Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #21

Simone - I love a glass of wine, but not the sweet stuff (except a nice dessert wine).

Nic - well done with the nappy change and panadol, he must have been out to it!

IK - that the one thing I miss about Cooper, was his peering inside the house wanting to come in. He'd give the big sad eyes look until he could come inside and we'd alwasy cave in LOL!

You know what?? I went to open the wine, and after all that... I dont have a bottle opener LOL. Spose its a sign. "DONT DRINK." Just watching the cows b!tch on biggest loser... need to get motivated and change the channel!!

I'm the same Nic. I prefer to have Pat in huggies overnight, they seem to soak up everything and he is dry at next change!
    Bella is being a right royal little PITA tonight! Refusing to lay down to sleep, she's sooking atm, soon she will start the screaming!
    Been up and down from the house all night, my Aunt just heard the new Westlife song(The rose) and was saying how she wanted the album...I came down here and downloaded the album for her.

IK, I know that you dont buy the "its fo me" business but believe me when I say if I ever got one it would be "for me!" I love having big boobs. When I first had the twins they were huge and I just loved them!!Now I still have heaps of milk but not so much boob! I love wearing bikinis and low cut tops and always have. I guess those of us born with smaller size ones want bigger ones and bigger ones want smaller ones. Kind of like the old curly hair syndrome!!!!

Tomorrow if I et a chance and I will really try, i will post up some pics of the twins.

Nic, Thanx for your kind words. Half the reason I decided to ask Rowen to move out is I didnt want to get depression of something like it. Especially for the kids sake. I feel good mentally and physically.

I booked a week in Bali today. Starting on the 23rd of Feb. Staying at the Bounty I think it is. I am going with a girlfriend and I cant wait. I am just scared that the twins will do something super special while I am gone! Rowen is taking the week off so I can go which is very very good of him. (I know, I know, they are his kids too) I will miss them like crazy but just need a break. That is not too selfish of me is it??? Its a week without them and they wont even be a year old. I felt a bit bad as soon as I'd paid for it!!
    What do you guys HONESTLY think???

Love Kel
    Last edited by Misskel; November 27th, 2006 at 10:04 PM.

Simone - PML about the bottle opener, only buy screw top from now on!!!!

Jess - I only use Huggies too. DH bought some of the Coles brand ones and they are horrible. They don't have any stretch in them so really hard to put on. There are some new ones they advertised in the Herald Sun that are biodegradable and apparently break down to nothing in 10 days! Can't remember who makes them and they didn't say how expensive they were. Hope Bella settles down soon.

Kel - GO FOR IT You will feel so much better after a break and will do DH good to look after the kids on his own. I think all of us mums need some "me" time and you will come back refreshed and so looking forward to seeing your babies. Don't feel guilty about it, do it and enjoy it! Would love to see some photos of the kids too.

Kel - honestly? Really, truly, what do I think about you taking a holiday in February? Why not! They're on solids and they're not boobie fed (are they? did I get that bit mixed up?), so why can't you leave them with their daddy while you give yourself a recharge, if that's what you want? For myself, I don't feel like going anywhere without Oscar cos I want him to share my adventures, but then again, Oscar is my only child for now and I may feel differently when I have 3 LOL! I don't see the 'bad mother' aspect in going away
    Oh, and you're right - whilst our current culture seems to value big boobs, I guess when you grow up having the opposite it would be a great novelty to have big ones for a while due to childbirth Unfortunately, there is no natural opposite for big boobed girls (like me) to temporarily feel like there is next to nothing there - that would be GREAT! I tell you what, it would be heaven to wear a halter neck bikini without adjusting it constantly to get the weight off the back of my neck...and that happened even when I was a 'mere' D cup, so now that I'm a DD cup, well, it's a literal pain in the neck!
    Mel - that Dane nature just kills me, that look in their face that says "well? I am part of this family, dammit, let me IN!" I saw a fabulous harlequin at the market yesterday. DP doesn't seem to believe me that the next best follow up to Odin's nature is a Dane.
    maybe I should get those bamboo nappies, being that we don't always use them...I would feel a lot better about my environmental impact...
    I managed to overlock some of this sling - better get back to it before I get called away...

Honestly Kel, I say GOOD ON YOU! You need some you time and Rowan is big enough to manage with the kids for a week.It is only a week and he might surprise you!

James is hiding something from me and he has the kids hiding it as well. I'm not sure but I think they have something planned for my b'day!

OMG - 6 pages since I last posted - you girls are freaks!

Sorry I have been AWOL - nephew's b'day party and friends over on Sunday and work photos, day-long city shopping meander and GF's DD's 1st b-day yesterday.

Kel - I can so understand you wanting a break! Honestly I don't think it would be a prob - esp cause they will be with their daddy (ie: a familiar face). I would LURVE to go on a solo holiday right now!

Boobs - ahh, I remember the day when my perky C cups couldn't hold a pencil undernearth them. Gradually I could hold a texta, now I reckon I would hold 72 pack of Derwents!!!

IK - DH put his foot down and said he wants to revert to bamboo nappies Wish that damn nappy recycling service would come back online - I have got attached to the old huggies....

CC - that is such good news about the sleeping, and Dee I am stoked for you!! Progress is progress - remember that

hello to everyone else

I shoul get to it - I need to "work" work today cause I told my boss I would get a lease to him tomorrow and I am behind in some other files! Simone, I will try to give you a call later today - a bit swamped ATM!!!

ciao bellas

quick one - does anyone know if you can freeze mango or banana - bought some cheap the other day and want to keep it for flynnie....

Rory - as far as i know you can freeze it... i used to make it up and freeze it in ice cubes though, easier than trying to defrost and then make it up... Cheap banana's?? OMG!!!

Well, had an absolutely rotten night, Xander still has a temp (got up to 39.6 last night) and spent the night tossing and turning and sweating in my bed, Declan just didnt want to sleep in his room on his own, so wouldnt settle, and Anneliese woke up 5 times screaming, and took me ages to settle her. I got up at 5am and cleaned out the kids playroom, it looks good now Going to make some bikkies for when rory comes around later on - thinking coconut macaroons... do u like them rory, or should i make some muffins from scratch?? have to make sure i have all the ingredients, as i dont have the car today... I should have a morning tea, i love cooking cake and slices and stuff!! (maybe i should make an apple slice!!)

hey to everyone, will lurk for a while...

Good morning girls so... are we going to finish this thread today? LOL we're half way there after only one day's posting!

I'm on my way to PlayGroup today... then a bit more Chrissy shopping so I might not be online much.

Kel: As always my honest opinion is that a week away will not harm your babies... infact it's probably the best time to go before separation anxiety sets in. I was reading last night that this develops at 6 months and lasts until they are 3 yo... I didn't know it was for that long... Verity didn't seem to have a bad case of it... Wade certainly does.... wonder which way Niall will go. Anyhow, I also believe in letting men have long extended periods of caring for their children. An hour here or there doesn't really give them a true idea of the relentlessness of it... what it's like to be constantly on-call and constantly vigilant... even though a baby is simply crawling around on the floor it is mildly stressful knowing that something bad could happen in a wink of an eye... might they find something and pop it in their mouths? Will they roll over and injure themselves on a sharp corner? the list goes on... men don't always get that... they see you sitting on a couch watching the baby crawling on the floor and think "she's doing nothing, why does she say she's tired all the time???" Also I don't think they realise how exhausting it can get lifting them for nappy changes/baths/into prams/into cots... I know my DH finds it tiring and of course he would: his "normal" day is spent sitting at a desk lifting nothing heavier than his briefcase/phone/pen! I always think it's a bit of a joke when a man thinks he's doing a mother a great service by lifting (eg) a heavy bag of groceries because she's the "weaker" sex... then he goes off leaving her to lift a 20kg toddler... anyhow, you gotta appreciate their efforts I guess.

Ok... better go or we'll be late... have a lovely day girls

Well ladies, i've decided im cooking today - making coconut biscuits, cheese muffins and thinking about making potato/pumpkin soup. Mum has the best recipe... might have to wake her, she's 3 hours behind and i wanna make a move!!

Bath - have a great day!! Dont spend too much LOL

Rory, my kids are disease bags, you dont have to come around if you dont want to... But ill have lots of food if you do want to visit!!

Anyone know what to do with a screaming 5 month old?? She wont stop crying... Even when i hold her (she just scratches me). I dont know whats wrong with her... She's been like this since last night. I might have to get some panadol or nurofen into her, as something really isnt right... I KNEW i shouldnt have lent my car to DH today... Things only go wrong on the days that im carless!!

I might go bake now, take the kids outside for a picnic... if anyone wants to join me, you know my number

Ok thanks evertone I feel so much better about Bali! I needed to hear from other Mums.But now I am super excited.

Have to get Mia to school. Be back later

Love Kel

Kel- It is so good to see you back, I am so sorry to hear about you and Rowan. I think you deserve huge hugs and pats on the back for choosing to put your mental health first- I hope that you can work things out if that is what is meant to happen. As for Bali, I say go for it, you will have a ball- I stayed at the Bounty a couple of years ago and it is a great place for having drinks and relaxing by the pool. And remember if it comes down to it Perth is only 3 hrs 40 mins from bali, so you would actualley be further away if you went to syd or Melb.

Dee- I was only thinking about you the other day and wondering how you had gotten on. I am so glad that things are on the improve for you, it must be such a relief after all this time to have found someone to help, and to finally be getting some sleep.

Nic- I also have a Huggies obsession at night, I can't go to bed knowing that she isnt wearing a huggies because I am feel like the next time I get up to her she will be laying in a sodden nappy. Sorry to hear that Nixon isnt well, poor little sausage.

Simone- sorry to hear that you are still struggling with sick kids, it has really been a rough trot for you latley.

IK- Glad to hear that your op was succesful and you are recovering well from it.

Bath- Enjoy your christmas shopping today- have you got much more to do?

As for us, Tori has cut her first tooth and I am pretty sure that she has another on the way because she is still drooling like a trooper and a bit grumpy over the last few days. She is trying so hard to crawl but still can't quite manage it, she only manages to go round and round in circles.
    I have a job interview tomorrow for a 2 day a week job share appointment in a year 1/2 class, which will be just perfect if I get it .......so keep your fingers crossed for me.

Anyway I had better go, Tori is trying to chew my shoulder off so I had better go and feed her, I hope that everyone has a great day.

Morning everyone, you guys get moving so early and so much to catch up on already!!!! We got up at 8.30 this morning, Chelsea slept in and so did Marley - love it!!!

Bath - enjoy playgroup and shopping. I still have to pick up layby's and other bits. Will maybe do it at night with no kids, much easier.

Rory - what are you doing up so early, your post was at some ungodly hour 6.40am!!! The down side of working from home is actually getting work done. Hope you get some done today but the allure of home cooked goodies from Simone might be too good to refuse!! I used to freeze bananas in their skin. Mangoes you puree then freeze. To keep bananas for up to 2 weeks, you wrap each one in tinfoil and place in fridge (either ripe or unripe), when you want to ripen it or use it, take out 24 hours before you want it. Something in the tinfoil prevents it from ripening. Good for when bananas are cheap.

Simone - you cooking goddess! and with sick kids too! They all sound so good, if I lived closer I would be over for a cuppa. Hope the panadol gives her some relief, not nice when they scream. They boys should feel better soon.

DH is not working today (hooray!) so we are all going to Jells Park this afternoon. They have a couple of different playgrounds and ducks in the lake. Shame it is not near public transport as it would be a perfect place to go for a meet up (with all the kids, not just babies). Will make sure I slip, slop, slap and wear a hat as its quite warm outside. All washing should dry today!

Have a great day

Whew, i just finished cooking Potato and Pumpkin soup, coconut macaroons (except they didnt keep their shape, the oven wasnt hot enough...)and i also made cheese muffins to go with the soup. I had a yummy healthy lunch!! BIL came over while i was making it, and i had to promise him some soup... He reckons he should've married me LOL!! Finished just in time for desperate housewives...

Cee_Cee99 Guest

hi girls,
    Kel - hello, I say go for it if you can....you will probably be a better Mum when you get back! (not that your not good now, but YKWIM) he hee!
    Rory - I always use frozen bannana's for bannan smoothies (that are better frozen). So I'm sure you can freeze them both...
    Simone - maybe a bath for Annelise? Ally seems to calm down in a bath - or take her outside? good luck honey.
    Dee - your back, need to go read your posts, sorry I'm really behind at the moment...

just a quick one from me, Ally slep in 2 hour lots again last night.. yawn...but trisillian just called, they are coming over this afternoon so going to clean my house a little.. Ally has only had one 30min nap since 8am, so she will probably be alseep with the nurse gets here!!!! typical!
    must run - hope to chat tonight?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast