Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #29

well ive been cleaning skirting boards/walls/doors all afternoon! Real estate are coming on Monday to take some pics of the house so getting it clean clean clean...
    going to see Tenacious D tonight and neighbour is babysitting for us.

where did u go out to Simone?
    Rory- thanks for the pics!
    Nickel- good to hear from you again, hey dont wory about the fat flabby feeling i feel like that neally every day. i started my diet last week, went so good the 1st week then this week ove just been getting lazier.
    Bath- your cooking sounds yumy i can almost smell it!
    great rain here today, hopefully it helped to dampen some fires.
    ali- its worth paying a little extra if u know Tori is going to be in the best possible care

Nic - i went to a few local bars/pubs, and went to some persons place (friend of a friend of a friend sort of thing KWIM? )

Have fun at Tenacious D, that would be awesome to watch... love 'em

IK - poor little man! Have you tried him on any water? I know he doesn't take to kindly to the bottle, but might be worth a try if he is not interested in feeding. Maybe a cup? You can also rub him over with a luke warm cloth or a bath, but the water has to be tepid, not cold as that can have a bad effect on their blood pressure (my friend is a nurse and I always remember her telling me that). Do you have a fan that you can lay him down and let it blow over him? Its going to be tricky to get a wee sample. Hope he feels better soon - and you too! Its a bit strange that no compulsory amenities fees this year. I will have to remember that when I go back! The list of extras you have to pay for it pretty high, like to apply to graduate, new ID, late enrolment etc. Its a shame really as the fees were not super expensive. Have you investigated childcare there yet. The one on Beddoe Ave looks really nice from the outside and one of our doctors sends her daughter there and has been very happy. Not sure what fees they charge but you would get child care benefit for all 3 centres.

Simone - you'll have to start physio soon and get is strengthened up!

Nic - DH loves Tenacious D (esp Jack Black!), where are they playing? Have a great time.

Its on at Festival Hall. we seen them NYE 2 yrs ago at Luna Park party but it was just the two of them then it was great though, they have a whole band with them this time i think.
    I love jack Black he is a pis#er....

I hope Oscar doesnt have anything serious, like Mel said a damp cloth or fan might help cool him down a little. doesnt help when the weather is hot and muggy. keep an eye on his temp, if it gets past 40 i would be taking him to hospital to be on the safe side.

oh and Happy 7months to Marley, Nathan and Oscar (although he's not too happy atm)
    Last edited by nickers; January 19th, 2007 at 05:39 PM.

Peace descends! DH has taken V&W to a Little Athletics Twilight meet so it's just Niall (who has just gone to sleep) and I

IK: You can get little collection bags for urine samples from the chemist although I'm surpirsed your GP didn't just give you one. It might be a bit easier to collect from a boy as they often show signs of it coming if you let him have nappy free time long enough. Verity had a UTI when she was about this age... babies with it often let out this particular high pitch cry when doing a wee. I knew when Verity was doing a wee even when she had a nappy on because she cried in this particular way... I was alerted and able to make a collection of wee. Otherwise you could sterilze a small tub and hold him over that as he does a wee then pour it into one of those yellow lidded sample jars like they gave us when we were preggers. It will be interesting to see if Oscar breaks out into a rash in about 4 days time. Don't panic if it's just on his torso and the spots are tiny. It's most likely roseola which Niall had a few weeks ago... and once the spots come out they are fine. It must be soooo uncomfortable for him with this humidity And don't be surprised if his temp peaks tonight... it's often the way with fevers and children. Give Nurse-on-call a ring if you get worried. Sometimes illness in babies is just as hard on us poor mums! We worry ourselves sick!

Well interesting news here: I wasn't going to mention this (because my own mother tended to embarrass me when she discussed these things with other people without my permission) but Verity calmly announced she's received her first visit from Aunt Flow a few days ago. She knew the deal.... did an excellent Growth and Development subject at school last term and I've always been open about it with her. When she was about Wade's age and it was just us at home I would sometimes call from the loo and say "Verity! could you get Mummy's bag of things for The Blood". (pads etc that were kept in the bathroom next door). I also only discussed the subject when she asked questions not wanting to push the issue with her... she asked a few more questions the other day but she's very up-to-speed. Thankfully it seemed to be very light for her... she didn't complain of any cramps and has been in a very good mood too! Anyhow, lo-and-behold mine arrived for the first time since having Niall today! I had a bit of a dream run this time... it came back a lot earlier after V&W were born. I didn't feel it coming, no cramps or anything either so let's hope it too is blessedly light! Anyhow, I'm not going to be the kind of Mum who tells all my women friends at playgroup etc. it was all too clear how mortifying that was... my mother also made it sound even worse by her dramatic portrayal of how it arrived on my first day of high school. Thank God history didn't repeat itself with Verity! Anyhow... I must say it's quite an strange thing to get used to...

back in a tic...

Wow, verity is growing up quickly... naughty you for discussing it with us LOL. it also wasnt a taboo subject in our household, we all knew what it why and why it was. Easier then confusing the poor kids!!

Well, just gave Anneliese a bath, dinner (swet tonight, she hates savoury in hot weather) and put her to bed with a bottle - she's holding them up on her own now!! boys just having some quiet time watching a movie while mummy recoups...
    Last edited by simone; January 19th, 2007 at 06:46 PM.

Yes, she is growing up way too quickly... bittersweet. The subject isn't taboo in our family. As with all issues of a private nature we just prefer to err on the side of caution when it comes to discussing each other's personal business with people outside the family. We are very open within our family. You all know how anti-taboo I am and don't shirk away from the hard issues. There is a difference however in blurting it out to the world like my mother did... that destroys trust. Infact because Verity knows how strongly I feel on respecting the dignity of everyone within the family she trusts me with a lot more information than I ever did with my own mother. My mother though it was a huge joke that I was embarrassed to talk about personal issues and would raise the subject deliberately when her friends were over. "Tell them how we went shopping for your first bra the other day!!!" This was her way of teaching me not to be a prude... because that was her agenda, that I not grow up to be a prude. She thought that the way to get me used to discussing sensitive subjects was to make a joke about it... yeah, very funny, ha ha Now all those friends of hers have obviously been embarrassed by her too and she's growing old alone never having had learnt to respect people.

She is a beautiful strong young woman who looks on you as a role model, not shying away fromyou because you might embarass her. You look like you have a really good relationship with her, and that is something you should be extremely proud of. You have brought her up so well.

She's growing up! Well, it IS a milestone You are not only a good role model for her, I aspire to raise my family in many similar ways that you have!
    Thanks for the tips, girls. I have a feeling it may be gastro - I'm upping the hygiene practices around here JIC! His poos have been a little on the green side and he is throwing back up everything I feed him (well, 2 out of 3 feeds get thrown back up). Still, could be something else. Bath, we were given a sample container as well as a collection bag and in the end stuck the bag on cos he wasn't peeing for nobody the whole time I was on the floor with him - that's why I was wondering how we were going to get the sample! He'll probably have to give another sample if this one comes up positive. He even put himself to sleep in the portacot earlier - that's not his usual self at all. Also, before I read your post, Mel, we had put him in the laundry tin and DP had it cold, so I added warm water to take the chill off it...stopped the whingeing straight away. Good thing, too, since you alerted me to the blood pressure thing. And DP gave him some sips of water in an Avent sippy cup we have. Thanks, Nic, if I have to drive him on my own to the hospital then I will, if his temp hits 40 - I won't be talked out of it and told to take a chill pill! I have Nurse On Call number on the fridge. I hope his fever breaks before tomorrow's heat.
    At least I now have aircon in the car, so if I have to I'll conjure up a destination to drive to for cooling purposes. Oh, the auto elec's young offsider messed up and didn't tell him about the demister or boot release (he'll get his arse kicked, I could tell!), so I'll take it next week to get looked at.
    Happy 7 months for Nathan and Marley! I keep remembering, forgetting, remembering, forgetting...so now I've been reminded!
    Nic - when you talk about all the cleaning and organising, it makes it seem so real - which is silly, cos it IS real that you're moving! Have a good night tonight, too
    Mel - I never got a response from the Caulfield childcare when I emailed them about the two Fridays I had chosen for my weekend school, so I may just leave this mite with DP. For other uni visits I will venture to leave him with my dad or DP's mum or one of various keen brigade partners! I just would like to have him with me. In fact, if I'm just photocopying, borrowing books or using SPSS at uni (might have to buy the Windows platform software for Mac so that I can buy SPSS for windows, cos SPSS for Mac is upwards of $800!!), then I can probably bring him with me and use the sling. Then I would HAVE to take regular breaks of fresh air for my brain and for Oscar's sake. It is just too weird that our amenities fee has been taken from us. Young Libs might think this is great...but wait till they realise where else they'll be paying for things...and more than just once a year! d*ckheads.
    Simone - glad you had a rager last night! Must have allowed you to let off some steam
    Rory - they are great photos, I'll upload mine shortly (if the hobbit stays asleep). Thus far he has been asleep for nearly 40 mins...DP and I sort of took the opportunity to ummm...with the curtains open...a bit naughty, but I like to feel a little naughty, that works for me

IK - i hope oscar gets better soon, i've taken Declan in before with a temp of 40.6 and they told me it was nothing, mademe wait hours to see a dr (never got to see one in the end!!) so stand your ground and make yourself heard! At least the temp is now only meant to be 32, not to initial 40 mark we were terrified of all week...

you exhibitionist you IK LOL

Happy 7 mths to Nathan & Oscar. Sorry if I don't remember all the other bubbas, I have trouble remembering my own. Thanks Nic for the reminder. I seriously didn't even twig about it being the 19th!

Nic - make sure you tell us all about it. What a great night to be out in St Kilda, hopefully a nice walk along the beach or a yummy dessert and coffee at one of the cafes.

Bath - what a big milestone in Verity's life and thank you for sharing it with us. It is so wonderful that she can talk to you so freely and not be stressed out about this monumentous event. I certainly hope that I can have the same effect on my girls and that they can be free to discuss any issue with me. Might be calling on you in about 7-8 years time (hopefully we are all still in touch) to get some advice, maybe you could run a parenting hotline we can call? Like IK says "You are not only a good role model for her, I aspire to raise my family in many similar ways that you have" - I think you are a good role model for us! My mother was a shocking mother and I really hope that none of her traits are passed on to me. I think thats why I was sent girls, to test me out LOL!! Enjoy the serenity of a quiet night.

IK - you are doing everything you can for him. Just keep up the fluids and the panadol every 4 hours. Wonder if it could be gastro? Is your campus Caulfield or Clayton? Didn't even realise they had one at Caulfield. When did you email them as I am sure they would have closed for an extended period over xmas/new year. I am sure they wouldn't care if you took Oscar in. A few of our RA's have young children and most work from home but sometimes need to come in to meet with their boss and bring the bubbas in. We all love it and sometimes they leave them with us. We are a much friendlier mob than they are at Caulfield or Clayton! You could check with Alex who is the School IT Manager about SPSS as new licenses came in at the end of last year. He could guide you and answer any questions. Go you naughty girl LOL!!!!!

Happy 7 months to Nathan, Marley & Oscar!!

and bath, i didnt offend you at all did i?? i just read through my posts and through yours, and thought that i might have... i so didnt mean to if i did, im really sorry...

Well, this is my last night online, i have posted in the boohoo about it. I'm going to be so alone, with no-one to speak to... hopefully i'll be able to afford a cheap computer and maybe fork out for some dial up, and then i may be able to get online again...

Simone - I read your post and I wouldn't be handing anything over! If you and XH are divorcing, then the computer would need to be considered in the division of assets. If FIL was stupid enough to put someone elses name on the paperwork, then thats his problem. You can't give someone something, then change your mind and take it away. I wouldn't think he would have the right to do that legally. I would ask them to wait on taking it away until you find out your legal rights. Call Legal Aid on Monday as you need to get legal advice with your divorce. If you think XH will hassle you on behalf of FIL, remind him that you can contact centrelink about maintenance payments! If he is working for cash only, you can also get him in trouble for that! You need to stand up to them and make them realise you are not going to be a push over anymore. Get on the centrelink website and arm yourself with information - knowledge can be a good weapon! We don't want to see you offline - STAND STRONG AND FIGHT!

XH says he's taking the computer when he moves into a place, and it looks like he'll be moving in with his.... dad. So they win. Once again i lose. XH is paying child support, but i gently reminded him to tell his dad not to screw with me... the IRS would LOVE to hear about his dad running a business without paying tax for near on um... 10 years?! He doesnt work for cash only, he runs his whole BUSINESS cash only!!

If FIL is so good at flashing his money around, why doesn't he just by XH another computer and leave yours. Did you say the computer was in your name or XH name or both? Just because XH is moving in with him, doesn't automatically give him the right to the computer. They seem to enjoy being bullies!

the computer is in XH name, even though we were both working on the business.

i should go to bed, have to get up early and go to glen waverly tomorrow... have to be there at 8.30am :eek:!!!

Roryrory - did you give him grown up yoghurt? maybe try the baby yoghurt which is supposed to be gentler o their tummies etc. Unless you think he is lactose intolerant.

I keep forgetting that some of you guys read my blog! I think it's as boring as batpoo, but thanx for kind comments!

Oscar is turning a corner And I made another slice...we'll see how my success rate goes!
    Night all...

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast