Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 1st - 15th 2008

cammi loves the sling but after a while it hurts my back,i seen the baby bjorn active sling but very expensive..im going shopping over the weekend for another one..cammi isn't short for anything believe it or not my dp got it off a video game he used to play i didn't know till after we agreed on it but i love the name..lol

i was reading your birth story, you poor thing that must have been so tireing (spell?)just makes me think how lucky i was....

love the name zeke aswell dont hear of it...

me and dp couldn't agree on a name for ages he didn't like anything i serggested...

Hi girls, I am too slack with posting... Sorry... will try to be better.

So Hi Skye. Cammi is a cute name! CJ (my son) doesnt like to sleep during the day wither, it gets hard, but at least he is cool to be put down for a bit... He loves playing on his mat.

And Hi Miranda and Zeke... I have just moved CJ out of his basinette into his cot... very sad not to have him in my room anymore... I dont co-sleep, as my DH is a very heavy sleeper, and we are scared of him rolling over onto DS

Looking forward to getting to know you both!

xo

Skye - yes the BB Active is very expensive, I got mine from eBay, saved quite a bit on it. And, if we'd had a girl her name would have come from some video game dp plays too! (or maybe an anime... I can't remember)

Yeah, it took quite a bit to get that boy out of me, but it was very much worth it in the end.

Ruf - I'm worried about dp rolling on Zeke as well, but I put Zeke on the outside with my belly pillow to stop him falling out. He actually sleeps right in my arms most nights... kills my back! He's starting to really outgrow the bassinette, so I am trying to work out if I can rearrange our room to have the cot (or at least the portable one) in there instead... I am a real softie with this boy of mine :P

hello rufalina, i can get really slack at posting to..lol
    we named cammi j so her nick name is cj..wow its the first time ive heard someone else have it..
    so where abouts are you from?

i co-sleep with cammi and dp sleeps heavy aswell so me and cammi sleep in another room together
    me and dp haven't slept in the same bed since she was born.and she sleeps in my arms she won't have it any other way.i hope she grows out of it soon..lol

i was doing some house work last nite and cammi was playing on her mat then i turned and looked at her and she had rolled over it was so exciting..
    anyone elses baby learnt anything different?

It's very exciting when your baby learns to roll over, way to go Cammi! Zeke's working on mastering that now, he rolls back to side, and tummy to back, but hasn't linked the two just yet. He also shoves everything in his mouth!

I thought I might have a sneak peak at what my ol belly buddies were doing and it seems pretty quiet on the June 1st-15th front except for a couple of newbies! Hi Skye and Mirandabelle, I had to make the jump to the 15th-30th thread after my DS decided to be fashionably late! I love both bubs' names! May just add Cammi to the list for bub #2 hehehe!

Cooper (my DS) has rolled over 4 times and I am yet to actually see it! I walk back into the room and there he is on his back when I left him on his tummy! My DP works away (28 on 9 off) so I try to capture as many milestones as possible for him to see when he gets home. Thing is Cooper doesn't like doing it while I have the camera on, lil bugger! Like Zeke he puts everything in his mouth including both fists at the same time, triggering his gag reflex which inturn results in him vomiting - i joke that because i constantly call him a Fatty Boom Baa Baby he has developed bulemia (sp?) And apparently the apple doesn't fall far from the tree cause he has two teeth already - I had [email protected] months, [email protected] months, etc.. Overall he is a pretty cruisey bub - I honestly think he is going easy on me seeing as DP is away so often. He sleeps through from 8-6 and although he isn't keen on huge sleeps during the day he is rarely cranky (expect for when those darn teeth were giving him curry) just content on having tummy time, hanging out in his rocker or getting round with me in our hug-a-bug!

Love talking about him - can you tell HAHAHA
    May drop by from time to time - take care mummas!!

Tan

Hi there Tan! Cooper sounds gorgeous, like he has a lot of personality, and sleeps wonderfully at night - lucky you! Fortunately Zeke hasn't made himself gag so much he's vomited everywhere yet, just coughed and spluttered a bit. If only it was as simple as explaining to them that shoving both fists down their throat doesn't help!

Zeke's doing great lately - he slept nearly 6 hours in his bassinette alone last night, I hope he keeps it up, and I can replicate whatever it was that got him to do that tonight! Fingers crossed...

hello tan,
    pop in say hello cooper was born close enough anyway,more the merrier...

i finally seen cammi roll over now she is doing it all the time, she just wont do it when i get the camera out (rat bag)..i think cammi might be teething she has been crying all the time and has been chewing on her hands alot too and has had rosey cheeks it has been a nightmare the past week,she hasn't made herself gag and vomit yet... thankfully well have to go cause cammi just started sceaming again be back later...
    Last edited by skye+cammi; September 29th, 2008 at 04:32 PM.

Oh CJ is a good one or sticking his fingers down his throat and chucking up! Good to know I am not alone in going through 6 outfits (for both him and me) every day!!!

It is so hard now that they are starting to want to move... I cant take my hand of his tummy on the change mat, as he wants to roll over or move!

Miranda - Hope you get more good sleep tonight

Skye - Poor cammi... hope she is doing ok... I am NOT looking forward to teething....

Skye... sounds like teething to me, but from what I've heard babies can 'teethe' for quite some time before the tooth actually shows. Fingers crossed she'll have them sooner rather than later. Hoping you get some of those rolls on camera soon - babies seem to know just when you want to take a pic and stop whatever they're doing right away.

Ruf - I just change Zeke on the floor now, so that he can kick and roll around as much as he wants. Makes me feel safer, and means he has a bit of fun too.

We stayed at a friend's house last night, and as usual, my performance baby was brilliant - went down after a feed at 9, woke for business-only feeds then straight back to sleep at 1, 4, 6 and up for the day at 8. Think I need to stay at other people's houses more often!

Hello Ladies

Lovely to read all the posts and see where everyone is and what your babes are doing. Aren't we all lucky to have such bright little characters in our lives??

Nate is also rolling, dribbling lots, still trying to figure out how to get a fist in his mouth and sleeping very well.

I too am dreading moving him from his bassinet into his cot. He doesn't sleep with us but having had him next to me for three and a half months makes it hard to put him in his own room. I also think I'm a sook for my pretty boy. I love how even when he's in someone else's arms he gazes at me like he's in love....

Kim, I couldn't agree more! I don't think there's a day where I don't think how lucky I am to have such a beautiful, happy, smart little boy!

We're making do with the bassinette for now... still too chicken to try the portable cot. (We haven't got our big cot from my aunty yet) but another few weeks and we can't use it anymore. He's starting to try and sit himself up, not to mention rapidly getting too tall!

We tried our first taste of solids this evening too - was an interesting and messy procedure! My little boy is growing up too quickly!

isnt it exciting giving them their first solid foods!!ive been giving cammi solids for nearly 2 weeks now she just seemed like she was hungry all the time,she loves it makes a mess thou..i was wondering should i be giving her water now that she is on solids she doesn't eat heaps but is still always on the boob of a day the doc didn't mention it????im hoping she gets some teeth soon and doesn't take ages for them to come through!!!
    i can't believe how quick they grow its amazing..
    i couldn't imagine putting cammi in her own room its good to have her close pitty she wouldn't sleep in her bassinette thou its so easy of a night i dont have to get up..good luck on that one ladies..

I would imagine that breast milk would be enough to satisfy Cammi's thirst, Skye. Unless you want her off the breast, giving her water would decrease your supply.

Well, I took the plunge today and am currently moving the bassinet OUT and the cot IN. Nate is too tall for the bassinet and it rocks so much if he gets too upset that he's obviously too big for it. I'm brining the cot in as he still wakes overnight. (Yeah right, I just can't bear to leave him alone in that big room!!)

It's my eldests birthday today too so Nate had better get ready for lots of hugs from visitors!!!

Better go, he's giving me that look again...

Wow lots happened since i was last here.

I think it was Taegan and Skye, we all have June 15th baby's YAY

Well we've had a few issues weight wise with Lilli. Bascially she was really good then just stoped gaining weight for a whole month, however, after changing bottles and formula we are back on I had her weighed teh other day, and shes finally 5.5kg Oh im so happy now. Oh the whole teething thing, i forgot all about that. That was until the other wk of course. She has two teeth sitting on her bottom gums that flare right up, then they go. Poor little thing, it must be so painful for her.

Well will be back more regular from now on,
    RACH

hi ladies
    sorry havent posted been really busy it was dp birthday and cammi has been sick,she is getting better now.i finally got cammi on camera rolling over yay!!!so hows everyones babes going?its my 20th birthday on tuesday yay no-one can call me a teenager anymore....

rach-yes cammi was born on the 15th..lol lilli is gorgeous,hope that lilli keeps putting on weight,cammi put on weight from day dot she now weighs 6.5kgs..
    Last edited by skye+cammi; October 9th, 2008 at 06:43 PM.

Skye!! Hope you have a great day.

Nate has taken a few days to settle into his cot but is slowly getting there, sleeping more and more. I tried him on baby rice yesterday and he loved it. Then I panicked thinking that my milk supply will decrease if I start him on food so I'm not doing it again for a while. Nate is the first of my children that I've actually loved b/fing so I'm not in a hurry for it to end.

Hope all the mums and babes are well.

thanks hotkim,i give cammi solids and she loves it but much prefers the boob i was worried about the same thing but she still feeds all the time i am dreading when she fully starts solids i love b/f....
    yay for nate being in his cot...

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast