Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #29

Hey IK - Haven't read all the posts yet - just saw you were in online now.
    ETA:
    IK - thanx for kind comments.

BTW nice to see you back in CC.

Sorry I haven't been able to stay in and keep up with all you prolific posters! I only got half way thru page 3, and gave up so sorry for not many personals - it's a bit hard to catch up. This is my BIG week, ie. 3 days work. Last day tomorrow, then 2 days next week. We went to teh beach today, and Giorgia got a bit burnt (not at all bad) Ruby was fine, but me! Mate, it's always that way, they were all creamed up, fed, watered, but when we got home I was starving, dehydrated and sunburnt and of course very cranky!

I'm a bit down at the mo, DH and I having some issues that have been going on for a very long time that are very frustrating, and I'm feeling so fat and flabby and revolting. SOO glad Giorgia is back daycare and I'm back at work, even part-time, she has been wearing me out as I'm so irritable at the moment. she is wearing a lot of it, which is really terrible.

Love My Girls
    I'm always dragging Ruby in/out in/out of the car. She has learnt to powernap whenever she can! How did the 4yo immu go? That was seriously one of the worst experiences of my life, it's so easy to immu a little baby, and comfort them after, Giorgia still talks about how she likes the dr, but doesn't like sharp things. We are still to go back and get the chicken pox that we have paid for as we had to stop at two needles! We were both crying. ETA : Giorgia said thank-you too! and "I'm sorry I think I need to go home now" Talk about polite kids!
    Also check out a picture on my blog of Ruby after rolling around in her cot - soo funny. Legs sticking out and fast asleep.

BATH - HANG IN THERE with the frugal thing. But enjoy your life while you are doing it. My Dh was handed a big wad of cash for a (rather belated) christmas bonus - so feeling very grateful, although most will just go on the credit card bill. BTW I'm exploring the art of home foils/streaks as it's getting way too expensive at the hairdressers. My friend and I have each had our hair done so many times we decided to do each other's hair with those loreal multitonal kits. I even got complemented on mine!!

NICKERS - I have done similar things to missing a massage etc. so many times. No offence, but I'm glad I'm not the only one. At least they let you rebook it!! Write it on your bathroom mirror so you don't forget again. (in whiteboard marker so it will come off )
    Last edited by nickel; January 18th, 2007 at 10:31 PM. Reason: trying to wade thru all the posts!

Is it really friday tomorrow? I think I blinked and missed the week!

I think we can take a great lesson from both Jess's, that everyone of us in life is different, all faced with our own unique challenges. Just think how bored we would be if we came to this thread and everyone had the same story to tell- the reason this has become such a safe place for us all is that we have found a group of understanding and compassionate people to share our stories with, not a group who tell us what they think we want to hear, but tell us the truth and it is great. Jess I think you are a remarkable woman with a wonderful family, enjoy your night out, i hope you have a fantastic time.

Cee-Cee: I am glad you have found some comfort in the girls in the July thread, I am glad that you have found some babies with some things in common to Ally. Believe me though when she starts to do things they will just come in a rush.

Simone: Glad to hear that you are cast free, take it easy on that wrist though it still needs time to heal and get strong again.

We went looking at Day Cares today, the first one we went to I wouldnt even get out of the car and look inside, the outside just looked so run down and un cared for that I though I couldnt send Tori there and feel Ok about it, I told DH that I had to go with my gut instinct, and my first reaction- and I just didnt want her going there. The second one we went to was just wonderful, a fantastic clean, bright inviting atmosphere- really nice staff, modern facilities- it was awesome, so I am probably going to go ahead and book her into there 1 day a week. It was one of the slightly more exspensive centres, but I just felt comfortable there, and when it comes down to leaving my child I think that is the most important thing.
    Tori has been really out of sorts today, I think she might be teething- she has hardly slept all day, and just been more clingy than usual. We are having a day at home tomorrow so that she can just relax, she can nap when she is ready, and there will be no in and out of the car.
    Anyway I am off to make a banana and mango smoothy and then I am off to bed!

Missed you, Nickel I'm heading off to bed now. Tell us what you've been up to, what your musings have been!
    Tomorrow I'm up early to doll myself up, doll Oscar up and clean the car out a bit. Dolling up for these Pixie photos - they're free, or I wouldn't go near a Pixie studio! Cleaning the car for when I leave it in to get the aircon done (it's a pigstye and I think they might need the room in there to get to the bits and pieces. Then off to Cranbourne to celebrate GFIL's birthday...95 years and still going strong! We'll be at a pub. This time last year we were reeling from a funeral and about to head into a fire season...hmmm, how time marches on.
    Goodnight all!

Hiya Nickel and Ali... I'm off to bed now too *yawn* but good to see you both... will write more personals tomorrow... there's always so much I forget to ask and reply to... but before I go does anyone have copies of the photos of the last Junie's meetup at Rory's place? Nighty nite everyone!

Hi girls - its taken me so long to read through all the posts! I have had tradesman here today putting in a new hot water service (ours blew up!!!) and ringing up people for quotes for a new skylight, security doors, plastering and wardrobes!! I feel like I have had the phone on my ear all day. Marley has had her cranky pants on today too - not sure why. Went to have dinner with a friend who used to be my boss - she has just moved into an apartment in Windsor. It was lovely to have a child free night and enjoy a beautiful meal and a couple of glasses of wine.

CC - don't worry about chatting with the July girls, certainly no offence taken. Marley isn't doing much either (she does sleep through the night, so thats one good thing), no teeth, definately no sitting or crawling and she rolls one way only and can usually not make it back then spends the rest of the time crying cause she can't move. She is also in the 25% percentile but as IK said, its all relative when the get older and if she is happy and healthy, don't worry. They all do things at a different rate but when the get to 2-3 years old, they have all caught up. Please stay in touch with us as we would love to still hear from you.

Simone - great news about the cast and the way you are handling XH - keep up the good work and hope you enjoyed your night out.

Nic - chaddy is a nightmare! I can never find my way around and eventually end up buying things at stores that I have at my local shopping centre. They do have good kids clothes shops though. I got AF back after 8 weeks! 6 weeks with Chelsea. It came back with a vengence too - I get headaches, cramping and its sooooo heavy - i can sympathise with you. Hope it moves on quickly for you.

Jess - You do an amazing job raising a family on $600 a week! You should never worry about what you post - feel free to let it flow! You could probably teach me a thing or two about how to conserve money - I am hopeless! Have a blast at your high school reunion - and stay out really late LOL!!! I have never been to Euroa (or many other places in Victoria actually which is pretty bad)

IK - you have such a lovely way with words - I always enjoy reading your posts. Great news about air con! The pixie photos are good esp when they are free - hope they turn out well and capture Oscar with his cheeky little smile. 95 and still going strong, how awesome - hope he has a lovely birthday.

Nickel - sorry to hear you and DH are having problems. I think we all have fat, flabby days, just ride with them. Our bodies go through so much change after babies and I think its move obvious after subsequent pregnancies! Be proud and beautiful! PML at the photo - reminds me of how Marley sleeps. Sunburn is a bugger - it stings and doesn't cool down for ages. Rubbing tomatoes on it helps, the acid in them helps take away the sting - looks pretty funny too! Love what Giorgia said after her immunisation. Chelsea has no reactions at all, you coudn't even see where they had done it. She told DH that she had 2 "noodles", he could not stop laughing!

Ali - thats great news about the daycare centre. Do they have a place for you? It is so true that you get a gut reaction about the right place. I am sure Tori will love it - playing with lots of other little kids. The banana and mango smoothie sounds really good, I am so damn hot right now. All air con is off and the house is so stuffy.

Bath - extremely well said and I couldn't agree more. I love hearing about everyone elses lives, its interesting and we all do lead very different lives. I wouldn't want any of us to feel we have to censor our posts - its what makes the Junies so special. I promise I wont talk about air con anymore LOL!!

Might think of heading to bed - got to go and get the party stuff tomorrow. Fun, fun, fun!! Night girls.

Not much from me, i didnt get home until 4.30am... Just me and Anneliese home today, i cant stop yawning, and CANNIWAIT until she goes down for her nap... i will be joining her!!

Will catch up on personals a bit when ive caught up on some sleep... im getting too old to stay out all night...

Short one from me - just spent ages putting the pics of our meet on the website and setting a password (will email you all individually)

I am up for a meet in Euroa - never been on a v-line train!

Euroa sounds pretty good, although i would prolly drive out there. A couple of the girls are also looking at doing a meet in Warrnambool, and i've never been down there, so looking at going to that too... 3.5 hours away!!

ali and ceecee, can you pls send me an email with your addys - I couldn't pm you both

Thankyou sooo much Rory for uploading the Meetup pics I've copied some already and will add them to my Junies Album too if that's ok. I'm also going to add a password too to help preserve privacy.

Isn't a gorgeous day! Love the rain.

Niall has just gone down for a nap... so much to do!

LOL at "getting too old for late nights" Simone! Hope you sleep long and deep.

Your night out sounded lovely Mel. Good luck with all the tradesmen and Marley's mood! You are so organised with your personals... 10/10

Ok... chaotic mess in main living area... got to be dealt with before I have any more time on here... will take a few hours... back after lunch!

Bath - When i turned 18, i used to work from 6pm-6am in a bar/nightclub, then have staff drinks, head home, couple of hours nap, up for an early dinner or drinks at the pub and back to work!! (My weekends anyway) weekday were fro spending with friends at the beach, nights at the pub... Now i have one night out a month (*if that) Dont have ANYWHERE NEAR the amount of drinks i used to(last night i had 2 Yellowglen chamagnes, they have a new one called "Bella" its yummy ) And 4 vodkas. Now while i do not feel the affects of those, i am so tired because when i drink, i cant sleep LOL!! so ill be stuffed today... let XH have the car (Before you all tell me off!!) he was going to catch the bus, but it was raining, and the trade off was he had to get up earlier and come around and get the boys dressed and packed for daycare, dropoff and pick up. Which is a pretty big job. And i figure me not using the car is saving fuel! (As XH always put about $5 every time he drives to the station, and it would use less than $1 of fuel...) And i dont mind catching public transport if i only hvae 1 child!!

Thinking of buying a new stroller today, i want a layback one. I already have one, but the wheel fell off and i cannot find it!! Much easier to run around the shops with Anneliese in the HAB, declan in a stroller and xander alongside...

Well, what a longwinded post about nothing!!

Simone: I had a glass of Bella on New Year's Night... I agree, quite yum And a very pretty pink!

Just put attempt number 2 of IK's slice into the oven... added currents... used proper sugar, made a slightly larger quantity of it because the last batch was a fraction too small for my slice tin and I wasn't going to go out and buy another tin. *fingers crossed* Oh and regarding the spreading of that tricky top layer: I cleaned my hands thoroughly and gently used my fingertips to join the dots... much easier... a bit like forming shortbread which is done with finger tips too.

*fingers crossed* for you bath, hopefully it works out this time...

Well, im trying to get up and motivate myself to do the 4 loads of washing sitting on my couch, and the dishes in the sink... but im just knackered. And i have no juice to mix my enliven with, and i cannot stomach it with water

Do you have any tinned fruit? maybe you could wizz it into a smoothie with some ice? I took some too today and I feel so much calmer and productive. I woke up, took one look at the mess and turned to the fridge for my InLiven LOL

ETA: Nickel: Enjoying reading your blog too btw Also... do you need an avatar made for you? I feel like doing another one!

ETA: Mmmm slice turned out much better! We're all having some for afternoon tea... still a little warm but I can tell it'll be more chewy than crumbly when it cools... it's much better for being thicker and the currents are a definate keeper! Oh and I'm changing tack with my kids and their holidays eating habits. They now have 3 meals and 2 snacks per day.... no more of just grazing whenever they feel like it. It was getting way too hard to keep track of how much they were eating and they were FOREVER in the bloody fridge/pantry! And the fridge wa starting to struggle to keep things cold I think. It also was impossible to keep the kitchen tidy and food out all the time is starting to attract ants... and there's this whole set of repercussion of grazing that has now stopped because for once I have implemented some structure. Grazing is good in theory but with kids it just doesn't seem to work.... older ones that is... it's hard to keep 1 and 2 yos into a strict eating routine.

im going to have to find something to take it with. i need my fix LOL.

i have almst nothing in the house, too tied to go shopping

Bath - thanks for my 10/10! I stay up far too late some nights to read them - but I like to keep up to date. Your slice sounds good, will have to whip up a batch myself now. Re the grazing thing, we have strict rules here as Chelsea would eat all day! She can have a mid morning snack and an afternoon snack (usually fruit or rice crackers, but ocassionally and icypole) and definately no eating after 4pm. Since we implemented this rule, she nearly always eats her dinner - before she was just picking at it. I too get sick of shutting the fridge or pantry cupboards - or he telling me "I'm really hungry" after just having something to eat. Very good rules to have. The tradesman have been pretty good. Wardrobe man (Henry) is so lovely, so he has quoted on 2 new wardrobes put he gave me some options for Marley's which I need to talk over with DH but they were fantastic suggestions. Chelsea asked him if he knew the other Henry - Henry the Octopus!!! Skylight man rang back and gave us quotes over the phone, plaster came at 10.30am and will call us back with price and security door man coming next Tuesday. Almost all done. Just have to go to glazier for some new glass near out front door and call the tiler - I want to get all this done before we go away in 6 weeks!

Simone - you party animal and if you are too young to stay out, we must be ready for the retirement home LOL!!!! Hope you can get motivated soon - its so muggy today. How is it without your cast? Did you manage to get something to have with your inliven?

Rory - will go have a look at pics now. Thanks for passing them on.

Had a busy morning. With the party on Sunday, I have been racing around getting supplies. Went to Spotlight to get most of it, still need to get a couple more things which I might do tonight (if my brother can come over and watch the girls) as DH is at work tonight, then tomorrow morning. Still need to buy food and alcohol and start my cake, buy Chelseas dress! Tomorrow is going to be even worse.

No enliven here going to get some stuff for spring rolls for dinner (some great recipes in the recipe section) so will get some juice then. REALLY muggy here,has been raining all day and has recently stopped, about 30 here now My wrist is still quite sore, but only because i have some ligament/cartlidge damage, so just have to take it easy and ease back into using it. Sounds like you got alot accomplished today!!

My poor baby is so hot! We have to somehow procure a urine sample from him to get that tested, to rule out a UTI. Otherwise it's some virus that will run its course and require regular doses of paracetamol to keep his temp down. He is so hot that he often can't keep his feeds down. Most of his feeds come up and they are hot, too. His mouth on my breast is so hot, to match his hands, throat and belly. I'm feeling sorry for us both, so forgive my heaviness of feeling. I've been pouting all day. He hasn't climbed a single piece of furniture today, hasn't giggled or even tried to laugh - but he did manage to crack a smile at some rellies for his great grandfather's 95th birthday lunch. He has been sleeping a lot. He is not very interested in food and that's worrying me a bit because I can just picture him tied to a drip in the hospital! Very melodramatic, I know, but even when he has a cold he can manage a bit of cheer. Woe is me and Oscar
    My car is having its enhancements done (other luxuries, apart from the aircon, are the rear demister that doesn't work and the boot release to be connected because that also never worked!) and should be ready by the end of today.
    Pixie Foto never happened because I took Oscar to the doctor instead (I think DP thought I was overreacting, but it was the 2nd morning he had woken up feeling HOT, not just warm...temp of 38.8), so that will have to wait.
    Might have a nap after paying uni fees - feeling very depleted.
    ETA: Damn VSU! I've just realised that there are no fees payable because some d*ckhead senators thought unis run on fresh air and now, if I want some childcare on campus I will have to pay through the nose instead of just my once off annual payment that subsidises everything! I am so angry and dismayed! You would never think that someone would WANT to pay that amenities fee, but what I wouldn't give to be able to pay that again!
    Last edited by Smoke Jaguar; January 19th, 2007 at 03:40 PM. Reason: Rant against government had to be added

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast