Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #21

Bath - thanks for the tofu tip, which area of supermarket is it in? I will look out for it and give it a go! And I love satay.

CC - kids love making liars out of us! Glad you found the lady nice and helpful. Sounds like a good plan, hope Ally goes well with it. When Marley was born, I stayed home for 2 weeks (I was going crackers by then!!!), to get her settled into some sort of routine and thankfully it worked and she still has a fairly flexible routine. Speaking of tofu, do you get your marinated one from supermarket too?

Jess - bummer about the bee sting, must have hurt like hell!

IK - big cheers for you! What are you going to do with your time now they are finished LOL!!! Hope all goes well with the unveiling of the nose tomorrow. Was pasta yummy?

Hey Mel,

let me know your e-mail and I'll send you some pics too!

Love Kel

Thanks Kel, I just emailed you so you have my address. Simone & IK gave me the Junies email list. Can't wait to see the pictures!

I am soooo ****ed off at the moment.
    Why may you ask???

Because my so called best friend came around about an hour ago and told me that she was OFFERED a 4 bedroom house today through rural housing! Why come around and gloat when you know that your friend is living in a caravan. They have 5 children and I have 6...the only difference is they are already through Housing. I mean its ridiculous!
    We have been told that we can't get a house because we have a debt, but she told me not 2 months ago that she was at risk of being evicted because she was behind in rent. They have also installed an air conditioner without housings permission. I'm sorry ladies but I am just so angry that I had to let it out.

Are you sure she was gloating, Jess? Maybe she just wanted to share her good news with her best friend? Obviously, you know her better than we do, but try to make sure your own frustration with housing doesn't cloud what might just have been 'good news sharing' on her part It may be one of those situations where you aren't privy to the reasons she's ahead of you, like those waiting rooms with signs that say "We provide a range of services, so if someone who arrives later is seen before you, it may be because they are receiving a different service, thank you for your patience" kind of things (I had this at Monash Medical a few weeks ago!).
    Mel - there's HEAPS more to turn my attention to LOL! I still haven't whipped out my El Cheapo acrylic paints and equally El Cheapo wooden shapes from the local bargain shop - I'd love to sit out and paint tomorrow arvo after the hospital appointment.
    I did something silly before. I thought I had a crusty in my nostril (TMI warning) so I thought I'd coax it out with my tweezers, as it appeared to be right near the tip of my nose. Ahem, it was attached to a stitch...which I duly pulled away and was left with a thread hanging out of my nostril - I have no idea where it was supposed to be, so I just cut that end off and tucked the rest back in! I'm such an idiot- it didn't hurt so I just kept tweaking...d*ckhead! But don't worry, girls, my nose is still hanging on LOL
    Kel - great photos! I love the holding hands
    Bath - last collection I saw nothing of interest, but I've been known to pull of a piece here and there!
    I've gone blank again - I"m tired after my marathon effort with these sewing machines...
    Tomorrow I'll be light on here - ABA in the morning, appointment in arvo and hoping to be in the backyard after that
    Night all...

well Nixon was a bit unsettled last night, he woke at 3am then 4am and done a big poo was then wide awake. Took me an hour to settle him then he woke again at 6am, i couldnt be stuffed trying to settle him so i brought him in with me!
    Then this arvo i noticed one of his top teeth is starting to cut through. So poor Nixon has a snotty nose a horrid chesty cough and a tooth pushing through! This will make it tooth number 3 and i rekon it will be cut in the next few days.

Havent checked my e mails yet Kel, looking forward to seeing the pics Thanks.

I indulged at Myer today buying xmas decorations! DH got some extra money from working his butt off so we are going to buy a good fake tree (figure we are going to have it for many years so mose well buy a good one once) & i bought some nice deco's. Going with the white xmas theme and copied (for anyone who's seen the trees in myer) the blue & ice one. Got some really nice snow flake ones and very pretty blue ones, now just gotta buy the tree and excited to decorate it.

hmm what else... oh dh looked after nixon while i got my butt to the gym and did a step class! I bet i will be sore tomorrow....

Jess- maybe your best friend wasnt trying to gloat as such but just didnt think about your situation at the time cause she was so happy herself? It is a bit insensitive but if she is your friend i am sure she wouldnt want it to hurt you. ouch on the bee sting, on your lip/chin too thats nasty.

Yeah I know she was probably excited but she came around at the wrong time and when I walked off she didn't even ask DH what was wrong with me. All through my pregnancy she totally ignored me and even now if I go around she talks to Dh and not me. Come on I'm not that stupid!
    The worst part was that she came TO the caravan and sat in the car out the front and made me come to her! I love her and her partner to death , but they know what we are going through and they still hurt me.

Sorry, Jess, I don't quite understand - are you saying you think she's hitting on your DH? I'm not very clear on what she's done wrong exactly, sorry! It seems, from this side, that you're a bit cut up about housing making you wait till Feb and because of the issues they have with you you're just finding it hard to be happy for your friend. If this is the case, then that's perfectly human You'll want your friend to be happy for you when your number comes up, so maybe just pretend to be happy and pretend that you had a hormonal hissy fit tonight? It just seems to me that you're displacing your anger at Housing onto your friend. Like I said, we don't know her, but you've vented about her here and this what I hear...sorry, I can't help you dump on your friend because you'll feel bad enough when you've made up, without having people she doesn't know dumping on her, too IYKWIM!
    I think I'll have a drink, try to put the boy down and fold nappies then bed...I know, I thought I'd be off for the night, but I gravitated back to the laptop!

IK - glad your nose is still there. I am sure the doc will pull it out tomorrow, probably with the same type of tweezers LOL!!! I have been making up photo frames for my friends with newborns (there has been a few lately!) that have their name on it and I attach funky little things like coloured buttons etc. My friends son is 1 month on Thurs and I still haven't done hers - might do it Thurs as it will be far too hot to even step foot outside the house.

Nic - poor Nixon, triple whammy! Hopefully the third tooth will cut soon and give him some relief. Marley has a very red face tonight and felt hot but no temp - not sure what it is, maybe teething? Your Xmas tree will be beautiful, I know which one you are talking about as I did the rounds in Myer last week. I loved the hot pink, black and silver. A house always looks so festive with a great tree. Ours will go up on Friday with the theme of burgundy and silver. Go girl with your step class - my motivation levels have been a bit low lately.

Jess - hopefully your turn will come soon to shout your good news. Don't let it upset you.

Simone - where are you honey????

Hello everyone

Mel - im here, had a big chat with Dh tonight... i feel like he just wants me for one thing, and after all i've been through lately, "thats" the last thing on my mind... Its been well over a month, but its still not something i really want right now, and he seems to think im getting it somewhere esle (WHAT THE!!)

Jess - sorry you got stung... sounds so painful!!

CC - hopefully things start settling down for you so you can get back into your social life... The only social life i have have is when i meet up with the junies LOL!!

I dont think formula has given anneliese the runs, as she's been on formula since birth (while i was only making colostrum they had to give her something) and while she is mainly BF, sometimes i have to give her a ff to top her up, as my milk supply is pretty dodgy. She's been vomiting up every feed since lunchtime, BF or FF, so ill just see how she goes overnight. Hopefully she doesnt get dehydrated, the last thing i need is a trip to the childrens, as although declan's better (FINALLY!!!) Xander is really sick now, the flu and has bad conjunctivitis. and i told DHS where to go last week, so they'll be looking for a reason to jump onto me... I just told them i didnt want to have a "protective planning meeting." They have had nothing to complain about, they should go pick on the druggie and the people bashing theit kids, not poor ole me, who got dobbed in for nothing at all!! i rarely drink (and never around the kids) i sometimes smoke (and not the wacky tobacky, just the regular, over the counter ones LOL) and i never EVER take drugs. My house is ALWAYS tidy (well, mostly always ) the kids are always clean, fed and in decent clothes, so what more can i do as a mother?? Im sorry to go on, but i just dont know what to do about them anymore...

You know what?? I wish something would go right for me. I came to Melbourne in the hopes of starting a new life, and instead i've broken up with my hubbie, been left a single mum of 3, and i have no family at all over here... I just dont know what to do anymore. Im sorry to go all "sobby" of you guys, i just wish something would start going right for me... Maybe i should get out of the house tomorrow. Bit hard with 2 sick kids though...
    Last edited by simone; November 28th, 2006 at 09:46 PM.

IK- I'm sorry that I have confused you.. She isn't hitting on him, but she makes me feel like I am invisable. You know talking about me like I'm not there(How's Jess? I mean to catch up with her, but I never see her!). I have said something about it but am ignored so I don't bother anymore.
    The point is she doesn't need another house. The house she is in has 3 bedrooms and even though she has 5 children, most of the time the four older children stay at their fathers place.I guess I am also upset at the fact that she really doesn't need housing as she does own a house. Her ex lives in it , but she pays the rates on it.As you stated hun, I am annoyed with housing for doing this, but at the same time she didn't need to come around and tell us like she did. A bit of discretion was needed.
    ETA: Simone.
    DHS are crooks, you know that and so do I! Try her on water and see how she goes, Patrick did that last week, so I gave him a bottle of water and he was much better. Protective Services promised me that they would look into getting me into a house and I am still waiting.
    Last edited by Jesswith6; November 28th, 2006 at 09:39 PM.

Teeth - Oscar has a cerrated edge on his top gum, on the inside edge...there's definitely some action there, explaining his sookiness, poor love! Of course, it's so onerous for me to pick him up, cuddle him and make him smile Ah, well, that's my job now!
    I hear ya, Mel - was thinking of going to the IR rally, but if it's gonna be that hot I won't be wearing him in one of my slings (an Ergo carrier, yes, but not a HAB and the shoulder sling would kill after 2 hours!) and it won't be very practical to bring a pram. Actually, why not? It's to fill the 'G'...I could hang out on the pitch! It's meant to be over by 10am, so we might be ok. I wanted to drive in to a Dandenong line train station so that I could then drive to Malvern for the Mothers Direct sale (where I intend to buy said Ergo carrier). Be home by early arvo and sit out on the lawn under the walnut tree, leaving Oscar all nekked on the grass...pity I won't be allowed to go into a pool, what's the point if I can't swim underwater? I LOVE being underwater!
    Simone - DHS deals a lot with paper, unfortunately, and it sounds like they have to go through the motions...taking you with them! It's a bit crap, but you've ridden it through thus far and you're a stayer

OMG, Jess, she HAS a house! Yeah, that puts a different hue on it, for sure! Not nice of her to not make an effort after you've addressed the 'invisible' issue with her. She is starting to sound like an "it's all about me" kind of person, I had a 'best friend' like this once. She is still the same and the people she still sees with whom I am mutual friends say it still drives them nuts! I'm starting to see what you see, unfortunately
    I am still riding a little high after finishing my sewing projects - I just hope my sister likes and can figure out the sling! It's a little stretchier, so I didn't need to make it as long...she'll have lots of fabric wrapped around her waist...but there is a cute little koala iron-on transfer (that didn't iron on, so I stitched it instead) in the middle of the pocket. It's a navy wrap with a bright red pocket version of my HAB. And cos it's navy, it's very slimming! I have enough of that fabric to make another one...when I can be arsed...and I have another iron-on transfer of a fire truck for that one
    No nappies got folded, oh well!
    ETA: Thanks, Mel, that's made me feel better! Now I reckon I'm going to laugh during the stitches removal...good one!
    ETA again: Simone, from what you've told me, I'd say that breaking up with your DH IS something going right, even though you don't see that right now. You mention last week that you were homesick - is it possible for your family to fly you over there for a bit? The sick kids will make you feel like you're in a deeper hole than you're actually in, too. Yep, you have good mates here on BB, so that's going right, ok? Your DH has some serious issues that you can't help him with if he's not going to believe that you're not seeing someone else (let alone accuse you of it in the first place, never mind not believing your denial of such!). You cannot 'make' him feel better about himself or his situation - he has GOT to take responsibility for himself, just like you do, and stop blaming you for things and getting you to wear his insecurities. That is the only way he is going to be able to move forward and give you the space you need from him. This must sound like gobbledegook, but I'm making sense in my own head!
    Last edited by Smoke Jaguar; November 28th, 2006 at 10:00 PM.

Hey IK - did you say you made a HAB?? I was thinking about making Anneliese one, i would love to 'wear' her, and as she's still so small, its woudl be so easy... Im just too broke to spend so much money buying one atm, and they're expensive on ebay... may as well buy it brand new!! What fabric do you make them out of, and how long by how wide would you have to have it?? (now i just have to buy a sewing machine and learn how to sew!!)

ETA - The only good thing out of me comgin to Melb is i have gotten to meet some wonderful ppl through BB... My family couldnt fly me to Perth, not at christmas time (i have 5 younger siblings, expensive time of the year for mum and dad) and i only went to Perth in Sept for 4 weeks... Mum helped me out big time for the tickets then. So i couldnt ask again. And we'll barely be having christmas here, let alone spare money for flights...
    Last edited by simone; November 28th, 2006 at 10:03 PM.

Sim, how bout I just make you one and only charge you materials? I'm going to make another one anyway, and then I was thinking of making another to stick on eBay cos I figured by then I would have honed my skills! At a rough estimate it would cost me about $40-50 (they cost about $120 new) to cover fabric and any threads to match the colour of your choice (well, the choice available in Spotlight or Lincraft, depending on where I'd have to go!), and maybe a matter of about $4 for an iron-on transfer (they had some dragonflies and other cutie pie things there). Whatchu think?

That sounds great IK... and i love dragon fly's!! I have bit of jewellery and also car accessories that are all dragon flys!! You'd do that for me?? Awww.... i might have to do a trip up your way when the kids are in daycare, and we can go fabric shopping...

Sorry about my little tirade ladies but I'm upset, in fact I'm sitting here in tears!
    I never thought I would have been in here this long, this was supposed to be a temporary thing, not long term.I just can't handle it anymore.
    Got Pat weighed yesterday and he now weighs 6.91kg, is 65cm long and his HC is 42

Sounds good! There's a big Spotlight in Bayswater that I go to and then there's Lincraft at Knox, but I think Spotlight is the go. I couldn't charge you labour - you girls are all privy to the fact that I've only made one so far, so it's not like the labour is highly skilled LOL!
    Ok, it really is time to get ready for bed. Boy is awake and will want a feed...
    ETA: Jess, hang in there, before you know it we'll be in February :hugs: but don't wish for Feb too fast...I go back to school then! Seriously, though, I can feel your distress, so just think about how much more you're going to love your new house when you eventually see the back of the caravan AND, we'll be here to be really happy for you when that day comes, ok?
    Last edited by Smoke Jaguar; November 28th, 2006 at 10:20 PM.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast