Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #15

Okay girls.

It is a brand new day. Lets put everything into the past where it belongs and start afresh this morning

If you have any other issues please feel free to contact any moderator personally, or discusss it away from the forum with the person you have the issue with as IK and Neeny have done.

Love to you all.

Well, turns out Neenny and I weren't the ones with the issue, really,(things got a bit heated, but oddly enough, not between us!) so all is well
    It's nice to have rain...and the washing done!
    Hopefully Oscar feeds back to sleep now so that I can wash my hair...
    how's everyone elses day shaping up?
    Keep forgetting to say - welcome back Jess!!
    Last edited by Smoke Jaguar; October 25th, 2006 at 09:00 AM.

Morning ladies

Im glad we have sorted all that [email protected] out and can go back to supporting each other

Had a sleepless night here, the boys (now sharing a room) wouldnt settle until nearly 11pm, then Anneliese got up at 12 and 3 for her feeds, then by the time i got her to sleep after her 3am feed, (about 4am) Declan woke up (i think he fell about of bed) and wouldnt go back to sleep. I ended up getting no more sleep, and had to get up at 6.30 and take DH to the train station.

IK-i know what you mean, its nice to be able to relax, knowing that all i have to do is clean up after the boys when they trash my poor house again... I ended up doing 9 loads of washing yesterday, DH uses a different towel to dry himself everymorning, and stacks a new one onto the pile on the floor. Never picks them up grrr... 3 of those loads were just towels!

Im looking at relaxing, i have one of those god awful headaches behind my eyes and my forehead, and its just p1ssing me off...

How is everyone today?

Christy - have a great birth! I hope you find the HypnoBirthing as instrumental as I did
    Jess - good one with the chooks - a happy hen makes tastier eggs! Can't wait to have our own food one day (chooks, goats, cows, piggies, veggie patch, orcahrd) - Sara must be working on all of these things at her farm. So sorry to read about the real estate agent's caper with you - prejudice is a rot in the brain and it never makes sense. And, yes, you are very articulate, not like caravan folk at all Just kidding!! Sheesh, I'll be taken to the EOC one of these days!
    Rory - well put, yesterday, by the way. Cee Cee is right, you don't have to parent the same way to get along (or I'd have only my ABA friends! Not that it would be a bad thing, but I've got heaps more mummy friends under my belt ). I believe that most of us put a lot of thought into our posts and write from a caring place within ourselves and not from hotheadedness. I believe that the reason we do get along well is because we have been able to have animated debates but retain a level of respect for one another. Everyone deserves respect by virtue of being human and having feelings - basic empathy, really. That said, I find it easier to be empathetic and others can't get there, so sympathy will suffice!
    Daylight savings is nearly here, East Coast girls! Woo Hoo! And how lovely was Melbourne, last night? Was so balmy out Lilydale way, where I was. Such a nice drive home.
    I guess I have nappies to fold today...
    Shower first before Oscar wakes (nearly couldn't pull myself away from him as he did his periodic sucking, with an adorable hand on my boob and the other stretched out above his head, in blissful sleep). What a cherub. I'm gushing again. DP would roll his eyes!

Cee_Cee99 Guest

Christy -
    ...I am about to go & give birth now so if you have anything you want done or need someone looking out for please email one of the other mods on the front page. Thank you!
    WOW - how exciting, we hope as is well for you - can't wait to read that all is well... remember girls, 4 months ago that was us! Haven't we all come along way!

Simone - ouch, I get those headaches when I'm overtired, which sonds like you could be after your rough night!

Baths - OMG, you use pins? Not snappies? Have you tried snappies? They are fantastic? I put a photo of Ally on her website with her new strawberry covers from Cleverpants - they are super cute. What covers do you use?

IK - what covers are you using? Are you still thinking of making some?

Nenny - great post, thankyou..we all love your involement in this forum.

Rory - you are my sunshine... that is so cute

Yawn - tad tired, after the previous nights great sleep (one feed at 3am only), last nights feeds at 10.30,12.30,2.30am, 4am, then awake at 5am was a bit of a shock. Thank God DH takes her from 5.30 onwards.. At 5.31 I wake DH up and say "your turn", then thankfully roll over and sleep till 7.30am. I don't know how single Mum's cope. I have so much respect for them.

Well, no plans today, it is 30 degrees today in Sydney, may do some washing and take dog for a walk..Yawn, tad boring...

Ok Girls help me out here, I am trying to pack for a week away in Bali........what am I am going kick myself for if I forget, any ideas.........even if it is the obvious, thats what I am most likely to forget!

bathers? mum said never to pack to many clothes, you can always buy them dirt cheap over there. save more room for shopping

ETA: Oh sorry to steal your thunder Ali! Let me think: Bali in November with a baby....

Well I've just found out we're going to NZ (South Island) next month. As further reward for being ranked in the top 12 DH has been invited to a conference. it's only been verbal at this stage. The head of Private Banking rang him first thing this morning to congratulate him. He also said the "all expenses paid" applied to me too... and Niall will be able to join us too. Wade and Verity will unfortunately have to stay with a friend or family... not sure how that's going to work yet... it'll only be for 2/3 days. DH is really excited but I'm not yet... I'm thinking of too many issues... first we need to arrange a passport for Niall.

Needless to say I'm not "on strike" anymore. DH actually came home last night, apologised and rolled his sleeves up saying "ok, what do you need done?". So that's sorted.

Rory: I forgot to say that I sang that song to Wade when he was a tiny bubba in my rocking chair during his unsettled afternoons. Niall doesn't seem to have these but I'll probably end up singing to him eventually... lovely little tune hey?

Jess: Oh I'd love to have chooks... a pair of Bantams would be lovely! My Mum's family had farms with poultry so we never had to buy eggs. I'm sure we'll have some chickens someday...

CeeCee: yeah... I think I had a Snappi thing but as I said with flannel nappies they don't work. I don't mind using pins... they appeal to my 'old fashioned' preferences. I use Snibs for covers with a terry training pant over the top. Worked for all three kids until they start toddling fast/climbing etc when the whole setup becomes a bit too loose too quickly. I'm not going to buy any more fabric nappy paraphrenalia... wouldn't be cost effective at this stage... will just make do with what I have. Actually I might buy another set of three pins as I'm down to 2 and one's becoming a bit bent... but it has lasted since Verity was first born!!!

OK...ABC kids is over and this is prime "naughty" time for Wade... yep... here he goes... tipping out the pencil tin...

Nice of DH to apologise bath... Funny how fast they back pedal sometimes huh?
    One this i've alwasy been curious about is how did you come up with your username? When we went to the restaurant club dinner in july, i acutally thought your name was bathsheba, as everyone called your 'bath'... now i know better lol

LOL Bathsheba has been my online "name" since 1997 when we first got our home internet connection. I've used it for all the chat rooms/forums/ registrations that I've been a part of. I guess I chose it because one of favourite bands at the time had recently released (or I had recently acquired) an album with a song about a biblical chick called "Bathsheba".. it was my favourite song on the album. The biblical woman was actually a real wh*re LOL, very unfaithful to her husband Uriah who she shafted big time. Sooo as a constant reminder NOT to betray my husband in those flirty chatrooms this name had a kinda added meaning for me. Also, because it's unusual I usually find that the name is available when i want to register for something... unlike my DH who's online name is Pippin (from Lord of The Rings which he has loved for years, before it became popluar)... he usually has to add numbers on the end because it's a more popluar username... if that makes any sense LOL Plus I like how it can be shortened to "Bath" or "Shebes" as I've been known in other forums.

Just rang my sis to ask if she would like to come down to mind Wade and Verity... all expenses paid LOL as we have heaps of Qantas FF points. Of course she'd bring her baby... she said she's very tempted to say "yes" but needs to run it past her DH... who I fear might thwart her as he isn't very "hands on" with the kids Oh well... there's still a few more options...

ETA: oh I forgot to add that the band was The Pixies and the album was called "Dolittle" (as in Dr. Dolittle)

Yay, NZ! Good one, Bath! Have you been before? My first time was 3 years ago and it was the south island, too. We caught the ski season and had a great time. I think you might like Christchurch I can't wait for our Nth Island trip over Christmas. You can fastrack a passport application for kiddies (well, for adults, too, if the trip is within two months of the application), so you should be ok. Maybe you could take a sling instead of your pram. ORI have that stroller my dad scored that I cleaned up - very light, compact and has a layback - would you like to take that? It will be much easier to travel with. We can do a mini meet and I take it in by train and take Oscar home in the HAB (like I did last time!!) and leave it with you? Or if you head up to the hills between now and then you can collect it here? You can always hire them over there, but this one's free and no-one's going to get a nose out of joint if something happens to it
    I don't mind using pins on my terries, either! It does feel a bit old-fashioned, and that's nice. I couldn't resist the lure of snappis, so I got some of those, and the snaps I have are good, too. The pins aren't going anywhere - they're great to keep in my nappy bag, and I think DP deals with them better than the snappis and the snaps. Good idea, too, to use the plastic tie pants under pants - I've got fluffies that just get damp, but I also have some side tie pants that are useless on their own...might start using them for when the nappy covers are all in the wash!

You guys are dragging me into the cloth nappy thing... i'm so curious to give it a go... Hmmm, just got paid abit extra for my FTB from centrelink, was being underpaid $224 in my bank account hat i wasnt expecting *YAY*!!! so i might start thingking about it, even for just during the day, Anneliese only wears one nappy over night anyway... What would i need to start myself off?
    (im not telling DH about the money, although he would want to put it into having a nice family day out, and i agree that would be nice, i have layby's to pay, things to do that this money will help with... am i awful for not tell him??)

Hey that's so kind of you to offer your stroller IK I might take my pram anyway especially if he is still sleeping in it... it will help him feel more "at home" I think. Still... undecided... we also have a spare 3 wheel jogger but he hasn't sat in that... might be too much of a change... once things get firmed up I might try him out in it.

Wade has just polished off half a can of beetroot wedges....

The kids are getting antsy (declan has been such a whinger today, even after i gave him a morning nap! think he'll have another one this arvo...) so i think i'll have to head out soon, take them out to the shops or something, just get out of the house... might go look at some stuff for Anneliese and my cloth nappy crusade... any good places any one recommends?

Yeah, come over here! LOL serious.... my house is totally trashed but I know you won't mind

lol bath. Im thinking about spending my precious $200 before DH finds out about it... start my cloth nappy crusade. Just trying to find out what i need before i start buying the whole store up...

Hey bath, you been to rugrats retreat in Epping before?? indoor play centre, cost me $5 to get Xander in, and they believed my SIL when she told them Declan was only 11m old (he's the size of a 2yo!!) we should do a meet like that soon... lt the kids play. When we went, wednesday morning, there was like 3 kids there.

There's a fantastic baby stuff store called Baby Bunting (they had a stall at the expo) near here... just a suggestion... maybe you should tell your DH... what if got wind of it down the track? Might come back and bite you on the bum if he does the same thing to you... just playing devil's advocate!

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast