Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #15

Nah, you're not a freak CeeCee LOL I'm the same... my fav. parts are hanging them out on the clothes line and refolding them for the nappy stacker LOL Oh and knowing that I'm saving a fortune too! Unfortunately I haven't been able to use that new fold because i use pins and they don't seem to work too well... and also because i have flannels the snappis don't work... but thanks for sharing anyhow

*Bath wraps arms around her Junies in a Group Hug!*

Thanks Bath

I was thinking about putting Anneliese in cloth nappies, but we havent got the money for the outlay at the moment... im barely buying food, let alone paying bills-so putting money away to buy cloth nappies and stuff would just be out of the q. I would like to do it for summer, as i'll change her nappy more anyway, it would be cheaper then...

Simone - (I know, I'm supposed to be outside in self-imposed exile), try eBay for cloth nappies - I just spent about $27 for 12 cloths that would have cost me about $35 in the shops and then the petrol to get there...not to mention the other things I would have bought just cos I was in the shop! I've been doing it slowly, cos otherwise, yeah, it ouches the hip pocket.
    There's another thread in BB where Cee Cee, Heaven, Bath and I would be known as 'nappy nerds'...too true, sad, but true...
    Put it this way (may have written it before), but using cloth mainly has paid for our end of year NZ trip
    Cee Cee - My DP frowns whenever I use disposables! Lucky I mainly use them at night, but I also take enough with me in my nappy bag in case we're out longer than the cloths will tide me over for. Funny that your DH will only use sposies! Two extremes - yours won't use cloth and mine calls me a 'bad mummy' when I use a sposie!

Ok I've been reading all thats gone on here this arvo and feel sorry that we have taken to hurting each other, even if it's unintentional, I think that alot of feelings have been hurt and we have lost a few of our close buddies and I'm sadden by that.

On other news, Wyatt and Cody have tonsilitis and the starts of a chest infection and Lochie had his 4 yr needles so we're a happy household. So the boys have antibiotics again and so does DH.

I really hope that Candy and Engima do decide not to leave, and that the rest of us can just get along. My group to everyone.

hugs xoxo

I bought heaps of terry nappies when Xander was born, but i used them all as spew rags, and he is nearly 3.5 now... they've all disappeared over the years. I lose everything, im such a dummy

This has all become a bit upsetting. When I saw our mod's comment that baby buddies was not the place for such a discussion I thought "oh but we all get along so well, we can handle this". Then I refreshed the page a few hours later and saw the fall out

Maybe we need to spend a bit more effort considering that, since this is a purely written medium, we need to be very sure that what we have typed is exactly what we mean. (while emoticons were invented in an attempt to reduce this problem, have they made us just a bit lazy?) This is particularly important with such emotionally charged topics such as those convered above. We can (and probably should) be a bit slapdash when discussing the weather or consistency and colour of bubba's poo (hey, its only poo!) but when these sort of topics arise - is it good enough for any of us (homestly no fingers being pointed here girls) to shoot off at the...keyboard in either an opening comment, or response to one (are there too many brackets here? ) without thinking very hard about how it could potentially be misconstrued? We can't see other peoples' expressions, body language, actual tone of voice etc. and just as, or more importantly, nor can they see ours. I suppose it shouldnt be that much of a surprise that this has become a train wreck so quickly.

Mothering (and fathering) is such a deeply personal issue - we are talking about the ones who mean the most to us, the ones we would die for and kill for (and I don't say that lightly - we all would). I have always looked on this forum fondly as a place where I can watch you share the love you all obviously have for your little ones while hearing different viewpoints and knowing this is a place I can come when I need support and reassurance. I truly hope this forum continues in that vein.

Cee_Cee99 Guest

here here Rory... funny thing for me is that my BF has two girls, she never BF (well tried it, hated it), could not fold a cloth nappy to save her life and my other BF is having an elective C. And then there is me, believer in BF, love affair with cloth and tried desperately to have a natural birth.. we all belive in different thing, yet it does not stop us from being friends. I think the world of them, and think that their parenting style suits them and they are/will be great parents and are wonderful people.

I learn so much from them as they are so different to me! we are all different, but we are all on BB because we love our babies and want to get the most out of this amazing time in our lives. Steps off soap box.

luv you guys!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the vote of confidence CeeCee

I just had a beautiful (almost AP, dare I say!) moment. Flynn had his immunisations today and he is a bit out of sorts. So before putting him to bed I cuddled him in the dark and sang "You are my Sunshine" (his lullabye, and the one my mother sang to me). Then I put him in his cot and he sighed, now he is "glugluging" to himself the way he does when he is calm and sleepy in bed. God I love him
    Last edited by Roryrory; October 25th, 2006 at 09:22 AM. Reason: i cant splell

Aurora well said. I think sometimes we react quicker in written form too, we don't listen to where the person is coming from but from where we are hearing it, does that make sense?

I myself have been attacked personally many times on BB especially when someone doesn't like a decision I've had to make as a mod, and I think its very important to remember that our reactions are just as important as what we post initially...

Now girls...I am about to go & give birth now so if you have anything you want done or need someone looking out for please email one of the other mods on the front page. Thank you!

*hugs* you are all doing a fantastic job. We do all parent differently as we all live differently.

OK, I am away from here for two days and I have returned to my"best friends" to find that two of my friends have left and one has been upset.
    I am going to have my say now and then I will leave it at that!
    My cousin is still BF'ing her child at 4 and honestly I think that it is ouchiee! I am still BF Pat but once he starts getting teeth I will be taking him off the breast!It's not because I am against the fact that some women do have the ability to breast feed, but in my own opinion, children who are BF at that age are only comfort feeding.What Neeny was stating is HER opinion and I was lead to believe that we were allowed to state our opinions. If pl have a problem in what I have said then so be it, that is my opinion and I'm sticking to it!

I'm still feeling a little deflated and sad to see as Jess said my best friends at each other, we have all shared so much of ourselves with each other over the last year or so, we are like family. You don't always get on well together but your family and need to stick together. I feel like you girls on here are my family, you listen to me whinging and celebrate all the happy times with each. I hope this will always be the case as I feel a real connection with you ladies.

Ok enough of the mushy stuff now.

hugs xoxo

I agree Amanda. To me you ladies are a part of MY family. I have been through so much on here and you ladies have always stuck by me. So, what say we all put our heads together and agree to let bygones be bygones!

Happy 5 mths to Patrick, I only just had a look at your ticker Jess.

hugs xoxo

Well then......Hi ladies!!

Is it safe to come in??? *ducking for cover*

Man you are some passionate women here!! So overall...How was everyones day??
    Mine was ok...just bummed round the house. Cooked my man a lovely lunch. Did a bit of washing and then bummed around a bit more.

The weather up here is Sunny North Queensland is quite pleasant i would say. A bit windy at times though. Good for drying the washing quickly however!!

Thanks Amanda...
    Yeah we are passionate about our kids and about our styles of parenting.Sara...but don't let that put you off from posting.

Just got an email from IK apologising which I didn't think was necessary. I meant to say I was offended by the 60 Minutes trailers - not by what was said.

I think a few people just get too carried away and serious and I agree that our forum isn't for that reason.

I must add something to this though...

[QUOTE=IK;482945]Neeny - "NO nutritional value in breastmilk" after 18 months...untrue! It may not be crucial to kids' development, but don't try to tell anyone straightfaced that breastmilk is just lolly water after a certain age because it is patently untrue! It's one thing to be sensitive around people who, for whatever reason, don't breastfeed, it is quite another to call extended breastfeeding 'totally gross'. I don't care that BFing doesn't mean much to you, but it is an important part of my parenting. I feel very liberated since my breasts became 'de-sexualised'! I am not a barnyard cow, my extended breastfeeding friends are not barnyard cows, thanks very much. We do not feel that way and we don't actually care if we offend you because the only explanation we owe is to ourselves and our children. I invite you to explore how you come to the conclusion, within yourself, that extended BFing is gross -what's gross about it? Why? How does it make you feel? Sure, you're entitled to your opinion, but on this forum, in this thread, was that comment really necessary?

Let's get one thing straight - I didn't mean ALL mothers who breast feed are barnyard cows - I referred to the lady in the 60 mins trailer who was surrounded by what looked like to be school age children. [/U] In my line of work I have come across disturbing child abuse cases where mothers where breastfeeding children over 2 (and doing other things) that's why "extended Breastfeeding" as you call it offends me. By the way IK, you are not extended Breastfeeding when Oscar is only 5 months. If you choose to go beyond 2 years that's entirely up to you!

I had a friend who BF her 3 yr old in front of me (years ago) and I was offended because it isn't the norm. Her justification (and I let it go) was because her kid was very sickly and it strengthened her immune system - whereas medical people have told me that the immune system is pretty much in place at 6 months.

I actually WAS disappointed I couldn't breast feed because of medication reasons and my doctors were hoping I didn't need the medication after birth - FYI Aleise breast feed from me fro 2.5 days for colostrum. I was planning to do it at least a month but my health was the problem.

All I can say please be careful ladies - we ALL have feelings and we are all human. I agree Bath - if for poverty reasons you need to continue BF then so be it.. after all millions living in Africa and INdia have to for that very reason - but that's really a whole other topic and like the Mod said this forum isn't the place for it. I really hope we can continue to be a friendly lot and not turn debates into a personal slinging match. I was only expressing my opinion at that women featured in the trailer and IN NO WAY DIRECTED IT AT ANYONE IN HERE!!

Let's all agree that 60 minutes is a crap show and maybe talk about the weather or something???

I will now try to read the rest of the posts and really hope I get some sleep tonight.

I'm back, typing one handed. Had a lovely night out with some CFA counselling folk (annual dinner) and a good boutique beer (OMG! Drinking and BFing!).
    Yep, I've been in contact with Neeny and apologised if she perceived an attack from my post. All is well.
    If Oscar wants to feed beyond 2 years, I'm not planning to kick him off. I really can't understand the offence, and I was born here and grew up here (not with Kalahari bushmen ), in public BFing, or in extended BFing. How come when I see my friend feed her 4 yo I see a really lovely gesture (yes, it's comfort sucking, but I don't see it as a bad thing - I can comfort someone, I think it's cool!)) and others see an offensive act? Weird, huh? Shows to go ya, horses for courses!
    Well, I'm glad we could mostly be mature about this episode and come out the other side
    Rory, love your bedtime story!
    Speaking of bedtime, Oscar and I need to bed down now...DP already in bed and its too warm for snuggling
    PS nappy free time in the backyard was just lovely! Pity about this forecast change tomorrow...

Good morning my Junies!
    Well, overcast here but seeing as the car is in the shop until 11am, I'll have to walk into town with DH and the three youngest!
    Planning to go shopping today so that will give me some time to try and put my head in perspective for when my local member rings me and tells me that because of my circumstances I can't get my "old" housing commission house back!
    As most of you would know I am living in a caravan, well a couple of months back we decided that we needed to get some chooks to lay some eggs as it was getting expensive relying on store bought eggs! This has worked and we have getting between 3-5 eggs per day....until now! The chooks now have a fascination with my couch in the annexe.....they want to lay their eggs there. Now I'm not sure why, but it seems like they are sick and tired of sitting in scratchy grass and have decided that the sodtness of the couch is better! So, the couch is now outside while we have bought the divan in to sit on...Yeah I know they are only chooks, but would you like to sit on the scratchy grass all day?
    Anyway, better get up and take my aunts keys up into the house. Pat is standing on my hip trying to bury his head into my shoulder....poor baby has asthma now!

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast