Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #20

Oh, Kel, thanks for filling us in - can't have been easy to rehash all that You really are holding up really well...can't even really call it 'holding up' cos you're doing way more than that! My DP doesn't have a sentimental bone in his body, but I guess if I were a particularly romantic person I would have had serious words by now. Every once in a while I'd like to feel like a princess, but for the most part I'm happy with our little arrangement. When something is that important to you and you get no joy, then, yes, it's time to do something drastic to point out the discrepancy in values. The kids sound so easy! Mia did always seem like the biggest sweetie, though You're doing something right, obviously.
    DP has gone to a fire brigade comp today and I need to head up the road to vote. I'd like to walk but I'm not sure that it's a good idea - might get a runny nose, and I can't exactly wipe it like a normal person yet! And I don't want to walk up with a gauze under my nose. Vanity might prevail and I might drive up with Oscar...
    The AB's don't agree with him - I think they are irritating his belly, he hasn't woken up so often and fully in the night since he was tongue-tied! He was so clingy to me last night, it was pretty sweet. The previous night he was happy to sleep facing DP and holding his arm, but last night he wasn't happy till his arms were wrapped around mine. Very unusual!
    Must be off, I'm on my own for a while...

Morning girls,

Took Chelsea dancing this morning and had the best egg, bacon and cheese turkish bread and coffee - yum. Went to vote and got Chelsea to collect all the paper stuff as I had capsule in one hand and Chelsea holding the other! Glad thats over and done with.

Kel - your kids sound like a delight. I feel the same as you when you see/hear babies that are really screaming and sound miserable - I thank my lucky stars neither of my babies have ever been like that! The roses are a good sign and he sounds like he is trying - I hope things work out the way you want them. Try to keep smiling, it does help You must have felt so lucky being present at your friends birth. Having never really seen a baby being born (couldn't look down that far!!!), it must be amazing.

Nic - photos are beautiful. It's true, we all have such beautiful kids. Hope Nixon is feeling better today and his temp is down. The first time your baby is sick, its awful, you don't quite know what to do.

IK - the nose sounds like its on the mend. Wonder if you get any strange looks with your gauze on - surely they will know you've had surgery. They might think you've had a nose job LOL!!! Sounds like Oscar just wants his mummy, which I think they all do when they don't feel 100%. It's a great feeling to know they really need you.

Hope all Melb Junies have remembered to vote - nasty fine otherwise!!!

Off for some lunch, pop back later for updates. Have a good day everyone.

I walked up to the local polling booths, no gauze, just a tissue to catch any runny bits - can't really see anything, I can just feel it coming down the notstil and when I go to the mirror there is nothing to be seen! Met one person I know who I haven't seen in ages, so I had to explain to him. He also hadn't met Oscar (I see his parents all the time, they are in the brigade), so it was nice to see him.
    Yeah, Mel, it is nice to feel needed. He is not usually this sooky, so he is making sure I don't do too much - if he were his normal content self I'd be overexerting myself for sure!
    Kel - meant to say, that is ace about the birth. It's lovely that you were invited, especially as you've been there for them in their healing from their daughter's death. Yeah, vaginal birth sure does add another dimension to one's life experience!
    I think the Family First person gave me a miss today with the How to Vote cards thinking I was a single parent. Well, I AM putting my family first and voting Greens - the Libs must really be worried about the Greens to be disseminating the kind of tripe and muck I got in my letter box the other day.
    Well, if Oscar falls asleep now I think I'll follow suit...

Hi ladies!

Sorry to hear Kel you've been through a rough patch lately. Nice of Rowan to send you flowers so that is a start and 10 roses wouldn't be cheap with the draught and all!
    My hubby can be a pain at times and gave me crap this morning about getting back from they hypermarket late (he had to drive a long way to Channel 9 studios for temptation audition and testing). I told him it wasn't my fault there were heaps of people there and I needed medicine - got another chest cold! He then proceeds to iron up a shirt and I screemed at him that he wouldn't get there in 30 mins so he'd better go with unironed shirt plus he had to get fuel on the way. Well haven't heard anything so they either let him in late or told him to wait around for the next session.
    Although he helps with Aleise sometimes he can be clueless like not taking her warm clothes off when it warms up during the day or opening her bedroom windows... oh well men are the weaker sex after all!

Amanda and Nic: love the photos and glad you enjoyed yourselves.

Mel: yeah Aleise loves daycare and the ladies are looking forward to her going on Tuesdays too next year once uni starts (beginning of March). LOL at the story about Chelsea and giving Santa a wide berth for clothes!

Update: Xmas party last night was good but I have a chest cold so I couldn't drink much. We got there a bit late for the early nibblies which included stuff like satay sticks and stuffed mushrooms... there was only fruit and vege with dip platter left. Was annoyed that the pav wasn't there for dessert like it said on our notice at work... had to eat the fruit kebabs instead as the slices all contained gluten. Music was fab and strangely enough not many people danced until they played Abba megamix! But Matt wouldn't dance he hates Abba!

Well better go and make some desserts for bro's engagement party - not to mention my own gluten free pizza 'cause he wont' feed me! oh well he's lucky I'm going since I'm not well.

Take care all and hope to do more personals next time.

Afternoon all!!

Well, just been pottering this morning, made rhubarb crumble and about to make apple pie, had chicken curry and rice for lunch - yum!!

Took declan to the drs, along with the flu he's had (cause Xander also has it now, and I think anneliese is starting to come down with it) he also has a inner ear infection. The dr say they normally dont treat ear infections with ab's, but his is really bad. SO we have to keep up the ab's, take him back in 2 weeks for a check up, unless discharge starts coming out of his ear. Then we are to take him straight to hossy, as it means his ear drum has burst. Poor little mite. So all the kiddies are in bed, on their second nap of the day.

Neeny - thanks for the package

Kel - welcome back, sorry to hear things arent going very well, hope you and DH sort things out, DH and i found that dating works pretty well, as not only do you have a chance to get to know each other again (as you do change) and you can sort things out without being in each others hair all the time. You're doing such a good job, 3 kids on you own... i know how hard it is

Well, i forgot to register to vote in VIC, im still registered in WA... Hate both Baillieu and Bracks, they're both lying little... well, unwritables LOL. They're liars. ANYWAYS im not going to start potical warfare in here!!

Im off to finish watching POTC as i fell asleep during it last night, eating my Koko Black YUMMO!!!
    Last edited by simone; November 25th, 2006 at 01:34 PM.

Pity you couldn't vote, Simone, or you could have slammed it right up both of them to vote for a minor party! I went and ticked every box on the big sheet - making sure I get my own preferences in and not relying on the preferences of the major parties (Greens weren't preferencing) that contraindicate my own inclinations. What's the point in voting for people who promise more roads when, by the time Oscar is 18, there will be that much less oil and driving likely to be financially prohibitive? I want better public transport, Victoria doesn't revolve around the Melbourne CBD or inner suburbs! Poor Oscar scored a tree hugging hippie for a mummy who is also a bleeding heart leftie! I want a healthy Victoria for Oscar to live in, cos no matter who is Premier, this is where I love to be. Sorry, that's just my 'I have a voice', sentimental, personal-is-political and vice versa little tangent
    Glad you've got an idea of what's wrong with Declan and Xander - it helps to know what you're dealing with!
    Hope you get over your cold soon, Neeny, nothing worse than being sick in the warmer months cos you can see what you're missing as you lie inside, feeling miserable!
    OK, time to go again, Oscar sleeping and I might nap, myself...

IK - I normally vote Family FIrst. Im sorry, the Green are a little TOO hippie for me... LOL

Poor Xander is sitting here crying (im in bed with the laptop) and wont take any emdicine... he had a little bit of cordial left, so i put a dose of panadol in it. cheeky me. It worked for Declan, its gotta work for Xander too...

Nic - i took Declan to the hospital with a temp of 40.4, they said temps are only dangerous when they get really ghigh (whats really high - i though over 40 was really high!!) of it rises high really quickly, which can cause febrile convulsions. All you can do is give panadol (it does help bring temps down) wash him down with cool water and keep him comfy, and hope that the temp will come down on its own. Lots of fluids, and if he doesnt have a wet nappy for ages, then get him checked. Sorry to tramble on, HTH
    Last edited by simone; November 25th, 2006 at 01:30 PM.

Neeny - hope you feel better soon! I would have been annoyed at no pav too - it's my fav (as she pigs out on meringues!!!). People alwasy forget to include gluten free stuff and surely they would have known you were, being a work function? I love ABBA and it always gets people up dancing (except some DH's LOL!!). Enjoy the party tonight - even if you do have to feed yourself!

IK - PML!!!! "Poor Oscar scored a tree hugging hippie for a mummy who is also a bleeding heart leftie". Nothing wrong with that. Enjoy your nap.

Simone - good to know what Declan has, hopefully he feels better soon. Hopefully the cordial trick will work. Give him some of your Koko Black chocie, bound to make anyone feel better LOL!!! How was POTC #2?

Just finished reading papers, Marley is having the biggest snooze (went down at 11.30 and is still going!), I have checked on her quite a few times as she normally has a feed around 1-1.30ish. She musn't be too hungry. A friend gave me a box of rice cereal that she didn't use with her 8 mth old son (unopened). Can't believe it's almost getting to that time (where's my scrawny little bubba gone??). I am still unsure of when to start. Chelsea is watching Looney Tunes cartoons (she loves them) and I'm just going to hang some washing out (looking very overcast here, had some rain drops before).

Might have to have another meringue LOL!!!!!

POTC #2 was great, i cant wait for #3 to come out... Trying to deal with the 2 boys at the moment, my head feels all fuzzy... i think im coming down with what the boys have. Doesnt help when they're whinging at me constantly. Told DH im going crazy, and he's going to take a break and come over and help me soon, i told him he has to bring turkish delight though... going to have some me time.

I only voted for the Nationals because they have done a heap up our way and he is a really nice guy.
    DH is down working on his latest acquisition, a VL Commodore that he bought for $400. Hardly anything wrong with it. I want personalised number plates for one of the cars but I find that $395 is just too much.
    Too hot to do anything except sip frozen cordial...

I hope he actually does help, Simone, sounds like you really need a timeout or he'll be looking after the 3 of you!
    Got a good nap in there - he resisted it, but he's been sleeping since just after 2pm.
    Grrrr! The neighbours nearly woke Oscar up by screaming out for their dog! I forgot to turn the radio on in the room before he went to sleep - if I leave it on he is more resistant to waking up to noise...
    OK, gonna finish this potato salad, and continue threading this overlocker...
    ETA: Jess - how bout those coloured plates you can get now? I've seen way too many of those black on pink ones to believe that people actually have any taste anymore LOL! I have personalised plates, but they didn't cost $395, I wonder why that is. They were actually supposed to be a birthday present, but I didn't get them on my birthday so I got them myself when I registered my car last year...and never got the money, so I keep telling DP that they were my present that I bought myself...makes him blush every time, hee hee! I can't complain, he paid off my entire credit card this year for my birthday, and it was a huge bill.
    Here's to minor parties teaching the big kids a lesson; cheers!
    Last edited by Smoke Jaguar; November 25th, 2006 at 03:09 PM.

**VENT WARNING**

I've had enough. i know im a mummy, and having sick kids comes with the territory, but i've done so well - looking after 3 of them, including one that's almost permanently attached to my chest, cooking, keeping the house clean and coping with my recent loss... with no support. when DH does come around, he plays on the computer. I just need some time out, which when he comes around, i better get, because otherwise im going to have abreakdown. not something i want, but something thats going to happen. Im sorry to do this, but i've just enough of no support from DH, and i dont know where else to turn...

Sim, sweetheart, I think I would have no disagreement here if I say that there isn't one person on here who doesn't believe that you need the break to gather yourself - mentally and physically Sometimes I think you would cope better if it were just you on your own, cos then you wouldn't have the added stress of being let down all the time You need a lot more help than just DVD's and chocolates, honey and I wish your DH would realise that actual help is far, far more valuable to you than gifts from shops. So, I think you know how I feel on the matter, unfortunately. Oh, and you don't need those gifts to let you know you are doing a great job keeping it together this week - you must know that you are, given, especially, that you've just added your little wings to your signature, on top of sick kids
    In a perfect world I wouldn't have been here at home nursing a nose with a splint and we would have had that day we planned!
    oh, and vent away!

Simone sorry to see that you have had a loss on top of everything that you are dealing with, I really hope for your sake that DH pulls his socks up and starts to give you a hand that you so deserve. Big hugs to you.

hugs xoxo

Simone - ditto to what IK and Amanda say. I don't know what to say to make you feel better, just know we are all here for you if you need to vent some more. You can always call me - pity you don't live closer otherwise you could come for a visit. DH is at work tonight so I am home alone (can be a bit boring sometimes!). Don't forget the most important thing - you are a great mum!

Just realised, Amanda, that I spelled Lauchlan wrong yesterday - sorry!
    Tip of the Day - for anyone who likes Milo, I just tried the Aldi version (uh-oh, Aldi praise again!) and it is really, really yum! And loads cheaper ... with two additional minerals and vitamins; where Milo has 9, NRG Maxx has 11. Being that I haven't expended a whole lot of energy and don't need to eat a huge amount to keep myself going, I thought I'd give this tin a go and not only is it yum, but I'm not peckish anymore
    Oscar asleep again, I might put us down on the couch while we wait for the vote count to start...
    Oh, and Simone - I don't know if it was coincidence or a result of what I said, but a few weeks ago when I had my own sad moment on here, I mentioned to DP that I felt like I was a single parent sometimes because of how he would palm Oscar off on me after I'd been with him all day. I said that I love looking after him, but when I give Oscar to him I would expect that he would give him more than a token 5 mins before putting him into a chair. Well, he either turned a corner he would have turned anyway, or it affected him, because he has been coming to the party since. I'm not into shaming people into line, and this wasn't my intention with DP the other week, but do you think your DH would pay attention if you told him that you may as well be a single parent at the current rate of his 'contribution'?
    Now, about that nap...
    ETA oooh, Mel, we posted at the same time!

Oh my poor Junies!!! I don't know who to console first!!! About to feed and bath my boys but I want to make a start... sorry for the brevity!

Simone: Oh I just noticed you added your angel baby... I'm glad you feel able to share now... everything IK said is true, gifts are no substitute for support... sometimes guys need actual instructions as to how to help... my DH is great but sometimes he just says "tell me what to do and I'll do it"... that's just how they are... I know it's kinda annoying that they simply can't see the mess and deal with the kids needs but that's how it is. Make specific requests not general "can you help me?" kinda requests... just a suggestion. Oh and Vent away! you don't need to warn us.

Kel: Thanks for filling in the details... you'd be surprised at how many relationships end in the first year after a baby arrives... more common than you might think... as I've said before: my DH and I fought like cats and dogs in our first year... also a bit after Wade was born... finally we've managed to have a new baby and not fight (much LOL)! But it's weird how sometimes I get an uneasy feeling of deja vu... finding myself getting annoyed with DH for no reason... it's like having a baby has triggered subliminal memories and stirred up repressed anger... *shrug* getting a bit deep now... anyhow... looking forward to hearing further news Kel... I think nearly all the Junies can relate to some degree.

IK: ah you're ok... (J/K) You'll be pleased to know I voted Green too...watching the count now... Gonna buy some of that Maxx tomorrow on our nappy trip to Aldi... thanks for the tip.

Neeny: Sorry to hear your party wasn't as good as you were expecting... have you ever tried making pav? not as hard as it looks... takes about 10 eggs though. Hope you feel better soon too! So many sick and poorly Junies! All the mums need mothering! DH's step up!

Jess: What's happening next Feb? You've got an application for housing result due?

... uh oh gotta cut this short... Wade needs dressing and DH busy with Niall... back soon!

Sim, I know exactly how you feel.
    I have felt lke a single parent since way before Pat was born.Up until 5 yrs ago, thats exactly what I was though ,a single mother raising 3 children. I now have 6 children all under the age of 11 and I do everything for them.If I ask DH to look after them while I do something, I get the "but they don't listen to me" bs!He'll make Pats bottles and cook dinner but ask him to take the kids with him or change them and I get ignored.I act like a single mother all the time because this is what I have always done since Jack was a baby, the only thing that has changed is I have 5 more children and a husband who is my best friend.

ETA Bath- In Feb we become "eligible" for public housing, but noone will help us out before then. In Feb we will have been in the caravan for 12 months!!!!Mum came in with me the other week when we had a meeting with Housing and they were very blunt. If we pay 3 months off our debt(12 weeks) then we become eligible for Public Housing, I said thats well and good but what about now, We have been living in a caravan for 12 months now and its getting hot, Why can't we get into a house now!Their reply was, well thats how we work, we can't help you until then.
    Last edited by Jesswith6; November 25th, 2006 at 07:00 PM.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast