Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #28

Cee_Cee99 Guest

hi girls,
    gee your meet up sounds like it is going to be lots of fun!

Mel: I was thinking of you today as I meant to tell you about an article in the newspaper here that talked about how new research shows that the bacteria in yogurts (acidofolus?sp?, bifidus and another one) improves eczema in babies and infants! Perhaps you could try some yougurt for Marley? My nathropath told me the best brand in the one in the brown tub called "Bornoffen" (sp?) you have to buy the "natural" one. Good luck...

Me: when I just got back and checked my mail and someone has stolen ALL my mail for the past month including DVD's from Quickflicks (which apparently now I'm liable for), some sexy Donna Karen nickers from my friend in the UK (for Xmas) and God knows what else? One of the downfalls from living in the Inner city I guess... Not happy about it though!

CC - what a complete bugger about the mail! I just take it for granted here that I can leave my car unlocked, house unlocked at night (only if dog inside when DP not home, and when DP's home, though!), deliveries at the front door, because the street is a bit unknown, even to long-term locals around here. I think I'd have a culture shock living in an inner city environment. Still, that's so crap about your stuff going missing - is nothing sacred?
    I had my dad over for dinner tonight -he loved my slow-cook, and then I tried to burst his seams by making a killer fruit smoothie! I put pineapple, sugar melon, passionfruit and banana in the food processor, then put in my milk and icecream. I had two helpings, cos he was full! He must think I'm a tripper. Everytime he sees me and Oscar we are having fun (he jokes that I should be his sister, not his mother) and he probably thinks it's always like that...and he'd be right. I wish everyone could have as much fun with their babies as I do with mine, but I do know that for various reasons, it's not always a Luna Park ride for mummies and babies.
    Oh, yeah, I've got the TTC smilies, too - go figure.
    Well, I can actually see the dining table now - all tidy. The only untidy area now is the back room...and it's quite horrendous, so I'll leave it for Saturday. Every area I have cleaned and tidied is still tidy - my theory about DP being at fault is holding true...
    Might watch a DVD now, but might have to watch the rest tomorrow if Oscar wakes, cos if he does I will be putting us both in bed!

CC - that sucks re: the stlen mail!! Im lucky lost nothing yet... *touch wood*

Went shopping then took my cheeses over to rory's - got king island camembert, brie, edam and a lovely cheddar. Coles was the only place that had anything other than the cheddar!!

house is still clea (bar the thomas train set all over my lovely clean floor ) when the kids arent home it stays perfect... wait til the weekend. Ill spent the whole time cleaning to keep it up to this standard!!

Well i wont e on tomorrow, as im going to cath the train intot he city with DH at 8am, and wander for a while. Easier than having to walk, get on a bus, then a tram, then a train... all with a pram and a cast!! ill be on my mobi though if anyone wants me

I should really get xander to bed, but he keeps fighting it, and im in a "cant be bothered fighting him" mood... Just one of those days huh??

Nic - I am making a beautiful low carb, low fat salad I found on the internet. It was actually quite fun reading through them. Its a roasted sweet potato salad with spinach, chickpeas, pepitas (pumpkin seeds) and a yoghurt and coriander dressing. Never made it before but I roasted the sweet pot in some sweet chilli sauce and it smells good! So looking forward to meeting you and Nixon tomorrow. I have checked the melways and have written down my route. Looks pretty straight forward (I hope LOL!!!)

CC - thanks so much for the tip about the yoghurt. I think I know which one it is, Bornhoffen (like the bread), I will be going to get some tomorrow and she better like it! What paper was it in, I might be able to google it? Hopefully it will work. Her legs have been pretty red today even with the cortisone. How horrible having mail stolen, esp the nice Donna Karan undies.

IK - must have been the day for smoothies! I bought some beautiful blackberries for only $2.99 a punnet so made a smoothie this morning with yoghurt, honey and blackberries. Chelsea had 2 glasses and thought it was pretty cool as it was bright purple!!! It so nice to hear you having so much fun with Oscar. I remember those days well when I had Chelsea. We did so much together - poor Marley gets a bit ripped off with quality mum time. It will be better once Chelsea goes back to kinder, more one on one time and she is getting so funny with her faces and what she does. Enjoy every minute of it. Enjoy your DVD if you get to watch it.

Bath - I love what you said about the "guilt" thing. I very rarely feel guilty eating my goodies, its after LOL!! So I thought of your saying while I had my little Lindt Hazelnut Praline chocolate with my coffee and enjoyed every bite of it!!!

Amanda - thanks again for the birthday cake picture. You are wonderful (and a lifesaver!!!)

Looking forward to seeing the Melb junies tomorrow.

Poor Anneiese never got any time alone with me, which is why the boys have an extra day in daycare, and me and allie spend the day together... She'll be coming with me tomorrow, but the boys will be going to daycare (unless declan still has this temp - its nothing contagious, he's just teething again, normal for him, but thats not acceptable for daycare, even though they had a kid with gastro be allowed to stay last week!! Well, not after i put a complaint in!!) So it may be declan adn allie with me tomorrow. Ills e how i go.

Bath - sms me and ill meet you at flinders st station tomorrow, we can catch the broadie train out to glenroy together i know where im going!!

Yep got my directions out too, looked up whereis but also got the melway and doubled up. according to whereis it is about 20min trip so may be there b4 1, anyway you'll all be there by then.
    yummo mel sounds delish.
    I used reduced fat pastry, light cheese, rindless bacon, light cream, light milk and the eggs come from skinny chikens lol!
    Good night everyone, i think our catch up talk took up most of the thread today

we needed to catch up, its been so quiet in here lately!! Its good to have you all in here, im in here so much, and i was so lonely, i swear i could hear echoes...

See you all tomorrow!!

Hi girls just wanted to let you know that I got into uni, Yaaaayyy!, For those who either don't know or don't remember I applied to do my Grad Dip Education (Early Years) Next year I can complete the Bachelor while inservice. If I get a job, lol. My day care bill is about to sky rocket. ($750 a week, we get 16% rebate, basic level.) Oh well it's this years sacrafice for a life changing career. I really didn't think I'd get in since it is so competative. I can't wait to finish, I know I haven't started yet, but I just kept thinking about the rewards Teaching will give me and my family. I loved Nursing but with five kids and a hubby who does shift work it just doesn't work. I will always have my nursing and I can go back to it later if I want to. Ohhhh my goodness what a busy year ahead.
    Oh and btw have fun at Rory's girls,
    Ta Dee

Congratulations, Dee! We can commiserate together around those pesky due dates!

Morning girls,

Dee congrats on getting into your course. How's the packing going?

CC what a pain, getting all your mail stolen, obviously some was watching your mail box for all the goodies, you poor thing.

Melbourne Girls hope you all have a great day and I wish I was down there to enjoy a bit of adult stimulation, but none the less have a wonderful time with friends, food and wine.

IK thanks for the recipe, sounds great.

Another partly overcast day here and it's muggy to boot, better go and have some brekkie.

hugs xoxo

#karen# Guest

Afternoon everyone,
    Thinking of all the ladies having fun at Rory's.
    Dee - congrats, all the best I know how hard it is to study with a baby and toddler, let alone all your children. But you can do it and it will be worth it in the end, congrats again.
    CC - how horrible, have you asked around if anyone saw anything? I suppose you have reported it. It's a federal crime isn't it?
    So hot here, I feel like crying. I'd love to have some a/c, poor Nathan doesn't cope well.

Cee_Cee99 Guest

hi all,
    congrats Dee - that is excellent news! wow $750 is a LOT of mulla!would a nanny be cheaper?

IK - That is so sweet, I agree, I wish everyone had the luxuary of spending quality time with their child, we are super lucky that we have healthy babies and can stay and play wiht them....

Mel - that sounds so yummy - my sister does a similar one with roasted sweet potato baked with cumin, then just tosses it with fetta cheese, cherry tomatoes and torn basil - it is always such a hit!

SImone - LOL
    I should really get xander to bed, but he keeps fighting it, and im in a "cant be bothered fighting him" mood... Just one of those days
    .. I have those days too - you are so right...

Nickers - ohhh that photo of Nixon is so cute, I swear you always have the best ticker photos!.. that said, I think Cody's could give him a run for his money - yippee!!!! He looks like a cowboy riding Elmo!

ME: Just came back from Ally 6 month shots, she is fine, a little underweight - so I'm going to up her food intake - she still has BM every two hours (and twice at night) and dinner. so i am going to now include lunch too... at night she has 4 tablespoons of pumkin and wants more - I think she is hungry... poor little tyke. She also drinks half a cup of water a day... hope she has not been thirsty too? Oh well, she looks OK...

must run, chat soon.
    luv
    CC

Hello,

Ive just uploaded a couple of pics of the kiddies on my website under "BB Junies folder"
    I can beleive we got all of them sitting together! didnt last long but i think we managed to get a few good pics! Look at my fatty... i weighed him on my scales the other day
    9.5kg!!! he's turned into a heffa!
    Thank You very much Rory for having us at your humble home, i had a great day.
    I think everyone should come over to my place before we say bye bye, i forgot to mention it whilst there but i had mentioned a while back if you guys were interested we go to the minature railway in Eltham then back to my place for a chatter drinks/coffee. It only runs wed & Sun so let me know if you are interested, if not the railway then just over here is fine also.
    Nixon had so much fun today he was awake for 4.5hrs! He was asleep before we got to the end of the street & i managed a transfer to bed once we got home!

Ohh Thanks CC, but i cannot take the credit for his current ticker pic it was a professional photo. Glad Ally's needles went well.
    Karen- i spoke to dh today (In Sydney) he said it was way too hot, he has been driving around looking at houses all day and said it was a stinker. you must have got our weather up from yesterday. Can you put your feet in a cold bucket or something for a little bit? amazing how much your body will cool down, it sucks when there is no escaping it.
    dee- Congratulations thats awesome! $750 a week eishh, how many days and how many children is that for?

Hey ladies

Thanks to rory for having us in your home, and for all the ladies for coming. I had such a great day

Nic - im up for a meet at your place, i cant believe your leaving us... a great gain for the sydneysiders... Nixon is just gorgeous, such a little man!!

Good Evening... What a lovely day... thankyou again Rory You're house is coming along beautifully... very interesting looking at the before and after shots and I never realised it was your childhood home! Great to meet your DH too... very clever man he is... looking forward to seeing how your home evolves as your children grow older... I say "children" because I can just feel that it will be a home full of them! LOL Wade was also asleep before we left Glenroy! Niall fell alseep not long after. Also, pleeeease give me a chance to provide you all with a batch of properly cooked brownies!!! I didn't realise they were so under done *blush* the last time I made them they were slighty overdone ie too dry... I over compensated... dang! But I loooved that salad you made Mel! I agree: unusual ingredients but it all worked together perfectly... going to make it this weekend.... is the recipe online anywhere? Also thanks for the slice recipe IK... going to give that one a go too... I agree it had exactly the right ammount of "chewiness", bravo!

gonna check out Nic's pics... BBL

The kids look gorgeous in the piccy's!! And anneliese doesnt look too small

I had such a good time today ladies, thank you very much

Bath - Declan was asleep pretty much straight away too!! And your brownies were great, even if they were underdone - i loved the almonds in them , i usually make them, with almonds as i dont like hazelnuts or walnuts.... so they were great

Ta Sim I also meant to thank you for waiting in at Flinders Street Station for me and showing me the way to Rory's. Anneliese was so settled today amongst all the boys! So was Marley. I'm so looking forward to taking another piccy of the Melbourne Junie Babes in maybe 6 months time. Nic you will have to return for visits!

I can't believe I'm being distracted by an SBS documentary on the "Perfect Pen!s" LOL

I just had one of the girls pm me telling me to put this on...

Yay, i can get SBS!! i just cant get ABC still

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast