Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #29

Good morning... good to read that you sound a bit happier Simone... i felt a bit bad yesterday as i wasn't able to get online properly or even ring IK back It wasn't a flash day here for us as a family and I felt a bit PMTish. I was able to call Rory though: I agree with everyone when they said it was wonderful that you were able to be there for Simone, so Thanks girls (you too IK) what great people to know in a crisis hey?

Well seems Niall is in for another whingey day...

will ETA this post a bit later...

Hi all, there have been heaps of us online over the weekend - welcome back Ali! Karen, I hope Luke gets better soon. Jess, yes, the ouchies - I hope DH his still taking good care of you!
    Bath - don't worry about the call, it's not worries! I hope Niall can have some mercy on you today...
    Sim - things have definitely taken a mature turn, haven't they? Sometimes it's better to take a step back than to keep barrelling forward, to get a clearer picture of what's ahead
    Well, my dad came around for a roo roast last night and he played with Oscar, then my sister called and we got to hear Chiara squawking over the phone! I was sort of keeping up with the posts and then decided to just close the laptop and be attentive to my family. It was lovely. I even resisted the temptation to open it once he'd gone, and sat down to watch a borrowed DVD! I watch 'Love and Other Catastrophes'...about ten years late! I had meant to watch it when it came out and I was in uni at the same time, but never got round to it (just before I morphed into Clubbing Queen down Chapel Street!), and it was a bit nostalgic - they were wearing what I wore to uni at the time, but living a completely different lifestyle because I didn't live far away enough to merit living away from home!
    Got to bed by 11 (like, a whole 2 hours earlier than the last few nights...) and STILL managed to get us to sleep in till 10, woo hoo! The dog is inside until a bit later - if my deliveries get to the driveway today, I would like them to also make it to the door without being scared back!
    OK, the boy is climbing me again. I haven't given him my proper attention over the weekend, so today will be different

IK
    - Laughed out loud!! at your big deck comment. Gosh we have fun with the kiwi accent hey!! and I meant Odin, not Oscar but whatever ! doh to me! It's very funny when I'm talking to Ruby in a sweet voice and saying "hello bubby" my dog Sugar creeps up hoping that I'm talking to her!!

SIMONE
    it's so fine. That's one of the great things about this site is people who care can help you when you need it. And sh*t happens, we all fall "off the wagon" baby steps all the way mate. Doesn't make you a bad person, or less of a great mummy, you just have stuff to sort out. Like everyone. and Ik's advice is spot on.
    Get yourself an "advocate" - like at birth, someone who knows what is going on and can be firm and helpful with everyone because it's very emotional for you right now.

NICKERS
    well when/if you're in Moorebank (will have to look that up lol!) maybe we could get the Syd. mothers together. IF you think you have lots to do now, wait till you have 2 kids to catch up on. I must admit that's where blogging has been really good because you can do that really quickly, and then it reminds you later when you come to scrabook it, you know 2 years later...

LMG
    the thing with scrapbooking is JUST START! it's absolutely deadly for a perfectionist because you keep thinking I have to start at the begining adn you've got 2 kids so you've got buckleys of getting it all organised! What's BBL? Belly belly later??

RORYRORY
    did you stay out all night?? jealous as!! Sat night I stayed at a friend's till 12ish and picked up my DH from work in the city about 1ish (He's a chef) so although Ruby slept thru, G was very excited about picking up daddy "from the middle of the night". At least teh girls didn't wake till 8 the next morning. but I was totally wasted! Im not so young anymore.

Ali25 - uhoh! does that mean Ruby's going to crawl soon?? Clapping is the cutest! Glad you had a great time with the fam.

Karen - that's all you need hey? you must be exhausted, how's Luke today? Poor little muppet. and how are you going?

Hiya Nickel and IK Firstly Nickel: That was such a sweet thing you posted last thread, thanks darl... I need a few prayers right now, am feeling very highly strung, don't know why, every little thing is just "getting to me". However Niall, who I thing is sensing this and reacting to it, has just fallen asleep for his morning nap... and Wade has calmed down and isn't tearing through the house at a million miles an hour... and Verity is having a shower and isn't whipping him up into a frenzy anymore... and IK: I've just started making your oaty date slice BBL = be back later.

Hey bath - relax hun!! enjoy the slice and let the kids run amok... sometimes i find thats the only way to get some time... i hvae a massive headache, due to the IL fight yesterday, posted in my thread about it.
    Last edited by Melinda; January 15th, 2007 at 12:59 PM.

Simone what was the funny bit?? how's that tho disrespecting you in your own home.

Dee I'm so sorry to hear about your nephew, but you are right in keeping the kids away from that sort of situation. I hope you cope with the move alright this weekend and only unpack the essentials until Micheal can help you.

Well DH and I had a fight on Saturday cos I forgot the nappy bag when we went out to the shops and Wyatt decided that this was the time he was going to do a poo, so DH decided that I was an imbicile as he put it, which of course provoked a response from me. We wasted a whole day either not talking to each other or fighting not good, it's funny how when he gets made he says things to hurt me, I don't know if every male does it or weather it's him cause he knows how to push my buttons. Yesterday was all good tho.

Mel you'll have to email a pic of the cake to me, and Chelsea.

Jess are you on any antibiotics? to Tim as well.

Karen I hope Luke is feeling better today.

Hello IK, Bath and Rory.

hugs xoxo

i just put on the end "So thats that LOL." Maybe not funny, but i can look back on it and have a bit of a laugh now. I can imagine what it would've looked like from the sidelines!!
    Last edited by simone; January 15th, 2007 at 05:21 PM.

Simone I like your new ticker saying Single and Strong and that's what you are, let it be water off a ducks back. Take a few deep breaths and you will be fine.

hugs xoxo

Well my slice was not as good as IKs... too crumby not chewy like hers... hmmm...I did use brown sugar instead of raw, maybe this had more of an effect than I expected it would. Perhaps I cooked it a fraction too long (overcompensating for my undone brownies!) the thing is our oven is tricky... it's hotter at the back than at the front so i have to turn it around half way and I think this stuffs me up sometimes. Oh well, I'll just have to make ANOTHER batch! LOL oh and I might add a fraction more dates to make the filling go closer to the edge, and in IK's version it was thicker too, much better... All together it's a very yummy recipe ... I just can't help myself regarding fiddling with the recipe though... oh and I also might add a smidgen of Philly or Mascapone to the icing to make it a tad creamier LOL but then again maybe it's meant to be more of a glaze type icing... oh well a bit of trial and error makes you a smarter cook in the long run I guess.

DH also just sent me an sms love poem (5 stanzas!) that he wrote for me on the train into work this morning! LOL I texted back that "How on earth could you write that after my crabbiness yesterday?" hehe gotta love him.

Amanda I see you're still online... how's your day going darl?
    Simone: I read your "username" thread... hope your meeting today went ok. I was going to recommend that you only speak to your XH with a witness/liason person from now on until everything is completely sorted. Having been a child from a similar relationship as yours (my mother and an evil step father) I know that there's probably some tough times ahead.

Cuppa time...

sorry dont have time for personals i just had to tell 2 kids that they had to leave our house so Nixon could go to sleep! They popped over but wouldn't leave & i was just about to start clening up!

Nixon had a hearing test today, just a follow up because he had a few risk factors (prematurity, time in Nicu, was vetillated, jaundice & dh born with some hearing loss) But she said he did really well. she used a different pitched sound then normal for that test as he wasnt really reacting to it but she wasnt overly concerned. he will probably have anther test in 12months and then again at about 3.5yrs.

Hi guys

Well its my big baby's birthday today. HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHELSEA!!! Thanks girls for you birthday wishes. She is very excited. Took her to McDonalds today with 3 of her friends, they had a ball playing for 3 hours on the equipment. She is just relaxing now watching a DVD.

Jess - bugger about the infection, hope it clears for you soon. HAPPY 6th BIRTHDAY TIM. What a bargain for his present but had to laugh at the postage! Hope it was still cheaper than normal for you.

Nickers - bet you are glad DH is back home. Hope the land hunting went well.

Karen - sorry to hear Luke isn't well, hope he is better today. Definately get some MooGoo - its miracle cream. Two of my GF's are combining their order with me, after seeing how good Marley's head is, they are convinced!

Simone - good luck at the meeting. Just remember to stay calm and focussed. Your mum is probably just excited to be having her daughter and grand kids home again.

Bath - sorry to hear you are having a bad day! Glad to hear the kids have calmed down for you. I think they know when we have off days and try to make it worse LOL!!! Maybe the brown sugar lets off more syrup when cooked? How did the potato salad go? What am extremely sweet thing of DH to do - just creating a poem is good enough, but creating it on the train is even better. Hope that lifted your spirits.

Amanda - sometimes I find it much easier to ignore their crappy comments, but I can understand why you bit back, its not a very nice thing to hear. They are very good at pushing buttons! The cake was great, I did take a picture of Chelsea with it but you may not be able to see it very well. I just did a big square one as I ran out of time but I did cover it in the flowers. I will make the "4" on Saturday. I will try to upload pic or email it to you.

DH has just got back from his bike ride (he goes back to work tomorrow after having 3 weeks off - yeah!!!) and is going to take Chelsea for a swim (she got new bathers for her birthday). Might be time for a coffee!

Hiya Mel and Nic

Nic: Yep I'm sure Nixon's hearing will be fine, he's very responsive isn't he?
    Mel: Had to laugh at : "DH put up her new slide last night and hid it down the side of the house and forgot to shut the gate. She found it this morning and ran in the house screaming that she had found a slide". LOL! so it sounds like she had a lovely day and what a perfect afternoon for a swim. My day's turned out much better... quite serene now infact But I tried to send you an email but it's still not working grrrrr

Off to hang another load...

Well the party is over and now we are relaxing at home in front of our "pool". We go onto Stage 3 restrictions tomorrow so we are making the most of the pool while we can. Its only a little rectangle pool but all of us get in at some time during the day, so it's worth it.
    All except for three kids came to his party and I invited 8, Tim was happy so I wasn't worried.I bought a pinata and filled it with lollies and toys and then I let the kids loose..well it was cool until Kate decided to pull all the strings and it ame crashing down, loolies and toys went EVERYWHERE!!!!!!
    I cheated with the cake though, I bought him a Holden edible decoration ($6 at Coles) and my Aunt made him a nice butter cake to go with it.Well better pop off now, kids want to jump in the pool.... Glad things are better for you Simone.

Hiya Jess, Sounds like Tim's had a lovely day too Did he like his jeep? At least his pinata gave up the goods! Wade's didn't work... even adult men had a hard time bashing it hard enough to break... must get an authentic one like Ik suggested next time!

Niall is out the back having nappy free time...better go scoop that mouthful of grass out of his mouth!

Mel I do usually ignore him when he gets like that, but I'd had enough by the time he called me an imbicile so I let fly, I hate to admit it but it felt good to yell at him, I can tune out to most things but been insulted is not one of them, but like I said it's all good now.

Bath sorry DH came home for lunch so I missed you, glad to hear that you are having a better day today, I'm going to make IK's slice later this week.

Well Cody woke up from his nap this afternoon and he has learnt to blow raspberries, the cheeky little man, I was browsing thru BB and he was in the pram beside me and he just started to do it. I also forgot to say that it's my mum's birthday today as well.

Just got home again - my horse has a message: what drought?? He is plump and has dapples...where is he hiding his stash of food, I wonder? It was lovely, even though the hills are shrouded in smoke, and Oscar was fascinated, as usual
    Oh, and I just spoke to the lovely manager of the cinema in Boronia, who said that if I took Oscar to an early session and I couldn't watch the entire film because of unsettledness, that I could then ask at the office about a refund or a pass to come back again! Mel, the guy's name is Tom (but he said to cite a 'Cynthia' as well), if you ever need to do this and another employee says you can't - he said to say I had spoken to them about it. That sort of an attitude deserves a plug! They are online, for movie times - metroboronia dot com dot au.
    Ok, now, today's posts:
    Amanda - like the others, I can see why you bit back! That comment was totally uncalled for...as if you didn't already know that not bringing a nappy bag wasn't a good idea! DP and I don't really do this to one another, although he'll go as far as to say something like "That was a bit silly, wasn't it?". I think I avoid saying non-constructive things like this because of the way my mum used to react to me when I'd make a mistake (I don't think she'd do it now, but when we were kids she didn't show much restraint), and also, what's the point? Does it even make the mutterer feel any better having said it? Cos it sure as hell doesn't do a damn thing to help the situation at hand. Anyway, I don't think your letting fly at him was totally unjustified (sorry for all the double negatives!), so enjoy it for a bit
    Jess - please drink loads of water tomorrow! It will help with the healing and will keep you cooler and better able to deal with all those kids on school holidays!
    Nic - we all know that Nixon suffers no ill-effects from being a premmie baby! And I'll say it again, I do love how he just entertains himself quietly and serenely!
    Bath - my slice was a fluke, so I wouldn't know how to further advise. I added some currants to my mix, probably why it was a bit thicker. I also don't think the flour I used was wholemeal - I just used what was in the flour tin, as it's not labelled apart from saying 'flour'! I found spreading the base and top quite tedious, even using a wooden spoon. Might make it again and see what happens for a 'take two'. I'm glad you feel more serene, too - I feel quite serene after my horsey time.
    Oscar's awake again...gotta go!

PML I heard Wade calling me from out the back with desperation in his voice... but for the life of me I couldn't see or find him... so I walked up past the BBQ and there he was sitting amongst the agapanthus! When he saw me he said "Mum! mum it's so deep in here!" LOL I pulled him out... bees were feeding from the flowers... that's the last thing he needs, another bee sting.

Hiya IK: hmmm, currants, I like that idea! And yeah i just used plain flour too... i'm gonna send verity down to the IGA and buy some raw sugar and have a Ground Hog Day experience making it again tomorrow! See if I can get it right LOL Oh and I spread the base with a spatula-like knife and a dessert spoon... easier than a wooden one.

uh oh... back in a tic...
    Last edited by Bathsheba; January 15th, 2007 at 07:43 PM. Reason: the usual: pathetic spelling!

Hey, had a call from my sister this arvo all excited! She sent kelly through some pics and her details re that advertising agency that was looking for a 7-8month old. Anyway the agency rang her this arvo and Alyssa has a photo shoot tomorrow at 10am! If she is succesful the shoot is on Friday or Saturday. Fingers crossed for Alyssa!! I think there are 3 other BB babies that might have gotten a call back so hopefully one of them gets the add.
    Its for a St George bank add and there will be 2 babies in it.

Bath- oh god imagine Wade getting stung again,,,, definatley doesnt need that.

is it just me or is melbourne the hottest state of late?
    just seen the rest of the week is going to be in the mid-high 30's...... Sydney and brissy looked like they are in for some lovely mid-high 20's all week.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast