Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in June 2006 #14

Nic: I've been squinting at Nixon's top for the past 5 minutes trying to work out what it says; "I love...." please put me out of my misery... I've got to at least TRY to get on with things LOL

is that Dunedoo NSW Bath?????

Ceecee - you poor thing - as I keep telling myself she won't remember!!!!! - the battle scars just seem to get bigger as they do LOL

Speaking of listening ears - my godsons mum had a chat with his daycare carer the other day and she said "oh $%# doesn't bring his listening ears to kindy" to which my GF replied "do you know where I can find them cause he doesn't haven't them at home either" LOL

To all of us having a not so good day (or few days) - lets hope next week can be better (I'd say tomorrow but it usually takes a few days to work through the lows I find)

DS#1 is sleeping at the moment so hopefully when he wakes up our house will be a more peaceful place.
    Last edited by jaspen; October 18th, 2006 at 02:47 PM. Reason: just cause I can only do a bit at a time!!!!

jaspen: yep.... nsw. Near Coonabarrabran I think.... they live here in Melbourne now... in a humble suburb (Clifton Hill)... they certinaly don't fit the usual profile of millionaires.

BOOBIES!!

hehe DH bought it for him, i told him he can wear it when he has him out & about not me!!

jaspen-dont worry about Benjamin doingt hat to samuel's stroller, Xander 's pulled the double pram over before, i cut my knee open on the gravel road trying to grab it. They're little sh*ts when they want to be. About the guy telling you off, i would have told him where to go-but thats just me.
    Yesterday i smacked Xander in the city, as he just grabbed declans leg and bit it hard, for no reason. So i gave him a smack, not hard-he didnt cry, just looked at me. Some lady just looked at me with her mouth open, like "WTF are you doing," so i walked over, and said "Do you have a problem?" ANd she walked away. If people have a problem, thats fine, but i dont care. sorry *vent over*

Just been to Rugrats Retreat in Epping, good fun. it was only $5 for toddlers and u/12m free. They have a big kids and toddlers area, and we had a ball. (I think i had more fun than the kids!)
    When i got home, DH called to say we're going to a 21st on the weekend (One of his schoolmates younger sisters) and its at... You guessed it, Rugrats!! You can even drink there!! It sounds like it will be a lot of fun, DH is going to drive (we are both p-platers, so cant drink at all and drive) so i can have a couple. Mine and Dh's first night out, together, since Anneliese was born

ahahahahha!!!! That's so funny! (Boobies)

geeze.... gotta rush out the door now to get to this appointment... see y'all later!

yeh dunedoo is between coonabarabran and mudgee (where we were prior to townsville) - being from up that way they certainly wouldn't fit the profile of most millionaires.

anyway had better go calm Samuel down - he's chatting rather loudly and I really don't need him to wake up Ben just yet - I'm not quite ready to face it (and too think I promised we'd do stamping and drawing after sleep - crazy woman am I)

Nic-ROTFPMSL about Nixon's shirt! I think your Dh rocks, i wish mine had bought Declan a shirt like that, he was breatfed for long enough

littlerigger Guest

very quick one, Bath I grew up 36kms from Dunedoo in a little town called Coolah and went to school in Coonabarabran. I probably know the family you're talking about. As my dad was the local auto-electrician (based in coolah but worked all over including most small towns out that way) he had lot of customers in Dunedoo too. So our family got to be pretty well known / know lots of people. And just for a bit of trivia a girl I played netball with from Dunedoo now plays on the australian womens rugby union team!!

Cee cee - not sure if you read about Ryan's fall, we had one off the bed last week. The scary thing is I think I was more scared / hurt than he was. I've since had a MCHN tell me not to stress to much, they bounce

And because I just skimmed I probably seem really insensitive and I'm sorry. I'm not deliberately ignoring ANYONE I've just got Mr High Maintenance this week.

I noticed a lot of girls are hurting themselves. For goodness sake girls, take care of yourselves. Make hubby / DP do the hard work while you sit on the couch and sip an alcoholic bevvy of your choice To those having down days / weeks. I can sympathise. I can't offer advice but I can offer a big fat *hug*.

Also just adding on the advise of our MCHN and GP Ryan has started solids and has taken to rice cereal like he was missing something! Not one spoonful has come back out yet. He doesn't waste one little bit! If he knew how to lick his lips, I'm sure he would! - Please do not judge me for this. I did it on medical recommendation.
    Take care all
    Last edited by littlerigger; October 18th, 2006 at 03:43 PM.

Candy - glad to hear Ryan has taken to solids like a fish to water ( so to speak) sounds like my DS#1 - from the minute solids started going into his mouth at 4mths he couldn't get enough of them and not a drop was to be wasted (if only it was the same today - although in reality he is still a good eater for his age but mess no longer worries him!LOL). The only things he wouldn't eat out of home made and bought was Heinzs Lamb and Veges - don't know what it was but he never liked it. Hopefully the solids will help him along in the manner the medical practioners hope.

Hey candy, i started Xander on solids just before 4 months as he was wanting about 10 bottles of formula a day!! (if i would let him!) One we started on rice cereal (and i put some formula over softened milk arrowroot biscuits) he was a very different baby. Much more settled and happier. Some babies are ready, some arent. I know i wont be trying Anneliese until she's about 7-8 months, as although she's only 2 months (corrected age) i dont think she would have been ready until about 5-6 months anyway. Dont feel you have to defend yourself, we are all friends in her Glad to hear he's enjoying it sweetie
    I have a great recipe (tried and tested) for home made baby food. Once its made you freeze it in icecubes and use it as you need it. Very handy, and very good for them. Much better than Heinz or any of those. Email me if you want it
    Last edited by simone; October 18th, 2006 at 04:05 PM.

littlerigger Guest

Simone and Jaspen, That was the thing he was wanting to eat every 45 minutes but only eating 1/2 his bottle. Since having the solids he's completely different. Back to eating full bottles less often (and we're wasting less formula). I've been making homemade and freezing it He's trying his first ever carrot tonight any recipes you care to lob my way?

I just have to say he's so cute. he's like a baby bird with mouth hanging open as soon as he sees his spoon!!!

HEy candy, ill email you one, its great because you can do what you want (add what you want more like it!) and just freeze it. I'll get it over to you now

littlerigger Guest

you're a legend Simone one thing I have learnt is that ryan HATES the sound of the stick blender. I used it to puree his carrot and he FREAKED!!!!

Candy my three older boys started solids at 4mths and none of them have any problems, I'm also starting to notice that Cody is starting to mouth when he sees me eating so will see how he goes over the next few weeks.

Simone can you also email that recipe to me to please, thanks.

Got to go and pick DH up from work and do the food shopping on the way home.

hugs xoxo

i was pretty boring - whatever we eat he gets part of ( whilst learning different tastes of course only one basic vege at a time and avoiding the nono food groups until the right age)- with backup veges frozen in ice trays or bags or bananas and plain natural yogurt as my trusty backup - we did a lot of car travelling when DS#1 first started solids though so there were also lots of tins in there as nothing else was practical

hopefully if samuel holds out long enough bananas will be back at a more reasonable price once he starts solids

which reminds me will have to track down the latest on what foods when if we don't start until 6mths - I'm purely holding off this time cause Samuels skin is highly sensitive (excema and icthiosis already) which benjamins wasn't so am concerned about him possibly having a higher risk of allergies (Samuel's a lot like his cousin skin and health wise and she has a nut allergy and other allergies) plus we are going overseas and if he's not wanting by then it would be much easier to not have to carry food and the associated trappings. Samuels also showing no interest yet unlike Benjamin who was doing the baby bird thing well before 4 months.
    Last edited by jaspen; October 18th, 2006 at 04:46 PM. Reason: expensive bananas

littlerigger Guest

jaspen, I found these awesome things on ebay that are ice cube trays but each cube has it's own lid!!! so you can chuck them in the cooler bag to take with you. once the lady in the ACT selling them gets back to me, I'm getting some!!!

Hi girls, not sure if it is wise to try to start a revolution in here while we are all feeling the difficulty of our lives but we are all suffering from something blokes never get. It's called "wifehood". To quote from "The Meaning of Wife" by Anne Kingston:

"Legislation has freed individual women from the shackles traditionally associated with the role of wife. Yet the need for the wife has not been removed from corporate, economic and political infrastructures. It is as if the wife has been left by the roadside(circa 1965), her important, if invisible, social and economic contributions marginalised. Women assume they have been freed from wife, but wife hasn't been freed from women. Individual women may have been untethered from the wife role, but the structural need for a wife remains entrenched in the culture; and this, in turn, remains tethered to women like an invisible anchor."
    Last edited by Roryrory; October 18th, 2006 at 05:10 PM.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast