Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #27

trying to make dinner here, DH forgot to take the chicken out, so there goes having our version on KFC chicken... going to make beer batter chips instead... yummo!! Anneliese just had homemade apple puree... and she loved it!! she hates the tinned stuff, will not eat it... lucky i love making my own baby food

be back after the madness that is dinner/bath/bed time...

NIC - Woohoo on sticking to a diet, i need to get rid of my pot belly, but not disciplined enough... maybe i should get some recipes off you and not tell DH we're on a diet!!

will try to post again soon .. Nip Tuck is on atm..

Just quickly - Bath: Couldn't have put it better myself honey! Every kid needs to know there is a god/higher being of some kind - be it Christianity/buddishm etc. Can't say I think Church of Scientology is a legit one - but anyway don't tell Tom Cruise I said that!
    Oh and do you update Avatar's Bath? Would like mine to be updated too if you're not too busy.

Will try to post again later 2nite or early 2morrow morning.

Mel: Duh! I wish I'd checked this site before I placed my final bid at 6.30pm yesterday - I won it at $52 and its 2nd hand! oh well no getting out of it now! Funny thing is I didn't get an email notification after last post.. strange!

Later!

Neeny - Nip/Tuck was a good one tonight! I am an idiot - I put happy 6mths to Aleise, not 7! Sorry - one of my many blonde moments! Bummer about the nappy wrapper, hopefully its in good condition. I sometimes don't get email notifications for ages. It will have one, but when I check there are quite a few more posts.

Nip tuck was good. when he woke up in his own bed and thought it was a dream i said to dh what a waist of an episode.... but then he awoke from that dream in his cell! Loved the ending.
    night everyone

Morning all... Another day stuck at home... DH has the car house i ALMOST clean (just have to tidy up the lounge) so not much to do here either!!

Dont think weather can decide whatit wants to do... Freezing and have the heater on ATM, but think its meant to be 27!! oh well.

ETA just checked BOM OMG!!! 36 tomorrow, 38 thursday... a lovely 25 for our friday meet, but drizzley...

so have we decided what we making yet?? im trying to think... im thinking of maybe bringing some camembert (sp?) cheese and crackers, if anyone else wanted to bring some cheese as well (we can have a yummy cheese platter) and im tryingto think of my fav dessert to bring... found some awesome cakes in my new cookbooks, may have to fiddle around with some of them...

Rory - did you want to make it an after lunch thing?? Or if you wanted to do if before lunch, we couldgo to that little vietnamese place.. im not bothered, i will be catching the train to your place with Anneliese.

Good morning

Everything has gone quiet all of a sudden after a noisey start to the day... just another quick one:

Nic: what colour do you want your snowboard?
    Amanda: did you receive my email?
    Neeny: yep, you're next (update), anything in particular I need to know?
    Jess: thinking of you, hope you're healing well.
    Rory: Didn't clean AT ALL yesterday! LOL finished my book, grocery shopped (by myself! what luxury!) ...DH spent THE WHOLE DAY with Verity helping her clean her room, decluttering, preparing for highschool etc. He's getting a sleep in right now as a reward.

Niall's waiting for his apple/blackcurrant puree... back later...

Bath both DH and I love your av of me, I'm stoked I look sexy lol, could u hold off on sending it to Kathryn until I join in about a fortnight.

Well it's raining here at the moment, but it's still very muggy not very nice. Has anyone got any suggestions Cody is doing like little nuggets (poo wise), there not hard, so I'm guessing he's only a little consipated should I just give him more boobie until he goes back to normal or try something else?

Be back later.

hugs xoxo

Amanda: Excellent So no changes? Just send me another message when you have joined up and I'll email it to Kath. Also how does Cody go with cooled boiled water from a bottle? does he have much pureed fruit? BFing would also be good to get things going smoothly again. I'm almost back to speed with mine... I don't think Niall was as settled on formula (S24 Gold) even though he accepted it readily enough. He happily drinks water on hot days though so I've never seen a rabbit pellet.... but I know what you mean... you're worried it might get that way? Also try extra tummy time... movement helps constipation.

back to feeding Niall/cleaning the kitchen/feeding Wade/instructing Verity to get dressed/making coffee for DH...

sounds like a good morning there bath im having so much trouble with anneliese, she's been whinging for 2 days. She's not hungry, i've burped her, tried giving her solids (same thing as she had last night, and she gagged and dry reached) she doesnt want cuddles... i dont know what to do! Boys are in destructive moods, so i've locked declan in his high chair for the moment to try and regain my sanity...

Thus far sounds like a quiet day for everyone, including myself.
    Well, DP's off and incommunicado until next Tuesday. He called twice last night and sent an "I love you and Oscar" message this morning, obviously before turning his phone off to hop on the coach to Bairnsdale - he's never been so sentimental (for HIS standards LOL!), so the course must have hit a nerve already He is going to LOVE the river. I told him he'd think about me when he gets to the gorge - a gorge that is inaccessible to everyone except people who travel down the river and get past a couple of rapids that require water craft to be carried over high rocks - cos that's when I thought about him and wanted him to see the gorge for himself, two years ago. You know, he almost sounded (on the phone last night) like he did in the first few months of us being together, when he worked in the hospital in a predominantly female environment - Challenge must be bringing out his 'fenimine' (as I say, all breathy and lispy as a p!sstake) side again!
    Oscar also had a bad start to the night, which is so highly unusual of him that, in my 'solo-ness' threw me so much that I called the Nurses on Call...yes, me, ms absolutely capable, called for help!! He'd been asleep for about an hour and then I put him in bed, where he stayed asleep for about ten minutes while I shut up house, brushed teeth and prepared for bed. I decided not to read and to get extra sleep instead...ha! Oscar stirred and I gave him a top up feed. He put his head back down but then he started to wriggle and grumble. It escalated from there and he was screaming and pleading with me with his eyes. Nothing I did calmed him down, so I called the nurses. As she was going through some kind of checklist he calmed down and sat quietly - after about 20 minutes of crying/screaming, mind you. Get off the phone, he gets sleepy, I put him to bed. Not two minutes later, same thing. I decided that he was windy because a couple of burps came up and he quietened down. It happened another two times in the night, but at least by then I knew he had an upset belly and I'd already administered the Brauers, as well as some cooled boiled water and there was nothing more to be done. Then he slept for a good 4 or 5 hours after that, so I assume it has passed. In the middle of the night, with no DP, I was momentarily detached from my 6th sense about these things and started to think that maybe he swallowed something I missed when I was cleaning the house yesterday. So glad he is content now. He NEVER has hysterics at night and if he cries it's a whimpy "I'm fighting sleep" cry that stops when I chuck him in a sling. So weird. Might not give him any solids today, just to let it all pass (he only had a couple of mouthfuls yesterday). He woke up beaming at Odin this morning, so all is well now.
    Sorry, that was a longwinded explanation, but I've had no-one to tell it to until now, so you can ignore it!
    If I can't find a recipe for SOMETHING I can cook out of my new Jamie Oliver, my new Edmonds cookbook, or any of my CWA books, then bugger me for Friday!
    I'm also getting a tad concerned about my metabolism/weight. I've had people comment (who haven't seen me for a while) that I'm 'skinny', and I wouldn't notice, just like I never noticed just how much weight I put on when I was on the depo (like some sort of reverse body dismorphic disorder!). I don't think I'm skinny, and I still have wobbly bits that do a 'muffin top' if my pants do up a bit higher up than a low hipster, but maybe I'm not eating enough to keep up with the physical output. I'm going to try to eat some more carbs at night, just to be on the safe side (though I ate butter chicken - sauce from a jar - last night with loads of rice!). I feel hungry after meals, though, and with the comments, it's made me wonder. Wish someone would say that my boobs were smaller, though, and it be true!!LOL
    Tending to the boy now, BBL when I've read some more posts and I can talk about something other than me
    ETA I typed too soon! Simone, hope the boys settle down soonso that you can tend to Liesy.Amanda, hope Cody's poo comes out soon!
    Last edited by Smoke Jaguar; January 9th, 2007 at 08:57 AM. Reason: new posts while composing lengthy essay...

there's a thread in the bf, ff solids thread about this IK... it was suggested to drink sustagen and milo in full cream milk. Maybe you just have a good metobolism and bf takes anything extra left on your body!! i know the only reason im still reasonably skinny is because i bf with all 3 children. and i tried to curb my cravings while pg i've started putting on some weight now though

Going to call my mum for a wicked recipe, cannot find one in my new cook books I want the jamie oliver ones!!

Time to get stuck into my NRG Maxx from Aldi, then! Thanks, Simone
    Another day, another room to baby proof...

and thanks for the tip about aldi washing powder IK... lovin it...

Nic: Finished your av... can you receive email at all? PM me if you'd like me to send it to you I gave you a pale pink snowboard cos it looked pretty with the background...

Bath nah no changes it's great. I haven't tried him on boiled water yet will try that, pureed fruit he's having either pear, apple or apple/mango for breakie or with it. Will try and also up b/f's too as he's cut back to maybe 4 feeds and a top up here and there, just depending.

IK you poor thing having to cope with Oscar and no DP would be hard hopefully you will have a better night tonight and no more upset tummy for Oscar.

Simone happy 7mths Anneliese hope she stops her gagging and starts eating again.

I forgot to say this morning that I've some how hurt my knee, so I'm limping around the house. DH came home last night and noticed that the cat was limping and didn't even notice that I was, bloody men.

hugs xoxo

thanks amanda... dont you love how attentive men are... NOT!!

Why am I always the last to notice these things? Happy 7 months, Anneliese!
    Bugger about your knee, Amanda - this happens to me out of the blue from time to time - even better when my knee AND my pelvis go at the same time! LOL about noticing the cat - maybe the cat is on your side and was testing him out?
    I got to have a shower - decided Oscar didn't really need one today, so I put him down, asleep, in the portacot. He's still there and I'm washing clothes. What to do next? File paperwork? or sweep the patio after the bloody c0ckatoos stripped the walnut tree while we were away, grrr. Or .... the list is long, but I have till Tuesday to get this place into shape, so that when DP comes back he can see that there is a standard to maintain after all my hard work!

Hi Girls just finished reading, my goodness my head is spinning. Where to start. I can't remember who said what.
    IK, Ok love tupperware, sister in law sold it for a while so I got it at cost price from her, very lucky.
    Neeny, Deoderised nappy buckets are excellent. PMSL at Aliese being a parrot. My 1st DD spoke really early and was asuch a parrot, very funny.
    Mel, Bed wetting, I bought a couple of the bed wetting sleep mats from the Warehouse (Solly's) they are excellent. I have only ever held back fluids after dinner(5-6.30)bed at 7.30, but we have always lived in really hot weather, so I could never do that. First two were totally trained by 24 months, Allanah was closer to 3 before she was trained and every now and then she has an accident. Melissa is also not really trained yet she is 26months, I'm just playing by ear, hopefully by Easter.
    Jess rest up darl, and look after yourself.
    Bath and was it Amanda, had my booby's in the sun and it cleared up fast after that. He had ripped my left nipple at the base about a half the way around and my right one kinda on top, which he kept opening up and it kept bleeding, I didn't realise until he did the biggest blackest poo that he was getting so much blood. so I put him on formula and expressed for a few days. But ended up with Masstitis in my left booby, went to doc and got antibiotics ended up with thrush so back to the chemist and all is alot better.
    I can feed him again still alittle tiny bit tender and I am being really vigilent and hold his head so he doesn't pull off. OMG the pain was tremendous like someone took a searing hot poker stick and shoved it through my nipples.

Moving, OMG who owns all this stuff. My goodness it never ends. It is so overwhelming at the moment. I'm doing it all by myself and the kids keep pulling stuff out that I have already sorted. It is way to hot to bwe outside so they are in here with me and I have just said F it I'll wait til DH gets home tonight to do any more. They are driving me crazy. They think they are helping, but they are not. Well sitting here with sweat pouring down need to get back into the aircon.
    bye for now
    Dee

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast