Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #11

Jeez, KL! I'd cry too! Have you spoken to anyone about it, like your GP or counsellor? Had it happened to me then I would (and claim it on Victim's Compensation) cos I'd be a wreck and it would just change how I go out and about. I get weird with Oscar when I merely have a bad dream about something happening to him. If you haven't spoken to someone about it, please consider it, just to nip any possible repercussions in the bud What's a hand, anyway, when it comes to the most precious things in your life? Good on you for fighting tooth and nail!
    I've lost my voice and my throat hurts. I've just had a honey tea and now I'm off to brush my teeth then bed. I feel like I've been hit by a truck. And DP is working every day for a few weeks (well, not weekends), so it's not like I'll have a hand at home. At least the house is finally tidy - DP got it all cleared for our dinner guests last night!
    Goodnight all...

Morning all,

well it's the first day of the school holidays up here and it's a nice and sunny day so far. One week until Kailen has his operation so fingers crossed they won't ring this week and postphone again.

KL I can't believe that did that to you, I'm glad that you didn't get to hurt and as IK said what the loss of use of one hand for a while, when you saved the life of your precious girl. You go girl. I know I would kill for all of my kids if anyone put me in that position.

IK hope you feel better soon, try and rest up and stuff the house work, if DP complains tell him your looking after you and Oscar and thats the main thing.

Neeny thanks for the compliments, hope Matt has a good birthday to day and fun with his mate at the brewery.

Ok boy wants a feed and I'll be back later.

hugs xoxo

Good Afternoon girls.... mixed day here... Niall wakeful but that's ok... just a little trickier to get as many jobs done as I usually do on a Monday. Feeling a bit on edge, kinda nervy... no particular reason. Am being very good with my eating habits today... am reducing my dairy and have introduced soy with my coffee... works quite well... would be better if I could quit the coffee too but one thing at a time I guess.

Was it Rory who asked whether I use clothies? Well I do about 40% of the time ATM. Depends on the weather... if I know there's going to be lots of rain I cut back and use disposables a bit more... and I also use disposables when i go out and at night time. i bought my flannel flat nappies back in '94 when Verity was a baby because we were in dire financial straights... we used them 100% for the first year... infact verity hadn't worn a disposable until she was about 6 months old... and that was just once because it came in a sample pack! LOL Anyhow we saved a fortune and we didn't even have a tumble drier... just shows what you can do if you have to. With Wade I used the same lot about 25% of the time... got a bit lazy... had more money etc... now with Niall I am determined to get as much value out of them as possible by "using them up"... they are getting a bit thin but with a thick terry booster insert they are still ok. Back in 1994 my mum gave us these wonderful triangular nylon fabric liners which I am still using! I've never seen them in shops but it means I don't even have to spend money on liners... I hate those disposable liners anyhow... too flimsy and kinda don't stay in place as well as these ones do. I also don't use Napisan very often so the savings for us when I use fabric nappies are huge.

What's up with not being able to use the bold function???

And Congratulations Candy!!! C'mon... fill us in on the details!

Oh and my MooGoo arrived!!!! It's all lovely and I even received a free sample pot of this new moisturiser they are developing... very nice... and yes they all smell lovely... let's hope I can get DH off Nizoral and that Niall doesn't get cradle cap like the others did.

Wade awake and requesting Wiggles... back later!

ETA: Welcome back Enigma!!! Look forward to seeing you in here again soon!

How come YOU got your order first, Bath???? I put my order in a day before you did! Oh, well, can't complain, the sling my aunt bought arrived in the post, a lambskin is also due this week and then the MooGoo - if they arrive on separate days then it will be better than Christmas! The sling is good, but it's no HAB. That's ok, it's not me who will primarily use it, and today I just didn't feel like strapping on the HAB cos I'm in and out of bed so often! Good timing.
    No voice still and feeling like ****e, really. Oscar has been very low maintenance today, the little angel!
    Sorry, would do personals (have the time) but DP is at me to have more water and to go back to bed. I'll just obey, I think - could be worse!

Good to hear your DP is being a little more attentive during your illness this time IK Let's hope he cooks dinner tonight! Hope you feel better tomorrow! Good boy Oscar!
    Maybe because we live so close to a major postal depot (Heidelberg) it arrived a tad earlier... I reckon you'll get yours tomorrow. Other than Coles online this is one of the first times I've used our CC to order stuff online.... could get kinda addictive!

Phone ringing!

#karen# Guest

Two weddings to look forward to: KL and Candy, congrats to both
    IK - hope you are feeling better soon
    KL - i hope you reported him, glad Tee is ok

Wow its been quite in here today, well I've had not a bad day with all the boys home. I did some colouring in with Kailen when the 3 little ones were having a sleep, did some house work and just basicly pottered around the house. Cody's becoming more vocal and is rolling onto his tummy more often so it won't be long before I'm chasing him around the floor or finding him in funny places, like under a table or behind a chair.

hugs xoxo

*Kristee* Guest

Hey girls,
    IK i have not spoken to anyone about the incident and i don't think i can.....i will just put it at the back of my mind and hopefully forget about it just like i have done with my rapes and assaults in the past....although sexual things reapeared whilst preg but not since....everything gets locked up!!!!
    Of course i would die fighting before anyone or anything took my daughter from me...she is all i live for, if she went so would i!!!
    Karen i know...can't wait to hear all about Candy's wedding to be. It is so cool to have not just a Junnie buddie but a engagement buddie HAHAHAHAHA.
    Anyway Little gemstone is crying (more like screaming) so catch up with you all later!!

Kristee-Lea - 21

Tarleha Maye - 29/06/06

Tying the knot 7th April

TTC March/April (unofficially Jan onwards)

KL - I'm not a professional (yet, you're later on the scene but I'm in the middle of a psychology course), however sitting on these experiences might seem like a good idea now, but can have serious long-term negative effects. My mum is a great case in point of trauma gone unaddressed. You are so young and you can nip it in the bud! My mum has spent a lifetime of covering over the ugly things that happened to her and she has quite a detachment from reality a lot of the time...she's just lost touch with what's real and what she has told herself. It has really affected her relationship with me and she projected a lot of her sexual hangups on me as a kid - telling me I was always interested in naked bodies as a kid (as if it was a bad thing even if it were true!), not letting me have a 'boyfriend' (from age 12...honestly, handholding was all I was at risk of!) and refusing to talk to me without a look of disgust for weeks when she realised that I was sexually active etc. And she hasn't done a great job of keeping it secret - it comes out in odd ways so I have put together a lot of things myself. I am just so sad that she didn't talk to anyone about these things sooner. But back to you, I know you think it's working to keep a lid on it and I also understand how effing scary it is to think about confronting these experiences and trying to make sense of what doesn't make sense, but I wouldn't want you to be an older woman wishing you'd faced your demons so that you could get on with your life a bit freer of that baggage (not that it leaves you, but you can identify when your past is interfering with the present and avoid complicating your life!). You think it doesn't, but by not addressing trauma, you do affect your relationships with the ones you're closest to. It gives you a great excuse to say "you don't understand me"...because you never gave yourself a chance to be understood. You know yourself that these things don't get 'forgotten'. I know this could be seen as a low blow, but would you want to teach Tee that should she ever have any traumatic experience that it's best not to talk about it? I am just of the opinion that we should try to live the kind of life we want our kids to live cos we are the example they are most likely to follow Just some food for thought, I mean, you're only 21 and the rest of your life is a long time to be carrying that crap around. I'm sad that somehow you learned that it wasn't worth talking about important things that have happened to you As everyone here already knows, when I can't make sense of something at any given time, I make an appointment with a counsellor! Sounds very American, but really all I do is go along, tell them what is going on and how I feel about it and if I can't get my head around it they get me to see things from a different angle and to reorganise it in a more constructive way in my head. Yes, sometimes I cry, but I'm allowed to FEEL things, that's what makes me human. Generally it's what I already know, but I wouldn't get that confirmation (and would otherwise continue to think I'm thinking about it all wrong) if I didn't get it out and bounce the ideas off someone else who is trained in the area and who is removed from the issue (and I've never had a trauma!). Growing up with my mum, I have no intention of being a martyr like she is because it helps no-one, least of all herself. That's all I shall say about it - ignore me if you need to, we don't have to talk about it ever again if you don't want to I care about the welfare of our Junies and they know I have my fair share of two cents' worth! Is this where I pull my head in, Rory I can't help myself, can I?
    Bath, I got dinner! And a couple of nappies changed, but I can manage to do that myself. We slept for nearly 3 hours, me and Oscar. He is currently giggling and gurgling with DP who was just playing guitar to him. Now he's singing some sort of showtune (his daddy taught him well, he'd be smiling from ear to ear wherever he is now!).
    Amanda - pottering around sounds nice!
    Better get back to bed now. I can't believe I can't speak. Moreover, I can't believe I can't sing to my boy. It was depressing listening to songs on the radio and not being able to sing along for Oscar...

Well I got there i have now been married for one whole year (and my what a year it has been)!

Had a really full on weekend but it was really nice, went out to the country to have some family photo's taken on DH Aunties property, they have turned out really well ( I will email some when I have played with them a bit, I dont want to put them on my website because they are a suprise for MIL and she visits the site regularly). The nicest thing was DH Aunt had made a fresh batch of scones, with home made strawberry jam and cream........mmmmmmmmmmmm

Yesterday Mum and Dad took us out for lunch for our annivesary which was a really pleasant day, it was beautiful weather so it was really nice to sit outside, and I actualley had a beer and it tasted fantastic.

Been pottering around today, went out for lunch (again) with DH, and bought some new sunglasses. I have to say though Ia m not feeling 100% tonight, feeling a bit light headed, I havent been taking my iron like I was supposed to when I had Tori, so Ithink I may be a bit anemic, I bought some iron from the health food shop today because it is not meant to make constipated.

Tomorrow of I am off to a Mum's and baby water aerobics class which should be different, another good opportunity to meet some other mums.

IK- Sorry to hear that you are not feeling well, hope that your sore throat improves really quickly.

Amanda- Even at 26 I still love colouring in,I find it very theraputic ( might explain why I am a junior primary teacher, I love doing all the kid stuff).

KL- Ihope your hand is not to sore, you really should seek some help over what happened, and make sure you report it, if not for yourself to ensure that he does not do it to somebody else!

Anyway I might take myself off to bed, maybe some sleep will help me to feel better!
    Bath- Doesnt the moogoo smell divine. DH thinks it makes him smell like a girl but I love it.

Half watching the Brownlow medal here... Go Scotty West!

IK: Good to hear re: dinner And you might notice your DP become slightly more involved in Oscar's daily nuturing as he becomes more responsive. Men are like that, they prefer acknowledgement and newborns just don't provide that... but things will start to change now that our little cherubs hit the 3 month mark which is when they learn how to charm their way into our hearts... have you all noticed how our babies are giving anyone who passes by the hugest smile, twinkling eyes and all? I reckon it's a primitive strategy to get us to lift them up! Enjoy it while it lasts because by the time they hit 6 months they start to become a little more suspicious and clingy... they begin to cry when they are passed to an unknown person etc.... well that's just been my experience... might not always be the case.

Oh, and also that's first class advice there chicky (IK) regarding facing your demons and avoiding denial. The stress will seep out no matter how hard you try to keep it inside. I also believe in a physiological response to locked up stress like that... sometimes it manifests as disease. Not wanting to frighten you KL... just reinforcing IK's suggestion that you consider Tee in the scheme of things... you don't want her having a sick mummy down the track... and yes! You do need to show her that it's important to seek help and share issues like this.

I need to slouch on the couch with my DH now... after I rub some of that MooGoo into his scalp

ETA: sorry I missed your post Ali: yep! smells delish... DH won't mind how it smells... he'd probably let me rub MooPoo into his head as he loves scalp massages so much! LOL

Bath - meant to write last night that I use the Aldi DI-San instead of Napisan...half the price almost and works really well.
    Oscar is playing awake boy today, but that's ok cos I feel less heady than I did yesterday, but I'm more tired cos he woke so much last night - kept doing runny, mucousy, greeny poos - normally doesn't do them at night and I couldn't deal with potential blow outs (of which half of them would have been otherwise) so I used disposables. The night before he actually slept from 12.30 to 5.30am and I wasn't inflated by the time he woke...how's that? I don't expect that in the near future again, but I'm ok with that as long as I'm not up at every feed - I'm spoiled and used to just rolling him on, rolling him off and both of us going back to sleep again!
    Great day here in Melbourne again. I think I'll take it easy on myself again, though, and just do a load of nappies and go nowhere.
    My mum's coming back from NZ today - I hear she behaved herself...will wonders never cease???
    ETA: I agree, Bath, with the disease manifestation theory, too! If not something more corporeal like cancer etc then as psychological disease like schizophrenia. That energy has to go somewhere and if it's stifled then your body does something with it that you can't see till you start to feel unwell in some way. My dad has psoarisis and depression - there's no family history of it, but oddly enough, his mother died when he was 4 and he knew that he was being told porky pies about it and no-one spoke of it with him...ever. He's had to put together the pieces from what his older sister could gather. He thought it didn't affect him but now he knows better. Those repressed Irish Catholics, they're a classic example!
    Last edited by Smoke Jaguar; September 26th, 2006 at 09:47 AM.

Morning all, another quite start to the day I see. Well Cody had a funny night last night he woke up for his 2:30 feed and he fed until 3, nothing unusual but he wanted a top up at about 3:30 so I had a pretty crappy nights sleep. But he's also been fussy when I give him my left boob as well.

The weather here today is overcast, so I've got the boys watching DVDs which seems to be keeping them occupied for now.

Ali congrats on having your 1yr anniversary, can't wait to see the pics.

Speaking of pics I will be sending an email from my meeting with Neeny last Friday, I've finally downloaded them.

hugs xoxo

Hi everyone!

I just typed this long post and it disappeared! ARGHHH!

I'll try again so here goes -

Was Matt's 35th birthday yesterday and we made a weekend of it all. Saturday night we wen't to mum's for dinner and then to see "Stormbreaker" which was pretty good. Surprisingly enough it was rated M even though it was'nt that violent and is aimed at the tweens market. Sunday we drove to Sunshine Coast to have lunch with Matt's family at Maroochydore and see our new neice, Naomi Grace.

SIL seemed well but her labour was only 2hrs long. They had her in since Tuesday night and should've induced her every 12 hours but because they were so busy they did it in 24 hour stints! Thursday morning they broke her membranes and it didn't do anything then Thurs night they gave her the oxytocin drip. She went into labour at 1am Friday and had Naomi at 3am. She's pretty tiny and the smallest baby out of the 4. 7 pounds 3. I can't believe Aleise was smaller than that - seems so long ago! The hospital kept telling SIL to delay coming in though 'cause they were so full. She can afford private health insurance and that bit makes me a bit agro - people who can't afford it end up on a waiting list because there's too many like her out there who won't pay it. We've just upgraded to family cover and we're only getting by! Oh well there's just no getting through to some people - you never know what's around the corner and its always best to have the doctor of your choice in that circumstance. Just look at some of the mishaps in Qld system for example!

Yesterday I made Matt some pancakes (not gluten free so he was very spoiled and I had rice bubbles!) baked all afternoon, made a g/f carrot cake for me, port&saltana cake for Matt and a g/f pizza for dinner. Most delish and sounds like I'm taking a leaf out of Bathsheba's culinary cookbook doesn't it? Matt did a tour of the XXXX brewery with friends and I picked him up from the train station at 7pm - just a wee bit tipsy too!

Rory: Future SIL had numb feelings on RHS of her face. She's a bit weird though so I don't rule out her exaggerating or even lying about it all. Don't ask!

Ali: Happy 1st anniversary!

KL: YOu should report what happened with that knife bearing psycho - do you want him to succeed with another young mum?? Also the stuff that happened to you earlier should be reported too. I work for Qld Police and sadly too many sex offenders get away with it and keep re-offending because the victims are too scared or don't want to re-live it by reporting it. Ask yourself this - how would you feel if Tee was assaulted and that person/s was free to re-offend! You should take better care of yourself honey and we're all concerned for you!

IK: Yeah I agree Aldi nappies are great. I bought the crawler size for Aleise 'cause the small ones were getting a bit tight, although the crawler ones are a bit big - can never win!

Candy: Love that ring! So when's the big day?

Well I'll try to email some birthday pics when I can uplaod them to my email. Aleise looked very cute in her new denim dress and knickers I bought from Target for only $15! They had a 20% off sale. She's been sleeping quite well and a bit more often during the day over the last 2 days. However she woke at 5am this morning which is not like her and Matt kindly did that shift. I told him I"d do it tomorrow 'cause he has the day off.

Not much else to report - overcast here today so can't do too much outdoors. Might go to the library. Should go to gym either tonight or tomorrow night depending on if I can get a babysitter tonight. Take care all *Hugs*.

Just emailed some pics to all on the BB list. If you're not on it (or didn't get it - check your junk mail) then let me know.

OH yeah

Dee78 I can't send you anything - they keep coming back as "status undelivered" so if you have a new email can you send it to me? [email protected]

Thanks.

Got my MooGoo! Bath, I think it might be because I paid by direct deposit (I usually do credit card, but I thought it might be too much for my poor constitution to see another amount on the statement, even though I'd be spending the money anyway! DP writes the payment cheque, so it's more for his sake, but if he gets antsy, I feel guilty!) and it would have taken a bit longer to dispatch for that reason. This stuff smells yummy! I wonder if DP will use the wash? He loves bars, so I bought him one, knowing he doesn't use washes (so old-fashioned for a 32 year old!). I got a sample goats milk soap, but no moisturiser - it must depend on what you've ordered. I think I might not have also got it yesterday cos I reckon the fill in postie couldn't be bothered delivering two packages to my house yesterday. A Post contractor brought the MooGoo today and yesterday the sling was in the letterbox - same size bag, so go figure. I wonder how long it will take for the postie to bother bringing my lambskin? Also, the sling was in an express post bag, so perhaps he figured that it was a priority and that I could bloody well wait for the other package...I want my regular postie back! At least when I'm outside with Oscar he'll stop and say hello and tell off Odin for barking at him.
    Neeny - Yeah, I thought the crawlers were a bit big until we had our first major poo in them and... it was all held in! So, I think I just got used to the 'snug' fit and though I no longer think it's too loose, it's just not at tightly fitted but has very good holding capacity!
    Well, after the discussion last week about highchairs...I've come into one. Actually, I was about to come into another one from a family friend (it's still at my parents') but my dad was offered one, along with a Babylove stroller, so he brought them round on the weekend. I looked them both over and thought they could do with a clean up when I realised that the harnesses on both had faults that rendered them useless. No problem! I put the bits from the highchair harness that made the stroller one incomplete and now it will be ready to go when I've washed the washable bits (there are some tears, too, but it's functional). The highchair harness is now further unusable...but that's ok! I emailed the manufacturer and they'll send me a new harness and it will cost me the princely sum of $16 incl postage - would have cost me that much to get the webbing, clips and the petrol used for that mission. It's a 'better' highchair than the family friend one, although I think they are the same brand (Mothers Choice). This one has that swivel back seat, adjustable tray etc, and the other one is simpler. I think maybe we could leave the simpler one at my mums, bring back the cheapie one she has at her place and give that to MIL for when she eventually minds Oscar. Anyway, I'm in the process of cleaning it up and it's coming up a treat. And it's very nearly free! If my GF doesn't want the stroller then I'll keep it for shopping centre forays, cos it's more compact than my buggy, which is designed more for outdoor use. Don't you love getting free stuff that's in perfect working order? Well, nearly! Geez, I'm easily pleased.
    I can't wait to wash my hair tonight...this MooGoo smells awesome. Cee Cee, you deserve a finder's fee!

My "bold" function isn't working... anyone else having any problems?

Yay about the MooGoo IK... yeah I was going to suggest about the direct deposit thing... a courier delivered mine... at the same time as a box from my mother. Still haven't spoken to her... there was a gift and card for Wade's birthday which we haven't opened yet.

Tired... haven't taken my In-Liven yet... maybe that's why? Although I did spend a good part of the morning at the shops with Niall in a sling and pushing Wade in the pram. But it seems that Wade has gone to sleep... Niall's sleeping too... hark! the sound of silence... bliss.

Back to the MooGoo: rubbed some into DH's scalp and he used the shampoo this morning... he seems ok with it all... hope it works... I never really felt very good about Nizoral as a long term thing. Hey IK did you read in the enclosed letter to be careful with the soap? Apparently it lathers easily and might melt away too quickly if you apply the bar to your body.... they suggest making lather in your hands and using it that way instead of direct application of bar to body. Could be because of the high percentage of cocoa butter which melts more easily that animal fats that are in regular soap. I've never used any kind of soap on Niall... this will be his first product and I couldn't imagine a safer product to use. Up until now I've only put a drop of lavendar oil in our bath water or just used warm water on him. Honestly babies don't need half the stuff in the baby aisle at Coles... especially all those bath products... they are all a relatively new phenomenom too... didn't have most of them when Verity was a baby... bet they have something to do with the rising incidence of eczema today.... keep it simple girls... you don't need all that [email protected] a single drop of lavendar oil will act as an antibacterial and help them relax without exposing them to unnecessary chemicals. You don't really need to use bubbly cleansers until they start on solids and crawling around.... and even then be careful and stay away from glorified detergents!

Ok... need to have a lie down... the house is too peaceful to waste!

Yep, Bath, I was also reading about the lather thing on the website - I'll have to instruct DP carefully about that, but I think if I tell him how much a bar costs that he'll pay attention! I agree about baby bath products. We were using sweet almond oil in the bath until we switched to showers, recently. I have Gaia bath gel and shampoo, but since switching to showers coinciding with a bit of cradle cap I've been using the shampoo only on a face washer and it washes the rest of him. I like what I see in the Gaia ingredients. I love the talc but I'm running out. If I've got more voice on me tomorrow I'll go out and get more...or I'll send DP out when he gets home cos he needs to get some more dog food anyway!
    Oscar's been asleep since midday - I probably have time to fold some nappies before he wakes again. House is sort of tidy and I've been somewhat productive today, so I may kick back later and watch a DVD...haven't done that for ages!
    At least I feel well enough today to get out of my pj's.
    ETA: Bath, no problem with my bold button. Have you tried exiting your browser and reopening it? Or restarting?

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast