Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #29

Cee_Cee99 Guest

hi all,

Sim - sorry I've been away but wanted to let you know that I'm sorry your going through a hard time. A few of us here are divorsed (inc me), and it was the best thing we ever did. It is such a hard time, but for me after about 3 or 4 months I realised that it was so much better to be single. Good luck with in, it is a long road, but steps in the right direction will see you through.

IK - when I lived in the US they had a saying "if it is yellow it is mellow, if it is brown flush it down".. So I've been only flushing the brown... I have however been caught out when guests arrive - so you have to remember to flush sometimes!

Hello to everyone else - sorry I'm so tired I can't remember anything else...

So my cousin has 4 month old twins who we visited on Sunday and on Monday they were diagnosed with Chicken Pox... Which probably means Ally has chicken pox.. which probably means the 12 babies at Mum & Bubs Yoga today have chicken pox and the 11 babies who were at mothers group this afternoon now have Chicken Pox.... I've left a message for my doctor to call me to see if I need to contact everyone and a) apologise and b) let them be on the look out for red dots... darn what a pain.

going to look on the internet for more information on the pox!

thanks CC hopefully ally doesnt get chicken pox...

nic - i missed out on the nana's, but got magoes at 69c each, and nectarines $2kg. Anneliese loves both not sure of bananas though!! I could so go some watermelon right now, the one at rory's house was so nice and cool, and im just so hot right now... the onl one wearing anything is Anneliese (and thats only a nappy) as the house is about 35*C+ and very stuffy.

Hey girls, I feel rather guilty as my place is nice and cool (sorry girls!!), I am so glad I forked out money for a big split system air conditioner. Was even thinking of splurging and getting 2 small ones for the kids rooms. Took Chelsea to her immunization and she was such a brave girl. No tears, I think she sucked them in LOL!! The nurse was amazed how good she was, then she went up and said "thank you' when we left which they couldn't stop laughing about. Took her to MIL for a swim, just got home now. Thankfully we still have power but half of Melb has no power and over 1000 sets of traffic lights out too. DH has been asked to work back - one his first day back and in this heat.

IK - I cheated and drove to the clinic - far too hot to walk! Good on you for being water wise. Every little bit helps. We put buckets in the shower, empty the bath with buckets, use the washing machine water and the no flush rule (Chelsea never flushes anyway as she thinks the toilet is too loud!). All of it goes on my lawn out back & pot plants. My back garden is full of very big, drought tolerant plants which is great, water about 1 each fortnight.

Nic - evap cooling really struggles on such hot days like today, thankfully we don't have many of them. Just stay confined to one room, hopefully you are cool enough in there. Or do what Amanda or Karen did last week and sit in the bath with some nice cool water.

CC - Chelsea had chicken pox when she was 2. I don't even know where she got it from as no other kids at kinder had it! Some might be lucky and not get it as I don't think that everyone who had contact with her will automatically get it. The disease is most contagious prior to any spots appearing (usually 10-14 days before you see any spots) and if the spots are weepy. We just had to wash her in Pinetarsol (which stinks!) and stop her scratching, she did have some breathing difficulties at the beginning but that required only cough medicine. It was just frustrating keeping her home for about 2 weeks - she was going nuts!! She was not unwell so it was even more frustrating for her. Good luck, I hope Ally doesn't get it, nor the other kids!

Simone - feel so sorry for you suffering in that hot house - I would be going to the shops and hanging out there for a while, go get the kids an icecream or somthing. Anything to get out of the heat!

Better go make dinner, have no idea when DH is going to be home!

Hey mel - good on chelsea for being so brave!! I dont have the car, i didnt expect it to get this hot and lent it to ryan (he had no other way to get to work and i wasnt getting up early to do it!!) He also has it tomorrow. SIL wants me to go to the pools with her tomorrow, but i told her no, as how am i safely meant to watch 3 children who cant swim?? She doesnt think sometimes...

Thank god i still have power!! I had one bit where i thought we were going to lose it (the lights were struggling for about 1 minute), but its been fine since then.

Made some weird concoction Declan loves - i used the iceblock i usually defrost for allies dinner, and blended them until they were in little bits (still frozen) added some water iceblocks and whizzed them up too, then added some milk. gave some to declan and making the rest into ice cream. Made a mango and plum one, strange tasting, but im going to do it with strawberries when i can get to the shops...

Cee_Cee99 Guest

Mel: Chelsea sounds like a real darling.. thanks for the info on the pox... Ally feels a little hot today, but maybe just the heat? We are going to get air cond this summer... Just need to go and choose the system then get it approved by Body Corporate, then get it installed, so it could take a while.....

Sim: agree that it would be way to dangerous at the pool with three... My cousin was at a pool on the weekend and a 18 month old was found floating face down, not breathing, luckily a doctor was there, who revived the child and the lifeguard got a call from the Hospital and told all the other people at the pool that it was going to be allright.. But her two little boys were very upset.. She said that so many people were crying and stuff... she seems quiet upset too (who wouldn't)!

would have loved to got real aircon b ut only had enough money for evap at the time. its definatley better then not having it but yeah on such a hot day ti struggles and only brings temp down about 10degrees.

so inside is still 28. Nixon had a nice cool long bath and been just in a nappy all arvo.
    CC- oh that would have been terrible seeing the baby in the water and being revived, how quickly it can happen too, glad she heard she is going to be ok.

heaps of melb have no power, luckily we are not one of them. lucky simone it didnt go out.

Simone - it would be madness trying to watch the kids at the pool tomorrow as they would be packed! Maybe put them in the bath and let them make mess and splash around!!! You could jump in too! So good you didn't lose power, my GF in Wheelers Hill did and she had to go to her mums, she has an 8 week old DS who she was worried about in the heat and her house has heaps of glass, so gets super hot without air con. Love my air con!!! Your concoction sounds good.

Nic - anything that will cool you is better than nothing. I gave Marley heaps of nudie time today but she rolled over twice and went from the rug to the tiles and banged her head so she was not happy! Its the first time she has ever rolled more than once - have to watch her now.

CC - fingers crossed Ally misses the chicken pox. Air con is fabulous but we only have it in our family room/kitchen and our front lounge room which Chelsea uses. Its not that expensive to run either but I am relieved we have it on a day like today. Hope your don't have hassles with the Body Corporate - they can be buggers sometimes.

DH got home about 7.30 and was so hot he wanted to go straight to his mums for a swim. Chelsea had to go too, of course! They aren't back yet so they must be having fun. I was going to go with them but Marley was getting cranky and wanted to go to bed. I just have a fan in her room so hopefully she won't be too hot tonight.

I also had to move Chelseas party from Saturday to Sunday! It is going to be 38 on Saturday and just far too hot to have kids running around outside playing games. Sunday is going to 24 with thunderstorms (supposidley) which is a better option. I have done the ring around tonight and left messages with people, hopefully they can all make it - bloody weather!!!

My power went out at about 7, so I packed my pre-purchased chicken (what foresight!), my pre-prepared couscous, tomatoes and watermelon and headed to the firestation...good call! By the time I got home, at 9, all power back on, all is well and I'm sinking a beer.
    DP is in Vic, they got flown back from the ACT and they have no power. He got to chat to the Chairman, though, as well as some other movers and groovers. I'll see him tomorrow!
    Oscar's nude and has had some laundry tin time...

ive had a couple of wines tonight, quenching my thirst!
    Nixon seemed to like lying to our tiles today cause they were cooler, luckily no bangs on the head but he has finally after an hour gone off to sleep. i think the heat has just thrown him, but i tell u what getting sick of him rolling in his cot then carrying on the be turned over!
    he started trying to get up all on 4's today... ofcourse i think he is a while off mastering it but he has gone to that next step of wanting to try and get somewhere from just laying there like a slug!
    anyway this room is still too hot so going to shut it off and go watch tv. dh watching kickboxing these guys are crazy...

OMG im dying, its 2240, and its still 35 degrees... i opened the house up thinking it was cooler, and its not, just muggy. Apparently theres a thunderstorm heading in, with a chance of localised flooding, and going to be 37 and muggy tomorrow... yuk!!

Mel - i would love to jump in a cold bath with the kids (they had 5 today, plus a 5 min run under the sprinklers this evening (about 8.30) before bed, but i would get my cast wet I'm going to ring the fracture clinic tomorrow morn, i was meant to get a call back from them, but have heard nothing yet!!

Nic - yay for Nixon!! He's such a clever little man, cant wait to see him crawling next time!

I ran around and did a clean up before (still have a sink full of dishes though!!) but my lounge is perfect

Pizza for dinner here, made Ryan go out and get it. i couldnt be bothered getting off the couch!!

IK - glad you got your power back on. Hope Oscar enjoyed his time in the laundry tin LOL!!

Nic - PML at the comment "wanting to try and get somewhere from just laying there like a slug!" Marley rolls over, then flays her arms around and lifts her legs like she is skydiving, then cracks the sads cause she can't roll back. The rolling in the cot drives me nuts too. She is never where I put her down and I'd love to know how she turns around and facing the otherway. They pick up on the crawling thing pretty quickly so he might be scooting around sooner than you think. Thats when the fun starts - you leave them for a second and then you can't find them LOL!!!

Simone - it would be good to get your cast off soon. The kids must be super clean after their 5 baths LOL!!! I still have the air con on and DH and I went outside for our coffee and it was not too bad, still hot but the wind was slightly cooler. Not sure if I want to turn air con off tonight but DH says we should.

Sleep well everyone.

Nic - mel's right, they'll disappear right before your eyes - you'll need to put a bell around their neck like i do my cat hehehe

Hi girls- I hope all is well with everyone, and you Melb girls are not suffering too much with the heat. The weather here in perth has been all over the place, one day its hot the next it is overcast, I kinda wish it owuld just make up its mind.

Cee-cee: I have my fingers crossed that Ally doesnt have chicken pox, this is really not the weather to have something like that. OMG about tht 18 month old in the pool, that is terrible, what a close call.

Nic- Tori used to roll over in her cot and get stuck and start whinging to be turned back, but now she crawls all around in there, she never goes to sleep in the spot she is put down, and if you put her int here and she doesnt want to sleep she crawls to the end and peers out down the hallway as if to say- where is everyone and why am I in here all alone- its really cute.

Mel- I hope Chelsea had a great birthday, and good call on moving the party- it will be much more enjoyable for all concerned if it is a bit cooler

IK- I agree about the recycled water being a good thing, my dad does water treatment for a living and he was saying that the recycled water will end up being cleaner that what we are drinking already, plus once it is recycled it will get pumped back into the dams to mix with the other water. We are trying to do our bit for savign water, we always use the baby bath water to water the garden, and I think we might start using a bucket in the shower too because it takes ages to get the water the right temp.

Bath- Good call on the shelving, that would have been something I would never have thought about. Wardrobes can be quite dangerous too, when my mum was little she was playing hide and seek with her sisters and hide in the wardrobe and it fell down onto its doors and she got stuck, her dad had to life the whole thing up so she could get out.

Simone- a Good tip someone gave me once was if you are having trouble sleeping, get up and write down everything in your head so that you know that you have acknowledged it, and will remember it all to deal with at a more appropriate time.

Well it is has been a huge couple of days here, I worked yesterday and today doing 7am starts which was a real shock tothe system. DH has been great though, he has gotten upin the night to Tori every night for a week, and it has been wonderful to spend full nights in bed. DH had to pop into work today because there was a break down and i was at work too, my mum and dad are away and our back up baby sitter was away too so Tori went and spent a few hours with my brother and niece, she had a pretty good time but was happy to see her dad when he went to get her.
    We are going to check out a couple of daycares this week, becase I havent gotten a job and i am going to be relief teaching, I am going to need to make myself available to work- we are only going to put her in one day a week, and DH is home one day, and mum is around a couple of days a week- by doing this I am increasing my opportunities to work, I only want to work 2 days a week so hopefully it will all sort itself out.
    Anyway off to bed to read,not tired tonight, Tori and i had a 2 hour nap this arvo.

Ali - thats a really good idea, thanks i have to buy a new diary when finances allow (not going to get much money from centrelink for a while, for being on my own, so have to be really strict on myself for a bit) but i used to do something like that - i loved my journals. Whenever i had something on my mind, i would just ramble on and on until it was out of my system, then i could forget about it.

The hardest thing for me atm is i know i still love XH sooo much, but i know its not going to work out in the long term and i want to end it now so i can get on with my life. Im only 22, alot of people dont marry and have children for years, so i have had the children, now i can focus on bringing them up and getting a good job to provide for them. I feel so lonely though, Xh has been making plans to go out with the boys from work to poker nights and such, and hasnt even consulted me as to when he's like to look after the kids - i havent even been able to pee on my own since he left on sunday. Maybe he might realise that i need a hand. I did bring it on myself though, its my decision and i have to live with it and all the stress it bring now...

Sorry to blabber on...

Morning all - I was at work yesterday and busy as hell on Monday. Of all the days to start work I pick the one with the train shut-downs!! I caught a not too busy (but freakin hot) tram home and DH got me from the tram stop.

Went to bed at 8pm yesterday and the bag of rats was up all night with the heat so I am pretty sleepy today...and I gotta do more work work! Still, mothers group today so that will be a nice break

before I go here is my list of stuff I am ditching - lemme know if you want something so I can bring it to the next meet up:

1. hand mouli
    2. blue hand knitted jumped with little white snow flakes around bottom - size 14
    3. video of vol 1 of old Battlestar Galactica
    4. video of The Fifth Element
    5. video of directors cut of Blade Runner
    6. hole punch - I'll swap it for the stapler if you want, Bath!!

Good morning... can't quite manage a smile yet... maybe after the storms arrive. I swear the only thing keeping me going is the knowledge that all our credit cards are totally clear and that our frugal lifestyle is going to pay off eventually. Yes, the heat is tough but I keep reminding myself that it's only for a few days each year... not worth forking out hundreds for... a new car is definatley a higher priority and could be achievable this year if I'm disciplined with expenditure. Besides... didn't have a/c in the 50's so I'm determined to find ways to deal with it. My family had ducted a/c when I was a child... we were the only family in our area to have it actually... but when my parent's separated we never had it again and I really suffered from suddenly not having it. The kids are doing very well here, better than I am!... because we have floorboards water and ice is flying everywhere but that's ok... they needed a wash! Interesting how the govt. has asked people to turn off non-essential electrical devices to help the people in black-out areas to regain supply... I went for a walk last night and every 2nd house was humming with an a/c unit... surely it would be comfortable after being on all day? Don't worry Mel I'm not jealous of yours... I accept that everyone has different financial priorites and I'm happy to accept the full ramifications of our decisions... you don't have school fees and if I was you I'd have bought an a/c system too!

We're going into MC today... boredom is the biggest problem here... plus I'd like to have lunch with DH.

SIm: I don't want to sound patronising but your XH needs to get his own car. How he gets to work is his responsibility not yours. I know that it's hard to fall out of love with somebody overnight, but it seems you guys have made a decision so it needs to be carried through properly... not half heartedly becasue before you know it he will work his way back into your life. I want to be supportive of your decision to leave him. But sometimes it's hard... some people think "being supportive" is agreeing with everything they do and say... just applauding every action.... I'm not sure about that. My definition of being supportive is helping the person reach a goal through constructive actions/comments and sometimes this might mean disagreement. He should not have access to your car. Maybe other Junies could sanity check this for me?

what is number one?!

That sucks you got stuck yesterday, i posted in someone else's post in the boohoo (think its rude train passengers or something similar) what happened to XH, and he actually got treatened by people, just for helping a little old lady!! People are idiots...

Bath - i know he needs his own car, but for the moment he needs to get into his own house more (SIL wont let him stay for long, and he has nowhere else to stay after that!) And if he has no way of getting to work, he cant work, which means no money here either... he's on a very small wage as it is. I only use the car on thurs and fri's (if it had air con in it i prolly would've kept it yesterday, but its just too hot to take the kids into that kind of heat, then expect them to sit in a sweltering car...) plus if we share the car, Ryan's also agreed to help with paying for the upkeep - its needs new tyres (they're almost bare, and im not going to have any money to replace them - had all my bills come in yesterday ) and the electrics (mirrors, radio so far) have started dying, so that needs to be looked at, and it needs its yearly service... And he always ptus fuel in it. So it saves me a little money, and i dont use it anyway. If we split easily, then it will make tings easier for us all. We want to keep this friendly for the kids...
    Last edited by simone; January 17th, 2007 at 09:08 AM.

Oh, and i forgot to add that after a late start to solids, Anneliese has taken to them really well!! She is no having 1/2 a weetbix for breakky, 2 cubes of fruit (sometimes with some banana custard mixed in) and a cube or 2 of savoury for dinner!! Little Miss Piggy

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast