Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #11

Dee does he use a dummy, if so I found that you can be a bit sneaky and swap the dummy for the bottle, I did this with Wyatt when he wouldn't take a bottle. HTH.

hugs xoxo

Dee- I had a hard time getting Tori to take the bottle too, I found that by making sure the bottle was quite warm she took it, and I also used to start her on the boob, and then swap boob for bottle. What sort of bottle are you using? I use the NUK bottle and she seems to quite like the teat on that.

Well I had a really lovley day today as well. I met up with Tanya (Tulip) and a couple of other Perth Mum's at Sushee's house- was great to finally put some names to faces.

Got a huge weekend coming up- going to DH Aunties farm tomorrow to have some nice family photos taken so that we can either do a photo board or photo book for MIL for her birthday. Sunday my mum and dad are taking us out for lunch, and on Monday it is our first wedding anniversary so we are going to go on a nice family picnic. ( I think we need a weekend to recover from our weekend).

Anyway I had better go, there is a huge pile of dishes in the Kitchen waiting to be done! I hope that everyone has a great weekend.

Dee - good to read from you again! Well, if Lachlan is fighting the bottle, too, then why switch from the boob to the bottle if nothing will change? Hard ask, but could you wait until your appointment? Also, maybe you could take him to an osteopath or chiro that is known for being good with babies - a word of mouth recommendation is best, so you could ask the maternal nurses. There ARE high-needs babies and with them it's just the way it is, unfortunately. Even if you sort out this lactose issue, you may find that he just needs you more than another baby would need you. Look up Dr William Sears and he has a lot on high-needs babies. I really hope you get closer to a better time with your little one cos I want you to enjoy that cutie! I know it's hard to think about when you're in the midst of it, but this won't last forever. You have done so well, girly, so keep yourself together for yourself and for your boy (sounds like DH is so busy looking after his self-interest that you don't need to!). Anyway, I think of you when I'm not logged in to BB and I hope that your reserves are plentiful for both of your sakes
    Bath - sounds good! I might try one of the cafes I haven't been in yet in advance to see if I can recommend it My GF's boy will be right into the Thomas thing, so I could ask if she wants to do coffee after as well!
    Just got back from the fortnightly shop - what a task! Glad I took DP this time cos there's no way, the way I've been feeling this week, that I would have made it back feeling half-way decent or even energetic...
    DP is being surly with me lately and I feel I don't deserve it. I'm mulling over it trying to find an approach to break the surliness. Funny how I have to make the effort to smooth things over when I'm the one who is otherwise in great spirits and wanting to give my mojo a workout...very strange, indeed.
    Well, this shopping's not putting itself away and DP probably feels he has done enough. Too tired from looking after Oscar this week to be accused of whining or nagging, so I'll do it myself now that it's been taken out of the car.

Hello all - quick zip thru from me:

IK how much was your fortnightly shop? Did you do fruit/veg/meat (are you a vegetarian? you strike me as someone who might be committed enough to be! ) I did a big supermarket shop the other day and did fruit/veg/meat and was horrified with a $240 bill (most of the meat was discounted). I usually (pre-baby) shop at Vic Market and truth be known probably spent more there cause all the food was so lush! I find I am totally uninspired by supermarket veg after the Vic Market.

Ali sounds like a great weekend. I am off to Mums and Bubs Yoga tomorrow morning, a friend's engagement/housewarning in the arvo, and on Sunday breakfasting and walking in Carlton with a friend and her bub before going on to YumCha with a few mates - our regular, monthly YumCha get-together. Should be fun!

Dee, you poor love! I can imagine how upset you are for your little man. Flynn had a manky eye a while back and that was bad enough. I hope it all works out for you and Lochie perks up.

Amanda - will check out homepage after this!

Bath - re: nappies - are you doing clothies? I thought my guilt was salved by using MyPlanet Recycling for disposables BUT NOW THEY ARE CANCELLING THEIR SERVICE!! I am so annoyed - turns out they are experiencing "technical difficultues" but hope to be back on line soon. Looks like I am going to have to revert to the exxy compostable disposeables from Germany and only use 1 huggie a night (I am addicted to them - they are sooooo dry).

KL - you said your "hand" (singular!!) was killing you. You're not a one-handed typist are you? Gotta change that if you're gonna post regularly on BB! And little Tee is 3 months - I completely missed Flynn's milestone!

Neeny, my nephew was in daycare (or baby-gaol, as is mum put it!) since 3 months and he is the best, well adjusted loving kid you could find. The quality of the care is the important thing, and I'm sure that Aliese will be fine.

I had a mega-cleaning day today. Our kitchen looks so nice I scrubbed everything while Flubby was sleeping and while he was awake and in his rocker tidied the drawers. But still, everywhere I look in the house there is stuff to throw out or put away! Tha's despite a whole day of running around the house sorting out stuff for the oppy. One thing is for sure - I have WAY too much stuff. Good thing is I am slowly whittling it down.

ciao bellas

Rory - I believe that Bath, Heaven and I are the only ones here doing clothies (and Heaven's gone all yuppie on us and doing modern cloth!), and if MyPlanet is suspending the service then I'm glad that DP got me round to cloths! I still use disposables, but maybe about 4 or 5 a week, for putting Oscar in the car and this week so that I don't have to wake him up too much in the middle of the night (when he's not sick it's not a problem, he's asleep before we hit the bed again, but with the cold he is waking easily). And can I say again, try the Aldi nappies over the Huggies - I couldn't be happier with the Aldi ones, no blow-outs...and Oscar can really pack a power poo! It's really lovely, though, to put out the squares on the line on a windy day and bring in the softest dry nappies to fold! I enjoy folding. I've just cut up a packet of Aldi chux and I'm going to start using them as liners instead of the throw-away ones I've been getting from Nappyland. I'll see how I go, but I think I'd feel better re-using them as many times as possible before throwing them into a land-fill. I think I might even play with some wipes solution and use chux for home wipes, saving the disposable ones for travelling. Cloths are a bit of fun, really. I can't wait till Oscar is bigger to use our coloured terries!
    As for the fortnightly shop, we spent about $260 and some of those things we won't need to get at the next shop. I didn't get the fruit and veg - I'll probably spend about $30 on that at the Upper Gully Market tomorrow. I also have a selection of frozen veg so I'll be mainly getting fruit. I just have a bad habit of not using veggies and throwing them away when they are practically moving. Oh, that bill includes meat. We was bad tonight and bought beef from Aldi, but we also bought our usual roo from the local independent. I also have a stock of frozen fish to tide us over. I have some lamb necks and pork hocks that I'll slow cook. I couldn't be vegetarian, sorry! But we do prefer to eat roo, aside from the lean aspect of it, I like it cos the roos are culled to a quota unlike the beef etc industry where there is an overproduction for supermarket shelves. One day we'll grow our own meat - I like to know where my meat comes from so I put more thought into these purchases. If we buy beef it's usually from our Upwey butcher and not the supermarket. Oh, and I haven't bought chain supermarket veg for such a long time; like you, uninspired after discovering the local market.
    Might cut some watermelon for dessert and get ready for bed (DP was good and cooked a pizza we bought at Aldi...)...

hey guys,

Amanda - yes lachlan does take a dummy sometimes, but sometimes he absolutely screams if we try to give it to him which makes life hard sometimes!

Ali - i think ill try the boob part first and see if it makes a difference, also, i have heard that the NUK teats are pretty good, im going to go and buy one to see if that makes a difference. I hope the photos work out well, make sure you put them on your website!

IK - i have thought about waiting but the chances of the paediatrician telling me anything other than 'he will grow out of it' are pretty low so im kind of taking matters into my own hands, he is just so unsettled IK and as much as i would love to keep BF i know i will be devastated to find out that my BF is the cause of his unhappiness. I feel that if i was to look back i know i have given BF a good go. My main reason is that he might feel a bit fuller and settle better with formula, it takes the body alot longer to digest than BM so his body will have to work harder for it and then might sleep better. i hope this theory makes sense!
    Thanks for thinking of me.

oh dear, he is awake, best go attend to him, ill be back on soon!!!

littlerigger Guest

very quick one,
    we got engaged last night & YAY swans are in the finals

Congrats Candy, thats fantastic news.

hugs xoxo

Candy that is great news- how exciting, did you get a ring or are you picking out your own? I chose my own. Can't share your excitement about the swans though cos it means the Dockers lost!

Congratulations Candy!

Congratulations Candy!!!
    Thats great news!!

Hello!

CONGRATULATIONS CANDY GIRL! WHOO HOO!!

Was a lovely day with Amanda yesterday and her boys. Weather was great and Southbank not too crowded. The boys loved it when I gave them some money to get ice creams from NZ Natural. I should've taken photos of that! Wyatt managed to get most of it on his face - oh well gotta love 2 yr olds! I took a few pics and will email them soon. Amanda sure looks great for having 4 boys in her 20's! Cody is a real cutie and pity I couldn't borrow him for a while! Aleise was checking him out too!

Well thanks to all with well wishes on day care issues. I have been trying the tummy time and thankfully she seems to be getting used to it - but still only 1 min maximum! Nothing like Ryan and sitting up and all!

IK: Was hard at first when I dropped her off but it was a relief to do the grocery shopping wihout her strapped to me via baby sling, and having to pack and load up the car quickly for a change was one advantage. We really need the money so that's why she's starting now - I got back next month but they couldn't guarantee a place for her then. Besides one day a week won't be harmful. Matt gets every 2nd Wed and Friday day off and the days he will be at work our mums can help out. (I only work Thursdays and Fridays).

Rory: Thanks for your words of encouragement. My MIL would've had a fit and called it baby gaol too if Aleise was grandchild #1 but she's #5 so precedents have been set with lthe others! LOL! I agree babies need social contact with other kids whether it be through daycare or playgroup. If I didn't need to work then I wouldn't be placing her in care so young - I'd go full time uni though and get my remainder 10 subjects over and done with!

Dee: Aleise had thrush on her tongue as soon as we brought her home and we went through 4 days of hell. Tried Nilstat and that made her projectile vomit then upon MW advice used DAKTARIN gel which worked a charm. Give it a go! You can get it OTC at the chemist. Poot little mite - hope he gets better soon. Amanda said you may be coming down this way at Xmas? Let us know if you do darls!

Jaspen: I often wish I was back in Tsv this time of year - warm enough for a swim and not too hot. *Sigh* Don't miss the "slow" lifestyle and not many good concerts and restricted shopping though! What does your DH do? I don't recall if I'd asked you earlier. Mine was in the Army but I grew up there from age 8 and Tsv being a defence town I had to marry an AJ didn't I! Anyway he's a good one so no real complaints.

Well Matt's 35th birthday on Monday so must go out and buy a card! Also SIL had baby #4 and called her Naomi Grace, we may see her tomorrow depending on how they're travelling. We're meant to head up to Sunshine Coast 2morrw anyway for Matt's birthday lunch but I think that will be called off now grandchild #6 is here. Nevertheless we'll have to make the pilgrimage so outlaws can see Aleise again.

Oh some good news - brother's finacee apparently doesn't have MS - is some sort of virus or ear infection. Makes me wonder if she made it up so he'd get a day off work! MMM who knows?
    Not much else to say really.. take care all and Candy hope you're having the most expensive champers darls! Have one for me! *Hic!* hehe!

Neeny - good news on future SIL - does she have Meniere's disease? It make you really dizzy and unstable - often mistaken for MS. My mum has it, and her sister has it, and her mother has it - and guess what! It runs in families - YAY! Something else to look forward too.....And BTW - I know it is still hard but one day a week will be sooooo not a problem for Aliese (easy for me to say - I would be bleeding if I had to leave Flynn so I completely understand)

Candy, big congrats but you can't just leave us hanging like that - tell us all about it!

IK are the Aldi nappies dry? That is my main reason for buying huggies - Flynn can stay overnight in them without a problem - one nappy often lasts from 8pm to 6am, whereas he starts complaining as soon as the babyloves are wet. On the roo meat - another reason to eat it over other meats is the fact that roos are soft footed animals and therefore don't trample sensitve native grasses. Not really an issue when you consider that sheep/cows/hoofed animals don't usually do this either, cause there are so few patches of native grassland left, but another ethical tick for roo meat. See, I'd be what I call an "ethical vegetarian" if I had enough conviction, and only eat roo meat, non-endangered fish, organic veggies, no food processes by multinats, non-environmentally damaging produce, etc. But I love cooking too much and couldn't bear the thought of having to limit my food choices so much. I imagine Peter Singer would say this awareness makes me worse than a regular meat-eater, but hey, what the heck!

Had such a good day today. Baby yoga was a blast - Flynn enjoyed the few poses we went through together and then fell asleep on the floor next to me so I was able to stretch and relax to my heart's content. We then went to a mate's engagement party in the arvo/early evening and he was a sweet little lamb - fed 3 times and snoozed a bit but didn't cry at all. We finally decided to bail at 7pm - he wasn't crying but obviously tired, and we figured the poor little guy had been so accommodating we'd had better pay him back and take him home to bed, cause he really needed it by then.

best go to bed meself!!

ciao bellas

Rory - Aldi nappies are as dry as chalk! I'll have Oscar in one from about midnight to 9am sometimes and he won't be wet at all - the talc from the last change will still be powdery in his creases (little fatty!). So, yep, I've used the Huggies and I can say I'm happier with the Aldi ones, especially with the price difference.
    Oscar was much happier today - lots of happy gurgling and chortling, so I think he's definitely on the tail end of this cold.
    Had my cousin over for dinner, was lovely. Need to get to bed now...

hi all!
    no time at all - just wanted to say I MISSED YOU ALL HEAPS !!!...Candy - wooohoo!!!

Candy ~ CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!

Enigma good to have you back, the pics of Aneta are really good she has grown heaps.

Rac wow Ronanis 6 mths, hows he going? He's looking great.

better go the boys whinging.

hugs xoxo

*Kristee* Guest

Hey girls,
    My mother arrived back in town yesterday and i was so excited and she and my sister were so excited to get back and see Tee. Even though mum has only moved away for 4 months max it feels like forever. Jokingly she called Tee a greyhound as she is still tiny, but is putting on weight slowly. She has also offered to give me money to help with the wedding or pay for my dress...my decision.
    I tried Tee on farax rice cereal tonight and she hates a spoon! She wouldn't eat from the spoon but as soon as i mixed it into her bottle it was as if she didn't notice that it was different from her normal formula.
    IK don't get me started on fortnightly shops....they are a nescessity but i wouldn't do it if it wasn't. I can totally understand the feeling.
    Aurora i used the hand in a singular context because it is broken and i am a two handed typer so thats why it was so sore!!!
    I wish i had the energy to do a major clean up!! i also have way to much stuff but can't bring myself to get rid of it.

Congratulations Candy!!!!!!

By the way i noticed i didn't tell you guys how i broke my hand.....well......i got in a bit of a blue with some bloke i don't know!!! The reason i got agressive is because i was just walking along with Tee in my arms and this bloke came out of no where with a knife and tried to take Tee from my arms and leave (saying all the nasty stuff he was going to do) with her...and as if i was going to let that happen!!!
    So i ended up with a broken hand and a few cuts but in the end i came hme with minimal injuries and my daughter still safe and sound except for a few scratches! So i cried and cried for days
    Ok better go now and am waiting on details from Candy about the proposal!!

Kristee-Lea - 21

Tarleha Maye - 29/06/06

Tying the knot 7th April

TTC March/April (unofficially Jan onwards)

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast