Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #21

I gave Anneliese a bottle, and she had a sleep... Maybe im not making enough milk for her?? Ill feel so guilty if im starving her, even if it is unintentionally... Anneliese has got the runs really bad now, so maybe she just had a tummy ache. Anyway, better change her bum, she smells sooo bad.... LOL

hello

Its taken me ages to catch up and 7th Heaven (TV show) is about to start so I'll try and be quick.

I'm still sick and on AB's got a virus and laringytis (sp?) Missed my mother's group this morning 'cause I don't feel up to it.. Anyway Aleise asleep atm so enjoying the time to myself for a change.

Its getting really hot up here! Will have to get that aircon installed in Aleise's room quick smart! Bought her a wading pool with a shade cover on the weekend and I'll have to email the photos when I get some time - she loves it!

Got a letter in the mail from our church today and they want to publish our Baptism photo in their new web newsletter - how cool is that? I thnk its because the priest looks good and Aleise has a lovely dress - it was made from the remaining material of my wedding dress which was 1996! Pity I look fat in it but we'll give permission for them to use it.

Boobs: Well since being pregnant and even now (although I'm not BFing)I've gone up to a D cup and am happy with that. My mum has large boobs and has always hated them and she had back problems too. I'd really like to get my thighs vacuumed and a bum lift but don' t have the spare $6k and there's no way I'd trust o/s surgeons to get it cheaper.. oh well one can only dream. .. Still working on the WW diet but am still the same weight. I've told inlaws I want $$ towards a gym membership for Xmas. We got their wishlists already - I won't elaborate 'cause 7th Heaven is about to start in 5 mins.

Will post again when I get the chance.

Stay cool everyone!

Hi There,

Neeny - I hope you feel better soon, there is nothing worse than being sick when its really hot!!

CeeCee - Good luck with Tresillian , let me know how they go, i can totally sympathise with the lack of sleep issue!

Simone - Potato and Pumkin soup sounds yummo!! you sound like a bit of a cooking wiz like Bathsheba!!

Ali - Hooray for Tori cutting a tooth, i think babies look adorable when they have those little teeth down the bottom, its a terrible time though! Good luck with the Job interview!!

Kel - I think a holiday is a great idea and no it will not harm the children at all, it would be good for them to spend time with their daddy and you will have a wonderful time, make sure you pamper yourself too!!

Well, we had another pretty good night last night, Lachlan was in bed at 8pm and he woke at 10.30 and was wet through, so i changed him and tried to give him some of his bottle but he wasnt interested so he went back to bed then woke at 12 to finish his bottle then slept until 5am!!this is massive for him, he then slept until 7!!
    Cross all your fingers for me girls that this is his turning point

anyway best go, im actually trying to get some housework done, im about ummm 6 months behind in it!!

Im not quite the domestic goddess Bath is, but i like to try...

I got a parcel today (Gotta lurve ebay!!) for $7.50m(plus $8.80 p/h) i got 5 pairs of socks, 3 headbands, 3 outfits, 2 tshirts and a could of other things i cant remember... all are in pretty good nick. So im about to go give my feedback... Only thing i wasnt happy with was the postage was only meant to be $5, and after i had "won" i got a message saying it was $8.80... dodgy..

Hey all - back on board
    I am pooped and carless, so simone I can't make it today

gonna try and sleep - if boy will let me!! waking at 5am to do work from home only works if you go to bed before midnight - LOL

zzzzzzzzz

Thats ok rory

Just relaxing atm, cooking done, kids are sleep (except for xander, who's in bed with me)...

Hiya Simone... I was just going to say that's a bugger about the wrong postage ammount... we actually don't bid on items outisde of Melbourne because we refuse to pay the extra postage. We drove to Croydon to collect the recent Duplo train set we won for example. Takes a bit of patience waiting for the item you want to come up for auction in Melbourne but I reckon it's worth the wait.

PlayGroup was good today... also went for lunch at a cafe with some of the other mums too... then on my way home I saw that the people across the road in the duplex house had put a set of shelves out for hard rubbish collection... and the new dad in the other side was standing in his front garden with his baby. I introduced myself and we got talking and their little boy was born the day after Niall at the same hospital!!!! They are first time parents and we haven't seen much of them but they seem really nice.... they've only been there for a few months too. Looks like Niall will have a new playmate! Gotta invite the mum to our playgroup too. Oh and the dad helped me carry the shelves into our front yard LOL I'm such a shameless scab! ROFL it will be good to store stuff in our garage.

grrr - just when I give up trying to sleep the little bugger settles down for a snooze

so tired......zzzzzzz.......

Have a good sleep Rory

Score Bath!!! I love roadside collections... Im shameless too :S

Jells Park was beautiful. Chelsea enjoyed playing in the lake (she wanted to get naked and go swimming but mummy wouldn't let her LOL!) until the ducks started to come over. She doesn't really like birds! Had an icecream and then Marley did her first roll from back to tummy YEAH!!!!!! DH didn't see it, but she did it very well, apart from trying to get her arm out which she eventually did, then tried to eat leaves and grass - her face was priceless I wish I took my camera.

Rory - hope you get a rest and make sure you go to bed before midnight tonight and try to get a good nights sleep.

Neeny - sorry to hear you are not well, must make it worse in the heat. Glad Aleise likes her pool, they are a great investment. How lovely about the photo. I bought an exercise bike and I love it - try to get on at least once a day. I joined a gym after Chelsea but it was always busy and I hated the looks I got from the young stick figures!!! I found it much easier to exercise at home, I usually pedal in my pyjamas at night (good look). Keep up the good work on WW.

Simone - is Anneliese any better? I hate buying from ebay when seller says they also charge a handling fee - I usually avoid them. How hard is it to post something. When I sell I only charge whatever the bag costs. Glad you liked the items you won. I am still taking photos of stuff, but would like to get it on before Xmas for some extra spending money!

Bath - you scab LOL!!!!! I too am guilty of checking out roadside stuff, but haven't found anything good yet. How nice of the new dad to help. It is amazing how you meet new people. Hopefully you can impart some words of wisdom to them.

Dee - great news, my fingers and toes are crossed for you!

Off to plan dinner, not sure what to have? Any suggestions?

LOL at the image of you pedalling on your exercise bike in your jammies Mel! hahaha... if we had one the kids would always be fighting over it! I'm actually thinking of getting myself a real bike at some stage... Verity could share it! She's almost as tall as me now! Have something cool for dinner... reckon it got over 26'C today... but maybe that's just my heat-hating estimation off the mark. I ended up making tofu noodles and salad last night... the tofu was in a sweet chilli sauce... my kids love spicy food...

better help Niall... tad unsettled today... his second tooth came through yesterday too.... now he has 2 at the bottom.

Bath it's not a pretty site!! I love tofu but have never cooked with it, did you buy it already in the sweet chili sauce? Something cold would be nice, maybe BBQued something? I definately felt hotter than 23 today, will be interesting to see what it actually got too.

Congratulations Niall on cutting your second tooth!

HOT here again today!
    I got stung by a bee this afternoon...on my lip and chin!!!!!!!I am in sooooo much pain.
    Pat has been whingy all afternoon and DH is still keeping this bloody secret from me. Sooo funny I just asked Kate what was planned for my birthday, so she said nothing. I tricked her by saying Dh had told me!!!!!!!! Bad mummy I am hehehe

Tofu: I just buy it plain in a large block... dice and add to stir fried vegies then add the sweet chilli sauce while the noodles are cooking. So easy. I avoid silken tofu though... it breaks up too easily. I also buy the organic stuff... can be expensive but i buy it when on special which it was at Coles last week... still, it's much cheaper than meat and is a good source of protein without the fat. it's an acquired taste and it's good to get kids onto it when they are young... they generally love it in a mild satay sauce to start off with.

Finally Niall sleeps! He's been awake since noon! A very long stint for him.

Ok... promised Wade i would let him watch Thomas on the computer... he loves the Thomas songs and sings along while watching the clip... pretty "coot" <--- his way of saying "cute" LOL.

Cee_Cee99 Guest

IK & Baths: Oh my, those video’s were up ages ago… but thanks for looking!

Baths – I’m v. impressed that you now use your grey water.. You go girl – it is good for your children as well that you show compassion to those who can not speak (the birds and the tress). great about your neighbor, that is really pretty cool. Where I live there are loads of new Mums today in Yoga I met a girl who lives two doors down! (I’m a shameless scab too, but I think people like that their stuff is going to a good home, nobody likes to see stuff go in the bin!) Last week there was a 1 & ˝ person couch on our corner so my DH and his friend tied it to the roof of his car and took it to my GF house (she has nothing)… it was pretty funny!

Jess – I had posted before but it got lost, I wanted to say that decisions about ‘positions’ are often made on other circumstances beside the candidate, so there is a 99% chance that is was not based on the type of person you are, or your children or anything to do with you, the people who make the decisions often have their own agenda’s – so although it is hard to not take it personally, it is highly likely that it was not personal IYKWIM? Hope your lip feels better. That happened to my friend as she was drinking from a can and the bee was in the can.. is that what happened to you?

Mel – OMG I can’t wait for the day Ally asks to go to bed! Sounds like you had a magic day, with a roll and all!

Nickers – awwwww.. sorry your little man is still sick.. poor little tike. Hugs to him. “I didnt push my luck with the fess though!” LOL

Simone – do you think the formula gave Anneliese the runs? I think it is maybe more likely to make them constipated? Hope she is better soon.. glad the cloth nappies are working out for you too... welcome to the nappy nerd club!

Ali – OMG, so much news from you.. teeth, job interview! It is all happening at your place!

Neeny – hope you feel better soon honey, nice that your in the Church newsletter.. we are having Ally ‘blessed’ on NYE, I can’t wait. We picked up her dress yesterday.

Tofu – I buy the pre-marinated stuff (Thai is my favorite) that way if I’m hungry I eat it straight from the packet! So yummy!

Dee – I’ve been waiting for your post!!!!wow.. I’m so glad QEII was so good for you. Sorry about your milk, however, you nearly made it to 6 months so that is a HUGE achievement and you should be super proud of yourself! Please keep us updated as those long naps sound amazing! If you can think of any more stuff that you could share please email me as we are have some troubles here… oh and re: housework, a few of us are onto this thing called Flylady. Do a web search it is GREAT.

So the lady from Trisillian came to our house today.. she was super nice, pregnant with her 4th! She was pretty flexible, but told me to stop BF to sleep, to wrap, to get rid of the mobile, to feed then play then bed, to only feed at night once or twice at say 11pm and then 2am then 5am rather than each hour that she wakes... so I will start tomorrow... she also recommended I stay home for a while to get into a routine... that part is going to be hard for me as I live for my Mothers group meetings... oh well, I will see how the other things work first before I give up my social life! Oh, super typical, Ally was alseep when the lady arrived, then slept for 90mins while the lady was there - she has only done that like three times in her whole life! Made me feel like I was making it all up! Tisk tisk! well, off to watch the idiot box... nighty night girls (wish me luck tonight).
    luv
    CC

CC- Funny enough, I was standing at the car window chatting to James after picking the kids up from school.All of a sudden I screamed get me some water! Tim threw me his water bottle and I poured it over my lip, then I looked down and saw it was a Bee. Yelled take me home now, got home, jumped the fence, ran into the house passed my aunts, opened the freezer grabbed the peas and shoved them on my face! I must have looked funny, cause my Aunts started laughing.
    Still swollen now, very sore(James tried to kiss me!) and I look like I have a fat lip!

MIA today, but for a good cause...I finished the muslin wraps and the sling! Woo Hoo to me! I can send them tomorrow morning, I am SO relieved.
    One more sleep and this splint is off.
    This is more of a hit and run post, cos DP has just served up a fabulous looking pasta...

Hi everyone,

I tried to send some pics but not sure if everyone got them. or even if anyone got them! My auntys puter is a pain in the buttt!!! Let me know if you didnt and I'll try again!!!

Love Kel

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast