Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #33

Nic I hope Nixon gets better really quickly, its not fair when they are unwell and there is nothing we can do for them.

I also took Tori to the Dr. today she has a virus as well and has been really quite clingy (so unusual for her) her temperature has been going up and down all day, and she is off her milk too. The Dr. said same thing as Nic's not muc that can be done just have to let them work it out of their system.

I have been offered 3 days work this week at the school I was at the year before last, it is about an hour from home, but i have decided to do it as the money is good and we could really use it at this time. Tori is going to Daycare again on Weds (even though I am a bit worried, DH has convinced me to giv her time to settle in, plus he is going to finish work early to pick her up) and thurs, fri she is going to My Mum's.

Ali congrats on the job and on your MIL offering to do that with the house, things are looking up for you. Hopefully Tori will be better soon.

Nic Kailen had a gastro bug from Friday and was only getting better by lunch time Saturday, hopefully Nixon's will pass soon as well.

Rory lol I've become a right little housewife in the last few days, I've been baking again today, your dinner and other goodies sound great. I know that each time that I've weaned the boys I always get a pang when you know that your boobs aren't working properly. Don't worry you've done a great job feeding Flynn and you still are doing a great job.

IK wow are you going to have the first Junies bub that will be walking, Cody isn't even crawling yet, ah well I'm enjoying him been slightly immobile.

Dee the weather up here yesterday and even today has been crazy hasn't it.

Mel how sad for that little boys family and how hard for you having to try and explain it to Chelsea.

As for me I think I've got my cooking mojo back, this afternoon I've cooked blueberry muffins, IK's slice, carrot cake and lemon and poppyseed muffins, I feel as if a cloud has been lifted in the last few days, who knows how long it will last. I caught Cody in his cot this afternoon up on his knees now only if he would do it while on the floor too. Better go put the boys to bed.

hugs xoxo

Jaspen - you are right, I'm sure my DH would struggle through somehow! Hope he never has to worry about it, but after I heard about the little boys mother who died (he was from Chelsea's kinder), it got me thinking.

7th - I am sure that uni's sometimes forget about the external students! You must be getting very excited about starting. LOL about the fridge, it's working fine in the hallway but I keep going to the usual spot to get things, its driving me crazy!!!

IK - Oscar is getting far to clever!!! My little munchkin did a few bum lifts tonight with her knees bent, it's a start. I don't mind her not crawling at the mo as there is old tile glue all over the floor and not really a good thing for her to be crawling on!

Nic - poor Nixon. Lets hope the bug passes quickly. Holding his hand to go to sleep, how sweet. Its funny how they let you do things you normally couldn't do if they were well. Lets hope he and you get a good nights sleep tonight and he wakes up happy and smiling (and no spew!)

Rory - we will have to nickname you Martha Stewart LOL!!!! All that baking sounds devine. You'll have to let us know if the convection oven worked without transfering smells. I totally sympathise with you regarding giving formula. My first BF attempt wasn't very successful but I think that was mainly due to ignorance and misinformation. This time around, I was wiser and it worked for a while longer. I was very happy I got a bit further, but I still had the guilts giving her formula. Ultimately I had to do what was best for her too, and her losing weight constantly wasn't a good thing. You have to do whats right for Flynn and if that means a bit of formula, so be it. You have done a remarkable job and still are. Good luck at work tomorrow.

Ali - hope Tori is better soon, it isn't very nice when your baby is sick. Great news about the extra work. Bummer about the long drive, but like you said, the money is good. DH sounds like a wise man - Tori will settle into daycare, it does take a little while for them to become familiar with new surroundings. Try not to worry.

Amanda - everyone sounds like they have the cooking bug! Can you give me some of your mojo LOL!!! I have been a bit uninspired lately - I think the holiday preparation is taking my mind off others things. We should do a recipe swap and everyone give their favourite recipe. I am sure we would end up with some fabulous dishes.

Got to head to Bunnings tomorrow to pick paint colours for the girls rooms. DH has to go and order our tiles and I really need to start organising things to pack. Don't want to leave it all for Saturday.

Heya Karen!
    I hear you re. trying to keep the house clean! I should go and do that now before my DH gets home from his double shift at about 12pm (he's a chef)

Nickers- that's awful re. Nixon, the poor baby. Does he feel hot? It's a very hot night here in Sydney, not sure how it is for you in Melb. Hope he gets a good night sleep and has just picked up a 24 hour bug that is gone by morning! Be thinking of you. (and you're washing!) ETA: sorry just realised you posted this yesterday - how's he doing?

Love My Girls: Yeah was going to ask you re. older childs little bits of toys and things. My daughter has a bit of an odd obsession with doll shoes as in barbie sized, and likes to line them up around the house (she's smart, but weird!!) How do you get the message through to a 4.5 yr old not leave little things lying around? (also question for Bellasmum, and Karen)
    We went swimming this morning too, had to put Giorgia in front of "Barbie as Rapunzel" while Ruby and I had a nap!

Amanda - must have been the night for chicken! we had yummy chicken sandwiches today, and DH has promised to make chicken stock.

Ali25 - yeah the bestest thing about your house arrangement is that you know they won't sell it from under you and you'd have to move. Will you have to move far? How cool for DH to bring up Tori in his family home, he'll get flashbacks! Good for you re. Tori at daycare, Ruby has been going one day a week since she was 4 months old (financial neccessity unfortunately) and she absolutely LOVES it. It's great too that you can have her with your mum on the other two days and they can have a great relationship too.
    OOO i'm so happy re. your house situation!

BATH - and everyone else who hasn't got it - you can pm me? or [email protected]

Again to all with sickly bubs - look after the little munchkins and never hesitate to go to the hospital if you want to, better safe than sorry. It's hard when they are so little and can't talk to you yet.

Rory - didn't mean to judge you as a control freak btw, but anyway as Flylady says babysteps! Sounds like your'e going well.

Bellasmum - how are you "coping" with only 2(?) kids at home now? !

Hello everyone else! can you BELIEVE our bubs are so old already?
    oh and Jaspen! yay- glad you are back!

well about to hit the sack finally. Nixon woke up an hour later, the little sick boy just wanted company. he watched Desperate house wives with me in our bed, then when he got sleepy i put him to bed. Not long after he was upset again so we had a cuddle for a while and back to bed, seems to be staying this time?
    It was actually nice to get a good cuddle from him because he used to always be such a cuddly bub but too wriggly now.

anyway its obviously a bug because now my DH is spewing too... so 2 sick boys to look after and really hoping i dont get it, thats really not what i need at this stage of the pregnancy.
    So im gonna go sleep in the spare bed just in case and told dh to leave me a certain toilet so his germs dont cross my path!

Good night.

oooh Nickers - be careful! wash your hands over and over! I got gastro for a day at about 3 months with ruby and I was terrified it was m/s!! Hope there 's not too much laundry and Nixon (and DH) are better soon.

Good Morning everyone. Nathan was up at the crack of dawn demanding his booby and then his weeties, lol Now he's in his walky scooting around the house following his sisters. So on Sunday he stood but last night he shuffled sideways holding ontothe rail of the cot, I'm like "boy you'd better slow down" I love this age for babies they do something new everyday. I was lucky enough to capture it on film for his daddy.
    Amanda yes the weather is weird lately isn't it. I have loved all the rain we have had, have you got it too? It makes such a refreshing change from living in disgusting dry heat.
    Lol Nickel, I have done the same on more then one occassion. I'm going through the same issue as you with Allanah at the moment. Except it's Bratz and again with the shoes, well feet in my case. It's repetative but I just keep drumming it in to put her toys back in her room and play with them in there. I just keep telling her its danger to leave them out here because Nathan will choke. Just make sure you use positive language and it won't seem like a lecture every five minutes. And lots of praise when she puts it back. Soon it will sink in, lol I hope!!
    Nic I hope Nixon is all better today. Same for Tori Ali. I think Gastro is the worst illness of them all. Hope everyone is recovering. And that's not what they have.
    Ik Yay for Oscar getting up to, very clever, look out there will be no stoping him now, lol.
    Bath I hope your lot are going great guns. How's everyone settling into the school routine again.
    Ali congratulations on the job, that's a great start. Pity about the commute, but the money would make it worth it, yes!?
    Ohh Rory so Flynn is also not well, well hopefully today brings a little more sunshine, well actually it's clouds and rain I'll send you you guys down there. Rain is always good for clearing the air and making everything fresh again. I hope he's better soon.
    Well beter get stuck into the morning routine, looks like I have a cranky girl today, hmmmm might pack her off to Kindy early and pick her up late, lol. To all the girls I haven't done personals too good morning ope you have a lovely day.
    Ohh Rory/Mel Yeah it was a bit of a let down to get out there only to discover half the things cancelled, shuffled, not there yet. Oh well though Getting to know the Uni better. Lol Rory I did the same when I first went to Uni. It always had really good quotes and funnies throughout the diary and made a bit of a light reader, lol. Yeah I loved the "O" Week show bag, lol. They still gove things out apparently It's just that they were very un organised, Neeny, If you here some where was your campus the same. They still have the pool parties and toga parties and free lunches and stuff, but ummm No you'd be correct in saying I wouldn't enjoy those events. Lol as I arrived heaps of 17/18/19 yr old were jumping onto buses all yahooing about where ever they were going. Uni the first time around was heaps of fun, maybe tooo much fun. Now I'm a grown up I guess I have to take it all more seriously, lol. Still the O Week show bag would have been nice. I am a paying member of the guild though $33 to join and they'll send out my Diary and some other stuff he said.
    Last edited by Coolabahdee; February 20th, 2007 at 07:23 AM. Reason: just added stuff

Hi there,

Ali - Great news about the move and the job. Dont worry about tori she will settle in to daycare and its good that DH can leave work early to pick here up. How is Tori going in the night now, i remember a while ago you mentioned that she was waking at about 4.30am and wanting to play?? (i hope that was you!)

Nickers - How is Nixon and DH today? I hope they are feeling better and good idea for you to be sleeping separately!

Amanda - i did that same cooking thing just before i had lachlan. A lot of women do the 'nesting' thing but i did the 'cooking' thing. Its fun. I only like to cook sweet things though. probably so i can eat the mixture as im going!!

Rory - dont feel bad about the BF! Flynn will decide what he wants. sometimes its the baby that decides not us. I know Lachlan was really fussing at about 5 months and i couldnt give him a decent feed, he would only snack and then be hungry again later, my supply would drop and then it would take ages for my let down to happen and it was just a vicious circle. At least now with the formula you have peace of mind and you know that he has a full tummy. Glad he slept a bit better for you too!! 200mls is a big feed, im sure he would have been content after that!!

Dee - I think in the last thread you asked about the wedding preparations? they are going well, i got the dress and the photographer organised, hair and make up organised, invitations almost ready to be sent. One thing i did forget about (a pretty important thing too) is the Celebrant!! OOOps!

anyway as for me, Lachlan is still going without that second feed in the night. He is still having the 10.30 - 11.00pm feed and then goes right through until 6.45 - 7am. He is still waking around the 4 - 5am mark but he will go back to sleep either with the dummy or on his own. the other thing which is quite strange i have noticed that without that second feed in the night he will sleep in longer in the morning!! Strange hey, i thought it would be the other way around! but no, he has gone from waking at about 6am to nearly 7am. Much better for me!!

Big hello to Nickel, IK, Bath, Cee Cee, Mel, Jaspen and anyone else i have forgotten!!

hey all - just a quick note to say I hope all the little ones who haven't been feeling so well are showing signs of improvement today.

Samuel's sending me round the twist with his crying at the moment but here's hoping it's just a stage.

It must be a stage cause Pat is being a clingy bum as well Atm...We went for a drive after we picked Lizzie up and even though P{at was asleep, every 3 mins he was screaming.

Jess - I just wish he was happy enough to sit on my lap occasionally LOL but the only three places he's happy when he's awake at the moment are either a) out and about, b)on my hip while standing up or c) BB feeding - none of which I can do all the time LOL!!!

Well i still have 2 sick boys.
    Nixon's onto day 3 of no solids, he is still not interested in eating, he has had a bit more fluids then yesterday, but also thrown some of it up. I went and bought these hydrolite iceblocks which are suppose to help when they are vomitting/diarohea/not drinking.
    He has had one ice block in portions, cause its hot again i think they are a bit refreshing.
    DH hasnt thrown up all day which is a good sign, but he also hasnt eaten all day.
    Nixon's got Diaorhea now also so hopefully this is the last stage of the bug coming out of his system and we can start to improve tomorrow.
    Unfortunatley for Dh this part may still be to come!

I hope Pat and Sam are just going through stages and their clungyness and crying wont continue.
    Donna- thats great Lachlan is sleeping in longer blocks for you, i hope this time it sticks!
    dee- wow at Nathan, shuffling around standing. u better remind him he is onyl 8months old!

Good afternoon everyone I've just turned on the 'pute for the first time today... been out at PlayGroup then cooled off at the pool. Can't stay... been reading alot of lovely and encouraging emails (except for 2) and now I've got to do dinner. Nickel: your email addy doesn't work. I'm pleasantly surprised to see how busy it's been in here today. Nic: Oh no, I thought Nixon was on the improve last night... hope he's over the worst by now. Everyone else: I'll do more personals later... hope you all have lovely evenings

Hi Bath
    You sound heerier tonight(is that even a word??)
    I spent most of today cruising around town doing errands for my aunts. Pat's first tooth has finally cracked the gum, so thats why he is clingy!
    Ash Wednesday tomorrow and then the last day of grooming before the Canberra Show. 4 of Jaegar's Alpacas are going to be shown on Saturday...hoping for Championship sashes!

Hi everyone, Just a quickie to check on the sick bubba's and DH's Hope they are recovering well.
    Jess Good luck at the show, Hopefully some pretty blue sashes (or whatever colour is first) is all yours.
    Donna, OMG Have you got one now, lol. One of My best mates gets married the week before you so I have been privy to a few items, lol hmmm she tried to show me her dress, I passed on that one, It should be a suprise. She never wears a Dress, I have never seen her wear one and on the very odd occassion she'll wear a skirt but never a dress. They are getting married on the Beach, It should be beautiful. I can't wait I love weddings. Hey does anyone know did Candy (Lil rigger) get married yet??
    Okay catch you all soon
    Dee

Dee (7th) - I keep meaning to ask how you how you have settled in to the new place - not just the house but the area itself. Finding new supermarkets, banks and nifty car parking secrets must be coming along pretty well by now huh? And as for the "disgusting dry heat" I so wish for some! At least your a/c would work properly (phew - it's steamy down here!!)

Jess fingers crossed for the Show! Do you and the kids get to go up?

Bath - jealous about the pool - I was in airconditioning all day, but since it was in the office it wasn't really so enjoyable LOL!

Nickers, sorry DH is sick too. Re: Unfortunatley for Dh this part may still be to come!- hopefully DH can clean his own nappy Poor guy - I had tummy bug when Flynn was about 2 months old - it sucks!

Jaspen, maybe we should send Sam and Flynn to Baby Boot Camp together? Maybe if Pat goes we can get a group discount!!

Dee, I can so now sympathise with the troble you had with Lachlan in the early days - the lack of sleep just kills you! Thumbs up to you for sticking through it all though - I don't know how you managed.....

Nickel - no offence taken! Control freak was my term I think LOL! I am focusing on letting go ATM. I said to DH that I only feel really "secure" and content when "everything" is "done" ("everything" and "done" being moveable feasts depending on my level of paranoia and control freakedness at any given moment LOL) So I am looking forward to the next moment of chaos so that I can just live it and not stress.

Funny thing is I always thought I was easy going!!

Mel, LOL at Martha Stewart! I have actually toyed with the idea of writing a book which is Australian's version of Flylady but I figure I need a couple more kids before I can test my "theories" LOL! Seriously I crack myself up sometimes!!

Amanda, send some of that mojo my way too - maybe we can bounce ideas off each other? Do you cook lunches in advance and stuff like that? Once again, I feel "secure" when I have a lunch stash in the freezer.

Ali - is the work just for this week or ongoing? It must be so hard with Tori being sick to have to leave her, but if you can get to the stage where you trust her carers you will pobably enjoy handing her over when she is clingy and sooky - I know I like leaving Flynn with his dad when he is like that (BAD MOTHER LOL)

ME : well as you and see I am in a good mood. My back isn't as sore as it was, work is going well, Flynn is kind of sleeping more and I had my first nipple nazi (ie: ABA) meeting tonight and they really aren't nazis at all!! Gosh there are some women there who I was in awe of - the things they have had to go through to feed, even if for a short time. I really feel so lucky to have had such a good time with Flynn. I am going to ease off on the comp feeds and cop it sweet with the night feeds for a few more days, and maybe try and express some extra during the day so he can have a late night top up of EBM. Worth a try I guess!

THANKFULLY I am not in the office tomorrow but I have a bit of work to do before mothers group so I might not be in much tomorrow. Have a good night girls, and sleep soundly Junie babies....

What a sticky day!
    I've been baking - one effort is a second attempt...I need to double check my measurements in future! Anyway, have cookies from last night and soda bread is on its way. Might even microwave dry some of it for Oscar, then they will truly be homemade rusks!
    He's been doing more standing solo and working on his balance whilst sitting - two days ago he had no interest in sitting and not moving forward, what's the hurry now?
    Nic - I hope Nixon comes good soon
    Amanda - how's Kailen going?
    Mel - how's the floor going?
    Bath - I wouldn't worry about those emails...good for a chuckle, though, I can imagine! Listening to Dixie Chicks now, some apt songs on there. Also, I keep forgetting to ask you if you know Kavisha Mazzella's work? There is a song of hers that reminds me of you since I met you - Storm About to Happen. I'll see if there's some way I can send it to you, or burn it when I get some blank CD's. Reminds me of how you describe yourself in your younger days! And then there's feisty Verity...!
    Rory - great news about your Booby Club meeting I have never been able to explain it sufficiently, but there's SOMETHING about being with my Booby Friends that gives me the warm and fuzzies, and knowing that I'm in touch with the most up to date information and research. I've actually got some resources from the LRC on the ABA site that I plan to use for one of my assignments this semester. I've recently concluded that the term 'Nipple Nazi's' has been erroneously applied to ABA via some over-zealous maternal and child health nurses' behaviour. I've heard some stories that are really unbecoming of a breastfeeding advocate. The company I was in was linking this behaviour to ABA and I said that the MCH nurses are not the same as ABA people. They were really shocked and it felt good to dispel that myth! I mean, zealotry is contra-indicated in the ABA code of ethics! COE is published on the ABA website, fyi. Anyway, I agree, there are women there who you just want to give a medal to, huh?
    Dee - great news about Lachlan! If anyone needed a break, it was you! I am VERY happy for you, and I've got all my crossables crossed that it continues. You are a very strong person, Dee, you've proven that over and over since Lachlan was born
    Nickel - LOL (with the benefit of hindsight, of course) at the worry about m/s with the gastro!
    Meeting up with some girlies tomorrow at my place, and really looking forward to it.
    Ok, table tidying now, and floor clearing...
    Got a full day tomorrow and the following day looks similar (but I might get to sneak in!), so I might not be on much till next week (we're going away on Friday).
    Cheers, all.

Where you heading to this time hun?
    Rory- We don't get to go this time but come Melb Shw time we'll be full attendants

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast