Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #25

IK - something for you... Here just up you alley!!

Good morning girls Yes, the smoke's back... getting quite thick too...and I've got washing to do. IK: LOL don't fret about too much gushing, in a few years Oscar will moderate it as he drives you up the walls to the point of exasperation... they all do... the mix of feelings you can have for your children is the most complex I've ever experienced... nobody else has made me feel so devoted/frustrated/helpless and needed at the same time. Never fear, you WILL want to scream at him at some point... very hard to explain... you learn so much about yourself with having children. Maybe this is the real reason I want my childless friends to have at least one child: I often say it's becuase I want them to feel the love that they bring... but maybe it's because I want them to learn a bit more about themselves than they are learning without them.... does this make sense? Having children has really taught me that often solutions aren't as black and white as my childless friends would have me believe. Still, life with just one baby is pretty sweet... enjoy it while you can! I get a tad envious! LOL Somedays it's so hard just to find a bit of space to cuddle Niall without Wade trying to squeeze in between and Verity "yackity yackity yackity" at me at the same time. ATM they are being really noisey and thumping through the house despite my repeated attempts at asking them to calm down... it's so exhausting... and poor Niall is just sitting beside me in the high chair wanting a feed which i will have to do where Wade chooses to play or else he will wander off and do something naughty and Verity is annoyed with him now so won't help and when i try to feed Niall Wade will throw books on me or tug at me... groan groan.... I know Sim and Jess understand...

better go... Wade has just almost broken Verity's nose because he threw the remote at her unexpectantly... now she want's to throttle him... fun fun fun

Sorry i couldn't do personals... can't hear myself think.

ETA: bit of a "WooHoo!" Christmas Day is going to be a cool 22'C Yay for a hot traditional dinner! And rain is also expected so we can all be inside pretending it's snow LOL

ETA again: I like that link too Simone Very interesting... looking forward to reading it when the kids let me! Niall has gone up a size in Aldi nappies and I like the design much better too.

Completely bath, completely... Atm, Anneliese is really unsettled, do i have her wrapped in my arms, declan wants to "rock pn" (i put musc on and he dances... frank sinatra today, not kiss like last night!!) And xander wants me to change his movie to spongebob... the only way can keep them quiet to quiet bubs... the cats meowing as she wants milk (snobby cat!!) and im sitting here with greasy hair in my dressing gown dying for a shower and typing one handed... the joys of multiple young children...

Ok, I hear ya girls, I'm going to savour every moment with just Oscar!
    I have a roadworthy car again - yay! New tyres, so we're safe on the road. Done, can tick that off my list.
    My mum collected the ebay nappies...she was grumpy cos she got lost (she is not a person who should drive around without a map...but she did) and I had to email the lady to apologise! Lucky for me, because of my excellent communication last night after winning the bid, she had already left my feedback!! She was really close to where my mum is in the country, so allowed me the pick up instead of delivery.
    Simone - just read that thread, I'm going to have to post in it. You're right, it's definitely up my alley!
    gotta go again, Oscar is being high maintenance today (I can give him that, he's normally very good, but he woke up to just daddy today, as I'd gone to get the tyres!)...

Dont you just love high maintainence kids?? I have 3 of them today... Just found Xander in, he destroyed on of my green/brown eyeshadows, so im feeding them lunch, then they are going to for a nap!! Anneliese just had a bottle and has settled for a nap, although if the kids get noisy she'll wake... but im not game enough to move her into her bedroom! Anyone up for doing something this friday?? Even if we just go to a park or something?? maybe not MC, it'll be madness in there... I'd be happy with metting somewhere for lunch!! Not fussed, will need to get out of the house by friday...

On the upside, the enliven has make my smoking habit almost disappear!! I was starting to smoke more and more again, and yesterday i only had one, and that was out of habit, i didnt really enjoy it at all, and chuck it after 1/2. And havent felt the need for one at all today!! And i'm feeling a little more energetic... Im on day 4. YAY!!! Now i can definitely afford enliven every month, its cheaper than smoking!!

Oh, and i did update Anneliese's site (i think i posted that i only updated the boys) there's only one new photo of her, and thats at the Austprem BBQ i went to with Nic a couple of weeks ago in Sunbury. I had one of me and nic, but DH had to photoshop it, there's too much glare... hopefully its fixable!!

Wow Simone! That's a HUGE woohoo about the In-Liven!!!!! (((big hugs))) Imagine if you could give up smoking! That's massive! I also found it helped with my sugar cravings... i don't "need" about 3 sweet biscuits every afternoon at about 3pm... now I prefer to have a handful of nuts and dried fruit instead.

Geeze I wanna encourage you more but Wade's yelling at me to go look at his poo that he's done in the potty!

Im still having sugar cravings... i ate a whole block of turkish delight yesterday. LOL i know what you mean, i get "Mum help me go to the toilet" even though the door's open, the lights on, his seat is the there waiting to go, and all he has to do is pull his pants down and do his business... And he doesnt like me watching!! So im just following him to the toilet, to have him close the door on me grrr... not long til their nap... i dont care if they just play in their room!!! 2 hours, minimum. More peace for me...

Bath, I will take over - Simone that is fantastic news about the smoking!!! Keep up the good work! I think I might try the in-liven too - sounds pretty spesh

IK, enjoy Oscar while he is being cute - DH and I have realised that our Lamb is now officially a Bag of Rats. Granted, he may have been sick, but I am now CONVINCED that the worst of it has passed and he is now milking the "rock me cause I feel bad" ***** for all its worth. Last night DH and I got our first real taste of what it is like to have a baby in the house - he woke heaps and between 4 and 5.30 am sooked and whined and DH and I each lost it at various points. Those with "real" babies are probably chuckling at the 1.5 hours of sooking, but it is big deal for us!

Jess that is fantastic news - when do you move in? Here's hoping 2007 is kinder to you.

Bath, have you tried Bach Rescue remedy on the kids? A friend of mine swears by it - it is apparently a natural sedative. She uses it when her kids can't sleep or are ratty (and she is a full on hippy Steiner school organic vegie person, so I imagine it isn't harmful in anyway). Can't wait till Flynn is old enough for it - speaking of which I must red the label and see the age limits....

Mel, poor little Marley!! I can just imagine her sweet little face in pain as she scratches her eczema. Simone, Xander was pretty rough with it too, yeah? I imagine Bath has told you both about Moogoo? It is a cream that really seems to work well on rashes and eczema.

Amanda, I hope poor little Cody is feeling better! Gosh this probably sounds really shallow but I never appreciated how bad it is when kids are sick until Flynn got this herpangina thing. And I have a new appreciation for my mother, who nursed me through the usual childhood illnesses.

Better go and make hay while the sun shines, or more correctly, clean the house while the Bag of Rats sleeps

That's what I meant to do! I was going to recommend MooGoo for Marley as well! I"m going to take some over for my sister to see if it helps her. Hmm, that reminds me, should probably put in my order now so that I have some more ready to go for the New Year...
    Great about the smoking, Simone! It has to be better to feel great for less money than to be out of pocket, feel crap, guilty and shave some years off your life span!
    Rory - LOL about the 1.5 hours, I'd freak out about that, too! Tells ya what, karma is going to bite us in the arse next time round...if not, then what the hell did I do right in my previous life???
    Just posted a big list of what I love at Aldi...
    I have just started one of a thousand loads of washing I want to do before Friday, so that I can pick from clean clothes what I want to take to NZ...and that's just from Oscar's wardrobe!
    Back to it, and to following up missing deliveries...

Mum said i was the angel baby, and then she had my sister, who was the feed every 2 hours, would scream until rocked to sleep etc type of baby... mum reckons if she had kellie first she would've stopped!! (I think she's a liar, after kellie she had 4 more!!)

Found the bach rescue, i just googled it!! Might have to give it a go... Some night Xanders staying up until midnight, he just wont settle. No wonder its puts them to sleep, look at the ingredients!! "Rock Rose, Star of Bethlehem, Impatiens, Cherry Plum, Clematis (27% Brandy Alcohol) - 10 ml" (thats for the small one!!) I might wait until you see what ages its good for, they do say its a homeopathic remedy.

What date do you leave for NZ IK?? And you list was so funny - only because it looks like you just sat at your cupboard!! I think you either love or hate aldi (except me, i can go either way. Some of their stuff i like, but i couldnt do a big shop there.)

Ha, Sim, yeah, it would have read like an inventory! I actually just visualised the aisles and what I pick from them! It seems disorganised to an Aldi virgin, but once you get comfy with the layout you are in and out with your shopping. It's very hard to forget something from your list, or if you leave it off your list, to forget it once you're there cos you'll pass it in the aisle and remember. People say there's not much choice in product, but what they do offer is so good that there's no point wanting a choice of 3 or 4 brands for the same thing.
    Oscar is crawling in the kitchen and for the first time I don't mind...cos I was up till about 2am cleaning the floor, doors, white goods (so that they actually look white)...with my magic Powerforce cream cleanser! At least the kitchen will be clean when I get back from NZ...
    Oh, yeah, leaving Saturday arvo for the airport. Getting back on the 6th.
    It's so nice not to imagine all the germies crawling on his belly after a jaunt in the kitchen.
    Funny story #1: last night DP came in to the kitchen to alert me to Oscar's second attempt at a bath. He had a shower with DP, but while I was cleaning and DP was supposed to be watching him, he crawled off to the bathroom...and crawled into the shower to play with the bottles on the floor (MooGoo too big for the shower caddy!)...he was saturated all along his belly, but do you think he cared? Lucky that MooGoo can be swallowed with no ill-effects!
    Funny Story #2: happened just now. There was a laundry basket (empty) perched on a bucket and he brought it down over himself...so that he looked like a turtle. He didn't cry, just mumbled at it before eventually getting it off himself. Lucky I can see him from where I'm typing! Now he's been corralled by the two laundry baskets and is getting frustrated that he can go no further...starting to cry...why can't he just play with his maracas and bells here on the loungeroom rug??

you will find they never play with toys, just everything else, ESPECIALLY if its poisonous, sharp or at all dangerous...

just realised I have lost the dates on my ticker...must retrieve...

In about 15 mins check the punching bag, im so angry right now... And no its not DH for once...) Going to write my boohoo now... before i lose face and go have a smoke...

Hi all,

ive just browsed through the entire thread to catch up a bit, currently looking after Nixon and his cousin its my test at having twins lol! they are BOTH asleep at the moment whoo hoo.

Bath- i love your new Avater looks awesome! love the head band too doesnt look like a santa hat!
    christmas cake- my mum traditionally makes chrissy cake and also pudding, yummo they are the best, so far i havent come across one i like more then mums!

****tails- someone mentioned ****tails so i just thought i would say last xmas at my friends place (cause we stayed in melb last yr and went tot hey day) they had this pina colada frozen thing, i could only have one as i was pg but it was very yummy. the other day i thought about it and rang her to ask where u get it, she said i would probably find it hard to find anywhere still has them cause they are so popular. so after a fair bit of internet googling etc i found a place not far from my sisters, rang them and they have it!
    They also have strawberry daquri, magaretta ones. it comes in a tub is about $20 called "urban thrist" u add whatever (for pina colada its rum) and put it in the freezer, then u get this rimming sugar and put that around the glass, so looking forward to it!

waxing- i usually just get my eyebrows donw and had a xxx a few times but not religiously. before my wedding i had my lip waxed cause i was paranoid when a few ppl told me they could see the hair on my lip! (only blonde but shone in the sunlight!!) speaking of which i really need all area's attended to at the moment!

weather- looking forward to it only being 22 in sydney also! what a change its usually hot or windy or smokey or something unpleasant with a house full of people!

Happy 6 monnths Nathan, Oscar & Marley!
    Nixon was 8 months on Sunday.

anyway Alyssa has just woken up so better go get her, hi to everyone else hope ur having a good day

Hey Nic, hope your enjoying your holiday

Happy 8 month to Nixon!!! He's getting so big... and i love your ticker - ttc again!! congrats and good luck for when you start trying, pregnancy is very diff the second time around...

"you will find they never play with toys, just everything else, ESPECIALLY if its poisonous, sharp or at all dangerous..." (Simone) Sooooo true!!!

IK: cleaning floors at 2am? I thought I was the only one crazy enough to do that! Well done! Oscar is doing so well to be that mobile... I know you don't want to wish his babyhood away but that's all very impressive, loved the turtle scenario. I'm a boring old mum... Niall doesn't get much of a chance to explore... he has about 5 set places where I put him on a rotational basis: white cot/porta-cot/highchair/Wade's bed (has a safety guard-rail) and the lounge floor rug when Wade's in bed. I can't leave him on the floor when Wade's awake because he's just as likely to accidentlly step on him or get caught in the cross-fire betwwen Wade and Verity as they argue and/or run through the house. Enough "woe is me" for one day I think (me).

Nic: Thanks regarding my new av... I took your suggestion on board and added all my kids... if anyone wants their av updated let me know... I'm really starting to enjoy it! IK: I'm hanging out to do one for you! I can kinda visualise Oscar being worn in a back-pack style carrier... you've got one of those haven't you? And of course I'd have to add Odin and somehow find a horse (or design one myself) to add... giving Oscar a loving nuzzle... even if you don't end up joining I might do one for you anyhow and email out to everyone so we can think of that when we read your posts LOL tell me to stop being silly if you have to! LOL

Niall asleep... cuppa time...

Amanda: How's Cody? I sped-read the posts the other day... sorry if I missed the update... (this applies to everyone... if I missed anything I oughtn't have).

bath - anneliese spends alot of time in her portacot so the boys dont crush her... hshe can have tummy time or whatever she wants, and be left alone.

Alright, must go check on my cat, i think she's further along than first though, she's been really off today... nesting signs mg:

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast