    Work went really well. Thanks for asking after me. I got to catch a baby first up, so it was really a great entrance back into the midwifery world. She was standing to birth, so all I really did was bring the babe up to mum but it was so nice being there when this new life entered the world. Everyone was really kind and welcomed me back. So now I'm on night duty except for the education day and I have to do maths calcultaions!!!! Gawd, I hope I can remember, I flunked maths badly in school.
    Good luck, Renee for you first day.

Wow - I've been "gone" all day long. Lots has happened while I've been away. Hmmm no way I can manage personals tonight. I guess I should introduce myself. I'm Kirsty (33) mummy to Fergus (Gussy) who's 18months old or 15 months corrected age. Fergus was due in October but was born in July. My waters broke (membrane prematurely ruptured) 6 weeks before Fergus was born, so we consider ourselves very lucky to have our little boy with us. He's currently meeting milestones as though he is an October bub so I've kept my Baby Buddies posts in the October thread. That is until now! LOL. We have a tough time with Fergus. He has a lot of ex-premmie complications. Fortunately none to serious. Since late October he has refused to eat or drink anything other than water, crayons and fingerpaint. So he has had a nasogastric tube inserted so we can push liquid food straight into his tummy. He has been tube fed since November.. Officially I am a corporate lawyer however am presently a full time SAHM. Getting up in the mornings and putting on a suit seems like a previous life. Nowadays I'm just happy to have ironed clothes on! he he

Looking forward to getting to know some of you better and continuing the friendship with those of you I already "know". Hope this big big big group can manage.

Gussy is now tucked up in bed telling stories to Big Bird and the Cookie Monster (who, in minature form, are sleeping with him this evening). Off to make dinner for DH and myself. Will check back in later.

Rae Sorry your feeling so unwell. Awwww you poor thing. Im sorry to hear about you babies heart and I know how worried you must be. My girlfriend, her little boy had open heart at 5 months. It was so horrible to see him like that but his is amost 2 now but still has a little hole in his heart. It was bigger then they thought. They are just keeping an eye on him. I dont know what to say but ill say a little prayer for you baby. But im sure all will be ok. Tecnoligy (bad speller sorry) is so good these days. Good luck hun!!!

Tiff WOW. How cool would that be to see a baby being born. I know we all been there but at that moment all we want is the baby out. LOL. Id love to see some one else in person give birth. Id cry for sure. Have to ask, do have you ever had sad new being a midwife. Stupid question I guess but just asking.

Im keeping an eye on the thread so I can keep up....lol

Kirsty that must be hard on you but he looks great in his ticker. Little cutie pie. Being here you see some amazing ladies. Like yourself, Tiff, Rae. Ive had it pretty good although I was reading about rae's unborn baby and still think ive got it good. Callum has to be check out for a heart murmur they picked up but im sure and hopeing all will be ok.

You ladies are soooooooooooo strong and my heart goes out to you all....

Rae Im sorry to hear about Tia's heart, but Im sure all will be well, like missy said, technology is so great these days. By the way, I LOVE Tia as a name! That was second on our list! I also love Ella, my god daughter is Ella.
    Coco in bed, one down, one to go. Tilly has been testing this arvo, it's not her fault, Im just not feeling great.
    Anyway, sleep well all and Im sure when I log on tomorrow I'll have alot of reading to do.Beats having to wait for someone to post though, i'd prefer it be busy than be quiet!
    xoxo

Meg hope your feeling well tomorrow hun. Have a nice sleep. Oh and at least you can spell...lmao

Whoa!!What a huge thread!! Well, i'm looking forward to getting to know everyone!! Everything else has already been said re: busyness so i'll just get on with it..

I'm Christie(24) and have Owen(nearly 14 mths) and am very big and preg with no.2..Owen was breastfed until 6 mths when he weaned himself(turns out it was because i was preg!!)he has stopped having bottles about a mth ago and just drinks his milk from a cup morning and night..we switched him over into a toddler bed last week, which was surprisingly easy(just tried it on a day sleep and it went fine so we put him in at night too..he's never looked back)hes crawling and crusiing the furniture but not walking yet and chatters away constantly..and me,i'm just giant, uncomfortable, hot and over pregnancy!!only 4 weeks to go(hopefully less!!)

i guess thats brief update on where we're at..we will miss our dec 05 thread but on the up side,it'll be good to have more preggy girls to talk to now and also with new babes over the next few mths..

will try to keep up and pop in more often to say hi!!
    Last edited by totalbabe77; February 1st, 2007 at 06:59 PM. Reason: add extra info that i forgot

Kirsty - Ella also came 6 weeks early due to a concealed placenta abruption - 5 mins later and both of us wouldn't have made it! So i know what you mean about regarding yourself so fortunate to have your babe. Ella also has kept up really well with her milestones (still is tiny and has no hair - lol) but the premmie factor has affected her in the sense of having major dairy allergies. Sorry to hear about his tube feeding - i really hope things improve very soon. Fergus looks like such a cutie and full of life!

Missy - thanks for your lovely words and thoughts. We are feeling very positive about Tia's outcome...i breed tough kids - lol! I truly hope Callum's heart murmur turns out to be something very very minor that will not affect him in any way!

Meg - your girls names are beautiful!! And Coco is adorable!!!

Hi Kate and Christie!!!!

Rae Just looked at your photos. How beautiful is Tia. Oh my that smile she has. The one where she looks like she is really cracking up...lol...thats so nice.
    You quiet big for a little/thin ladie. I looked abit like that with Melissa. You couldnt tell I was pg with her but with Callum well I went out side ways this time....lol

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast