Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #32

I think we all gathered that Nic.
    Well,I have sort of thought about doing a Birth Attendant course, and talking to some ppl. I have come to the conclusion that if I can get the money together I'll do it!

I was thinking the same thing, Jess! I reckon I could be the voice of reason in a tense moment I'd be good at helping the birthing mother stick to her guns with medicos, too! But first, I have a Psych degree to complete...
    really going to bed now.
    Just wanted to say, I really am excited for you Nic I think you're nuts, but only cos it's not something I would be planning for my own immediate horizon, and you wereLOL Being that it IS what you wanted, I couldn't be happier for you! It's great news!

Just a quick one from me to say Yay Nickers Congratulations!!!!

What will the age gap be between bubbas??

Better go - shopping to do!

A Big Congratulations Nickers oh and DH, I supposed he did have a hand in it, lol.

Good morning DH and DD off at Little Athletics Open Day. I was going to go but too tired and the boys aren't well. Wade had a bit of a temp after his needles (the MMR ones he should have had at 1yo) and Niall ALSO had a temp and a runny nose! So between both boys I was up and down again last night like a yo-yo... also we had a very noisey thunderstorm here last night. I heard the rumbling and went outside to bring in washing at 1am... then 5 minutes later I was back in bed, doing a bit of needlework 'cos I couldn't sleep, then a humungeous thunderclap rocked the house... all the lights went out... I grabbed DH's arm... he was asleep beside me and didn't really hear it until I said "sh*t! wake up!" LOL then Verity came running through the house moaning and saying that she was scared so I gave her a hug... then Niall woke up... so I went in to deal with him... I listened out for Wade but thankfully he slept through it... the lights came back on after the thunderclap was over thankfully. If I had been outside when that happened I would have been petrified, maybe hit the deck and started wimpering! So that was my night... *yawn*

s'pose I'd better get dressed.

Ali: did you mean that you did relief work with a young grade? What age/year? I agree, working with little 'uns is physically/emotionally AND mentally exhausting... why teachers of the Early Years get paid less than other teachers I'll never know!

Uh oh... DH and DD back home early... some drama...

Bath- oh either we didnt get the thunderstorm last night or i slept through it! It was a bit wet outside thismorning and thought we must have got a little rain. Thunderstorms scare me to though if i had heard it i would have jumped out of bed!
    Thanks Rory & Dee, slowly its starting to sink in. There will be 18month gap between Nixon and bub. Happy 8months Flynnie!
    Well I don't think I'm nuts... Infact I think Im great! Lots of other parents can do it so i know i can too Im really exciting about extending our family. Dee i think there is 18-19months between Nathan and Melissa isnt there? Are you a nutter too?! od Dee i just realised that your avater you still have a preggie belly??

Aww, Nic, I meant that in a cheeky way, don't take it to mean I was criticising! I think it's great (in fact, I DID say that, too, don't forget!). When one hears news like this you get excited and happy, then naturally think 'what if it were me?' and then that's when I think 'I'd have to be nuts...she must be nuts'! But really I mean for my situation only. That's what my post meant. I would have hoped you'd know where I was coming from by now, we've known each other for over a year now
    Well, Oscar's up. I was hoping for a sleep in, but alas... Also, DP wouldn't let me go straight to sleep last night after Oscar nodded off, IFKWIM (anyone would think WE were TTC! But we're NOT, let's get that straight right now :P), but it would have been nice to fall asleep with Oscar in the crook of my arm, wheezing gently at me.
    Oh, who were the other 'raspberriers' of our babies? Oscar has started this - he was doing it just about all swimming lesson yesterday when we were listening to the teacher and watching the other babies take their turns. I suppose we've also created the situation, as we are both always blowing into his belly, neck, cheek, legs!
    No fair, did I sleep through a thunderstorm? Bath, I think it's great that Verity still comes to you for comfort! I would have been able to at that age, too, but I would have thought to myself that I should just 'suck it up'...silly me, my mum would happily have given me cuddles! (In fact, DP says that my mum and family is not affectionate, but my mum would have been if I had allowed it more - it's only in recent years that I have become a hugger, I wonder why, cos my mum loved to hold us...musing to self here!).
    I felt bad at the party yesterday because I turned around to find that the television was out of whack - Oscar had pulled on some chords and they were trying to get Foxtel back! My GF's mother said it was fine cos Oscar is a kid and her daughter would put toast into the VCR as a kid, so pulling out a chord here and there rates as a very minor offence! Anyone else finding that appliances and electrical equipment are fair game now? The clock radio is fair game every morning, as it sits on the bedhead of the futon. Oh, and the vacuum cleaner...he's worse than a dog (not mine, cos my dog flees the house when the vacumm cleaner goes on, but my other dogs!).
    I had my first 'clamp down' yesterday - the first with this tooth. Felt like the gummy version, but it still copped a yelp and eviction.
    Oh, and I can confirm that Oscar still has no stranger anxiety. He's anybody's, the big tart.
    I got some good ideas for art creativity from my other GF who is very arty and creative. During fine weather next week, Oscar goes into a disposable, I'll get some big piece of paper from the local craft shop, some safe paints, and let him loose outside on it, while I finally get round to painting the wooden shapes I have for him. You girls can steal that one, too Or do you all know about that one, and I'm on the tail end of that one, too??
    And harking back to music experience (thinking of Wade's French music lessons), I might get Oscar an african drum - he loves to bang rhythmically on a bucket with a lid I have here. He already has maraccas and access to a tambourine. He's grabbed at a bamboo flute I sometimes play for him, and bangs the guitar.
    I'm just musing about his development lately (uhhh, could it have anything to do with picking up my Development text book this week??).
    Ok, off again, I'll check in later!

PMSL Nickers, I knnoowwwww, Everytime I jump on, I think, oh I should do an email and get that changed, lol. Ahh I guess subconsciously I'm holding on to my last pregnancy, lol. Nickers I am completely insane, lol, I have five children, lol, Who in their right mind does that to themselves, lol. I had three babies in three and a half years. They drive me completely balmy...... But I love it, think how close they will be later on in life. I prefer 2 years gap but yep there is 19 months between Nathan and Melissa, besides having two babies in nappies, I can't really find a down side, it's a good age gap.

Sounds like your kids will be close, Dee My two cousins are 18 months apart and are perfectly at odds with each other - always at each other's throats and competing with each other, even though they both live in separate countries (complete with verbal barbs not befitting of a brother and sister relationship!), so somewhere along the line, their relationship wasn't fostered as carefully as it could have been (probably because 18 months later my aunt was pregnant for a third time, followed a year and a bit later with the next...at least there was a 5 year gap between the next one, and then a manageable 2 years - I say manageable cos she was just over 40 yo by then, with the first 3 being quite headstrong little people!). So, I don't think close age gap alone will have kids being close, emotionally, to one another. My sister and I are 23 months apart and we only became 'close' about 10 years ago, and I know of others, still, who have big age gaps and are close as all get out. I think people have kids close together just cos they like the idea, rather than predominantly because they want them to be emotionally close.
    Enough musing, more studying and tidying! I'll have to be careful not to spend too much time on here today or nothing will get done - looks like today will hover between wet-weather program and study (it's threatening to rain, so can't take Oscar outside later during a study break!).
    Well, here's to all the nutters who have kids close together :P

CONGRATULATIONS NICKERS!!!!

I cant believe it!! That is such good news, what a great age gap for the kids too!
    Im so happy for you.
    Oh Lachlan is grabbing at his bits all the time!

IK - Like Oscar, Lachlan will go to anybody. I walked into a shop yesterday and he put his arms out to go to the lady behind the counter!! huh, makes me feel real good that does!!

Ali - Good luck with everything, you seem nice and relaxed about the whole thing, like you said, everything happens for a reason!!

Bath - I hope the boys get better soon. Lachlan hasnt been 100% lately, We spent the day on tuesday with a girlfriend of mine and her little girl. She called me on Friday morning to say that her little one had spent the night in hospital with Croup! so now im really worried that hes going to get it!

Well, i found my dress, its lovely, its like a silky slip dress with a silk and beaded overlay which flows really nicely at the bottom, really hard to explain, not your typical wedding dress, not even from a bridal shop, its really me, a bit different but still classic!

Ok girls i need to have a whinge, i mentioned before that lachlan hasnt been well the last couple of days, he has been doing heaps of poos and really runny ones too, he is really sweaty and just whingy. Anyway, i get home from sydney yesterday and DF tells me that he is going to a hotrod show today and then to the local fishing club weigh in! i was so angry, he said to me "well, i want to go and because YOUR at work Lachlan has to come!" I told him to for once in his life put someone else before him, I just think its so unreasonable, he will always put himself and what he wants to do before anything and its really driving me mad. I just dont know what to do, i dont think im being unreasonable asking if he can stay home for one day do you?

We have been really bickering alot lately and its starting to get out of hand, im actually starting to wonder if a wedding is the right thing for us at the moment!!

Hiyah Dee! Thanks mate. Congratulations on finding your dress thats aweomse! 21st Aoril isnt it? That will be my neices 1st bday and possibly when we have a combined 1st yr bday party for her and Nixon. Did DF end up taking Lachlan with him?
    Try not to put extra stress on yourselves and each other, its a very hectic time planning a wedding, esp seings u are probably doing all the organising yourself and in a short period of time. Not that my DH ever read it but i think ive said it b4 i think all couples both should read "men are from mars, woman are from venus"
    I hope you guys can resolve some issues because u dont want to look back and only have bad memories of the days leading to your wedding, u want t think back and smile about how fun it was to organise such a special day!

IK- no offence really taken, probably my over reactive hormones already starting to kick in. I just didnt want to see a positive turned into a negative as I'm still coming to the terms with how busy we make ourselves!
    Seriously since dh and i have been together each year seems to be bigger and bigger.
    The year we got together we moved out together.
    following yr we moved to Melbourne and baught a block of land
    the following year we went on an os trip, and got engaged
    the following year we got married, moved into our new house and got pregnant
    the following year we Had Nixon
    now this yr we are selling, moving back to sydney and having another baby!
    but thats just us we've always been go go go type people and we suit each other becasue of that.

Nixon went back to swimming yesterday, picked back up from where we left off before xmas, he was having lots of fun kicking and spashing mummy in the face.

IK ..Uuuummmmm.....(big long sigh)...??.....Doesn't matter, I hope you had a good day.
    Donna, Men will be men, They are all the same, lol. No I don't think you're being unreasonable. Men as a species are selfish, self centred and inconsiderate of other, unless they are reminded and prompted to act on cue. Even the best of them, (of which DH is a member, lol) sometimes slips into the selfish mode, it's as much apart of their makeup as being thoughtful and compassionate is apart of ours. (PMSL) Marry him and train him well, lol.
    With a new baby, new roles and a wedding to plan it is no wonder you're bickering, it will pass, just pick your battles take a deep breath and sigh at the rest. It will all fall into place.
    Thinking of you babe.
    IK, I would leave a clothy on him and see what kind of design he could create for his nappy. You might be onto something, Arty Clothys by Oscar, aged 7 months, (little giggle)Oowweee with the clampdown. Nathan hasn't done it for a couple of weeks now, finger's crossed he got the memo that I'm not afraid to bring out the bottles, lol. Still B/F strongly here, so happy about that, but am a little worried about doing prac later on in the semester, a whole month He'll be roughly 11 months, I might have to be selfish myself and give him a cup of milk instead. We'll see when the time comes.

Hey Nickers, we posted at the same time roughly, hi.
    Last edited by Coolabahdee; February 11th, 2007 at 05:46 PM. Reason: just saying hi...Hi

Thanks Nic & Dee! I know we will be ok, its just hard trying to understand men sometimes. DF is one of those people who has an opinion on something and if you dont agree then YOU are in the wrong. Its starting to drive me crazy.

Age gaps between kids:My sister and i are exactly two years apart (we have the same birthday) Mum had a miscarriage in between and it took her a few extra months to fall Pg with me so she would have had two babies very close. She said that she would have loved that. Another friend of mine who had her baby one week after i had lachlan is now 2 months pregnant so her two are going to be approx 14months apart!!! Now thats a handful!
    I do believe that if lachlan was a more settled baby i would be thinking about trying myself but at the moment i think its the last thing i will be doing!

Oooh, Dee, my situation is so similar (not sharing a birthday, though, that's really cute!) - my mum lost a baby in between my sister and I, and I believe that she would have lost her sanity that much sooner (LOL!) if she had had that child. Still, it would have been nice to have a brother. There was another after my sister, but that was ectopic, so there was no chance of any others, close or far, after that one. I think it's wise for you to spend time with Lochie, figuring each other out before having another. Re: DF, your relationship gives me weird vibes, to be frank, and that's only based on what you have said on BB, mind you, so don't be too alarmed - only you know what the go is with you two, and you need to act on your instinct about the matter. I'm not going to tell you that it's just the stress that's got you having doubts, because I don't believe it - you shouldn't go into a wedding, which leads to a legal committment, at each other's throats and feeling belittle, devalued, unheard, unvalidated. You've been through heaps with Lochie and are making such great progress...DF should be your cheer squad, but I just keep reading that he thinks he is the hero for 'putting up with it' and that you just need to 'get over it'. You said it yourself, he elevates his own interests over yours, and even Lochie's. I think you've got a lot of thinking to do, and trust me, I really want you to be happy *hugs*. If DF could get over himself, it would bode well for you to be together to raise your boy and have fun doing it It would break my heart if he broke your heart, Dee.
    DP has a rice pudding in the oven...yum! I have resisted buying the tinned variety cos I know how good the real thing tastes and I keep telling myself I'll make it, but I keep forgetting. But I didnt' today. After the power went off (numerous times...underground powerlines would just make too much sense up here in the hills, what a STUPID idea...), I heated up a dinner I had cooked two days ago (on purpose, for today - I'm not usually so well-prepared) on the stove, and asked DP to cook the pudding. He had just said he wanted to cook a dessert and I jumped on it with my request!
    An early night might be in order if the power goes out again, even though we have a kero lamp for light.
    Update: The back room now has visible floor space...I might even be able to study in my study next week...but I won't hold my breath...

Hi all, feeling really down today. DH and I have been fighting heaps - all due to me being such a crazy b!tch - that sounds really defeatest and like I am a brow-beaten housewife but honestly is is true, sadly. Ever realised that your ideal of yourself isn't what you really are? I always wanted to be the one in the relationship who held it together, was the rock, the one who could be silently relied upon. Well it is so the other way around! You'd think I'd be happy to have someone like this but it is hard! I asked him if he would forgive me for being so wrong for all these years, and he said "I forgive you every morning" He's the rock, I'm the flake.

And I am feeling down because I had (and am having) a panic about my milk supply, so much so that I went and bought some sachets of formula and gave Flynn some before bed. He only took about 180mls and had boob for the rest of his feed. He seems to be feeding predominantly at night, which I am resisting because I am tired, and so my supply is low during the day when he is distracted, moving, eating solids or whatever. My MCHN appt is tomorrow so we'll see how his growth is - maybe it is all in my head?

Nickers I am so happy for you - it sounds like you and your DH have got another great 12 months ahead of you. I really love how you are so optimistic about the two of you. Don't get me wrong, I am optimistic about my rship with DH, but it is more because of all the workk he has put in to holding us together than anything on my part. Such a doofus.

Dee, maybe you and your DH caught my moping downer relationship bug Hope you guys can sort it out. My advice is to be strong, turn the other cheek and try and understand his perspective. I hear what IK is saying, but I just wish I had been less antagonistic with my DH many years ago - I've been doing it for so long it is a deeply ingrained habit. Don't let your heart harden.

Better go - wanna hang out washing and shower before it gets too late. See y'all tomorrow

Rory, you might find, when the freshness of this starts to fade, that you are both flakey and rocks at appropriately alternating times I hope so, anyway. I know with DP and I, sometimes I am the leaning post, and sometimes he is (he hates being the leaning post, but sometimes I put him in that position!). Can I suggest asking your health nurse tomorrow if there is another health nurse locally who is a lactation consultant? That way it would be free to see her. Otherwise, I think there are links to LC's here on BB. Otherwise, have a good look around on the ABA website. It's breastfeeding then asn au with the w's, if you want to type it straight in to your browser. I'm actually (happy coincidence!) listening to an ABA podcast, and there is a podcast on supply issues - worth a listen, I think If I could send some of my supply your way, you KNOW I would! God knows I'd love to fit into some of my smaller tops! Just remember that when you supplement, that's the amount you won't produce for Flynn from your boobies.
    Hugs for you, Rory - I hope feel less emotionally volatile tomorrow, after sleeping on it *hugs*

OMG! Nickers! Another bubba already! You ARE keen! congratulations, you fertile woman you!! Must have been finishing up the breastfeeding!!

Ok, gonna try and catch up but you know it might not work. BRB.
    ETA
    RORY -
    you sound ... like you like being in control and organised and you were a career woman - right? Plus the milk situation, being worried about it and all...Your hormones are probably treating you like crap ok? Be nice to yourself - relationships take TWO, including you! My DH is this lovely easy going placid guy, and I tend to be (at times!) this anal, control freak so I sometimes get paranoid that people are whispering behind my back "Oh that poor guy! He's so nice and stuck with that b!tch of a wife" but I can't afford to think like that! But we have other issues anyway! You're unique and you're you, so he's damn lucky! Plus if you are aware that you can be a pain, then you probably aren't nearly as bad as you think you are! The worst people are those who don't know how awful they can be!
    re. BF supply, feed as often as possible - ie. just for comfort if he cries. Drink lots of water and maybe milk? It might be the going back to work that is adjusting your milk supply too. I find after two days at work, I feel a bit "light on" the next day and just feed as much as possible. Maybe give him food instead of a bottle, so he'll get all his milk/liquid needs from you?

oh btw - what was teh group who didn't buy anything again? trying to get into the groove of that.

LMG - probably old news for you by now, but re. Marley's(?) eczema, my friend's little boy who had it so bad he was covered in little scabs where he scratched his head during the night, was totally cleared up once she stopped breastfeeding! I guess whatever she was eating was sending his skin nuts. He looks totally gorgeous now, and is placid ALL the time instead of just 99%. Don't know if that's totally helpful or what?

CeeCee99 - Ruby is really small too (I should weigh her), and not doing much(!) except rolling --> no teeth, no crawling, no clapping. But like Ally, she's cute and smiling and very happy, except when she can't reach something. I keep telling her to crawl and then say to myself 'what am I thinking??!!; - once they start crawling it is the end of continuous conversations, you have to stop every 4 seconds to grab something off them!
    Oh and she talks heaps - just like her mum and sister!
    She can't sit either although is close, and I wonder if it's because her tummy isn't big enough to hold her up??

NICKERS - Boys LOVE Their bits! Just in my experience - of boy babies I mean!! then again, not that different from adults!! It's like when they discover their hand, it's just they discover their pen!s and it's very exciting! I remember my friends' little boy nearly pulling his off he was so pleased with this attachment!!

BATHSHEBA - Ruby is VERY behind in her immunisation, I just ran out of steam! I think we missed 4 months, 6 months and anything else! Last time we went for immunisation it was for Giorgia (4) who cried and cried, and I cried too, so maybe I'm just avoiding it!!

Hello IK! thanx for all your jokes.

ali - I really hope you get the job ali. good luck.

Hello Karen, Amanda, jess, 7th heaven (you are SUCH an inspiration!), Dee, and everyone else. I really am sorry if I've forgotten you, it's just taken me about 45 minutes to catch up!!

Take care everyone, I'm trying to limit my time on the puter at the moment! Wish me luck!
    Last edited by nickel; February 11th, 2007 at 10:18 PM. Reason: to add personals

*Kristee* Guest

Hi girls,

I know i haven't posted in here for a while but i have been following....i am going to make a concious decision to get back in here daily.

Donna have fun organising your wedding....i am getting married in April too, must be a good month. Your dress sounds very similar to mine...i didn't get mine from a proper bridal shop either.
    I totally hear you on starting towonder whether it is the right time to get married because i have noticed DF and i have been bickering a lot lately too, we never used to!

Grabbing bits: Even though Tarleha is female she has started going for the big grope when changing her nappy. She is just self exploring so i don't make a big fuss about it.

Bath hope Wade is feeling better now after his needles. Funny you mentioned temps and runny noses...Today Tarleha has had a temp and a bit of a blocked nose, personally i think she has more teeth coming through too and i don't think that helps.

IK Tarleha is a champion rasberry blower...she will lay there and do it until she is all wet with spit, she has been a rasberry blower for a while now. I get a tad embarrassed when she does it in public though. LOL

Hugs Rory, i am sure you are the rock sometimes too, you just don't see it! Keep your chin up.

baby's sizes: Well Tarleha is very small too! I even get comments along the lines of...well are you sure you are feeding her?? It drives me mad.
    I have a pead appointment on the 19th for a review but he is expecting her to be small as she was to start with.She seems to be happy and keeping up with her milestones and having the wet nappies etc. so inmy opinion i think she is fine just on the petite side. She is only 5.2kg which is only approximately 2kg over her birth weight and she is 7mnths sounds bad when i word it that way.

Oh well i am going to trot off to bed now!! Prob DTD as i am hoping to follow Nickers in her BFP.

Be back tomorrow
    TTFN

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast