Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #20

Back from our meet up The other girls went on to the Botanical Gardens but I knew Wade wouldn't last the distance plus I had to be home for Verity when she gets home from school. But it was a lovely meet! We had a whole corner of the cafe at Borders to ourselves where some of us were able to BF in peace... Wade was his usual "sweet public self" and was kept quiet with a hot chocolate. Rory! I'll shout the next couple of coffees for you! I won't forget! (I didn't have any change and they didn't have EFTPOS). Then we headed over to Myer again to the toy department where the Christmas activites were in full swing... the boys loved watching the train and Simone was very clever and thought to bring along one of Xander's little trains that fit the set up tracks there... so "thankyou" on behalf of Wade Niall slept for most of the meet and was very settled... letting me chat, good boy. Took some piccys too which I'll load up this evening on my site.

Uh oh, Wade has been inspired again by the girls asking about his famous "nest" that he's starting to make another one... I think I'd better distract him onto something else... be back later... hiya Jess... Nic....IK...

Cee_Cee99 Guest

hi all,
    sorry I've been MIA, we had a power surge and IT connection died, and with DH away I did not know how to fix it.. anyway.. just wanted to let you know I'm alive and look forward to catching up on posts...
    Simone - glad Declan is over the worst...
    IK - hope the op was not too painful and works for you...
    will catch up on the rest later tonight
    luv
    CC

The meet up sounds like it was lovely! Such a nice day today, took Oscar out to the yard a few times, he is being so delightful. He is such a funny kid - I thought it was just me who thought that, but everyone who meets him says that straight off the bat, too, so we've done something right!
    CC - glad to see you back!
    Jess - was thinking about your committee situation and thinking that you are in a good position to make a difference right from where you are. The advantage of being a general member is that you can be as active as you like but you are not as legally accountable for the entity you represent. I would hope that their behaviour was an innocent as second guessing your workload, but even that is completely unacceptable (been there, wasn't voted for positions in my brigade, cos as everyone said afterwards "well, you'll have a busy year with a baby"...never mind that if I'm putting my hand up I'm telling them I can do it!). So, you can be a doer from where you are Hell, I made it to that Association meeting and pushed my 'lactating female firefighter agenda' without having been elected as the delegate in the end!
    Neeny - I wasn't too nauseous, I DID have a moment where I thought I would throw up, but that was it. I actually threw up the last time after the surgery , but I think it was all the blood in my belly that did it that time. Who knows, I may have been better off throwing up on Wednesday - my tummy has been funny since then, when I talked myself out of it! It may have just been the morphine , as it was for you - my mum had morphine last week and was a bit worse for wear, as even panadeine forte has an unpleasant effect on her.
    Terrible thing - there was a mucky clot in my nostril (that's not the terrible thing) that I cleaned up and out, put my gauze back on and hey presto! I can smell a bit and taste...which means my farts smell again, doh! Uh oh, that means DP's farts smell again, too - that's even worse...
    I finished one of my wraps for my niece - it's a bit crude, but it's the only standard I can manage after my many years' absence from the sewing machine! I'm now working on that sling...I hope I don't mess it up, I'm about to thread an overlocker for the first time in about 9 years...

Hey girls - back online - went with Mel to Bot Gardens - Simone headed off to see her huby I think - poor Declan was waning.
    We had lunch at the Observatory cafe with my GF Annie and her GF Sophie, then Mel and Marley headed off while we headed to the Botanical drawings exhibition (well worth a visit - closes Sunday).

Flynn had a ride in a forward facing carseat (Annie gave us a ride home - her girl Charlie was home with her dad (inventor of the Wally Wrap TM - LOL!!)

Pooped now - gonna try and start something for dinner. The ants have found my bin.......grrrr!!

Oh Rory... I'm checking out Peters of Kensington... lots of Peter Rabbit Wedgewood and Royal Doulton... what have you started....

IK: Yay for smellability! Gotta take the good with the bad LOL

CeeCee: yeah... we've been missing you! Good to see you back... tell us how Ally's been going!

Wade's wolfing down Indian vegie curry... Niall's napping... Verity is at a neighbour's house playing with a girl in her class... DH is at yet ANOTHER Christmas party... he says this is the last... and I'm about to upload those piccys we took today... and some of the boys that I took when we got home.

Happy 6mths to Jack, Charlee and Patrick.

Jess how's your cousin going? hope she's doing well.

Kel sorry to hear about you and Rowan.

Melbourne Girls glad you all had a great meet up once again, can't wait for the piccy's.

Neeny yay at Aleise waving and how cute that she has a boyfriend lol, we should organise a meet up before Xmas to.

IK ewww at the clot but yay for been able to smell again, just one of the things we take for granted. Funny you should mention Wyatt Earp, thats what my MIL thinks we named he after, but I'm a bit sheepish to mention this so here I go, I liked it from Charmed, now my dirty secret is out nooooo.

Well I have sent a piccy of Cody and Nixon to everyone, well Cody woke up this morning with spots all over his body, so I paniced thinking it was measles so I took him to the doctors who didn't see me until 12:30-1:00 and no it's not measles it's a virus called Roseola, I feel so bad now I just hope that I didn't pass it onto Nixon I don't even know where he got it from.

Better go for now.

hugs xoxo

Hi girls,

What a day! Had a great day again with the Junies, you girls are wonderful! Missed your IK!

Kel - I haven't meet you, I'm new to the group. Sorry to hear about the troubles you are having, hope the "dating" thing works well for you. Happy 6 mths to your babies, you must have your hands full with twins!

IK - sounds like you are recovering well - maybe try icy poles, taste a bit better than ice chips. Didn't you know that girls farts don't smell LOL!!!!! You would have been proud of me today - I caught the train all by myself and didn't get lost, yeah!!

Rory - had a lovely lunch with you and your friends. Great getting a lift home - lucky buggar! Marley was so tired, she fell asleep on the train but kept getting startled when the man announced the next station! Will email the Noosa stuff tonight.

Simone - great to see you today and hope Declan feels better soon, he didn't look to good - poor little man! You can really tell when they don't feel 100%.

Nic - your DH must be absolutely exhausted! You will be happy when things return to normal for you. How does he do it? Nothing beats your own bed and own pillow!

CC - glad your back on - you must have been lost without IT connection.

Amanda - I loved Charmed too! And Wyatt on the show was such a cutie, pretty much like yours!!

I got home and there was a bird inside the house that had pooed everywhere!!! I had to get the mop and clean it up then found it had pooed on Chelsea's doona cover and pillowcases. Had to wash them and strip her bed and all new linen. Really couldn't be bothered doing all this just after I arrived home.

Off to cook something with chicken - not sure what yet LOL!!!!
    Last edited by MelS; November 24th, 2006 at 05:35 PM. Reason: added stuff

Ok... piccys loaded on Bathsheba's Homepage... not the links in my sig.

Mel: Lovely to meet you today That necklace you wore today was just gorgeous... I don't think the piccys do it justice! Oh and what kind of bird was it???? I agree bird poo is not the kind of thing you'd want to face today... i was tired just after my shorter meetup... had a nap with Niall on the bed... Wade snuck back into the loungeroom to make another darned nest... the joke is well and truely over! 'Spose I'd better go tidy it all away....

Bath - thanks, I love my necklace. It was handmade by an artist in Noosa who does amazing artwork and makes her own jewellery. My girlfriend got one too but in a beautiful turquoise blue. I am a bit of a jewellery fiend - esp the necklaces, I have heaps of them. Great picture with everyone smiling! Forgot to mention before, how cute Wade is! He was such a good boy and beautiful as well. Maybe he could come here and build a nest for these birds LOL!!!! I think it was a minor bird or similiar. Have no idea where they are coming from as I don't think it came in before I left. Will have to investigate. Enjoy cleaning up the nest!

Great pics, Bath - everyone looks very summery! Wade looks angelic again, the little monkey
    Amanda - Lachlan is a very cute little boy, not that Cody needs his help in making a cute photo subject!
    Nic - enjoy your bed, nothing like it, I agree.
    I texted Dee cos I was thinking about how she was getting on - good news, she is riding on a more positive outlook and is still in Canberra, yay! Can't wait till the day when she feels happy enough to take a pic of a happy Dee and happy Lochie to send to us
    Hmmm, just learning how to thread my overlocker...had it for about 10 months and haven't taken it out of the box till now! I need it to sew my HAB style sling for my sister. She may start to wish that we had just bought her one LOL!
    Mel - so glad you are getting more confident with that pesky train! During the day it is the handiest thing. At night it's still handy...if you don't get the heebie jeebies from the passengers on the tail end of the line (from Ringwood to FTG is a bit hairy at times!). Did you tell the girls of the attention Marley got during the last train ride??
    DP is preparing dinner - I think I'm gonna score scalloped potatos, yum! And I'll be able to taste them!
    Nose is getting cleaner, no blood coming out, just snot, hee hee, TMI
    Enjoy this balmy Friday night all...

Hello ladies

Well, the meet up was great fun, i ended up leaving rory and mel near flinders st station, went and saw dh at work, then brought the kids home. Got home about 3.30pm, cleaned the house, did some washing, picked Xander up from daycare, cooked dinner (devilled sausages) and am now relaxing. Declan is in bed (Put him to bed when i got home from picking Xander up, he's in a really deep sleep...) and just had Xander come in telling me his tummy's hurting and he has a headache. He's starting to burn up a little... thats all i need. Dh has gone to down to the shops to buy me Pirates of the Carribean: Dead Mens Chest (I havent seen it, meant to be great)

Alright, might go out and hang some more washing, will check back in later.

Soz no personals, WAY to much to catch up on... and Xander is whinging. Im not gonna go crazy, im not gonna go crazy...

IK - scalloped potatoes, yum. Do they have heaps of cream and cheese on them??? Glad you can taste them, they are the best. Glad to hear the snot is now flowing (YUK!). I wouldn't have a clue how to work the overlocker, I can barely use my sewing machine. You might decide its easier to go and buy a HAB LOL!!! Train ride was hassle free on the way home, no freaks to bother me (I did tell the girls about my last train experience!). There was a few crazy school kids towards the end but overall is was OK. I bought my novel to read on the way in and out so time went quickly. I still would have prefered your company to my book!

Simone - hope Xander isn't coming down with the bug. Dead Mans Chest is supposed to be great, I haven't seen it yet. Hope you enjoy a relaxing night (well sort of!!)

DH was supposed to finish at 2pm today but doesn't think he'll get home until 9pm. He is not happy about it, but has to do it. He will be tired, makes you wonder how Nic's DH manages his long shifts.

Chelsea's trip to see Santa didn't go well. She went into David Jones in city all geared up to see him. We had it all sussed out and when she got there, she backed out!!! MIL said there was no way she could be persuaded. She said to her nana, lets go look at clothes (she is my daughter LOL!!). Will try to take her and Marley and hopefully she will go if Marley goes (she better not freak out at Santa). Had yummy butter chicken with pappadums, now having some home style meringues I bought last night (I am so naughty!)

Hey ladies

Today we were discussing about having a Junies Girls Night Out after Chrissy... Anyone in, and any ideas where we could go?? Only places i know here are the local kareoke bar, and the Crown... always up for a trip to the cas :P

Dinner sounded great Mel - Dh is really fussy about stuff like that, he's a meat and potato man (literally) so when he's not here, i eat soups, stews, curry's... anything he wont eat!! Unlucky about Chelsea not wanting Santa, maybe start with just writing a letter, then a week later try another visit? That way he seems more familiar, like a friend, if she's already written to him... Thats only idea i had!! Too tired to think straight...

Im so tired, got up at 5am yesterday, didnt get to bed until after 1 this morning, got up at 6 and still going... my eyes actually hurt im so tired.

Well, DH just brought in another surprise... HE told me i've been doing so well lately, looking after the house, as well as sick kids... so he brought my a little box home from Koko Black, and Prince of Thieves, so i can relax over the weekend and watch it. Spose hubbies arent ALL that bad...

DH has redemmed himself - well done. I love Koko Black, I try to go whenever I go to Chaddie. I know what you are going to be doing over the weekend, DVD and chocolate what a great combo. My DH will eat anything but fish (and I love fish) so his is very easy to please.

Letter is a good idea. We have been talking for ages about what she was going to say and she was even role playing and I had to be Santa!

Don't stay up too late tonight and get some rest!

nice photos Bath. Thats a great one of Simone, Mel & Rory & then again with you & Wade!

i just uploaded a couple of pics on my www. some in 6-8months and a couple Of Amanda's boys & Nixon.

Dont worry Amanda, there is no way you could have known Cody had roseola, actually i had to look this up i had never heard of it. Appreciate you contacting me though & hope Cody recovers soon.
    Well u know how nixon was coughing and i thought it was just him ammusing himself and the sound of it well i think its gotten more like a actual cough. He was coughing all the way home today and has gotten deeper.
    he has never left any milk when he has a bottle and tonight he left 110ml (from 250ml)
    i took his temps 3 times and they were in mid to high 37's
    then an hr later took again and was mid to high 38's
    im getting a bit worried cause he has never been sick b4 so i dont know what to do or how he acts! im gonna go take his temp again now & if over 39 go to hospital. he is asleep and seems ok but keeps coughing in his sleep now... hope its not croupe or bronchilitis??

Oh and Happy 6 months Pat!!

ok so i just went and took his temps again and feel a little better was 36.5 then 36.4 and he defiatley did not feel as hot. i gave him some panadol when he was going to bed so maybe this helped, now just this cough.....

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all the encouraging replies. Yes its a very hard time for all of us at the moment. I dont find it too hard physically as I am used to the fly in fly out business anyway. However when Rowen gets home now it is hard that he is staying at a mates and not at home. However it was my decision so I will just have to cope as best as I can.

I am not exaggerating when i say how wonderful these babies are. I know many parents say that but in this case its so true. I cant remember a day when they have just cried and cried for no obvious reason. I see my friends babies and I grimace and think "How would I cope with that X 2???" The twins usually wake for an early feed, about 4-5am. Then its back to sleep in bed with Mum. Then at 7 I get up and get their weetbix (yes they love them!!!), we have that in our groovy new high chairs (thanks daddy), then its a play on the floor while Mia gets ready for school. Back to bed at 8:30am after a feed usually until about 10:30-11am when they wake for another feed. My mum has them but they are never awake while I drop Mia at school and do errands in town. They have a play until about 12:30 and then its a quick sleep before we go get Mia in the afternoon. When we gethome they play on the floor and have a feed again. They have dinner at 5pm. I invested in a magic bullet blender. Oh my god they just love home made so much more than cans. But as Mia became quite constipated on homemade I have waited until this week to introduce real food. Jack taste tests all the food and he just goes mental over Chicken, peas, beans, carrot, corn, pumpkin and potato, with a touch of gravy! He yells and yells until its all gone! After tea they have abath and then a play before they have their bottles at 6:30pm. Usually after their bottles they play opn the floor but fall asleep so its bedtime at 7pm and I finally breath out and relax!! Mia is in bed then too so its perfect 'me' time. I lie with the babies quite a bit talking and playing with them and just cant believe how much personality they have. Jack rolled over at 4 months. He is so chubby but over he went. Charlee was 5 months when she rolled. Jack is up on hands and knees rocking. He goes back and forth and then throws himself forwrd. He thinks he is pretty clever! Charlee is watching him heaps now and she is starting to get the idea. They just adore eachother and they talk and coo at oneanother all day. There is definately a bond there!Jacky is a bit shy with people he doesnt know and will put his head on my chest and just stare at who ever is talking to him but not Charlee. She is a real social butterfly. She smiles and talks and squeals at anyone who will listen. They still get heaps of attention and she just loves it!

Anyway enough about them! Rowen and I. Well what can I say. I am very upset as you can imagine but have not been happy for quite a while. Rowen has always been a real boys boy. I guess being a footballer it comes with the territory. I have battled along with Mia alone for such a long time. I always felt like all he ever did was be with the boys and I had Mia so I wasnt included. I have resented him for that and it has slowly but surely eaten at the way I feel about him. I resent how blase he was during my pregnency with Jack and Charlee. I think one baby is special but for his wife to be carrying two babies, I just thought he would have gotten into it a bit more. We decided that we were not having anymore kids so this pregnancy was my last. I didnt even get card or flowers or anything when I had them or when we got home. Nothing. I am very much into that and he knows it. I got him a card and let me tell ya he just about got it where the sun dont shine!!! if I had a horse show, or a scrapping day/night, I always had to take Mia or organise a babysitter. Yet never ever while he played football did he ever ask if I was right with Mia. (of course I was but its not the point) Its all irrelevent now. He is devestated as he has always thought I would never leave. I guess he is a bit shocked as is everyone else we know. You just dont hear about people breaking up so soon after having baby/babies I guess! Oops! Anyway he is trying his hardest and I really hope for his sake he isnt wasting his time because inside I feel numb and have lost a lot of feeling for him. I did get 10 roses delivered today and that was very sweet.I guess only time will tell.

On a happier note, I witnessed a birth two weeks ago today. My best friend hose little girl was killed a few years back asked me to be with her and her hubby when their new baby girl was born. Oh my god I am in awe of those who have delivered naturally! What an amazing thing to witness! It was so special and I am so happy to have been there when Tenaye was born. And I was the third person to have ever held her!!! very special!

Anyway I have ranted a bit too much, just wanted you all to know about my babies and about my troubles!

Talk soon

Love Kel.

Have had a look at everyones babies and have read most posts. Every baby in here is gorgeous. So different, but all so gorgeous. I think we all deserve a pat on the back for a job well done!!!

Kel.
    You may not know but there have been troubles in here with a lot of hubbys /partners. Myself included... Patrick developed bronchiolitis at 7 weeks and was taken over to the hospital and admitted. Child Protection was called and it came to the point where James had to go to Tasmania for a while or he was going to be arrested because he had been taking off in the car and speeding around town. I admire you hun for being able to look after Mia and both Jack and Charlee, having one baby is enough with out the point of looking after two at the same time.
    Patrick is now much better and at last weigh in, weighed 6.52kg. He is rolling onto his tummy and is very cheeky. The other kids adore him but are too overprotective of him,trying to pick him up all the time. He had his first taste of Spaghetti Bolognase last night and absolutely hated it.So we are going back to the veges for a while!We are still living in the caravan and will be doing so for a bit longer, in fact Feb next year Dept. of Housing might look at us!
    Gotta go, the kids will be down here soon, and Pat is whinging on the bed, James is over there but I can't expect him to pick Pat up can I!

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast