Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #18

LOL, Dee, isn't is strangely satisfying to see that the nasty girls from school, who were so smug in their coolness, just can't seem to move on from those times? I had that two years ago with my reunion. One of them was glaring at me all night and eyeing off DP, as if to say "what are YOU doing with that hunk?", so I just smugly ignored her all night, hee hee! Honestly, if you get to 30 and you consider that the best years of your life were in high school...well, it's sad that it never got better than that. You sound like you're travelling better, too, BTW
    DP and I definitely live simple - small TV that never gets watched anyway (therefore, you can assume we have no interest in pay TV), small house with huge backyard (Oscar's already got a taste for it, so summer, here we come!), two small old cars (one's an '88 model, the other is from the 60's and it's a VW), no dishwasher, no dryer - the gadgets we have are useful and they'd be our computers, coffee machine and sandwich press! I'm simplifying a simple life, but we're really quite happy with out simple life and have no wish to complicate it with big ticket items. DP wants to get rid of the TV, but I like to watch DVD's on it and do my yoga DVD's, even though my laptop plays them, too (but it's a 12 inch screen!).
    Bananas - DP thinks I've gone mad - I bought a bunch of 5 from Aldi cos they are the cheapest around here at $7-8 kg. But instead of buying chips as snacks, I bought nanas and celery - I'm being good...she says as she dips another cream cookie into her coffee...and had pancakes (the Irish way, with lemon and sugar) for lunch...
    Just comfort sucked Oscar to sleep, so I wonder how long I have!
    Gotta go make salad and other bits to go with the steak we're having for dinner, yum!

I just fixed up the link for my Bali photo's so it is going straight there now!

Ali - great photos. Having never been to Bali, its looks beautiful especially the room you stayed in. The last photo of Tori is gorgeous!

IK - coffee machine and sandwich press, I am with you there!! I love crepes with lemon and sugar. We have similiar tastes - scary!!!

Dee - enjoy Billy Joel on Wed. Reviews have been fantastic. Glad you enjoyed your high school reunion. Nasty girls always stay nasty and LOOK NASTY!!!!! Fingers crossed for your stay with Lachlan, hopefully they can give you some answers and help him sleep better for you.

Watching the ABBA thing, some of the celebrity singers are a bit crappy and can't sing too well and Bec Hewitt is awful as a presenter.

How great is this storm in melb? Had heaps of rain, lots of lightening, bring it on!!

Ooooh, lightning - better get a seat with a view for Oscar! I heard the thunder before and got excited. Mel, did you get the sunshowers? They were a bit sexy! We DO seem to have similar tastes, huh?
    BTW Oscar's starting to get a tooth through...would explain redness in his face yesterday and his intermittent crankiness (my happy boy! I hope he doesn't get too narky!)
    Steak was yum - perfectly cooked med rare by DP.
    Trying to tidy up the table so that I can get working on these muslin blankies I want to send to my sister who is officially due next Sunday. Would be so cool if she gave birth on Oscar's 5 month day.
    Gotta entertain this wriggly worm...

IK - no sunshowers here just pelting rain. It was so heavy and loud that I had to turn the TV up to hear it! It has no stopped but at least it rained heavy for a while. How exciting about Oscars tooth - they look even cuter when they cut those bottom 2 teeth. Hope he stays happy.

Bath and Simone - haven't heard from you guys today???

Nearly time for bed - thank god.

Dee- I went to Billy joel last night you will love it!!
    Also i will be in Engadine breifly this saturday but prob wont have time for a catch up as we are on in Syd for 2 days have to catch up with both families and go to an engagement party then off to brissy.
    but we'll be there again & i will let you know so hopefully we can catch up! and maybe in MIRANDA with CeeCee LOL!!

Morning ladies

A weird morning, weather wise!! But on the plus side my grass is looking greener already...

It looks like it will be just me and Anneliese at the meet on friday, the boys will be in daycare. Be nice to have a light pram (no toddler seat) and so tagalong running away every 5 mins!!

Well, spose i better clean my house so i can go see rory

mwah xx

Morning girls... DH unwell so I haven't been able to post... he's home from work today too.
    Feeling a little flat. Love the weather though... rain has always cheered me up.
    Niall slept really well last night... I had to wake him for his 3am feed , then he was happy to go straight back into his cot. He has outgrown his cradle now... so sleeps in his big cot. I'm still happy to co-sleep when he needs me though.

Better get dressed. Are you seeing Rory today Simone? Did I miss something?

Rain! I love it! Might even need the wood heater on...might have to butter up to DP...
    Oscar slept so well last night again. I put him down in the bassinette close to 11pm (having missed bath time) and did some cleaning up. He was still asleep at midnight, so I went into the room to take up a seat with my Harry Potter book...he finally woke at nearly 2am, I changed his nappy, took him to bed and he was asleep in no time. As you can guess, I hate waking him up (Bath, you're a monster - how could you rip Niall from his cherubic sleep ).
    Anyway, I'm hoping to start on these muslins today. I also have some overdue CD's from the local library that I must return today.
    Oscar is squawking, so must attend...

Bath - Rory called the other day asking if i wanted to have a cuppa today, we're meeting on Keilor Rd as my place is SHAMEFUL!! Im still coming on friday.

Loved the storm last night, just read quietly in bed, listening to the rain and thunder (we have roller shutters and they were closed so i couldnt see the lightening!!)

I have some big news... Anneliese slept through last night - i woke her at 6am as i was leaking... then she went back to sleep! She used to wake up at 4am, without fail, then it started getting later and later, 15 mins here and there, and now i get a full nights sleep!!

IK: yeah I don't generally wake him but I was painfully engorged and when I went past his cot on the way into the bathroom he moved a fraction so I took advantage of that.

Hey Simone I was going to post at some stage today that I'm going to have to pass on the meetup this Friday. Got some feelings to sort out. Don't want to go into it here. I hope that you all have a lovely day though and will keep my fingers crossed that the weather is nice if you choose to meet in the Bot Gardens.

I hope its nothing big Bath, im thinking of you and here to chat if you need someone to offload on. When the kids are asleep, do something for yourself for you

Well I'm sort of caught up on everything but not going to be able to do personals, but will endevour to do so later in the day.

We had not a bad time at my mums, we went to the beach a few times over the week which was nice, had some BBQ's by the water very nice and had a win on the Melbourne Cup. I won $53, I was so happy that I actually won something. The boys weren't always on their best behaviour, but it was nice just to have sometime away from the grind of everyday life. The only thing that I wasn't happy about is that DH and I seemed to be having a few more nit picking moments in front of my mum which I'm embarassed about.

I think thats about all for now will be on and off today trying to catch up on everything, doing washing in between and other household stuff.

hugs xoxo

Oh, Amanda! I hope your mum isn't like mine - mine would have stored it up for future ammunition, as if she is privy to how our relationship works (she likes to tell me I'm selfish in my relationship...I have no idea what this is based on, as I'm the one who takes up the communications slack, as well as the tidiness slack around here!). Anyway, I know it must be awkward to have your DH, who should be your ally, pick on you in front of other people. It's all you can do to maintain your dignity and sit on it
    Bath, we'll miss you, but if you feel you must opt out, then you must opt out
    I still think you're a monster. Nah, I do the same when I'm getting full - a slight twitch all of a sudden means he's famished and he must be taken from his bed for an immediate feed!
    Good one, Anneliese! Giving mummy an extra sleep, good girl!

hey guys,

Well its 12.30 and im still in my PJ's, i really cant be bothered to get changed today but i know i will soon, its always when you are looking daggy and half asleep that someone will pop in!

Simone - Sooooooo very jelous of anneliese sleeping through. Lachlan was up every two hours last night!!

Amanda - glad you had a good time at your mums, i too had a win on the cup $46!!

Bath - You sound a bit down, i hope everything is ok, please dont hesitate to share your probs here with us, we do it enough and you are always there for us. Take care of yourself and dont forget that we are here for you if you need it!

IK - DF and i live pretty simply these days too, we really dont need much to keep us going, no fancy cars etc!

Nickers - I am heading off to a wedding this saturday anyway but do let me know when you are up and we will definitely catch up and MIRANDA sounds great, how about it CeeCee??

Karen - You are in Sydney too arent you? Where abouts are you??

Well im not doing much at all today, ill be heading back up to sydney on wednesday so im having a quiet couple of days at home. The weather is strange though, yesterday i didnt do any washing cause it was rainy but then turned sunny when it was too late to put a load on, so today i get up and do a massive load of washing as its sunny outside and i no sooner finish hanging it out and i hear THUNDER!!! yep, its raining now!!

IK nah she won't use it as ammo, but she keeps asking if everythings alright, which makes it worse, but I started biting backafter a while so I guess I'm to blame as well.

hugs xoxo

IK - i woke Anneliese up at 6am as i woke up in a pool of breastmilk eewwww... she only fed on one side before she went to bed last night, so one side was engorged and one was nicely full

Bath - Anneliese grew out of her cradles ages ago, ours is quite small, and anneliese always seemed to roll!! i ended up keeping her in place with blankets!

Anyone still wrapping their babies to put them to bed?? Allie wont sleep unless she's wrapped tightly, with another blanket over her

Sorry dee, posted at the same time!! i will give you some of allie sleepy vibes, im really hoping lachlan settle down for you... anneliese used to be up every 1/2 hour to hour AT NIGHT FOR ABOUT A MONTH, I WAS GOING CRAZY... sorry about caps, dont have time to redo... see ya's later
    Last edited by simone; November 13th, 2006 at 11:43 AM.

Hi guys,

What wild weather Melb is having. Chelsea had swimming this morning and it was only 15 outside and so blowy. Trying to run into the swim centre with a capsule, bags, Chelsea etc while getting rained on was fun!!!

Simone - great news about Anneliese, it's amazing what a good nights sleep can do for you! Marley is still being wrapped, tried leaving her slightly unwrapped a few times and it just doesn't work. I am happy to get wrapping her, especially as it has been a bit chilly.

Dee - nothing wrong with being in PJ's all day. When the weather is crappy, it's hard to get motivated to get dressed. I did that yesterday and Chelsea wasn't dressed for a while either!

Bath - hope everything is OK. I will hopefully get to meet you another time! Take care of yourself.

IK - love Harry Potter. They are playing the movies on TV over the next few weeks. Are you still on to meet Wed?

Marley has just woken for her feed, so will pop back later. Sun is now out!

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast