Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #28

Nickel. i had 3 children in 3 years... Xander's 3.5, Declan 21 months (21 months between them) and Anneliese is 7 months (14 months between her and Declan) Life gets very hectic sometimes, but for the most part, my house is clean, the kids are happy and clean () and im relatively sane.... I love m,y hectic life, adn sometimes think about #4... but have decided to wait a few years on that one (when Anneliese is about 3 or 4, that way i can enjoy having a baby at home while the kiddies are at school!!)

OK, should we do something (either post in here or do an email round) of what we are bringing?? Im going to buy some nice camembert and crackers pepper crackers (if thats ok with everyone!!) and if its not too hot between now and tomorrow lunchtime, i may just make a sweet... we have all arvo to eat it!! May have to ring mum up for recipes...

Oh and i forgot to add i rang my sister for her 21st last night (she's up in a mine in northern WA) and she's so homesick But she's on a starting wage of 51,000pa in the kitchen... and just moved to cleaning rooms. If she works for the mine and not through an agency, she can earn 81,000pa cleaning rooms... i think i just found my calling! She's up there hoping to get into truck driving (she's 5 foot nothing and has her heavy rigid license ) as you can make well over 100,000pa... *siigh* and we're living on 35,000pa inc super...

Instead of editing, I'll post, because by the time I read the interim posts, I'm sure someone had already started another post!
    Nickel - Ruby looks like such a doll! Um, you are right, I don't like Babylove! I started to read it last night and found myself skipping so many sections because they started to read all wrong to me and then decided that the whole book would have to be given a big miss. I didn't actually find anything in it that I liked (will keep looking though) - I don't even like her writing style. It is a shame because I heard people liked it a lot, and it's just a bit prescriptive for my liking. That's what I love about the Sears and Pinky, there are no prescriptions, just philosophies and anecdotes. Thanks for the confirmation about my first impressions!
    As for TTC#2, I'm in no hurry, although DP is keen to just let it happen if it does, just like Oscar 'happened' (although it was only a matter of time with him, really - we just went off the pill and did our thing!). Ideally, I'd like to give Oscar and clear 2-2 and a half year run on his own, but DP seems to want one sooner. He has so much developing to do in these years that I want to be completely present for them! But, who knows. I am definitely not making any concerted efforts for #2 this year. DP's funny - wants me to finish my course, but then suggests we push out another kidlet...it wasn't supposed to be part of the strategy!
    Boobies on the loose - it did take some getting used to, and I have a DD to E cup...but I sleep with a cloth handy to soak up leakage from the boob he's NOT feeding from (let down is still a b!tch!), but I'm loving it again. Trust me, I never thought I'd sleep out of a bra again, but I took the plunge!

I never slept in a bra IK (except first days of bf, when you need to have something to soak up all the stuff thats constantly coming out!! Some days i dont wear a bra at all... But thats because i have tiny BB's!!!

Any melbunians coming to the BBQ in Queens park, Moonee Ponds on Feb 18?? And there's a sexyland meetup (on in dandenong and one in airport west) with coffee after at hard rock cafe in the city this sat from 11am... coffee at 2pm... I though that sounds pretty interesting!! lots of meets happening atm...

Good morning Junies... found it impossible to post yesterday... every time I raised my fingers there was some crisis... and today DH is back at work and I'm alone with bored kids and a hot house Still I've got a new cordless phone system hooked up today so I'm looking forward to my first caller... hopefully it will be DH as he always calls me at lunchtime. The phone system also functions as a baby monitor which will be handy when I need to hang clothes or am playing with Wade outside and Niall's inside alone sleeping. I guess most people have cordless phones these days... but for me it's a real treat

Now I've got Wade hanging off my arm sorry girls, I'll catch up properly tomorrow... I'll make chocolate/hazelnut brownies as they should travel well. Thanks for the email Rory

back later when the kids are occupied... as soon as I sit down they gravitate toward me.

Well, blow me down, Bath, it does too! I've just picked up my cordless, pressed intercom to check and, yes! It's an intercom as well as a handset finder!!! I feel like such a simpletonLOL

Bath I LOVE my cordless phone - it has a hands free setting which is great cause I can feed, hang up washing, dust, etc while talking.

Simone, I will try to make the Queens Park meet up.

OK, sounds like we need a list of what we are eating tomorrow. I will do a fruit platter and tonight will make a savoury slice of some kind (zucchini? pumpkin? rice?). Simone is going to bring cheese and crackers and maybe a sweet, Bath is going to bring brownies. Mel and IK??

Flynn is manky - will BRB

*sneaking in for another post while Wade is outside*

I've got another Compact item if anyone wants it... I could bring it along tomorrow...wish i could take a piccy and load it onto my site but my dig camera software has thrown a spaz it's a single girl's doona cover and pillow case. Now that Verity has her double bed we'll never need it again... also I'm going to bring over some small babies girls' clothing for Sim and Mel to check out...if nobody wants the items it's no problem to put in the charity bin near our train station on the way home.

IK: I was so happy for your cousin too... let us know how she gets along... is it a 6 year course?

so many other things I wanted to reply to... Verity is about to go over to a friend's place for the afternoon... she has been stirring Wade up a bit today... hopefully he will calm down after she's gone and I'll get a chance to get on here again...

and is it wishful thinking but is that a slightly cooler breeze I can feel???

ETA: it is! it is a cool breeze!!!

I have the TTC icons too... but there's no way known we're TTC!!!! I'm actually becoming more and more certain that our family is complete... it's sooo hard with a baby and a toddler/small child... i honestly don't know how Sim/Jess etc does it! I thought I was capable after working in childcare for 5 years but at home it's just so relentless! I agree Sim, if you're going to have another it would be nicer for all concerned to wait until the boys at least are in primary school... from about grade 5 when they are at the age when they can walk home/grab a lift with friends would be even better! But you've got time on your side darl... I guess most women aren't so lucky and have to have children closer if they want more.

ETA: DH just rang! My first call... fantastic... I was feeding Naill at the time too... I'm going to adjust the ringtone next... apparently there are polyphonic ones in the menu I can select and link it to his number so when he calls me i will hear "When Irish Eyes are Smiling" LOL In the mean time I need to help Wade who has just informed me that he needs to do "massive wees and poos mum!!!"

what should i bring Rory? As much as id love to make something naughty im on my heath kick so wanna TRY and be good tomorrow, u tell me what u think we need im going shopping after lunch so can get whatever is needed.

I was given the babylove book for my baby shower and i have found it pretty good so far. i admit i do forget to get it out sometimes if i need to find an answer but generally ive found it helpfull to me.
    Nickel- Id like to have 1 & 2 reasonably close together ie: within or around the 2year mark. We're gonna try next month but if it doesnt happen will prob wait a few months as i wanna avoid a Dec/Jan/Feb baby. So then the next try would produce a march baby which would be 23months appart. I remember being so hot early in the pg last time i dont know that i'd cope being all but due in a day like today!

our april buddies Biggest looser weigh in was thismornning, i lost 1.1kg but actually lost 2kg from when dh and i started 1.5weeks ago. anyway all i am loosing atm is weight i put on over xmas so got about 5-6kg to go.
    went to the gym thismorning & put Nixon in Chreche 9sp?) he was alseep when i picked him up managed to get him in then back out of the car and he is still asleep now whoo hoo been 1.5hrs.
    DH has gone to sydney for 4 days to look at houses

slight breeze bath?? I wish!

Glad you could get something out of Babylove, Nickers! I think Nickel meant that going by my parenting inclinations thus far, that the book may not be very useful to me...and if I am right about that, then Nickel is also correct I'm finding even the developmental stages aren't even relating very well to where Oscar is at in the books.
    I've got a slow cook on and I hope it doesn't heat up the house too much.
    I'm meeting my Mothers Group girls in the village in an hour, but I don't feel like going anywhere! I should, though. I dont' want to walk up in this heat and I'm loathe to take the car, but I will because today is not the day for expending more energy than I have to.
    I just reorganised my pantry top shelf, too, so that I can see what cans of food I have and what jars of preserves are there. Found a couple of marmalades, so I don't need to buy any for a while. Actually, I had a sentimental moment or two when I found the marmalades that FIL made - he loved preserving! This time last year...well, the year turned out better than it started.
    OK, gonna eat my yummy salmon sandwich and get to this boy to keep him occupied!

there's an awesome breeze Ahhh....

I've gotta head out to the animal shelter on the weekend, we've decided to relinquish Matisse. She keeps scratching the kids as they walk past... Anyone want a cat?? Very beautiful and cuddley... but my kids think its funny to pull her tail, and she doesnt like that...

Nickel - dinner was fantastic. I love a good night out without kids. I feasted on mushroom and truffle oil risotto, followed by tempura whiting fillets with a ginger and soy dressing, then pannacotta with spiced pears. Plus a lovely glass of champers, red and a coffee! We were home by 11pm and MIL coped well with the girls. I have a 3.5 year gap b/w my girls and I love it. Chelsea is very independant, so she can do her own thing and also help me with things. Its really not that bad. Don't know if I could give up my chockie either LOL!!

IK - most things I have read (internet/books etc) say you can introduce fish, chicken, beef etc after 6 mths. If they are going well on other veg, fruit etc you can make a casserole and puree it. I gave Marley some lamb shank the other night and she loved it (pureed of course). You can just add little bit to their vegies. Baby love is meant to read as a reference, so if you have a question, you look up what you want. Not to be read page after page (if that makes sense). I, like Nic, found it very helpful with Chelsea and still refer to some things with Marley. As with all books, some stuff I have never read up on. Her recipes etc are pretty good too, as I tried lots of them with Chelsea. Homemade rusk recipe is good. There are so many different books out, that maybe this one just isn't you, but I am sure you will find one that is more "you". Men always make a house messy (well mine does LOL!!!). ADDED: IK I think Oscar is more advanced than most kids in his developmental age group which is why it probably doesn't appear in many books - he is getting too clever LOL!!!

Simone - I have put my name down for the 18th Feb meet. Should be fun, at least I will know some people (you, rory, nic). I was reading in the paper about the mining jobs in WA and couldn't believe the $ they were paying. A plumber from Melb has gone over and is earning $150K! I would clean up after people for $80K! I don't wear a bra to bed anymore, but did for a while when I was BF. I go around in the morning without a bra, but its not so comfortable, my poor boobs are a little saggy now!

Rory - will bring the allergy info tomorrow. I might try to make something healthy too as it would be nice to eat relatively good (I love brownies, so will definately have on of Baths brownies LOL!!!). I thought maybe club sandwiches or a salad??

Bath - I love my cordless phone too! We have had one for years as I hate sitting down in one spot on the phone LOL!! My GF from Brisbane rings me once a week and we can be chatting for 2-3 hours, so I need to move around. Its not handsfree which bugs me a bit, but that might be my next buy. No cool breeze here yet, I turned air con on at 7.30am as the house was starting to get hot - outside is a little cooler but not a cloud to be seen.

Nic - well done on the weight loss, you should be proud of yourself. Glad Nixon enjoyed creche. You might motivate me to start doing more - I have been riding my exercise bike a few times a week (its a start) and sit ups but should really watch my food intake as I tend to eat lots of naughty things. I am going to try to make something low fat for lunch, so we can all be healthy. Hope DH has a successful trip house hunting for you.

Going to check out what to make for tomorrow.
    Last edited by MelS; January 11th, 2007 at 12:14 PM.

Whats the recipe for the homemade rusks?? Anneliese hates the heinz ones, but wants something to chew one... I Introduced the boys to solids at about 6m, but they were on solids from 3m....

just sitting back listening to stevie nicks atm... so relaxed

Ok. Verity has gone... Wade can finally watch Thomas The Tank Engine in peace... Niall is grisley... how I would LOVE to just lie down with him on the bed... but sure enough if I try that Wade will get jealous and jump all over us What to do? Maybe Wade will allow me to lie down with Niall on the loungeroom floor...

I can bring a low fat alternative snack too if everyone wants to be good Let me think about it for a while...

BAth, which thomas DVD do you have?? We have "Calling All Engines" where the Diesels and steamies have a big fight and then learnt to work together after a big storm to fix the Island of Sodor back up for the visitors... they boys love it, but i've had enough of watching it so many times...

Damn i knew i forgot something!! The cheese while i was at the shops.... will have to go back later... or make something healthier.....

Simone - the recipe says to cut up bread into 4 long pieces and either microwave on high for 1 minute and then leave to harden (doesn't take long) or put in the oven for 1 hour. The micowave way just takes the moisture out of the bread and leaving it just dries it out a little more! Easy.

Bath - hopefully you can just lay on the lounge floor with Wade too, make it like camping out!!! I love brownies - I would love to have one naughty indulgence for the day LOL!!!

Marley awake - BBL

Sim, we've just got Series 3 (Thomas) but only the first 3 and the last 2 (out of 26) episodes work because Wade removed the disc from the player when i wasn't looking and scratched it to buggery. DH and i had a big fight about it. He wants to buy more dvds to replace it but i put my foot down and said no way! i'm not flushing $ down the drain like that!!!! I can't watch Wade every second... he'll just keep scratching them". S now we download them off the net instead.

now wade's hungry... i've been offering food all bloody day!

Should we have some good some naughty stuff?? Im meant to be eating "healthier" to get rid of my pot belly, but would love to indulge a little with a nice glass of white

Mel - thanks for the tip - too easy!!

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast