Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #12

oh amanda posted at same time, so glad your boy is now home and doing well!

I only ever fly QANTAS though, they have been good, generally when flying with kids, they always help me out when possible, and slip the kids extra things and kids pack (colouring pencils, etc etc) i came home with 6 this time!! I was just annoyed with that. But they did give me the baby basinette, which was a god send.

When did us melb junies wanna meet... and where? I dont know if ill have the car, fingers crossed i will...

ETA: Missed that last page of posts! Thanks everyone, on behalf of Wade, for the birthday wishes!!!

Hi Junies... can't post much today... Wade's birthday... tried to make it special: gave a few gifts... made a cake together.. let him watch a new Thomas DVD... bought some party decorations etc for this weekend... ordered helium balloons and a pinata. Also frantically spreading mulch on the garden so it all looks nice... I just know I'm going to run out of time for this party. Who would believe that it would take a week to prepare for a 3 year old's birthday party! nearly every neighbour in the street stopped for a chat today as I was making the best use of Niall's sleeping time in the front garden... it was nice... at least I didn't feel as isolated as I usually do... weather was gorgeous... I wish I could get out there more often!

Nic: No, no meetup yet... thought we'd wait until you got back
    Rory: I'll be going into the CBD on the 13th of October... got to buy some bits and pieces for the races the next day. Won't be able to be a "proper" meetup but a coffee at a cafe could be good... invitation open to anybody: Nic, Ik, Simone... but I won't be able to chat for too long unless i get terribly organised between now and then and have my whole outfit ready... not sure if I'm going to wear the same as last year (would rather not) but either way i want to buy some new accessories and shoes. If Friday is good for everyone else please feel free to make a day of it!

Umm... anything else? Thinking of you Kailen! Keep us posted Amanda. Take care everyone!

Amanda- Glad that Kailen is home safely now and hopefully on the mend. I can't imagine how stressful it was for you to have to go home and leave him in hospital.

Rory- Sounds like you had a glorious day yesterday, make the most of days like that!

Happy Birthday Wade. Bath good luck with preparations for the birthday party!

Simone- Glad to hear that there were some kind strangers that helped you get the kids on and off the plane- It is nice to know that kindness from strangers always manages to help us in a tricky situation.

Enigma- How cute of DH to dress up Aneta toy, it is amazing how you feel so lost when you dont have your baby around. We are having another Perth meetup this week, it would be great if you could make it.

Nic- Glad that all went well with Nixon's Christening, bummer about him not being well though- hopefully it is just a cold.

IK- Hope you are feeling better soon!

Neeny- Enjoy using your Beauty voucher to treat yourself. I really feel the need for a trip to the beauty salon, need an eye brow wax and eye lash tint, but I have told myself I cant go untill I have lost 5 kg.

As for us we had a WONDERFUL picnic yesterday, the weather was just glorious and it was so nice to lay back and just veg out. Today we have just been doing some odd jobs, and went to visit mum and dad. Tori is still sleeping lots and being quite grumpy so I am thinking she might be having a growing spurt, either that or she is in the early stages of teething- who knows. I am sure lots of extra cuddles will help her out lots!

I have added some photos to Tori's site, some of them from our picnic yesterday.

Better go DH has just finished cooking dinner and it smells divine!

ETA Just found out that DH's Aunty and Uncle had a baby girl at 4 this morning, and my best friends Bro and SIL had a little boy at 2 this morning.
    Last edited by *Ali*; October 3rd, 2006 at 09:27 PM.

Super-quick post from me , just uploaded what seems like a million new pics to my site
    Will write more 2morow, Nighty Night Junies

Cute photos, Enigma!
    I've created an account with Photobucket and I have some pics of Oscar on there instead of the old Yahoo one - that one is getting quite large and I'll leave that one for family and friends who have more of an interest in trawling through that pictorial epic! Plus, the yahoo site contains my whole name, so in the interests of web security, I've joined PB. Those of you who saved the link to the yahoo site I'm sure can be trusted not to sell my information to the Russian mafia...!
    Oscar seems to be better today and tonight. My head is still reeling, but I've cleared a lot of gunk from my throat. Cee Cee - I was using the ginger from a jar but now I've got some fresh ginger and I used that tonight. Can't say there is much of a taste difference (the jar one uses vinegar as a preservative and nothing else is in it except a bit of water), so we'll see what the freshness factor contributes to my state of being The ginger is, at the very least, warming (as usual) and quite tasty. Takes the tartness out of the copious amounts of lemon I usually add to my 'cold' teas. Thanks for the tip!
    I'm going to get us to bed now. I wonder if Oscar will stay asleep as I ease him out of his fleece suit (too warm for our bed, but a nice evening cover up).
    Oh, got in touch with some of the girls from my birth centre birth class - their girls are so cute! We may even have a catch up soon, which will be ace. One of them is doing the swim class that I'm interested in, so I'm going to follow that up tomorrow.
    ABA meeting tomorrow morning, if I feel well enough in the morning! Fingers crossed...

*Kristee* Guest

Hey girls,
    Gee i haven't been in for a couple of days and now there was 2 pages to catch up on!
    Amanda I am so glad you and your boy are home again safe and sound...sounds like Kailen is doing great. That must be such a relief.
    IK hope you starting to feel better. Same thing Nic I hope nixon recovers fast too.
    Ali25 Sounds like you had a wonderful day, with the weather being good and a nice picnic. At the moment Tarleha is the same as Tori....Tee is going through a growth spurt plus teething! So anything is possible with Tori.
    IK it is great to hear that Oscar seems better today. And sounds like you are on your way to recovery too!!
    Us Well Tee is having her growth spurt so i am suprised that i could get on here at all. At the moment i am finding it hard to look after Tee as my back has been out since before i had here and i haven't gone to get it back in and its killing me!!
    I went to a mothers group last night that was set up by a friend of mine, there are 3 girls and 4 boys....don't know much about the boys we were to interested in how the girls would interact. Well going from youngest to oldest in the girls goes: Elsie (1 week younger than Tee), Tee, 6 weeks younger than another Elsie. So they are all close in age which is great...we compared there milestones with each other, and even though Tee is not the oldest she is the most advanced...must be something in my genes as i was like that as a kid Elsie who is the youngest is already in 000 and was the same size as Tee when born but she never lost any weight. Tee is still in 0000 in things with legs and 00000 in thos little rompers with no arms and no legs.
    Other than that we have been having visitors to use our pool already!!!!
    One more question, how do you know what to dress your bundles in so they dont get hot and of a night what do you put them in and what about there bedding??
    Anyway someone is calling for me, for another feed already :eek:

What a day! Glad to see you trooping along well, KL I've got Oscar in a tie dye singlet and some light cotton cargos today and at night I keep him in a light cotton one piece cos he sleeps in with us and anything more has him sweaty. We have a Slumbersac that was given to us and that is handy - you just adjust the layers on the baby according to the temperature in the room and stick them in the sac, it comes with a guide for what to wear underneath in relation to room temp.
    ETA: Oscar is out of his 000 one pieces and definitely into the 00's. The separates are still mostly fine (except for bodysuits...they're dragging down at the shoulders!). He's a growing little monster and is chattering away like an older baby!
    Went to my ABA meeting today but I shouldn't have. I feel like a bag of bones, but it was such a nice day I just had to put some summery clothes on and go for a drive! I don't know when I'll shake this thing, I am never sick for this long and it's beating me, dammit, it's beating me!!
    So, with DP home due to his bad back and me feeling crook still, we're pigging out on fish and chips for lunch...
    Last edited by Smoke Jaguar; October 4th, 2006 at 02:03 PM.

I know a lot of the little ones have already got there but Samuel just rolled all the way over on his front and got his arm out for the first time - yeh!!! (he's been struggling to get the arm out to allow him to get all the way over). although only know where I might find him now he's started to roll.

BBL

Ali and Enigma, yur girls are both absolute dolls!! And Jaspen congrats on the rollover - Flynn is almost there but not quite yet...

A hook up on the 13th of October sounds excellent - I like the idea of a coffee and cake at Borders Melbourne Central!!

I just want to say quickly how great it is sharing your little ones' progress - it is lovely to be part of their lives, even if from a distance!

Better go - am off to see Katherine Jenkins at the Arts Centre with DH's best mate - DH is staying home with Flynn. Lucky girl I am - night out in the City!

ciao bellas

Quickly from me, too:
    Good one, Samuel!
    Oscar had his first roll over today, too! - I was watching him as he had some free bum time on the floor (actually, first time doing this, too, cos it was so warm) and then I realised he was on his side...and then he plopped right over onto his back, before his head hit the ground! But I got so excited he forgot to cry about bumping his head. He wouldn't do it again for his daddy, though, cheeky boy
    He has been so playful and sociable today...he may not sleep a wink from all that social stimulation!
    Back to feeling crook and watching DVD's for the night...
    ETA: Have fun on the tear, Rory!

#karen# Guest

Amanda - Glad Kailen is home, hope all is going well.
    Yay Samuel and Oscar. Nathan rolls onto his side, trying to get to tummy but not yet.
    Rory - hope you enjoying your night out.
    KL - yes it's a chatty bunch in here. Sounds like mothers group went well.
    After last night I was seriously considering weaning, waking every 2-3 hrs for a feed and back to sleep. I was more tired last night than when he was a newborn. Made me think of you Dee. Hope you are going ok. I am also finding it hard to manage feeding and attending to other boys, dinner, etc it would be so much quicker if he was to have a bottle. I guess I'll just see how he goes tonight.

Ha, Karen! Oscar feeds every 2-3 hours! I'm used to it, and I don't wake up fully unless he's sick (like lately), so it's not an issue for me. I love feeding, so I can't really understand why anyone would consider weaning at this stage. That's just me, I feel very useful as a milking cow! My boobs finally have a purpose (after being the bane of my life for so long) and with the way I'm parenting, feeding, no matter how often, is part of it all - I'm on call, on demand and I'm entirely at ease with that, whereas some of you aren't...horses for courses!
    gotta go cough again...

#karen# Guest

If I don't get my sleep I'm not a happy mummy. Also I can't catch up on sleep later as my 7yr old does not allow it, he will physically pry my eyes open if I fall asleep during the day. I did enjoy bf until i had mastitis. I also find bf physically tiring and then don't have enough energy to keep up with my other children and dh.

go Oscar
    Amanda - glad to hear Kailen is home and hopefully improving quickly
    Nathan - get that arm out little man and get on your tum!!!!! and ease up on your mum a bit (whisper this to your brothers too I think!!) Karen - hope he settles down and it was just the odd night out so to speak. Samuel actually takes the bottle (when he's had EBM) slower than a breastfeed (even on the fastest teat) although the ability for someone else to feed would sometimes benefit although I just keep remembering that it takes time to prepare the bottles and sterilise etc and in the middle of the night thats longer you have a crying baby (for me anyway whose bubs turns from angel to screaming devil when hungry - no increasing crescendo from one to the other) and how it is definitely handier for me to able to just stick him on the boob straight away. You work out whats best for you, Nathan and your family and go with it .
    ETA - Karen - I sympathise with having and older child that doesn't allow you to sleep. I am certainly greatful DS#1 still has a daytime sleep.
    Last edited by jaspen; October 5th, 2006 at 07:50 AM.

Morning all, looks like yesterday and today are going to be quite days again. Kailens cough doesn't seem to be getting any better with the antibiotics as this morning after he got up he had a coughing fit twice and threw up twice, not good for him. Will see how he goes today and I may have to take him to the Drs tomrrow or Saturday to see what they say. Got to start cooking Lockies birthday cakes tomrrow as well just having family over on Saturday arvo for a BBQ so that will be nice, getting him a bigger bike for his present as well so that will be good for him.

Cody's lying on the floor on his playmat while I'm on here and the other 3 are outside playing in the nice sunshine. Cody woke for a feed at 11pm last night and was back in bed by 11:30 or there abouts and all he wanted to do was play and talk, the only thing is I was knackered and just wanted to sleep but he was up until 12:45, then was awke again at 5:15am so didn't get much sleep at all.

IK hope that this never ending cold of yours disappears soon.

Karen I so know how your feel with the older boys, Kailen is 6 and since it's school holidays and he doesn't have a afternoon nap I find that by about 2:30 - 3pm I'm struggling to keep my eyes open. Big for you, you do what you think is right for you and your family.

Jaspen yeah for Samual, lol at never knowing where you'll find him, that is so true once they start to move around.

Rory I 100% agree with you about lovely to hear and see all these littlies milestones, it makes you feel like an extended family.

Best be off for now.

hugs xoxo

I think I was misunderstood from last night's post. There was no criticism whatsoever in what I said. Absolutely, everyone must do what's right for them. My comment was about not being able to see myself getting to a point where I'd consider weaning cos it's not an option for me and I want my subsequent kids to be BF until as late as possible (knowing, from m ABA group that this can be done without being driven completely insane - co-sleeping is a huge factor for success in this!). The main point of my comment, actually, was that I have yet to experience longer breaks of sleep between feeds at night (I think twice he's slept for 5 hours straight at night!), and I think my point was missed entirely!
    brb, boy hungry
    Last edited by Smoke Jaguar; October 5th, 2006 at 01:36 PM.

quiet in here today.

Sam's got the biggest bruise (hickey style) on his arm from where he had a good suck on it yesterday when he rolled over on his tum - looks awful LOL!!.

Amanda - hope Kailen settles down soon and continues on a road to recovery. Lots of our older kids having birthday's this month. What type of cake are you making Lockie??? I've got to trial mine for Benjamin's next week to check it will work out. We are looking at making his party an arvy tea type thing so that it doesn't take up the whole weekend and we can instead spend the majority of time with his godmother and son who are going to be visiting specially for the weekend. I think I've manged to limit the guests (incl ourselves) to a total of 14 (kids and adults combined).

IK - hows that cold going today??? better I hope

Rory - how was your night out

Ali - Sams real cuddly at the moment - not so much like him - maybe its something in the air and Tori gets over the grumps soon

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast