Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #22

Hey all!! Yes i bought a HAB, a pretty strawberry and nougat one... It was $95. Im just too impatient, and with Anneliese being sick, i need to still be able to get stuff done. So i splurged

Took Anneliese back to paed today, she didnt wet a nappy all night, and since 8pm last night she's had 3 feeds (one at about 8pm, one at 8am, one atm) Going back at 5pm to check if she's getting better or worse in drs eyes

Will definately be there tomorrow, Xander is much better today, and WILL be going to daycare tomorrow. So it'll just be me, Anneliese and the HAB!!! (going to watch a DVD on how to put it on, IK helped me put it on in the ABA shop in Malvern).

Im way to knacked to catch up on personal right now, promised H (not DH lol) that i would pick him up at 5.30, and i have to still have a nap, pick declan up from daycare and take allie to drs... i need more hours in the day!!

Simone - how cool! Hope it isn't too tricky to work out. IK makes it look so easy. Colour sounds gorgeous! Well done! Hope dr gives Anneliese a good report. Good news that Xander is better too. Make sure you keep us updated how she goes at drs.

Nic - your house must be spotless. Its amazing how much you can get done when they sleep for a bit. Sounds like Nixon will be having a feast, yum. Good combinations too.

Bath - I bet your doona will dry now. It has gotten very warm here and windy. Hopefully my washing will dry now.

IK makes it look easy even when she put it on me, but im sure ill stuff it up... I have the instructional DVD, so will try that... I wont get to wear it again today, unless i go late night shopping (which i prolly will end up doing, dont have any spending money, spent it on the HAB!!)

Have such a headache, i hate hot weather...

Wondering if Nixon is cutting down on his milk?? The last week when he has his bottle feeds he has been leaving anything from 30ml-110ml (from 250ml)
    He just woke from a 2.5hr sleep so i prepared a bottle with only 200ml this time he drank 20ml and doesnt want a bar of it.......
    My supply has dwindled a bit to now i am only bf the first 2 feeds. The morning feed is still good but 2nd one not much.

Nic - when they're on solids, they tend to cut down their feeds (i found the boys would only have a bottle when they got up in the morning, to go down for their afternoon naps, and to go to bed at night) from about 8 months. They just werent interested. IS he still a little unwell?? Anneliese has only bf 3 times in the last 20 hours, she's just so snuffley she doesnt want to. I know my supplies disappearing, heading to drs this arvo to get some domperidone (like fenugreek, but you get a much better supply). I hope he starts drinking again for his mummy!!

ETA Maybe also because of the hot weather, he doesnt want milk - maybe a little cooled water, or watered down juice?? Thats a nice treat

BTW Nic i think you've done an awesome job, still BF now, just wanted to say well done
    Last edited by simone; November 30th, 2006 at 03:27 PM.

What a day! Great to see Simone, Xander and Liesy - geez, Xander is so huggable!
    Yes, Simone probably should have waited for me to make one, but how or never, she was determined! It IS a lovely HAB, such sweet colours to match that cutie pie little girl Just keep practising, it does eventually become second nature. The website also has a pictorial guide to putting it on. At this stage she'll be using the peapod and heart-to-heart position a lot, and later the koala and outward facing positions. Oscar still goes in HTH for sleeping, but wriggles out to koala once awake LOL
    The rally was great - I left after the 'g' part as I didn't want to push my luck with Oscar. As it was, he fell asleep when I got off the train at Malvern (would have been better off on the Alamein line, but the person at Richmond wearing a Connex uniform sent me to the Dandenong line...East Malvern is not on that line! So, I've walked heaps. I'm sure I'll feel great tomorrow. Oscar woke at the end of our tram ride to Camberwell, so I fed and changed him and threw him into my new Ergo carrier - he fell asleep again! I am LOVING my Ergo! Between the 3 slings I have Oscar-carrying covered. It's hard to put washing out with him in the HAB, so I can put him on my back in the Ergo now, as well as going to see my horse (a lot of uphill walking, better if he's behind). I also bought the beautiful ABA calendar for 2007. The lady on the front looks like a mermaid and I would give anything to have such a beautiful shot taken of Oscar and I, for posterity.
    Anyway, haven't been to the pool yet, but I think I may still sneak it in. If not it's no biggie, I could do with just resting at home!
    DP was delighted to see his boy again and whipped him out of the Ergo as soon as I got home.
    I am bushed, will see how I go for tomorrow, girlies. If I dont' go I'll be going to Knox to get me some Lovable bras from Myer - 25% off. Was going to get two from Mothers Direct but I get staff discount so I'll head to a Myer store. Turns out I am still incorrectly fitted. I'm not a 14DD, I'm a 12E, at least in this style (Hestia 14DD seems to be fine ATM), so that was a revelation!
    I am so happy about how you are progressing, Dee! One thing at a time, I suppose - get a pattern established with the boy and then work on the other 'child' and teaching him about 'sorry'!
    DP is working on our deck - finally! He was going to get onto this about this time last year, but now that the boy is here he has been injected with new energy
    boy trying to eat my icy pole...must go...

Ok I'm back again, thanks for all your concern, phyiscally I'm fine but mentally I'm having a bit of trouble lately. I'm having alot of issues with body image and about DH not understanding that when I've visably cleaned the house or other such stuff it's nice to know that he has noticed that I'm not home doing nothing, and that the kids do mess up the stuff that I've cleaned up before he gets home, but no he just notices the mess and wonders why I have a short fuse when he asks why nothings been done all day and the same mess is here day in and day out.

The problem with my body image is that I KNOW that I need to lose weight but I just don't have the time to go for a walk or much else, I know that it will drop off after I finish bf as it as does. I don't know I suppose I just have to work thru it by myself.

Simone congrats on getting your HAB the colours sound great, I hope that there's nothing else wrong with Anneleise.

Nic lucky you getting to clean the house, you can come do mine if you like .

Bath hope you got your doona and nappies dried.

Cody had his first taste of rice cereal at lunch, was funny he kinda swished it around in his mouth for a while then swallowed it, so will see how he goes tomrrow. Kailen has his appointment at the hospital tomrrow, so will see how he goes.

Dee and Kel I didn't get your emails of the bubs, but it sounds as if they are going well, especially with Lachlan, he sounds like he's a different boy now.

hugs xoxo

Nic - funny you should mention the cutting down of milk cause Marley has been doing exactly the same thing over the past 3 days. She is formula fed and normally woofs down a full 210ml bottle but is now finishing varying amounts at each feed. The formula tin says 3-4 bottle feeds once they start solids so I will be starting her soon. Nixon is already on solids so not sure why he's not drinking much, maybe he would prefer to cut down on one feed and then he might make it up with the other feed? They're fickle little buggers aren't they???

IK - bet Oscar loves his Ergo carrier! Looking out over the world. Glad you had a good day. At least it wasn't too hot when the rally was on. Bras!!! I have been so desperate to get new ones, but keep putting it off. Since I stopped feeding, I am sure they have changed and I am still using my pre pregnancy ones, which aren't comfortable. Will get to it one day!!!! Perfect weather for being out on a deck, hopefully DH made some progress.

Amanda - at least you know whats making you feel down. Is the weight really a problem and if you don't mind me asking, how much weight do you want to lose? Don't forget that your baby is still only young and you have got so many other demands at the moment. Try not to make your weight such a big issue, you are still who you are no matter what size you are. I have put on a bit of weight since having 2 kids and was a bit down about it the beginning but I have given up worrying about it. It gets too stressful!!! The only time it bothers me is when I want to shop for new clothes and nothing fits! I know I am never going to be a skinny mini and I think being a bit more rounded (thats my word for it!!!) is not necessarily a bad thing. Please don't stress too much about it - enjoy life. My silly motto is "food is to be enjoyed, not counted".

Bath - didn't get to shops today, so making the tofu tomorrow night instead. I am so looking forward to it. Did your doona dry?

Hey ladies

Been pottering around the house doing housework with Anneliese in the HAB. I can get stuff done now!! Tried giving Anneliese a boob feed for 1/2 an hour, and ended up having to give her a ff as she was screaming and scratching me. Maybe my boobie feeding is coming to an end... MY goal was 6 months, but even if i'm not giving her much, i'll still bf her, even just for comfort... feel a little sad though Maybe its just the stress, everything getting to me?

Amanda - maybe time to tell DH you need some you time, just to recharge?? I hope you start feeling better soon, sending you lots of What i used to do to get the weigh off after Declan was go for a walk with Dh and Xander every night, just around the block. Or if DH didnt want to, he had to watch the kids while i went (generally they were in bed anyway) so i was having some me time, just me, the pavement and my ipod, and walking the weigh off... it worked, i got down to my pre pg weight (as well as eating well. Summers the best time to lose weight!!) Hope you work something out...

IK - maybe you were a E not a DD as you hadnt fed Oscar for a while?? As you say that your DD's are still comfy... Ahh, the joys of BF, your boobs change every day... You better come tomorrow, you missed out on our last meetup LOL. We'll go to myer and get your bra's tomorrow

So who's in on tomorrow?? ME...

Hello girls - what time are we meeting tomorrow?

I just got back from my book club christmas dinner, and the little terrorist was still awake! But as soon as I got home and gave him a little boobie and cuddle he went to sleep without a fight. Dang! I think I am his sleep association!

DH did such a good job though - took Flynn for a walk and even taped the baby talking special.

I will have to wait and see tomorrow if I am meeting up, cause I just need to finish off the final draft of my lease.....

What did we all think of the show on Ch 9? I thought it was really interesting and wish I had of known it a bit sooner. It was really good to watch the babies actually making the different sounds, they sounded so clear once you knew what to listen for. Clever lady!

Simone - glad the HAB is working well for you. Can't wait to see Anneliese in it, she must look so cute.

Have fun tomorrow, wish I could make it. I'll let you know if we actually get to see Santa tomorrow!

Melbournites, I'm pretty wrecked, I may not make it out of bed in time for a meet up I then have to think about doing a big grocery shop as I missed our fortnightly shop last week cos of the surgery...not much in the fridge and I'm nearly out of juice!
    Looks like I'll be going to Knox for my bra buying action, instead. Reckon I'd be right for a meet the following week, though!
    I was at a lingerie party tonight and one of the women there got my goat. She was a bit snooty with me, and I think it's because she was talking about slings (the hostess was asking me about my Ergo) and I mentioned the HAB. This lady asked what it was and I was explaining and extolling the virtues of the HAB and she almost visibly ystuck her nose up in the air and said she was happy with her sling and when you find one that works you stick to it...ummm, yeah, ok, whatever, lady! If you're gonna ask, then be nice! I think she also had an attitude with me cos she thought she'd 'put me in my place', in that the other mummies there had more than one child - as if I needed to earn my stripes in childbirth frequency to be able to say that a HAB is the bees knees. Plus, us lucky mummies with friends who can lend or relatives who send you slings can say there is merit in having more than one sling type! Anyway, her attitude was unnecessary. That's party plan for you - sometimes you wonder where your friends get some of their friends from! I had nice people to talk to, though - I had no intention of buying and I went to catch up with the brigade partners (hostess is a firefighter like me, actually).
    Gave back the bassinette tonight, too - that room is so opened up now I'm gonna have to flylady this place...take the plunge!

we bought and put out chrissy tree up last night! I had so much fun doing it too. and it looks AWESOME!! ive taken a pic but dont have time to upload it till this arvy to show u.
    got get Nixon up fed/ready allt he rest of it b4 we go to the seminar.
    Have a nice meet up Rory/Simone/Bath.
    I gae Nixon a bf when we got home last night but he was just toying with it and when he started biting me i said thats it!! so he really only had 3 milk feeds yesterday.... c how he goes today. He is still getting better so maybe just off his food is a possibility too. I have been giving him water also but he hasnt been taking much.

Good morning... I went to bed last night at 8pm... I was just exhausted... Wade had been running rings around me and Niall is more wakeful of an afternoon and the heat eventually got to me... so I missed the Baby Talking show...

Doona dried.

Simone just sent me a sms saying she's hurt her wrist... won't be able to come into the city today... hope you're ok darl! Doesn't matter... I'll still go in and show Wade his clock... I just need to get out of the house, and this is a quick and easy way of having a bit of cheap fun... I'll still be able to go in again next Friday to catch up with IK... and Mel if you can join us again Rory, were you still undecided about today? If you decide to join me I'll be there (either clock or cafe in Borders) at about 10.30 -11am I guess.... if you really want to catch up I can alter the time though.

Hey Bath, you've probably left by now - but DH and I only just got out of bed (hehe!)

So I won;t be coming in today - plus I have to finish this damn lease - grrrrr!

nah...haven't left...boys slowing me down... doesn't matter rory... catch you next week

Hee, hee - the Christmas icons are up! I think we (as in 'I') will just decorate the house and leave the tree for next year. We won't be here for Christmas and the house isn't big enough this year to crowd Oscar's crawling space with something we'll have to cordon off anyway! We'll put presents on top of the wood heater under the stockings hanging there. It's so ridiculous that we've got all this winter iconography for an event tha happens in our summer!
    The milk in my cereal tastes funny, and it's well within the use by date!
    I hope your wrist gets better soon, Simone! I guess that means more one-handed typing for a while
    I just got out of bed before, with Oscar, so I think a good sleep in was definitely in order. He is now doing what I could only imagine a few months ago - finding and feeding! He gets up on his haunches and crawls over to feed from me...next thing I know I have a parasite attached to me that I didn't have to manoevre into position! He wakes up pretty happy with himself these days (despite teething) because he can crawl around and explore first thing in the morning! Such a happy kid.
    I had a terrible dream before I woke, too. It was awful. DP was moving in on another chick when I was nearby and the people sitting at my table (we were in some kind of eatery) were telling me it was ok, but I was telling them the signs to look out for...and he carried out every single sign that he interested in this girl. When the last and most convincing one happened I got up and stormed out sobbing. My friends came after me (one of them my SIL!) they said not to worry,that he would call me. Well, he did end up calling but he said not to take long cos it was costing him money. I said to hang up and I'd call back but he promptly hung up, leading me to conclude that he was at this girl's place. It was SO weird and intense! DP wouldn't have the time, the guts or the charm anymore (would require too much energy LOL) to even consider this sort of extracurricular activity, and I implicitly trust him, so I dont' know where this dream came from! Plus, he thought I looked hot yesterday AND I cooked him salmon steaks, so the dream was clearly unwarranted! Maybe it's just a reminder to me to appreciate his sexiness and non-flirting charm more
    Oscar's in the Ergo now, after getting upset on the floor - I think he exhausted himself there...
    Nah, there's definitely something going on with either my taste buds or the milk. It tastes kind of metallicky going down but the aftertaste is ok.
    now, getting boy to sleep...mmmmm....

Morning ladies,

Well we had another great night last night, same as the others, feed at 11.30 then 4.30 then up at 7!! lets hope this stays for a while.

I think Lachlan is teething, he has been dribbling badly for the last 4 weeks or so and i mean saturating about 8 bibs per day! but this morning i noticed two little white lines on his gums at the bottom, they dont seem to be on the top of the gums but at the front if that makes sense but anyway, i guess that would explain why he has been a bit grumpy lately, i guess if he is too grumpy later i might give him some panadol before bedtime.

Amanda - I hope you are feeling a little bit better, Is there anyone that you can get to mind the kids for a couple of hours while you and DH go out and have dinner? Maybe you need to sit down with him (away from distractions) and tell him exactly how you feel. Maybe a bit of US time with him might help the situation. I do know how you feel though, i make a point of telling DF what i have done through the day, and i point it out to him. LIke last night i said "Look at that nice clean window in the kitchen, inside and out" Otherwise he would never notice either. He is always first to point out the bad things or the things that havent been done but when everything is done he still doesnt acknowledge! They are a strange breed these men!!

IK - I know what you mean about the dream, i had a similar one the other night and DF left me because we had a fight over another girl. I went to see his mum and she told me it was over. Its strange because the same night DF had a dream that some girl was coming on to him at a nightclub (the things men dream about) anyway i stormed off and we had a massive fight! Im not sure what these mean i might have to consult the trusty dream book (if i can find it!)

Nickers - good on you for getting the xmas tree up, thats my plan for this weekend. Is Nixon crawling yet? do you have to put all the decorations up high where he cant pull them off??

simone - 6 months was my plan for BF aswell and i nearly made it, im going to continue to BF in the morning but i think the rest will be bottle, Im in such a good routine with the feeding now i dont want to change anything but my supply is really down. I hope all goes well with the paed today, I hope annaliese is ok.

I thought the show was pretty interesting, ive been testing it out today but cant really hear any of the sounds she was talking about, I cant believe how clear they were on those babies though, she is amazing to have sat down and figured all this out!!

anyway girls, im going to have a look at a few car websites to see if i can find a bargain and then im off to make some lunch, its hot here today supposed to be about 38 degrees, and really windy too!!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast