Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #26

Rory - yesterday iactually cleaned out every bit of my washing machine!! It feel nice when all the little things get done

Ali - you bargain hunter you Anneliese is a lazy buggar, if you smile at her, she smiles back at you She's just started pulling her dummy out and keeping it just out of reach of her mouth and then gets all grumpy... its so funny

Hi everyone.

Neeny - as all the other girls have suggested, I would be having a polite chat to the director. If nothing is said, then nothing will be done and I would be concerned that they may forget another child. It's not just a small thing but play nice and see what they say. Work is always crappy at this time of year, I remember last year, we were so quiet as most people take time off. My best friend lives in East Brisbane and her and her DH own a bar at Southbank on Little Stanley Street, so if you are ever around that way, pop in and say Mel sent you. It's called Greystone (next door to Egg Maternity if that helps!) and is a very funky, relaxed bar. Re Noosa, would be fantastic to meet up. I will be there for 18 days, so I am sure we could arrange something. So glad to hear it wont be too hot.

CC - what do you do for your eczema that works?

Bath - how was your christmas and in particular your pudding? You must be busier than usual with FIL staying. I am sure the kids love having him there - someone new to play with LOL!

Amanda - you can be my BOM! The updates would be great.

Rory - half hour a day! You are a good girl, I couldn't do it LOL!! I get on alot at night when kids in bed. Its my relax time - esp when DH is at work. You are going gangbusters with the cleaning, I have been too - it's the perfect time. How the menu plan going???

Ali - nothing bets a beach holiday. Great your mum and dad can go too - means you and pete can have some "couple" time together and maybe go out for dinner. As we are going with another family, we have decided to take a night each and go out for dinner while the other looks after the 4 kids! Poor Tori with her teething, so far Marley hasn't go much happening in that department. Go girl with the bargains - where did you go? I have got vouchers to use and was planning on going tonight. I need new bras too, since stopping BF, I need to be refitted I think. I love getting a bargain!

Simone - what are you cleaning today LOL!!! Qld is the best place for a holiday. There are so many areas to go. We have been going since 1995 almost each year. As my best friend lives there, it gives us an excuse!!! Bali would be nice too - but couldn't stand getting bali belly!!!!

Cleaned out Chelsea's lounge area today and tried to find homes for new things. I need a bigger room! Finished all my washing - I can't believe it, nothing else to wash (YET). Might hit the shops tonight.

What is everyone doing for New Years Eve???

Mel - mum and dad just take red cordial (cant remember why) but mum goes at leat twice a year, and apart from the first time she went in 1998 she hasnt ever gotten bali belly again!! Maybe we should have a girlies holiday Today im still doing more washing, want to really get in and scrub the bathrooms, and i have piles of washing to fold and put away. Not to mention the kitchen... have been putting that off (cant do the dishes anyway, i will wet my cast!!) Hoping witholding from DH will make him want to clean just to get some... i've tried everything else!! Thinking about heading into crown tonight, i need a night out! I havent had any me time, i went to no christmas parties and it doesnt look like i will be doing anything on NYE, so i would like to go out and have some fun!! Was thinking about trying to find a kareoke bar in the city, i reckon that would be fun!!

hi again..

can't beleive 2006 is almost at an end where has the year gone???

Daycare dramas: Well thanks to all who gave advice. I spoke to my friend (who's Aleise's Godmum and has 14 yrs daycare experience) about the drama and she thinks I should talk to the regular girls when they return from holidays about it and not make a big deal out of it 'cause it could backfire. She agreed that an 18 yr old should not be in charge of another trainee and 5 kids!! I don't know if someone more senior was there before I got there at 5pm and just left earlier than usual. Anyway Since the daycare across the road from ours recently closed (1 week's notice) ours have been inundated with desperate parents so I'm not going to give them an opportunity to shove us out! Anyway the reg nursery ladies are really lovely so I don't want to go looking for another centre nor making a mountain out of a mole hill.. will just ride it out and have a quiet word to the nursery leader next week.

Work: Well it was ghost town at HQ today - cricket over so the coppers actually worked (shock horror! ) and luckily a shortage of p/c paper so I didn't have to p/c all day ! yay!

Better go Aleise just woke up - will post again soon.

Sorry no personals been rushed this week will be more delligent next time!
    Neeny xoxo

neeny- i would have been upset that they forgot to feed Aleise so i beleive you have every right to speak up, true that it could back fire in a way so telling the regular girls might be a more viable choice.

our house looks like a bomb has hit it. We got all nixon's xmas presents today (dh shipped them down through work and picked them up from his office) so unpacked them all and oh my god!! this kid isnt even 1.....(thank god i didnt let dh go and buy more before xmas like he wanted to he got so much from all the families) then we went and bought OUR xmas present today a coffee machine, so been trialling that.
    Also dh was rewarded with a plasma screen from a client of his he helped save lots of dosh over the past 12monts so is currently trying to set it up in the lounge room... boxes everywhere, appliances everywhere, toys everwhere!! But now Nixon can sit it is much more fun he can play with so much more stuff, teaching him how some of his new toys work.

what is everyone doing for new years? we have had 3 offers so far but still dont know which we are doing.... one was a party at a neighbours across te rd so thinking we may go to that its the easiest and can just walk 10 steps to get home when we are done!

Nickers - lucky DH, mine would be very envious. He has been harping about getting one for ages! May get one in the new year, if he behaves himself LOL!! Love the coffee machine, I got one for a birthday present and it is awesome. I love the smell of fresh coffee in the house. How did you go house hunting? It so good Nixon can sit up know, it does make it easier for them to play with things. New Years Eve we are going to Jells Park with 2 other families for a picnic dinner and the kids can have a runaround at the huge playground (wear themselves out!!!), then back to my GF house for drinks. They have a big spa so no doubt the men will be in there with their beers. Going over the road sounds fantastic, only a quick stagger home LOL!!!

Hey nic - nothing going on here NYE, we generally didnt get invited to things in Perth (We were the only ones with Kids) and we dont know very many people over here as a couple, so we're prolly just going to stay home and put the kids to bed early!! Last year on NYE i was nearly 8 weeks pregnant, and in the really tired part of pg... in bed by 7pm every night. DH has offered to let me go out on my own, but i know he will hold that against me later... so will just stay home, even if to only avoid fights!!

Is it nice to be home?

Hi again... everything settled down now.... bit more peaceful... crickets the loudest sound... lovely outside hey?

Niall has a bit of a temp tonight 38.5'C Not sure why... maybe teething... he was a bit grisely. He ate well earlier today, rice cereal, EBM, then later some mashed banana and a rusk. Also I'm having trouble with my right nipple. Niall bit me real hard recently (maybe it's a clue also that he's teething) and it actually drew blood and now there's a small wound that's taking a long time to heal. It's quite excruciating actually... never had this issue before... I'm almost about to call the ABA. Trouble is I've gotten a bit lop sided recently and this was the bigger boob and now I'm getting engorged a lot and that really makes the wound sore. Lucky I have a pump which is helping me express gently. Anyway... it'll sort itself out... at least it's focussing me on getting Niall to take the left side (smaller side) more frequently... hopefully the upshot will be that they even out. I'm just hoping Niall is just teething... and that he hasn't picked up a bug. We were over at relative's on Boxing day and when i left the room with SIL minding Niall who was on the floor she allowed her dog to lick Niall on the face! Not happy about that at all but of course I didn't want to make a fuss. Anything can happen when you introduce a new strange baby into a dog's environment. I don't want to offend dog lovers but it's just my opinion that the risk (of allowing them to lick a baby's face) outweighs the benefits of which i actually can't think of any except that it gave my SIL a few laughs grrrrrr

Neeny: yep, i agree with your friend... it could back fire... but definately mention it. It's good that you trust her main carers though. I can't help thinking that paying childcare workers a decent wage would attract more people to the profession who are currently going where the money is. It's amazing how many people think that childcare workers should simply accept a low wage simply because they "love working with kids".... you can't live on warm fuzzies! And while I too enjoyed working with children 90% of the time it's hard slog, physically demanding, emotionally exhausting, chaotic, filthy and unappreciated.

Mel: My pudding was brilliant! LOL it's the most fascinating recipe... who would have thought that a concoction of bread crumbs fruit and beer (amongst other ingedients) could turn out to be so delicious! Has me stumped. I'll use the same recipe next year though... it's Delia Smith's Traditional Christmas Pudding. Can be made up to 3 months ahead of Christmas Day. Hope you're having fun at the shops! Let us know what bargains you score!

Simone: Hey I was going to recommend a girls' night out at this little pub in North Fitzroy that has (or used to have) this music quiz night with free c0cktails for the winning table. What they do is play 10 songs (from all eras) and the first table to go up to the barman with a correct list of songs/artists gets free ****tails! I can't recall the name of this place but it'll come to me LOL I know it might be a bit much for all us Melbourne Junies to get to (and home from) but it's a fun thing to do... there might be other places that do something like that... I had a great girls' night out with women in my street (we all shared a taxi van there and back)... did that about 6 months after Wade was born...oh, and we won a round! They do it about 3 times... and you're only allowed to win once... but it's pretty easy... i've also done it with another group of friends and we won a round then too.... and most importantly the c0cktails were yummy and not watered down! LOL

hot choccy time... back in a tic...

Bath - hope your boobs sort themselves out soon, it might be mighty painful where you were bitten OUCH! So glad to hear the pudding worked well - I knew it would, you are a wonder in the kitchen.

Got to the shops at 7.50pm, not long enough to shop much but went straight to bra section after Ali told me of her bargains. Scored 2 Berlie Barely There bras for $37 each (one pale pink, the other black). They are so super comfortable (like the tshirt ones) I had to buy 2! That took me nearly an hour to try on 8 bras!!!! Raced over to kids wear and just got Marley a Sprout romper for $10. The Sprout range is fantastic and not very expensive. It's one of the new brands introduced after the selling of Myer. Will have to go back again soon as I still have money left on my gift cards!

I absolutely love music trivia. We have a game hear called "Name that Tune" which has all 80's music and its fantastic. Bath, the place sounds unreal and I would love to go and hopefully win free ****tails! Don't care about the distance in, a good night out with the Junies is worth it.

That sounds great Bath!! I'd be in for that... MMM c0cktails!! (hold on, you didnt get censored!!) and Fitzroy isnt too far away (especially for me!!) Are we still on for our ****tail party??

Mel - isnt it great when you score a bargain?? Im not allowed to buy Anneliese anything for a little while, i've been going a little crazy on ebay lately (but i got lots more shopping on their than if i went to a retail store!!)

I should ead off to bed, im so awake and want to go out, but i hate going out alone, so i figure i should get a good nights sleep.... maybe go out tomorrow. There's no daycare this week and DH hasnt been much of a help... i just need some time out!!

Hey nevermind Sim... we'll just be here at home too... I'll prolly be online around midnight... let's have our own lil' party here Also I've been thinking maybe we could all venture over to Pirch (or somewhere similar) and have a real time music quiz... I could type in lines (lyrics) from songs and the first person to guess gets a point... like:

"Satin sheets and luxuries so fine...All your suits are custom made in London"

who can guess that? (song/artist)

Dress you up - Madonna.

This is fun. We should set this up somewhere, where did you suggest Bath?

BellyBelly used to have a quiz night each Tuesday on Pirch but i think it's a bit tricky to set up... I joined in once but now that I think about it it's also tricky with being interrupted at home... hmmm... maybe ICQ? Anyone else have any suggestions? Maybe Pirch would be ok... anyone else familiar with it? There also used to be a very user friendly site called TalkCity...

Here's another one:

"This is the noise that keeps me awake...My head explodes and my body aches"

I'd better not do too many more... might not be the right thing to do in here....

Good job with the shopping Mel- gotta love a bargin. I also love the sprout clothes in Myer, Tori got some Pj's by them for christmas.

Well for the first time since Tori was born I have the house to myself. I got up early and went to the Gym, and I just got back and Pete has taken Tori on a 'secret' shopping mission- I have been hanging to have a little bit of on my own time, there is so much I want to get done. I am just going to finish of my breakfast of poached eggs and christmas ham on toast and then I am off to do jobs.
    Then I am going to pamper myself, do my nails, and hair because we are going to a Bday party at a winery this arvo- all laid on, I am very excited!

Ali- sounds like you are enjoying yourself good on you! I got some of my own time today however it was going to do the shopping whilst dh took Nixon to use his JB-hi fi voucher... then it took us over an hour to get the little devil asleep this arvo, he was clearly tired but just kept fighting it. wanted to play when we were with him but i gave in and nursed him to sleep in the end.
    Bath- Ouch on the boob and i know exactly how it feels. I have been getting bitten a bit lately now Nix has 4 teeth he really munches down... today for the first time he bit me harder then ever and drew blood, it was still hurting an hr later. have u put some boob milk over it might help heal it also? I am only feeding once a day so bit easier for me to heal i suppose.
    i have a feeling i know that song but just cant get it!! what is it?
    i love trivia nights even though i am not that good at them!
    house still messy, dh still fiddling with the tv ofcourse..

Well my good morning was short lived,Pete brang Tori home from the shops because she was really cranky- when she got home i noticed a rash on her back, tummy, back of her head etc......we think she has german measles. I couldnt get in to see any GP's today, but rang the health direct number and the nurse said that is quite likely what it is and to just keep an eye on her temperature.

Oh Ali! German Measles! Poor Tori! Keep us updated.
    Nic: Yeah, I let my milk on the cut but the WORST aspect about it (besides trying to feed him) is when the cut sticks to my bra and I have to rip it off! Any suggestions? I don't want to go putting creams on it incase its not good for Niall to have. At least my smaller boob is filling up a bit better now... so I haven't called ABA yet... but if he bites that one (and breaks the skin) I will. Oh and regarding that last lyric, hehe, you have definately heard the song... era: 90's. I'll let you mull over it a little longer

gotta go... back later tonight

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast