Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #26

Morming girls - finally I have time for a coffee and a nice long post!

Glad everyone seemed to enjoy their Christmas or the lead up to it - though we are still to hear from Dee (Donna), Dee (as in Mick 'n' Dee), Kel, Ceecee and Jess. C'mon girls - how did it go?

Simone and I had a great day at Highpoint, especially since we didn't buy any CRAP (I think we have decided that "I must not buy crap" is a shopping mantra we say in the same way some say "Ooommm" when meditating!) Little Annelise is so sweet - I can't believe how lady-like her cries are - not like my little lung machine screamer. How did the night out go Simone, or was that the family probs you referred to?

Mel - glad your Chrissy was nice. Like I said in an earlier post we went out to Knoxfield on Friday - our mate lives in Otria Drive off Stud Road (??) Where abouts are you - I was thinking of you and IK as we were driving around. It is a lovely part of Melbourne - we drove from there to Warburton via the Monbulk Road - so much nicer country than out our way (where it is flat and boring). And BTW - steam iron sounds fab - but ironing JEANS?? You crazy woman

Nickers - I think I will stop trying to avoid TTC#2 than actively start, IYKWIM, even though I have said hello in the TTC forums. I might get into the whole charting thing down the track if nothing happens, but I know from last time I spent a few months doing that and taking my temperature and ended up getting so despondent every month (and we were only trying for about 6 months, and that was coming off depo provera so totally not your "usual" cycle stuff).

IK - which part of NZ are you staying at? DH and I love that place - was looking at our holiday pics the other day - aaaaaahhhh!

Bath, how is the family coping with the post Christmas lull? Kind of like after a wedding isn't it? You have such a build up to the Big Day and then it is back to normal.....

Better go - want to menu plan (no, still haven't done it!!) and get super organised so I can hit the ground running in the New Year

And hello to Kristee, Amanda, Ali and Neeny!!

I've just posted in my punching bag thread again re: family... i've had enough of them. Have told them to get f*cked and come see me and the kids again when they have a little more respect. Now what am i going to do?? I've started WW3...

Big hugs to you, Sim - just read your other thread and you have every reason to feel let down by your IL's...can see where H might get his self-absorption from!! Well, I know I'm well and truly over going out of a night (I overdosed on clubbing for a few years back there), but a c0cktail night could be a bit of fun (if it's an early enough night!!).
    Rory - I'm in Orewa, north of Auckland. It's such a perfect spot, my sister has really landed on her feet here! You went past my place if you drove up the Burwood and then onto Monbulk Rd! It IS a nice drive through there. IKWYM about not avoiding TTC - when we announced the pregnancy last year everyone said "You didnt' even let on that you were trying", but we weren't really 'trying' as such, nor 'not trying'. So, not planned, just expected!
    ok, I'm being ushered off the puter again, catch you later...

Simone sorry to hear that your IL's are that irresponsible, sounds like a plan to go on holidays next Christmas.

Well this christmas has been really good, we went to the IL's christmas day and all went surprisingly well, then over to my brothers yesterday with my parents there. We had heaps of nibbles and ham and prawns for dinner and pav and trifle for dessert, was a great day.

The best news was that Kailen lost his first baby tooth last night and Cody got his first tooth cut over night so all my boys are growing up so quickly.

Rory sounds like you got a different gift from Santa getting your AF back, so good luck trying not to concive lol.

hugs xoxo

Glad your enjoying your holiday IK

Amanda - one boy losing a tooth, another gaining one... I think Anneliese is teething a little, but definitely nothing here yet. Not fussed though

Cee_Cee99 Guest

hello all,
    Belated Merry Christmas to you all.

:P

Sorry I've been MIA, It was my Mum's 60th on Friday, Ally's Christening on Saturday and of course Xmas on Sunday so busy busy busy... Xmas morning was spent at Yamba then we drove to the Gold Coast for Xmas lunch... it was nice.. The Christening was soooo funny.. my non-sleeping baby slept almost the whole way through, the Minister would touch her head, she would wake, look at him and smile, then go back to sleep... everyone in the Church was in love with her... very very nice...

Simone - sorry your having in law issues.. this time of year is soooo stressful - we have had issues too, my sister's HB was not going to come to Ally's Christening... how rude! But that is another story...

Rory - you will have to post us your weekly list to inspire us... I always mean to do it...Oh.. I also bought myself a copy of 'speed cleaning' for Xmas - I will let you know if it is any good. ...Ummm... AF, I soooooo don't want mine back for at least a year! TCC - you go girl... I have no idea when to start again.. my pregnancy was so horrible I dread the thought, yet I love Ally so much I want to do it all again now! he hee

IK - so glad your enjoying your holdiay, NZ is sooooo beautiful!

Amanda - what wonderful news - both your boys acheiving such milestones on the same day - very very cute!

Mel - ohhhh - your kids sound like they had a great Xmas... can't wait till Ally is a little older so she can enjoy it more.

Hi Baths and Neeny and Nickers and everyone else my stupid brain has forgoten!

oh.. think little one is up.. DH has decided that he is sleep man and has put her down for every single nap in the past two weeks (by bouncing her)... but today he is at WaterWorld so she is with me and she is sooooo not going to sleep without her Dad... I'm a tad annoyed as I spent two weeks teaching her to sleep by her self, but what can I do? I really don't want to critise him, he so enjoys her... Think I will just let it be and re-train her when I return???? Or do you think I should say something to him????

Haven't read all the posts since Christmas yet... just dropping in to say "hi"... on my way out the door to the sales at greensborough plaza... 1000 thread count sheets (Target) here I come!

ROFL at: "my little lung machine screamer" Rory!!!

hahaha back later...

Cee_Cee99 Guest

hi baths - I saw those sheets yesterday - that look amazing!!!!!!!

oh, I forgot to tell you all Ally's big development... she coughs....no i mean when she sees you for the first time she will fake cough at you, you then cough back and so forth for a few times.... it is sooo cute. She does it with everyone. She is communicating! it is so unreal, I'm so pleased! Anyone elses baby do this? I read in Baby Love that fake coughing is common???? She does use it against me thought, today when I was trying to put her down she fake coughed at me and of course I had to reply - so much for no eye contact!! He hee What about no talking!

THat sounds so cool CC!! Well done Ally!

Simone - I had a slide on raincheck since Sept! It was supposed to be for her birthday but I am guessing that they forgot about me, so I'll have to chase it up. Sounds like you and Rory had fun shopping and you did well to not buy! I am shocking! I will go this week! Sorry to hear about the family hassles again, WW3 won't start, it might simmer for a while. Whats christmas without family fights, when my mum was around there was always fights, funny now she doesn't live in the country, no more fights!

Rory - I don't normally iron jeans as I just put them in the dryer and they come out nice and soft. If I dry them on clothes horse, they are too stiff and scratchy and need a bit of an iron IYKWIM?? If you travel to the end of Stud Road, you hit Mountain Highway and I am not far from there. Next time you are out this way, let me know. That list of yours - you need to do it LOL!!! Do it before the new year starts. Then we can all do one and share the lists for inspiration.

IK - I did the same in my earlier, earlier days, lots of disco's, too much drinking! I couldn't do it again if I tried. The late nights are fine, just the hangovers are awful and that feeling of tiredness is worse than baby sleep deprivation.

CC - Ally sounds like she was perfect at the christening, you hear of so many who scream the rafters down! Christmas gets better each year as they get older. It was fun that Chelsea knew what was happening and got so excited - you have got lots to look forward to as Ally grows up. Re sleeping issue - I would leave it until you get home. She might fall back into her good routine once she gets home. Unfamiliar places are always hard to teach them in. Good luck with it when you get home. PML about the fake cough. Marley doesn't do it but Chelsea is shocking - all to get some cough medicine! Kids are too clever.

Amanda - how sweet that one loses the other gains! Sounds like you guys had a great christmas and the food sounded yummy!

Bath - have fun hitting the shops, wonder if they will be as busy today. I saw those sheets too, bet they will go super quick! Let us know if you scored any other bargains. My GF went yesterday to The Glen and was very disappointed in Country Road and David Jones. I will try Myer during the week, they have 30-40% off kids clothes and shoes!

DH has taken Chelsea to Bunnings (her favourite place!) so house is a little quieter. Marley is just playing on floor. Have cleaned most of the house today and put the kids toys/clothes away. Still need to do bathrooms, but might leave that until tomorrow. My motivation is waining!

sounds like you did a good job on the house mel!! i havent given mine the after chrissy spring clean yet, my knee has been playing up so trying to rest it a little (especially after my shopping trip yesterday!!) until i can get it checked out.

Just sitting relaxing atm, must go food shopping tonight, have given the kids toast/sandwiches all day today, as thats all thats in the house... and almost out of bread!!

Merry Christmas to all my Junies!
    Well we had a quiet Christmas.Pat's first christmas was pretty mild compared to everyone elses. We only got him a few things, next christmas is his big one

Merry Christmas Jess, the littlies ones are quiet, its more fun to get them more when they can actually open stuff on their own!! Anneliese only got a pram from us! !(sorry, from Santa)

Hi all!

Glad to hear most Xmas's went well. I suppose I could B*tch about MIL a bit but I won't waste my time. What I find amusing is when we arrived at their place on Xmas day and she picked up Aleise for the first time Aleise cried! She did it last time she came to our place (1 week ago) and Aleise had seen her 5 days prior and yep - she cried! She NEVER cries when my mum picks her up or anything! So weird!

Well still cool and rainy here - can't do much even though its nice for the garden to get rain. Is crap on tv at the mo - miss Oprah heaps!

Fake coughing: Yeah I'm sure Aleise does this - strange or what?

TTC again: We're not trying and can't afford it this early. I don't have a lot of time left but if we do but if Matt got a pay rise and I could take a full year off and plucked up the courage to do the preg thing again we might try Xmas next year. A romote chance at this stage though!

Not much else to report - back at work tomorrow and I'll have a hard time gettting work to do since most staff on leave this time of year. Will have to offer the coppers on duty to make them coffee and things.. hehe!

Take care all.

*Hugs*
    Neeny xoxo

Simone - what have you done to your knee? Know what you mean about no food in the house! I have plenty of ham/turkey left so I made fettucine carbonara with the ham! It was yum. Also left over pav from yesterday for dessert.

Jess - glad you had a great xmas. Marley only got 2 things compared to Chelsea's big pile. She even asked me if Marley was naughty because she didn't get as many presents LOL!!! I explained that Santa knew Marley was too little to enjoy some of the presents so he will wait until next year to suprise her with more. Little minds are far too clever!!! Pat and the other Junie babies will enjoy xmas much more next year.

Neeny - kids have a sick sense about people don't they? I find they are a very good judge of character. Bummer about going back to work tomorrow, the break is never long enough. Re TTC, I am always in two minds about it. Both pregnancies were a dream, no sickness etc but the cost of another might be pushing things. If I do consider #3, it won't be for a while yet, at least until Marley is 2-3. If you don't mind me asking, what do you do for work? BTW - I miss Oprah too!!!! They have stupid Video Hits crap on at the mo - bring back Oprah!

DH gone to Kmart to see a bench seat they have on sale. No doubt he will be gone for ages as he has a tendency to wander and look at everything!!! Leaves me to do dishes - great LOL!!!

Evening all, so glad to pop in here after a day's work and drink one of DH's home brews while reading about your days!

Jess, I didn't go OTT with pressies for Flynn either - he got a book from us ("Wombat Devine" - the Myer Chrissy windows story, didn't even bother wrapping it!!) and that's it! No offence to those who bought up big for their littlies but I have read some of the posts in other forums of what bubs got for Christmas and am truly amazed!! Maybe I am being a Scrooge McDuck, but I shudder to think about how many toys Flynn will get when he is COHERENT that it is Christmas - I don't figure I need to add to his booty now! LOL!!!

Mel, I am amazed Chelsea loves Bunnings - prolly cause she goes with her dad? (Simone, there's that "prolly" again ) My dad used to take me to hardware stores as a kid and I remember being sooooo bored! Every time DH takes me to Bunners it is like a bad case of de ja vu! Pretty much like my DH hates fabric shops - he was dragged to them as a kid by his mum!

Neeny, sounds like your little one knows how to get up her grandma's nose!! She is loyal to her mum, which is good to see

Ceecee, Flynn does the fake cough too - cracks me up!

Amanda that is so cool about the double milestone - I am sooooo looking forward to a second child (and a third!)

Bath I am spewing about the 1000 thread count sheets that are around ATM - I bought Sheridan ones a few years ago thinking they would never be matched and spent a bomb (back when we were DINKS!!)

Simone, did you get to the shops? It is so wierd to shop now - I keep waiting for the Christmas hams to be discounted but I think they are waiting for NYE!

Well I had a mega cleaning day - washed my washing machine (it was feral), emptied the fridge of dead condiments (pickles expiring 2003!!!!), did 3 loads of washing (and put away 2), made some freezer food for Flynn (sweet potato, broccoli and cauliflower), washed the kitchen floor (also feral after Christmas), organised my presents and cards box (divided it up into Christmas and non-Christmas) and made dinner and tidied up afterwards. Plus I walked to the shops, did super market shopping and had a two hour visit from my cousin.

Still no menu plan though - LOL!!!!

I have a WOO HOO moment - Marley ate 2 cubes of pumpkin tonight without pulling the faces and she actually ate it. YEAHHHHH! I have been going really slow on the solids and she is barely tolerating rice cereal and pear, then pumpkin at dinner was pretty similiar. But for some reason today, she had her mouth open ready for the spoon and just woofed it down. I then got another cube out of the freezer and that went down well too. I have dropped her 10pm bottle and that doesn't appear to have affected her. I am so proud of my little possum!!!

Rory - Chelsea only likes going because she can play in the playground first, then go to the water features (she has a fetish for water!). Then DH can drag her around to the boring stuff, but not until she has done "HER" thing first. Little girls just wrap daddy around their little fingers. Sounds like cleaning was the way to go today. PML about the old pickles, we always have something like that hidden at the back! Well done with walking to the shops and doing food shopping. I must get my butt into gear, have been far too lazy lately. Can't wait for the menu plan!

Just had a 3 way phone chat with my GF in Brisbane and our other friend in Melb. We are now going to Noosa from 25 Feb to 15 March. My GF's MIL owns a house there, so we are going up with my other Melb friend early to stay with her until we move on to our other house with another GF and her family! Can't wait and JetStar flights are so cheap at the mo! Roll on Febuary!

Mel it amazes me, the differences between kids of the same age. Little Oscar is crawling like a monkey and mine just rolls, your little one won't eat much and mine just had two vita weets and pureed apple for breakfast.

Oh no - I am on a rolly office chair and Flynn has his hands under the wheels - how am I gonna move????

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast