Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #26

Mel - i dont know what i have done to my knee, the other day it just started aching a little, now its really painful whenever i walked. The funny thing is i havent bumped it or anything, its just gotten really sore!

Neeny - hope your first days back at work arent too hard... at least you've got the NY coming up - another long weekend!!a Haha at Aleise acting up for MIL, and thats the way it should be (If you put Anneliese anywhere near my SIL, even if she can just SEE her, she screams... the bubs are a great jugde of character!)

Rory - i didnt get to the shops, having troubles with my knee, and got too stuck into cleaning, both of which i will go into details underneath

Anneliese is rolling around now, and can shuffle along a little bit

Jess - my boys only got 1 big pressie to share (it was a $500 thomas train set we got on special for $300, they love it more than anything else i could've bought them...) Christmas isnt about presents, and we are trying to bring our children up to reflect that. Usually we got to church, but DH wasnt feeling well, and had been at the cemetary all morning (from 4.30am).

Well, just another day at home, with my knee being the way it is, im having trouble driving so im housebound. Spent hours last night cleaning - went through the kids rooms and cleaned out their cupboards and drawers, did a few loads of washing, and added some new clothes Anneliese got today (Melinda sent a package, and i got some dresses off ebay ) and cleaned the lounge. Today i have to clean the bathroom, the kitchen, my bedroom, the toilet, still have more washing to do and the kitchen is trashed... But i havent done much since i did my wrist, and although i was hoping H would help, he barely gets off the computer to talk to the kids lately, let alone give me a hand. So i got stuck into it last night. I feel like i've accomplished something!! Will be on and off today, but checking in often

Morning girls well I've taken the plunge and will be becoming a platiunm member, not much else is going on here today, a bit like you Simone just doing a good clean of the house and the kids are housebound again today as it's still raining and cool, so it will be DVD's for them while I'm cleaning. Oh well will be off and on as well today, hope everyone has a good day.

hugs xoxo

Gotta love DVD's the kids got Ice Age 2 and Shrek for christmas, and have been watching them non stop...

Finally feel like im getting somewhere with the house, making a butterscatch pussing for morning tea, have some cream with it yum... must do shopping tonight, im scraping the bottom of the barrel for meals... think ill just have to get a couple of $$ of chips for lunch!!

Rory you a so right, they are so different. Marley doesn't even roll yet! She is happy to lay in one spot, she has rolled a few times, but not consistently. Think she might be a late bloomer LOL!!! I can't believe Flynn eats 2 vita brits and apple for b'fast, thats amazing.

Simone - buggar about the knee. Housework seems to be the go at the moment. I did bits yesterday and have just done both bathrooms, washing, and mopped the floor. Gives me a chance to post while its drying. Did kids rooms yesterday, putting away their goodies. Pudding sounds yum! Might do another bread & butter pudding tonight, its the weather for it.

Amanda - well done for going platinum, I was thinking the same myself. Will probably miss deadline though. BTW, love the picture of Cody! I hadn't noticed it before (doh!) and I got Marley the same outfit in Kmart with the matching hat. I have a couple of photos that I haven't uploaded to my homepage yet. It was such a bargain at $7! Can't believe Qld is cold today - my GF is in Brisbane and she said it was stinking hot xmas day then really cold yesterday! Sounds just like Melb.

Going to have lunch and will pop back later. Hi to everyone else!

Mel - You can still get life memberships after jan 1, they're just getting rid of the year plat memberships.

Mel yeah it is a cute outfit, I only uploaded the chrissy pics this morning and changed my ticker then. Re the platinum membership I couldn't afford that yet and I've got $50 dollar in our debit visa card so I thought I'd just get the yearly one then most probably upgrade next year.

hugs xoxo

i was a plat member for 1 year, then upgraded to life member - its about $95 to upgrade after 1 year. But i figure i get so much out of the site, i may as well put back in!!

Cee_Cee99 Guest

Mel - yeah, 2 ice cubes of pumpkin.. that is great... Ally is still BF only, but we start solids on NYD... pumpkin! Ally can't roll yet either, just from back to front but nothing else... she can't even stand! But I think she will be quick to talk as she either coughs or moves her mouth like she is talking when she see us. you are going to have sooooooo much fun at Noosa! Yeah, I bet you are counting the days...

Rory - you have me thinking of TCC again... I was going to wait, now I want to start again???? LOL re: menue plan!

Simone - Oh no, first the arm now the knee.. you poor thing! Hugs...

Well, I'm at my in laws house on FIL's laptop so should get off, hope to chat to you all soon.
    luv CC

I gave Anneliese some rice cereal with mashed banana in the other day, and she had the tongue reflex still - though not as bad as last time. AS you keep feeding them solids, do you think they grow out of it?? My boys never had the reflex, they just gulped their food down from day dot!!

As for more children - some days i want another (always did want more than 3 anyways...) but some days i think i've got more than i can handle anyways!! Maybe think about it in a few years...

CC - the girls might be the late bloomers LOL!!!

Simone - I think they do get used to it. Chelsea was a great eater and I never had hassles with her starting solids. Marley has been a different story, but she is really getting the hang of it. Gave her more pumpkin tonight and she ate another 2 cubes (about a teaspoon each cube) without spitting much out. I would just go slow and either try a bit each day or every second day. Maybe try pear or apple instead of banana as it might be more palitable (sp?).

I finally booked out flights to Noosa today YEAH!!!!!! Like CC said, I am so excited. I was even more excited as I got $100 off the total cost of the fares with the JetStar Mastercard deal. So total cost for 3 return flights was only $434! So we leave Sunday 25 Feb at 4.55pm and come home Thursday 15 March at 11.55am. We are now just working out what we need to take for Marley like portacot, pram etc. I have one of those portable high chairs which we will take too. We are thinking of hiring a people mover - my friend has one child (now 5 mths old) and we are staying with her for 10 days, then my other GF and her family arrive and they have 2 kids so thought it be cheaper and easier to have one car we can all fit in. Just hope I can sort out Marleys eczema problem before we leave as it will be hot up there in Feb/March.

Quiet in here today. Hope all the other Junies are having fun and look forward to hearing more goss soon!

Hi all!

Well will try to be quick as its nearly 11pm.

Mel: I work as an AO for Qld Police at HQ in Brisbane. ONly work Thursdays/Fridays. Am in the Drug Squad and am supposed to do intel support - long story! Ohh do enjoy Noosa - if I get the chance I might be able to drive up there and meet you its only 2 hours away! Oh and its not very hot in mid - late March so you should be okay with Marley's excema.

Work today: Wish I'd called in sick! Couldn't do anything on the crim database (again) as the idiots now have me logged on (after 2 months) but they didn't give me the correct access to work on the crim reports! So had to photocopy all day for the forensic accountant! God it was SOOO boring! And as I thought the coppers who were in the office were of course slacking off and watching cricket half the day.

Plat membership: I'm not sure I can afford $95 for life membership so I'm undecided about upgrading but I recently renewed my yearly about Sep/Oct so I think mine expires late in 07.

Aleise Update:
    Am a bit annoyed at Aleise's daycare as today the younger assistants (the usuals are on holidays) forgot to give her her 3.30pm/4.30pm feed and I saw on the chart when I picked her up at 5pm that her last feed was 12.30!! The "leader" who was not a day over 18 I swear, apologised and I said "That's okay just don't forget next time!" WTF??? :mad: How can they "forget" to feed a six month old when they had less than half the usual bubs and toddlers due to holidays?? Okay, she doesn't whinge much, although I noticed her eyes were red and I asked if she'd cried today (she does sometimes when she misses me) and I was told "about an hour ago" and I said "well she usually cries when she's hungry or wants attention". I thought about complaining but I don't want them to loose their jobs.. Any thoughts here??? :frown:

Its getting late so I'd better go.. chat again soon.

Morning girls, I agree Mel it has been quite in here, but I guess that happens over the christmas and new year period. That's great that you've booked your holiday and got the discount, will have to keep you posted about the weather up here so that you'll know what to bring.

Neeny I would have a quite word with director and say that you don't want to make a complaint, but you can't let something like this slide, just let them know that you weren't happy that she hadn't had a feed for nearly 5hrs and could they make sure that it doesn't happen again. It's your right to let the centre know how upset you were that this happened. Hope that all made sense I'm a bit sleep deprieved.

Simone Wyatt was a gagger and still is a bit now, so it may be that her gag reflex is just making her still push it out, as Mel said just take it slow.

Hello to CC, Bath and Jess and all the other girls, hope everyone has a good day.

hugs xoxo

Neeny- -i would be talking to the director. That disgusting!! If they cant handle feeding a baby they shoudnt be working in childcare... GL

Mel - enjoy your holiday!! DH said i could go to bali next year if i wanted, but im already going to perth around march (hopefully) and we're talking about hiring a caravan in a caravan park and completely avoiding next chrissy with the IL's... thinking QLD might be nice!!

Come on everyone, lets get chatting again!! Miss you all

Cee_Cee99 Guest

OMG - NEENY - I would be furious... I would not care if they lost their jobs, they are obviously not doing them anyway. There would have been so much steam coming out of my ears that you would have seen me from space. How could they not remember to feed your baby? I would be writing a letter and sending a copy to the relevant Government Department - they will need to be re-audited or re-accredited if it happens on more than one account.

have to go, Ally is crying BRB

Cee_Cee99 Guest

Neeny - really honey, they maybe doing this to all the babies? Unless it is reported how will the Director even know what is happening? Anyway, your choice darling, but if it was me, I would be going to the highest authorities about it.

Mel - yeah, hoildiays... I'm so excited for you. I'm currently on the Gold Coast and my eczema is pretty bad...

must run, in laws back....

Morning girls DH, FIL and Wade have just nipped out to Bunnings so I have about 10 minutes... then it just gets too chaotic to post... FIL is half deaf so speaks very loudly and everyone has to speak loudly so that he hears them so as a consequence the noise here is incredible... however gotta take the good with the bad... he is great at entertaining the kids and keeping them out of my hair so I'm actually getting a lot of housework and extra tidying done.

Childcare issue: Hmm, tricky one Neeny... I agree to let the director know. You said they were temporary replacements for the permanent staff? Were they agency? Many centres are having to recruite staff of a lower standard these days because childcare staff are so incredibly hard to get... there is a huge shortfall, and no wonder when they are being paid less than a department store sales assistant. I was paid $12.75 per hour when I worked as a carers assistant. You pay peanuts you get monkeys. Still this isn't of much help... you MUST say something. But don't blow your top because at the end of the day Aleise is under their care and you don't want to risk them resenting her... now I KNOW this sounds absolutely crazy... but I've seen young agency staff kinda withdraw from children who parent's have abused them... they go on to provide a "service" but there's no warmth with it. I know this is wrong, it's just what I've seen. However go to the director and have a quiet word like Amanda said... if she is a good director she will pass on the message in a way that achieves the desired result ie making sure the "leader" sharpens up her act without making her feel bitter.... or if she is an agency staff member the director will know not to ask for her again. Good luck Neeny. I know how hard it is to find any kind of care let alone a place that is good and treats the children with respect and warmth... I don't want to see you burn any bridges but you do need to have open and honest communication and feedback with the director.

Amanda: Congratulations on becoming a Plat. member! Looking forward to seeing you 'round in the new areas you will have access to and if you need help with your av I'd love to give it a go! Let me know if you'd like an av done based on any particular piccy of you and the boys. But if you prefer to get Kathryn to do it that's ok... I won't be offended Which reminds me I've got to design a few boys for Kath as there really isn't much to choose from at the sites we go to to get the Unique (the style of av that is used here) images.

Uh oh... I think I can hear them returning... I'll pop back on a bit later.... maybe tonight.

Howdy girls - quick one from me but no time to post many personals cause I want to limit my PC time to half and hour a day (gotta get used to using PC as a reward rather than an excuse to not clean or do "work" work.

Neeny, tough one, I would speak to the director.

better go - wanna get lunch started before the boy wakes

(ps: been super clean again today - cleaned the laundry and even washed the vacuum cleaner - yes! washed it - the casing was grotty!)

Hi Ladies,
    I hope that everyone had a wonderful christmas. Ours was hot (went to FIL in the country Boxing day and he has no AC), butother than that was really plesant. Poor Tori wasnt a happy cmaper though, she is teething again, and has every single teething symptom known to man- runny bum, runny nose, low grade fever etc, she is a bit better today so hopefully there will be a nother tooth soon as result of all these symptoms.

Mel- Your holiday in Noosa sounds just devine, we are going away in a couple of weeks for a short stay by the beach, I am really looking forward to just kicking back and relaxing- My mum and dad are going as well so it will be nice for them to have some time with Tori.

Neeny- I agree with what they others say, you do not neccessarily need to make an offical complaint but you do need to say something, otherwise nothing gets done. Just think if it was her 12oclock feed that got missed or forgotten- it is not like oyu would be there soon to pick her up.

Cee-Cee: How cute of Ally to make coughing sounds so you cough back at her, Tori has just started to click her tongue and make kiising kinda noises with her lips, she thinks she is awfully clver because she does them and then looks up and grins.

Rory- I see in your ticker that you are TTC again, good luck with that. Wre have deicded that we will start trying from June onwards. I would really like to have no2 before july 2008 so that they babies are only 2 years apart at school.

I hit the After christmas sales yesterday to buy myself some clothes and new underwear as an early birthday present. It was great I got 4 tops, a pair of 3/4 pants and 2 new bras for $130. I also got a toaster for my cousin for her engagement party (it is what she wanted) for $30 reduced from $60- all up I saved over $70 on the things I bought which I think is a great bargin.

Anyway I better go, gotta give the house a quick tidy- my electric stove stop keeps banging and arking so I am waiting for a the realeastate agent to call me back and get someone out to fix it.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast