Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #20

Default Babies Born June 2006 #20

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in June 2006.

If there are any details you would like changed or added to this list could you please email :-

Astrolady - [email protected]

or of the following Moderating/Admin team for this forum:-

Christy [email protected]
    Sherie - [email protected]
    Lea13 - [email protected]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please Note Your name will be removed if you have not posted in this thread for over 2 months

Name: Amanda3
    State: QLD
    DOB: 2.6.06
    Stats: Weight - 7lb 4oz (3310g), Length - 53cm, Head - 34cm
    Babyname: Cody Lincoln
    Health Concerns: None
    Notes: Feeds and sleeps like a trooper

Forum Name: Sara
    Baby's DOB: 5 June 2006
    Baby's Stats: 8pound 3ounces, 51cm, 31cm
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby's Name: Briley Jean Harvey
    Notes: WE LOVE HER!!!!

Name: Jaspen
    State: NSW
    DOB: 06/06/06
    Stats: Weight – 8lb (3638g); Length – 53cm; Head – 35cm
    Babyname: Samuel Ashton
    Health concerns: none thankfully
    Notes: such a little guts (200g weight increase in 3 days) !!!!

Name: Gabysmum
    State: WA
    DOB: 07/06/06
    Stats: Weight: 9lbs 12 ozs Length: 58 cm Head: 36 cm
    Baby name: Alexander Ivan aka Alex
    Notes: Big boy adored by older sister.

Name:Neeny
    DOB: 8.6.06
    Stats: Weight - (3140g – about 6 pounds), Length – 52cm , Head – 34.5cm
    Babyname: Aleise Irene
    Notes: sleeps too much and doesn’t eat enough in one sitting!

Name: simone
    State: VIC
    DOB: 9th June 2006
    Stats: Weight - 3lb 11oz (1680g) Length - 30cm, Head - 28cm
    Babyname: Anneliese Bethany
    Health Concerns: None... fingers crossed
    Notes: Born prem, due to infection in my uterus... APGARS of 8&9, breathed
    on her own; suffered from jaundice for 2 weeks after birth, came home at 27
    days old. Readmitted 3 weeks later to the Childrens with bronchiolitis and
    apnoea, admitted to ICU. then developed pneumonia. Spent 2 week in hospital.
    Is finally home, where she belongs...
    __________________________________________________ __

Name: *Jo*
    DOB: 09/06/06
    Stats: Weight - 8lb 14oz (4020g), Length - 50.5cm, Head - 35.5cm
    Babyname: Freya Jean
    Notes: Repeat elective c/s @ 38wks

Name: littlerigger
    State:
    ACT
    DOB: 11/06/06
    Stats: Weight -8lb 3oz, Length - 53cm, Head - 36cm
    Babyname: Ryan Vaughn
    Notes: farts & burps like daddy!

Name: Roryrory
    State: Vic
    DOB: 11.6.06
    Stats: Weight - 3905 ( 8lb 9oz), Length - 52cm, Head - 36cm
    Babyname: Flynn
    Health Concerns: Nil

Name: Bathsheba
    State: Vic
    DOB: 13/06/06
    Stats: Weight – 9lb 0oz (4080g); Length – 52cm; Head – 35cm
    Babyname: Niall Atticus
    Health concerns: none
    Notes: Induced at 38wks due to Cholestasis of pregnancy. Birth attended by Kelly Zantey.

Name: Dee78 (donna)
    DOB:14.6.06
    Stats: Weight - 7lb 5oz (3310g), Length - 51cm Head - 36cm
    Baby's name: Lachlan Roy
    Health concerns:
    Notes: very unsettled, doesnt like to sleep anywhere but mum or dads chest!!

Name: Nickel
    DOB: 16/06/06
    Stats: Weight – 6lb 6oz (2.9g); Length – 42cm; Head – big enough thanx!
    Babyname: Ruby Jago
    Health concerns: only after birth, but we're good now.
    Notes: Breastfeeding actually works this time.

Name: IK
    State: VIC
    DOB: 19/06/06
    Stats: Weight 3.47kg, Length 47cms, Head Circ 34cms
    Sex: Male
    Babyname: Oscar William
    Notes: HypnoBirth&Waterbirth, relaxed baby so far, waking to feed and
    sleeping when not feeding! Co-sleeping and exclusively breastfeeding.

Name: Our 7th Heaven
    DOB: 19/06/06
    Stats: Weight – 7lb 9oz (3.44kg); Length – 55cm; Head – 35cm
    Babyname:Nathan Xavier
    Health concerns: No all's well here
    Notes: He's a natural booby boy and a right little guts.

Name: #karen#
    DOB: 22.6.06
    Stats: Weight - 7lb 14oz (3580g), Length - 50.5cm Head - 34.5cm
    Babyname: Nathan John
    Health concerns: Talipes
    Notes: So far, so good - feeds and sleeps well

Name: Ali25
    State: WA
    DOB: 23rd June 2006
    Stats: Weight - 8lb 2 Oz (3700g), Length - 53cm, Head - 36cm
    Babyname: Tori Rose
    Notes: BFing well and starting to settle nicely

Name: *Kristee-Lea*
    DOB: 29/06/06
    Stats: Weight: 6 pound 10, Length: 46cm, Head Circumference: 34cm
    Babyname: Tarleha Maye
    Health Concerns: Reflux, colic, loosing lots of weight quickly.
    Notes: Emergency Ceaser 3 days overdue because she had swallowed meconiam.
    Can out-fart or out-burp any man!!! WE LOVE HER!!!!!

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum
    Last edited by Trillian; November 22nd, 2006 at 05:03 PM.

Your previous thread is HERE

Good morning girls... Just sent a quick "Good Luck" email to IK... I wonder if she's on her way yet... how about poor little Oscar! Yep, these things happen... I wonder how her DP felt about it? Probably shocking. Had to laugh at the image of Rory kindly washing IKs hair over the sink for her! I can see both sides to the curly hair debate... mine was very curly as a child and hated it... then I grew it long and the weight of it straightened it out to the point that I've lost most of the curl which I am now trying to encourage back. Still, the good thing about straight hair is that you can have a fringe, which I love... I've got a half hearted one now but just love a nice thick fringe... Verity is lucky... she has one... so I can kinda "live it" through her... you do that with your kids: impose your sense of style upon them. That's why Verity has a really eclectic sense of fashion style: when she was younger she loved cardigans and tartan skirts LOL these days at least she steers away from the more tarty styles... anyhow enough about that... I can vaguely recall rory wanting to dress Flynn in OshKosh overalls! LOL I agree, they are very cute but don't send him to day care in them... staff aren't keen on them as they are time consuming and when they are older they are an obstacle to toilet training (the child can't be as independant in them with the tricky buckles)... still they certainly have their place, especially with little boys with no hips... Wade has trouble keeping pants up.

Well I was up at 3am again (couldn't sleep... Niall didn't wake me, dontcha hate that!?) So I cleaned the kitchen that I was too fagged to do last night (yes, slap on the wrist for going to bed without shining my sink!). I also finished off my Christmas Pudding which I started a few days ago but it's been too hot to boil so it's been covered up in the fridge... I wrapped it up in calico last night and started the boiling process... takes 7 hours.

Back later.... Wade is piling everything up in the middle of the loungeroom floor... he says he's making a nest... better go deal... it's getting out of hand.
    Last edited by Bathsheba; November 22nd, 2006 at 08:08 AM. Reason: Have you ever seen a post which I HAVEN'T edited???

Hey Bath - dont worry about not cleaning your kitchen last night, i put everything back into the fridge, stacked the dishes, and said i cooked, so im too hot to clean. I cooked homemade crumbed chicken (Xander ate one bit, i told him it was a macca's chicken nugget, like i say about everything i want him to eat) mash potato/sweet potato together with chicken gravy, and alfredo. Pretty simple, and tasted good. Still had to be in a hot kitchen!! Went to bed last night, and stayed up til midnight, it was so hot... got up around 3 to feed anneliese and it was FREEZING!!! I put the 2 blankets back on my bed, closed up all the windows and doors i left open, and covered up the kids!

Declan - He's much better today, i think his temps back to normal (he wont let me put the thermometer under his arm) he feels cooler. I took him to SIL's YESTERDAY, her place is airconditioned. Once the kids were playing he wanted to join in. SIL put some nurofen into some cordial and at least he drank a little... HE didnt have much sleep last night though. I ended up bringing him to bed with me, but he didnt want to sleep, he's been sleeping on and off since sunday morning!! SO everytime i closed my eyes, he would start whinging....

Well, im carless today i let DH take it so he can come back this after noon and see the kids. I let him stay over last night as i was pooped after having declan permanently attached to me for 3 days, and i wanted some help, but he had a feed, a shower and went to bed!! grrrr....

Hello to everyone, im sorry, but i just cant catch up with personals...

Just a real quick one this morning Wyatt got a stomach bug on Sunday night and was vomitting for over 24hrs straight and couldn't even keep water down, he got over that yesterday morning, but then had a virus so was really leathergic (sp) and was crying the whole day but he is better now he slept for over 12hrs straight and is eating and drinking so all good.

Circus was great, but I will be back later after I've taken Kailen to school.

hugs xoxo

Hey amanda, sorryto hear Wyatt was sick, at least he's on the mend now.

Just wondering, where have our details up the top disappeared to??!!

#karen# Guest

Glad to hear Wyatt and Declan are better.
    Baths- Nathan isn't rolling, well he did twice about a month ago, but decided he's too lazy to bother any more.
    Bad day yesterday in the heat, Nathan hates it and wasn't well. Today is meant to be 38, CC - hope you have a/c. I'll be heading to the shops if it heats up too much.
    Jess - hopefully it was as someone suggested and thought it may be too much for you; however doesn't excuse the rude way they went about it. Meetings should be open for all; how rude.
    Poor Oscar, hope his face is okay
    Rory - meant to say a few days ago, I saw flylady and the behind the toilet cleaning, that was the 1st day I was going to begin, I didn't do it either. Haven't been back since, I'm such a slacker!
    Hi to everyone, better do some housework, while sleeping bubs lie.

Hi everyone,
    Poor little Oscar, Good luck IK, Nathan was only 4 or 6 weeks old when he got his first injury, Michael slammed his foot in the car door, I totally lost it, made him feel about 100 times worse than he already felt, but come on we have electric doors there was no need to slam it shut all he had to do was press the button, since then Allanah and Melissa have inflicted injury, tell you about that another day.
    Simone, don't want to pry but I'm just confused are you and your husband together or have you separated, it can be so hard to follow this thread sometimes, lol. You seem to be doing it really tough at the moment glad Declans feeling better. Thinking of you.
    Well I'm still in my nightie the kids aren't dressed and they are now late for Kindy and Day Care, I don't work today, so I get 4 hours of free time just me and Nathan, till 1pm. I might go visit my friend who is also leaving town, She's moving into Rocky with the kids her DH will commute. Ok check in later, bye
    Dee

Edit Karen Yay for your Nathan being 5 months.
    Amanda, glad you liked the circus, sorry to hear Wyatt is sick
    Last edited by Coolabahdee; November 22nd, 2006 at 08:57 AM.

Hello,

just jumped on my friends pc. having fun away, staying in Redcliffe but last 2 nights stayed in Caloundra with my friend catching up.
    Tonight catching up with an old school friend and tomorrow meeting up with Amanda & the boys and Amy & Declan from april buddies... looking forward to it!
    hope all are well, i get home Friday arvo. havent had time to catch up on posts.

DH lives with his dad, but i pick him up after work most days, he comes around, plays with the kids while i make dinner, we bath them and put them to bed together. Less confusing for them. Then sometimes he stays for a while, then goes, sometimes he stays. Just trying to rebuild our friendship. Last night i wanted him to stay to help with Declan, and he slept straight through the night. Typical...

ETA Hey nic, glad your having fun Cant wait to catch up with you when you get back!! Congrats to Nixon on turning 7 months!! time flies...
    Last edited by simone; November 22nd, 2006 at 09:07 AM.

Hey Nickers - sounds like the holiday is going well - enjoy that sun!
    Dee - forgot to say - LOL when I saw Makayla's b'day cake on your website - thought about the morally pure JW who wouldn't write "Happy B'day" but was happy to profit by selling you the cake - PML!
    Karen - LOL about toilet cleaning! Like I said, I am pretending to be a housewife! I only jump only flylady to see what I should be doing....
    Amanda and Sim - I am sooooo not looking forward to Flynn getting sick - you just don't imagine motehrhood as involving that sort of stuff when you are pg, hey?
    Bath - I am waiting for perms to come back in so I can get one! My hairdresser says they will never come back in, but a few years back I would have said the same thing about the mullet, and that wierd puffed bee-hive type fringe the girls are doing now - I remember that was in circa 1987!!

Hiya Nic! Hope the rest of your holiday goes well and that you arrive back safely crazy weather down here, you haven't missed a thing!

Housework: I've decided that I'm using 'cooking from scratch' as too much of an excuse to avoid doing the more mundane jobs like paper work filing... I really want next year to be more organised in that department... now's the time I guess... time will fly between now and New year!

I wouldnt mind a perm too rory... i was too young to have one last time they were in fashion LOL. The only time i get a kink in my hair is when i just towel dry it after a shower.

Dont worry about housework ladies, im a shocker. I have 3 children under 3, so everytime i clean something the boys are there to mess something else up. And i only have one set of eyes. Thats why daycare is a god send, i've actually started to really get into cleaning the house!!

One sick kid is bad rory, but sunday BOTH boys were sick!! Xander was having probs with his asthma, declan had this virus. Both were throwing up!! And Anneliese is teething... anyone know any teething relief not aniseed based?? Anneliese hates bonjela!! She gags everytime i put it in her mouth, and i dont want to give panadol or nurofen, gotta save the hard stuff for emergencies!!

Im so bored here at home, i knew i should've kept the car today... let DH borrow it, so now im stuck here. Its actually quite cold outside, and i dont want them playing out there, considering they have both been sick. So now they are inside, driving me crazy!!

Im just having a day of homesickness, i guess, sorry to have a whinge... just everything piling up on top of me, and i feel so run down... just my luck, i'll be coming down with what declan had.

ETA - Bath, Just curious... how's my avatar going?? Im dying to see a beautiful new one by my name Thanks for doing that for me
    Last edited by simone; November 22nd, 2006 at 09:40 AM.

Simone: I sent your updated avatar to AstroLady the same day as I did it like you said to (after I darkened your hair like you described). She does them about once a fortnight i think (it's in the avatar thread)... but she has also had issues with her 'pute lately so that could be slowing things down. I don't want to remind her... she always gets around to it eventually (it took about 3 weeks for my own updated avatar to be loaded)... because she's also had a baby fairly recently. I'm looking forward to seeing your new av in here too Simone it's so colourful and cheery! Not my usual style, like I said, but I'm happy with how it turned out.

I'm slowing putting Wade's "nest" away... nearly took a piccy to upload on his site but I thought: "no no... that's just another distraction!" Going to be very self disciplined today. Soooo motivated by our credit cards being cleared!!!!! OMG it feels so good to see that $0.00 in the "balance owing" box... I'm in raptures LOL it's been 3 years since we've had a cleared credit card. I suspect there are a few bills that need paying lying around the place too so i want to find them and deal with them too.

Congrats at getting the CC's cleared Bath, I dont have CC;s so thats one less thing to worry about!! I just pay bills when i finally get money, generally im on th ephone begging them to give me more time to pay, as i get my meagre centrelink payments once a fortnight, and they only go so far...

Just ebaying atm, looking for thomas the tank wooden trains for the boys for xmas...

Yep, if you can do without one it's definately better (cc's)... a debit card is the way to go i reckon (for online transactions). Unfortunately we need a CC to pay Verity's fees.

Teething: I'm just uploading a piccy of what Niall uses... will be there in about 5 mins... ETA: it's there now... it's just a frozen teether... but he loves it... cries when I remove it sometimes.

I love my visa debit card

thanks bath

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast