Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #28

I'll bring both kinds of plates... but girls girls girls... you shouldn't refer to treat foods as 'naughty' guilt doesn't help! Get thee all a copy of French Women Don't Get Fat! LOL They never diet and always allow themselves a good quality piece of chocolate every day. It all starts with not feeling guilty. Eat healthy at home and indulge with friends. Still I respect the wishes of those who have other approaches. I'll bring some smoked oysters, lite Philly and mini toasts.... our friends always woof them down when i make them here... they at least aren't empty calories.... Verity and Wade love them too so at the very least they'll polish them off if nobody else wants them! LOL

Ok Ok Bath, stop twisting my arm, i've decided i will just bring a cheese platter. Rory, if i bring them all packaged up, have you got a platter i could use that way its easy to transport...

Bath i have no idea what time the train are, im thinking of getting a train into the city with DH in the morning and just walking around the city, adn maybe meeting you on the platform instead of running around in the morning trying t get to the train station...

I just did the funnest thing with Oscar - he was my wheelbarrow...he was walking on his hands as I held his ankles, with no complaints! He also likes being dropped suddenly from one height to another - hasn't cried yet when playing a bit 'rough'!
    Books - I have read some Pinky Mackay and really like what I've read so far, but for reference I've got my text books. I refer to Dr Sears' website, mainly to confirm my own practices. It was bad enough with those damn pregnancy books differing so wildly and then just opting for certain authors in the end! I reckon I'm not doing too badly without the books
    Hmmm, wonder what the books would say about your child playing on the dog's mat, possibly sucking on dog hair...better get back to him and get us into the village!
    ETA: I'm inclined to bring some Turkish bread and dips - what do you think?

ive only stopped wearing a bra to bed in the last month since down to one bf. oh feels so much better!
    someome tell me what to make/bring, my minds gone blank and i cannot think of anything exept for "treat foods!"

sounds good IK

The kids love playing rough with DH... its just playing!!

Treat yourself nic, and we can all go for an afternoon walk to walk it all off

ok about to go shopping. Ive decided i will make a quiche, i will be leaving my house about 9.30am tomorrow so cannot bring anything that needs to be refridgerated, i'll cook it tonight and it can just be heated up tomorrow if that sounds good.

Nic... what about just some olives? or other antipasta type things? (hope I caught you before you left!)

Sounds good nic

I've decided to go food shopping later this arvo, as then i can go pick DH up at the same time, then pickthe kids up after... get everything done at once.

think i need to open up the house, its nice and cool outside, but so stuffy in here!!!

Just thinking, what cheeses should i get?? I'm thinking Camembert, Brie, Edam... maybe one more?? something that is great with crackers...

And where's the best place to buy it...

(I was thinking about nipping into the vic markets tomorrow... just taking anneliese in the HAB instead of the pram, and jumping on a tram out to the markets... no sure yet!!)

Coles has a decent range of cheeses these days Sim... don't spend too much $ but anything by King Island is good... just buy what's on special... Castello is also a yummy option.

Got my cordless clipped onto my waistband... Wade's in the sandpit... Niall's asleep in the front part of the house... gonna go peg some clothes and play with Wade out the back... woohoo! No walking backwards and forwards checking for crying!

i love the king island camembert, that was my original idea, plus make something, but then i just thought about brining a cheese platter, will be easier to cart round!!

Alright, i think im going to head into airport west and do the shopping now (or sometime soon) i had a boost juice earlier, and im DYING for another!! its been taking over my thoughts for the last 20mins or so... ill see if i can get rid of the craving...

(its annoying, i barely crave when im pg, only afterwards...)

Simone - Aldi has a great range of cheeses! Some of those waxed ones, too. I'll be getting dips from there cos I love them. I'll get them on the way tomorrow. I'll drive or I'll be on trains all day and I couldn't stand the thought of that. Plus I've been good this week and walked into the village and not gone anywhere off the mountain
    I was naughty and bought something at the second hand furniture shop! It was only $22 (after pointing out some damage) and it's a small carved table. It is one of those that sits on a fold out leg base thing (with a hinge) and the top slots onto the three bits of the base. It has some brass leaves inlaid into the top. The reason it caught my eye was that I have a miniature version of it that I keep a big candle on. The other reason is that we got rid of our coffee table ages ago and it leaves nowhere to put platters for guests, because the auto tray is a bit high to leave in the middle of the rug between the couch and the other chairs! At the moment the top has been glued to the base, but I think I can get it apart with a hairdryer. I need it to fold away so that we only have to bring it out when entertaining. I dont' think DP will get TOO mad at me!
    Simone - the photo is really sweet, I love it!
    Mel - I will try that DIY rusk business...Give this boy something to chew on that isn't my shoe or Odin's mat...
    Oh, I missed my mothers group - apparently there was only one of them who waited for a bit and then left...5 mins before I got there!
    Oscar's trying to go to sleep, but it's pretty warm inside. He'll be fine once asleep.

Thanks IK

If anyone else want a copy of this beautiful photo of me and anneliese, just email me - [email protected] (or you can check it out at ryanmoore photography dot com, its the one on the top line, second from the left...) you can see other pics of the kids on there too (and mods, its not a business, just a site of DH's fav pics...)

OK im going shopping now, have to get fuel anyway... I will hopefully be back on later, if DH lets me on (my time is during the day, when he gets home, the comp is his...) if not Bath, could you sms me and let me know what train you'll be on, or what time you want to meet at flinders St station?? i will have Anneliese and the pram... And ill see those who are going to rory's tomorrow, and the rest i will talk to later!!

IK - I have one of the olive dips from Aldi, so I can bring that, its really yummy. I will make a salad then to go with Nics quiche and Rorys slice. The DIY rusks are good, but watch that they don't break off big pieces like Marley did this afternoon. I will be driving in too, much easier for me. Bummer about your mums group meeting, pity the girl didn't phone you to see how far away you were.

Finally turned air con off and opened up the house - its a bit cooler, but not much!

im only catching the train so i can have a glass or two of wine and not have to worry about driving, and also because DH is going to pick the boys up from daycare and pick me up later. So i can have a stress free day with friends

Rory, i though if i maybe bring the cheeses and stuff over today, then i wont need to drag them around all morning tomorrow, and i wont eat them tonight... let me know i might just call you... May have to come around after DH is home with the kids if thats ok?? Talk to you soon...

I know i know, i was meant to be going ages ago, but im too comfy to get up!!

sorry Bath i had already left, i dont like olives myself anyway so ive just finished making the quiche. Yum Mel salad to go with it will be nice. I think its going to be sunny and 29 tomorrow in melb.
    i will be driving otherwise i wont be there till even later, better go look up how to get there from where i will be!

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast