Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in June 2006 #14

Candy-could you please pass on that recipe to Amanda? I wrote it out from memory, and it took me ages... Everyone's welcome to it, it tastes so good i used to eat it too!!! I buy the take and toss containers, cheapie shops have them (like here in victoria, at the Warehouse or Reject Shop) but i dont throw them away!! I just chuck a couple in there to go out with.

BBS, Dh wants me to pick him up from train station.

It certainly is Rory... and I don't want to resent it... I just want it ACKNOWLEDGED and appreciated... and I don't want to feel like I am "(betraying) my gender" (according to CJ Warren) by providing it... because it's not a huge sacrifice it's just what my family need... and my DH will happily take turns being the wife when i return to study (in part). What really annoys me are my peers who deny the role still exists... they pretend there isn't a need to be a non renumerated nuturer. There must be a hell of lot of confusion around as couples get together, have kids and look at each other saying "ok, who's going to nuture us now? Who do we pay? I don't wanna do it... society says i don't have to do it... you do it". Anyhow, as I said, i don't mind doing it but i want it's invisible need recognised and supported.

BTW Niall handled his immunisation needles very well... (put a price on that Economy: soothing one baby in pain... how much is that worth?)

I'm with you, Bath - if you choose it, why is that a betrayal to our sex? The choice is still barbed - choose to work or nurture, but if you choose to work then you need to work through the guilt and find the funds! Choose to nurture and you still need to justify yourself by what you contribute to society and still be totally undervalued - as a ROLE, not a person, but you know what I mean. I love how the Scandinavian countries give SAHM's heaps of credit, including by way of social welfare acknowledgment of what they do. Australia offers many opportunities that other countries can't, but having a family is not as rewarding as it is encouraged! Back to hanging up washing LOL

*Kristee* Guest

Hey Girls,
    Well lets see whats happened today....oh yes how could i forget Tarleha decided that she wasn't going to bed (only just gone down) for 5 hours and at the end was sceaming and squeeling, anyone would of thought i was killing her.
    Have to ring the doctor tonight and hopefully i will get the rest of my results back. I'm sick of waiting i want to know what is going on with my body.
    Last night i had the biggest fright/shock in my life....the condom broke :eek: i just hope in a way my hormones are to ****ed up for me to fall pregnant.
    Thanks for all the advice on the nappy rash creams i will definetly invest in some. I have Bepanthen here but it is just the ointment so will have to check the other one out.
    So many choices from you girls i will have to decide which one to try first.
    Simone don't wish for Anneliese to start teething to soon. It can become very frustrating and upsetting not just for them but for us mummies to as the turn into just such big sooks and there is only teething gel to try and make them feel better.
    Nic i associate smoking mainly while on the phone I can't givve up talking on the phone so i will just have to try and figure something out...i don't know how sucking on chuppa chups would go while trying to speak.
    Ali i totally understand the pain of putting your back out it is a regular occurence for me...hope it gets better quickly for you. I must admit my back has gotten worse since having Tarleha.
    Neeny i am glad to hear that Aleise is getting better with her wheezing must be such a big relief for you. Yeah my friend enjoys hurting people i think...what if one found out about another??? I agree that she is being a sleep around and she comes running to me and is all upset when someone has called her a **** or something else along those lines...it doesn't matter what i tell her she is always right!!
    I had the same thing happen the other night (except it was boobies) when i put Tee in the bath with me she looked at my private parts and then looked at her own and had this confused look on her face i actually found it quite amusing
    Oh and tell you MIL that if she wants something like that for that price she can but it herself!
    Jess i have just recently (couple of months ago) signed up for mystery shopping it will be interesting when and if and what i could get assigned. Great to hear that Patrick is smiling and laughing at every one. Tarleha is like that and it just puts a big smile on my face when she does it.
    Jaspen i am sorry to hear that you are that upset. I am sure you are a fantastic mother, and what would that old guy no anyway!! i won't get started on this issue because i will be here all night. Just hope you start to feel better soon.
    CeeCee i know how hard it is to watch when your little one has hurt themself, but try not to blame yourself (coming from someone who thinks everything is their fault.
    Nickers it is so nicee when complete strangers offer a helping hand...although i do think it is sad that we get excited over it, no body wants to help anybody these days. Don't worry to much about nixon being stiff....about the feet in mouth thing well even Tarleha is not that good at that...but she can sit like a froggy. I'm sure everything will sort itself out in time.
    I started Tarleha on solids when she was 3.5mnths due to medical condition plus she was pulling food off my plate and eating it so she was definately ready.
    Bathsheba glad to hear that Niall's immunisations went well i have that to look forward to on Friday...and i can't offer a boob to help settle her
    Anyway had better go and am peeved off now as its 5:51 and DF is still not home and he finishes work at 4

Cee_Cee99 Guest

wow, you guys are mamoth posters, I've used all my time reading... will post tomorrow - think I need to return my Zoo pillow - not really working out for me.. lots of girls on BB love them? does anyone else have one? maybe I'm not using it right?
    Candy - yes, I remember your fall, even told DH about it - I thought I was safe as she can't roll yet - but apparently she can "leap".
    quickly: re: acknowledgment: I think that is why mothers are 'brothers in arms' we acknowledge each other's sacrafice. Heres to us!
    now, must go make dinner!

OMG Spicks and Specks was funny tonight PML

Wade also said the funniest thing on the way home today... he saw a bird nearby on the footpath and pulled his hand away from mine... I said "Wade! Hold Mummy's hand!" ...and he said "No! I want to bovver it!" It took me a while to work out what he meant... but when i did I cracked up... he meant "I want to bother it" ...I'm always telling him to stop bothering Verity LOL

ah dear... "time for bed said Zebedee".

hahaha Bath Thats funny! Ahhh Wade is such a character.
    Yeah bed time for me to, DH is working (dixie chicks playing tonight) so wont be home till 3-4am. i never sleep properly when he is out working i think i hear every squeak,creak & bird fart until he is home!

Dixie Chicks! I LOVE them!
    DP is home again.
    Well, I've bought more coloured terry nappies (I was going to anyway, but Kmart only had coloured terries left so I couldn't also get the white ones, bugger it!), and I found snappis there, too. My mission now is to obtain a bucket load of nappy covers, but also I'm going to see about making some - I was on the Weewuns website and they have patterns for sale, might see about getting that, as well as some super dooper fleece they have for sale, too. I love Oscar's bum in coloured nappies!
    I've gone blank and there were some personals I was going to do. I'm a bit tired, so I might not fight it and get myself to bed...right after I've had a bit of a look in eBay...

Morning all...

No personals this morning guys, Between Xander getting up to go for wees (first night in jocks) Declan falling out of bed (second night out of his cot) and Anneliese waking up (growth spurt, constantly feeding) i can barely see straight, let alone think up things to write. I will lurk and post as the day goes on

ps i love dc too, my fav songs are either travelling soldier or goodbye earl.

littlerigger Guest

the recipe has been forwarded Simone

Good morning Junies,

Hiya Simone, sounds like Xander did well not wetting the bed though? Wade can only manage day time naps with out a nappy although once I forgot to put one on him at night and he woke up dry! But I wouldn't risk it too often just yet... though it won't be long... maybe when summer really sets in and washing sheets every day is a bit more managable.

Well I'm feeling more positive today... had a great sleep... Niall slept from 7.30pm to 3.20am! I woke up for his feed feeling quite alert and rested.... so did DH who joked that he could almost go to work and finish early at 2pm LOL Niall had a temperature from his needles but he was sooo calm about it... he just fed, had a bit of a look around then drifted back off to sleep. I didn't even need to give him Panadol... I'd estimate his temp was about 38/39'C and I planned to give him Panadol if he became unsettled but he didn't so that's one less dose his little kidney's have to process. He is almost back to normal now.

I've been wandering around the house singing "one mess at a time, sweet jesus" don't know if many of you will recognise the tune to "one day at a time" LOL but it's kinda cheering me up... this place is a total pig stye! Looking forward to hanging the clothes out though...

better get on with it... Hope your DH wasn't too late home Nic...

actually he didnt get in until 4.20am thismorning. i woke when he came to bed but surprisingly i had a pretty good sleep b4 that.
    Nixon slept the whole night without even having to go in and fix him up. (since being in the big cot he seems to wake up & need help but easily settled)
    so DH is still sleeping now. i accidently woke him about an hr ago when i was cleaning the kitchen bench, moved something and this spider came running out! i screamed like a baby "ahhhh spider, spider Trent get the spider!"
    i found a smaller one a few days ago and was telling him i wanna get the house sprayed.
    hehe i laughed after i did it but with the smaller one i grabbed half a roll of dunny paper to catch it with and had the quickest hand movement from squishing to toilet to flushing!!

Thanks for that candy

I know the feeling about having a messy house bath, i have to get the kids ready, go out and pay bills/buy food (with 3 sml children-yuk!) and clean my entire house! The kids spilt a bottle of straight cordial (my stash!) in the lounge (have nooooo idea how it even got in there!!) and they traisped it thru the house, leaving sticky marks all over my nicely polished wooden floors grrr so i also have to mop the whole house when i only did it the other day.

On the other hand. DHS called to let me know they have organised childcare for 13 weeks, and to expect a call letting me know when i can start TODAY!! So i'll finally know when i get to have some me time, and spend some time with Anneliese, as i only get to hold her when im feeding her, the boys are just so full on. I'm putting the boys in 3 full days a week (prolly 9-4) and Anneliese in one full day and one half day. Im lucky the centre is around the corner, i can walk the kids down there. And maybe i can finally unpack everything (we've been here 5 months!!), do my shopping in less than 2-3 hours (trying to grab the boys!!) and spend some time getting to know my little princess

Nic, what doe your DH do at the concerts? My DH used to pack and unpack the stuff they drag around and set up, he worked for Gigpower. the last one he did was Korn, it was ages ago...

ETA Nic-we've had heaps of spiders here lately, we killed 2 in our bedroom last night. DH has found a couple of white tails around, im hoping i find them before they find the kids....

YAY this is my 1000 post!!
    Last edited by simone; October 19th, 2006 at 10:35 AM.

I'm a bit like you this morning bath except mine is one pile at a time!!!! I have a GF and her 23mth old little boy coming tomorrow for the weekend - he is a great kid but into everything so will have to put everything I don't want touched/broken away (these are all things that shouldn't be out in the first place so its just forcing me to do what I having been putting off until another day - today must be that day). Must go find Ben's pencils and put them out of reach (it seems GFs boy has this thing for writing implements and walls - something which doesn't sit well with me at all in my rental house)

thanks for all the reassurances yesterday ladies - it was one of those days - today, since DH and DS#1 left for the day, has improved immensely although I think it'll take me to get past this weekend before I feel completely bright and sparky again as i have the ILs coming again this weekend so I should be in a fine mood by Monday - the plus of having GF here to help me maintain my sanity will be great though.
    Last edited by jaspen; October 19th, 2006 at 11:00 AM.

whoo hoo on your 1000th post!
    I will ask dh if he knows that company. he basically does freight forwarding & organises Bands equiptment in and out of the country. So he will have to be there at the end of a show to co-ordinate all the gear (doesnt actually pack it up himself but sometimes gets in there helping anyway) make sure it all gets on the right trucks then gets on the right planes/sea freight which ever way it may be travelling. (there is usally not alot of time between state to state & even the next country)Its a pretty full on job, but he loves music (not specifically dixie chicks!) he still does his normal 9-5work in the office then has to also b there when someone plays, he has just gone to work now.
    Big upcoming bands he is doing are Billy Joel,Kylie, Sir Elton, Robby, i'll hopefully be going to a few (perks gets vip tix!) now its not just a matter of deciding if i wanna go i gotta find someone to look after Nixon. (had i known about dc earlier then yest i would have tried to go)
    awesome shows I have seen in the past have been Metallica (Fav), Pink, RHCP,Foo Fighters,Pearl Jam,Blink 182, BDO,Falls Festival, (so u can see what type of music we both like!)

Jaspen: hey you're close to your 1000th post too! And don't worry if the number of posts go down... the mods sometimes do a cleanup of the forum which mean most of us lose them at one point or another.

I don't want to be a "teenrager" anymore... look forward to becoming an "adult" LOL

Hey if you really get stuck Nic you can always drop Nixon off here on your way into the city (well it's kinda on your way).

Lovin' the weather... my favourite temp range: 13'C - 23'C

Cee_Cee99 Guest

hi gals,
    so I'm a bit more chirpy today - I hope the rest of you who were down are also feeling a tad better. (like you Baths I had a good sleep - it makes teh world of difference!)

Nickers - my DH also often works late (he is a DJ - so also music mad) and I can't sleep till he is home safe and sound which can be as late at 5am...I also get perks, however no longer that keen to go out clubbing.

Spiders: they seemed to have hatched in my yard as every single clothes peg had a spider in it today... I HATE spiders but refuse to spray... I made DH catch them and release them - I know, I know... I sound like a high maintance wife - but I'm not - really!!!!

Simone - I'm so gald your care has started, I agree, it will be great for you to spend time getting to know your little girl. Must be so hard with older boys.

IK - now you have terries, try the new fold again with the snappies. If you want to use the nice covers, you will need this type of fold as they will not fit with the triangle fold. I received my covers from "cleverpants".. they are UNREAL. I think they are good value for $18 as they last for two kids, for one year of their lives. So much work goes into them and they fit like a glove - we also had a very very pooey nappy the other day and they caught every last bit, which was good as baby girl was on my very expensive sofa! Anyway, I only bought two, so if they are both in the wash then I use teh PVC covers or disposables, but I may take them to Mum's house at Xmas, she is a wizz on the machine.

well, going to go clean the house - I must be feeling better.

Well hello everyone!

Must try to make this quick as Aleise looks bored in her baby rocker at my left foot.
    She isn't at daycare today as she's still sick and whilst her immune system isn't at its peak I think it best to keep her home. PIty we still pay though - which I think sucks!

Ceecee: Aleise had a fall on Tuesday that was my fault. I unclipped her baby rocker (without thinking) and walked into the kitchen to get her bottle from the microwave I then heard a "thud" and looked over to see her face down on the floorboards. I FREAKED OUT! I raced over and cuddled her. She only cried for like a minute then settled down to her bottle. So, you see we all have accidents from time to time so don't feel bad!

IK: I've got two nappy covers I was going to give to Vinnies - I got them in a big bag of 2nd hand clothes when I bought Aleise's bassinette from Ebay. If you want them I can post it to your hubby's workplace - if you don't want me to know where you live - but I'm too far away to stalk you! hehe!

Candy: Don't feel guilty about starting Ryan on Solids - you're his mum and you know best! I think some of these Healthcare nurses are stuck in a rut where one rule fits all! I would like to start Aleise on solids too as she's watching us when we eat. Will ask the doc first though. She will be 5 months soon so I don't see the harm.

KL: LOL at Tarhlea's observation of your private parts! She is a cluey little thing!

WEll kinda bored here at home today on what should be my "freedom" day. Its a lovely day here in Brisvegas so I might go for a walk later. Matt has tomorrow off and I'm going to the hairdressers to get my hair coloured again. BAck to work next week and not looking forward to early starts. I will have to make sure Matt drops Aleise off at daycare on Thursday without getting to work late! He starts at 10am.

Nothing else to say - Aleise is cranky now so gotta go.

Later!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast