Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #20

Thanks girls. DH and i had an arguement before, i told him that i hass "passed" what was my baby today, and i broke down. I told him exactly how i felt about everything, that i DO feel like a single parent (essentially i am, we arent living together, and the children are in my care fulltime) and i want some more care and support, not just him wanting to come round to hop into bed with me. Im just so run down, and i just want to cry... but i have no time, not with 3 sick children, and trying to take care of myself. Its really hard trying to come to terms with what happened, (Thats why i was a little quiet at yesterdays meet, i was cramping, but i didnt want to sit at home dwelling - there's nothing i can do about it.)

Last edited by simone; November 25th, 2006 at 07:22 PM.

Thanks for all your support girls, you guys keep me going

Aw Simone, big hugs to you You really sound like you need a break - if I can I will head over Tuesday and kid-wrangle, if you like, so you can get a sleep or go for a walk? How did DH react - has he stepped up to the plate? I wonder if he could do with a little positive mentoring? Maybe you two and the kids should come over for a BBQ and the boys can talk cars and babies? (Is your DH a ford or a holden man - mine is nominally a ford man but is "man enough" to buy a holden when it is more appropriate). Maybe if your DH sees my DH in action he will see it can be fun/rewarding?

Simone, you are seriously a great mum - I completely second what Mel said. It's almost like you have done every positive parenting course in the book - you are so good with your kids!

Jess, is there any way you can rent privately up your way, or is it just too exxy? You poor thing in the heat today - I was thinking about you when we saw the temps. We were in Broadford this arvo and Flynn was really manky and not himself because of the heat - and that was just for a short while.

IK and Bath, I not only voted Greens, I handed out voting cards for em!:nana: IK, funny your comment about putting your family first - I was thinking the same thing!!

better go MIL on phone - will talk for at least an hour.......

Whoa... remember I posted recently about buying all the ingredients to start learning how to make martinis? Well I made my first one tonight, olive and all, and it's gone straight to my head! Lucky both boys went straight to sleep tonight, no fuss. Just finishing watching the end of the vote count... a few 'nail biter' marginal seats to go but the ALP is back... and at least our public health system is safe and our public transport system won't be stuffed up any more than it was since Kennett.

Oh and I was was out most of the day Chrissy shopping in the city (I went back to Myer and bought a Royal Doulton Bunnykins bowl and spoon for Niall's first meal next month... might wait until Christmas day!). Bought my Secret Santa gift too.

Will be having a relaxing day at home tomorrow... off to bed soon... oh and I forgot to mention that last night Niall slept from 9.30pm to 8.43am!!! And I didn't wake up due to engorgement... felt like I dreampt all night too... may all our June babes sleep well tonight... nighty nite

IK - will have to try the Aldi Milo, I love cold milo. Thanks for the tip.

Jess - you poor thing, you must be so sick of the caravan! Government departments suck! They are hopeless, I hope you get your house sooner rather than later. Fingers crossed for you.

Simone - just want to give you big hugs in person . How did DH react to you after you let it out? Hopefully he understands just what pressure you are under. Don't cry, keep thinking about the positive things in your life and try to smile Makes you feel better. Rory's idea sounds like a good one, letting DH's chat and see that raising kids can be a fun experience. Good thinking Rory!

Rory - weather here in the burbs was pretty ordinary today. Good to see you did your bit for the state handing out cards LOL!!! Did you check out the Noosa houses?

Bath - your martini sounds good, glad it worked out well and you enjoyed it,they are pretty potent. You really wanted that Bunnykins set, glad you got and Niall will love eating from his new spoon. Well done Niall, what a great effort. You must have woken up and thought "what is going on". Hope you have a great relaxing day tomorrow and more good dreams tonight.

My night has been pretty quiet. Made pancakes with Chelsea tonight (she loves them) and I made them from scratch, not from the packet! My best friend from Qld called and we chatted for about 2 hours! Her poor bubba (first baby) has really bad reflux and is not settling well. She is off to paed on Friday and they may have to investigate her oesophagus (sp?) with a tube down her throat, poor thing. She is 4 months old and still requiring 3 hourly feedingand my poor friend is at her wits end. Its hard as I wish I could be there to help her (not that I think I could do much more). Might fly up for a quick visit soon.

DH is at work again tomorrow (I've not really seen him in 2 days, we keep missing each other) so I am taking Chelsea out for breakfast, she wants scrambled eggs and bacon (oh and a milkshake!).

Everyone have a great day tomorrow.

#karen# Guest

Sorry I haven't been around, Nathan hasn't been well this week (green gunky nose, conjunctivitis and occasional vomitting) still isn't 100% today either. Hope evryone is well. Haven't caught up on posts yet

Hi all,
    just popping in before I head off to the markets...
    Good one Rory on handing out the Greens cards! I was going to call them to help out but realised I'd be feeling a bit sorry for myself with my nose in a splint.
    Anyway, hope everyone has a nice Sunday, catch you all later!

Well Niall has just committed his first act of defiance.. he bit me hard whilst BFing. I squealed and then said "no!" firmly... then he smiled... so I cautiously reattached him... then "ouch!" he did it again, this time grinding his new tooth and gums! I said "no!" again firmly... by this time his eyes were very wide and he blinked in confusion... so I said "don't be cute". LOL In the end I decided to just keep him off for a while... he was getting toward the natural end of the feed anyhow. I'll never forget that particular little expression though: huge shocked eyes because mummy spoke firmly and lips small and shaped as if they were about to say the word "what?" Cheeky little pumpkin.

It's experiment time in my kitchen! I really want to make a huge batch of shortbread for Christmas (if you seal it in an air tight container it's nicer after a few weeks maturing). But I don't have the energy to do all the rubbing in of flour and butter then labourious kneading...so guess what.. bright idea: let's make it in the bread maker! You can set a cycle to just make dough... no heat... so in goes all the ingredients... it's doing it now... I'll let you know how it goes... I'm quietly optimistic!

What did you score at the markets IK? Perfect day for it!

Well, cheeky little monster, Niall! Sounds very much like the last time Oscar bit me...which was a while ago now, since I last yelped at him!
    Before I tell what I got at the market, I must share this. I just got home and put the boy on the floor on his mat. He isn't on it anymore...he has been doing his caterpillar crawl...interspersed with actual crawling! He is pushing himself up and getting on his knees and learning to shuffle them in time with the hand movements - not quite successful, but I just can't believe that he is doing this already, isn't this supposed to be months off???? Precocious little feral creature!
    Ok, so, at the market I got Oscar a little pair of hippie pants and a hippie beanie thing - I put the beanie on him just now, so he's a hippy precocious little feral creature...who has almost made it to the kitchen BTW.
    I bought a green singlet dress out of that same hippy dyed fabric for my niece for Christmas, and a similar beanie to Oscar's for myself. And a huge punnet of strawberries for $5 - score!
    I went to Anaconda and got DP a waterproof jacket (a steal at $100), and a couple of other bits and pieces he'll need for Challenge. Also, I got us a self-inflatable camping mat - no more hard ground! It's only a double, but I figure that if we need more length across, we can turn it around and our feet can hang off the edge, as long as our backs have the cushioning
    I should really tend to Oscar. What next, walking?? Ay! My life as I know it is now Constant Supervisor...

Not very impressed! We had our family photo shoot today and the photographer told me that he thought DH was my son!!!!!!!!!!! Do I honestly look 40?

I've only seen 2 piccys of you Jess: your tummy and a formal one of you and your DH... you look pretty young in that one... but it's so hard to tell... people rarely look like their piccys... What did the photographer say exactly? And what did you say back? LOL I wouldn't worry... I would have asked the photograpther how old HE was! LOL Oh and what did your DH say???

A woman my age at my DH's work was told how gorgeous her "grandchildren" were the other day!!! The were in photos on her desk... and they were her neice and nephew (she doesn't have any kids herself)... she almost broke into tears apparently.

Anyhow, you're only as old as you feel.... and to be quite honest I still feel the same as I did in my early 20's! Except maybe my ego isn't as fragile... LOL

The shortbread dough kinda worked... I still had to finish it off with a little kneading... but they are all cooling on the bench now... took 1/3 of the time... so I'd say it's was a successful experiement.

Ouch, Jess! Maybe it is just that your DH looks really young??

Bath, good work on the shortbreads.

Karen hope your little man is feeling better soon!

IK - WTG Oscar! Watch out IK - I crawled at 6m and was walking by 10m!! Thankfully Flynn is tall like his dad so hopefully won't be co-ordinated enough to be an early walker/mover.

Hope Simone is feeling better - will give her a call and report back......

Bit slow getting on today! Took Chelsea out for breakfast, then a bit of shopping. My aunty, uncle and 17 yo cousin came later afternoon and stayed for dinner. Poor cousin has been running around with Chelsea playing hide and seek, he doesn't have the heart to say no to her, so she ran him ragged LOL!!! Made the most delicious bread and butter pudding - YUM.

Bath - hope the shortbreads work, good idea using breadmaker! How did you fair after the bite? Hopefully he wont be doing it again, it must REALLY hurt! Having no idea how old you are Bath, you look fantastic!

IK - can't wait to see Oscar in his hippie gear,he'll look very cute. Can't believe he is on the move, you'll now have to watch were you put everything! Chelsea didn't start until 7 1/2 months but it was not very consistent. She then didn't walk until 13 months. That's when the fun really starts. Glad you got some bargains and enjoyed your day. Is your nose feeling back to normal?

Karen - hope Nathan feels better soon.

Jess - don't buy any photos off her LOL!! I hope you quickly told her otherwise.

Hope Simone is doing better today.

Ouch Bath. Nixon has been doing this to me for a few weeks now too.I notice its when he is getting toward the end of his feed so try to take him off before he muches down. I did the stern NO thing to and i get the biggest cheekiest grin.....
    Nixon's cough has gotten worse. I went and bought a vapourisor tonight, i figured it will come in handy for future so mose well give it a go.
    Its taken me a good hr to get im settled and sleeping again like last night.
    DH due home shortly but for tonight next few nights i cannot reley on him to help with nixon as he has been working rediculous hrs for the past week.

I hope Nathan gets better soon karen, its aweful when they are sick hey... this is Nixons first time he has been sick so quiet a shock to me.
    Jess- what did u say to that dumb photographer?
    Simone- hope you are going ok, am thinking of you.... im looking forward to seeing you on Sunday at the Austprem get together (providing Nixon is better)

Hey Ladies

I went out to Greenvale today, it was the Freemasons Chrissy Party (DH's grandfather and stepdad are members) and had fun. Still wasnt feeling that great, but everythings settling down now. Won a bottle of chardonnay in the raffle Played games (spit the dummy, rolling pin toss, egg and spoon race, sack race - i won none!!) and santa visited the kids. Also took the kids on a hay ride. very tired now, and a little sunburnt where i didnt put sunscreen on my shoulders properly. But a nice family day out. On the way home, DH hit a magpie (accidently, he thought it flew off, it went under the car) i made him go back, and he had broken its leg and wing. We were going to catch it and take it to a wildlife rescue officer, but its mum and dad were looking on, and swooped us, and we got pecked, so DH ended up putting it down. I cried my eyes out.

Im not going to do personals, im feeling very cry-ey (word?? i dont know...) tonight, dont know why... will be lurking for a little while.

Love to all

PS a big thanks to Rory for calling me earlier makes me feel loved to know that you were all thinking of me xx

Nic - poor Nixon. Hope he feels better soon. It's horrible when you know they are sick and the first time is the worst. Hope he sleeps well tonight.

Simone - sounds like a great day out and you all obviously had fun. Pity about the magpie though. Yah for the chardonnay! Cry-ey sounds like a good word to describe how you are feeling and you are allowed to feel emotional at the moment. Take care and a for you!

Well, girls, I'm conflicted. I should probably be happy that Oscar is getting so mobile (he's at it again as I type), but I just wanted to retain his babyhood for as long as possible and he is thwarting me! Yep, Rory, I walked at 10 months and I was hoping he would take after DP, as DP walked at well after 12 months. My mum's gonna laugh and say that justice has been served...LOL!
    Sorry that your nice day ended a little violently, Simone It sounds awful, but even if you'd made it to a wildlife rescue house the bird sounds like it wouldn't have made it. Birds rarely do, unfortunately. Your DH did the right thing by putting it out of its misery quickly. Sad, though, cos I like them currajongs, too. Also, you have a flurry of hormones trying to figure out what to do with themselves right now - go easy on yourself, please
    Mmmm, shortbread...I can make them! I've made them before, I'm sure I could replicate it - DP was only mentioning yesterday about how I don't bake! I'm on my way to inspiration...not quite there yet, but I'm sure in a couple of weeks I might even pick up a cookbook! Keep talking about it, Bath, and I'm sure to follow suit one of these days...
    Mel - I'll have to take some photos of my hippy Oscar. We were out tonight at a BBQ with friends and they loved his gumnut baby look
    Jess - I wouldn't even think about it too much, some people just open their mouths and they shouldn't. A friend of mine went for photos last week and was asked if her BF was her son...and she so doesn't look that old, and whilst he is young looking, he doesn't look school age! Some people just don't bother to think much before making a stupid assumption.
    Better save Oscar from himself...

Good morning Junies... going out this morning to do a bit more Chrissy shopping... hope everyone had relaxing weekends... Oh and Mel, I think I'm the oldest Junie, I turned 37 last July. I think Neeny is also my vintage. My DH just turned 40 but he doesn't look that old at all... senior management think he's some graduate LOL their eyes pop when he says he's been with the bank nearly 20 years! I think his grey hair looks great, he's only got a few flecks above his ears... he agrees that he needs to go a bit greyer to earn a bit of credibility at work... crazy isn't it!? Anyhow, given that I spend next to no money on maintaining my youthful looks (ROFL) I reckon I'm doing ok... so thanks for your comment Mel

Ok... gotta get dressed and hit the shops... well, in about 2 hours as that's how long it will take to get the boys and myself ready and tidy the kitchen and morning rush mess...

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast