Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #33

Nickers and Ali how are your bubba's today, better I hope. Nic I hope the dreaded bug didn't catch you.
    Mel how are the reno's going? Must be hard keeping active kids off the new tiles,lol, hope it's all going great.
    Rory, yay for no work today, lol. yeah I here you onthe humidity, lol. My skin is feeling it. I have had fun exploring the area and when I told someone where I lived they said oh near the BI LO, I said noooo, I don't think so, I'll have to go check that, huh, low and behold up over the hill and around the corner is a BILo, newsagent, medical centre, chemist and a little post office and a couple of other shops, I was stoked. Have fun with the "Nipple nazi's", lol. They can be alot of help, lol I have been called that a few times, silly really isn't it.
    Ik Being in a few commitees I'm sure you agree that there are extremists in every group. I have been to a meeting and decided it wasn't for me (found another one though) as the woman was soo anti bottle she had all the new mums tied up in knots with their feeding issues. As you know I am an avid BF and am always happy to offer advice to people if they want it, but I could never tell someone notto use bottles ever, that would be hyprocritical anyway, but some just go over the top, lol. I relate to feeling empowered in your booby group, nothing like being with like minded people to boost the confidence is there?
    Bath yay for the pool. I tried to go on the weekend but didn't get there.
    For anyone who is interested there is a link in the breastfeeding forum about the National Inquiry into breastfeeding they are calling for public submissions by the 28th. It's for anyone who has or is breastfeeding and your experiences good and bad. I'm putting one in as soon as I work out how to open the file, it keeps telling me the file is corupt but I can't fuind a problem with it through virus or diagnostic tools. oh well Might have to do another one. lol.
    I really hope you southern girls get your cool change soon. I woke up to rain this morning, looked outside and lol it was a lone dark grey cloud, huh, funny. but lovely to see everything wet in the mornings. Well better get this day started. Loads to do, floors to clean and kids to get to school/kindy.
    Jess, I thought you were going this time too, well good luck anyway, hows the house hunting going?? Ohhh and I don't think I said congratulations about the Doula course, Congratulations!!

Morning girls. I typed my post last night about midnight, tried to submit but couldn't! The site was down. Tried for a bit longer then gave up! Luckily I copied my post so I wouldn't have to type it again.

So this was typed late last night!

Looks like I have missed a full day again! Every time I went to get on, something else came up. In between trying to pack, picking paint colour, ordering tiles etc, the poor computer didn't get a chance LOL!!!

Nic - hope Nixon is over the worst of it. Poor little man and poor big man (DH!). You have done really well to stear clear of it all. Handy having a spare room and extra toilet. Spray Glen 20 on everything! Kills the germs. We used to do that when I worked at a residential conference centre, wiped phones over with it, door handles etc. Works a treat.

Jaspen - hope Samuel has settled down for you. Its so hard when all they want is to be picked up. Wears you out!

Nickel - the small toys are a pain! Chelsea has lots of hair clips and I have tried to explain but I don't think she really cares. I do what 7th Heaven suggests and hopefully it will sink in! I scour the floor after she leaves just to check. Chelsea has her own lounge room at the front of the house, so all her stuff is there. I try to stop her bringing it into the family room but she still does on occasion. It will be harder once Marley starts crawling.

Rory - look forward to reading your book someday! Sounds like your meeting went well, good to see you got some tips to try. As they say, anything is worth a try. Great news that your back is feeling better. Have fun with mothers group tomorrow.

Dee - sounds like Lachlan has worked out his sleep pattern, thats great news. You must feel human again LOL!!! Wedding preparations sound like they are progressing well - you better book that celebrant.

Bath - good to see you back in. Pool would have been a beautiful place today - it was so muggy! My dad is in Colac and phoned about 10pm to say the storm had just hit there and it was on its way. So far nothing! Where is the rain??????

IK - the homemade rusks are so easy and Marley loves them. She has one every morning after bfast. She gets very annoyed if I don't give her one. Sounds like you have the baking bug too! Floor still looks like a disaster zone, but I keep telling myself that it will look beautiful when we get back. Went down and paid for the tiles today and the tiler starts next Wednesday! Yah!

Jess - go the big blue sash!!!! Hope it goes well for you.

Went to Bunnings this morning with Chelsea to pick paint colours for the girls rooms. Chelsea was no help picking, she was choosing the most awful colours. I have chosen a pale pink called Angora Pink for her walls with a feature wall in Suede effects called Punch Me (strange name!). Marleys room will be a pale green colour called Pixie Patch. Have to ring painter tomorrow as he is starting on Monday. I will be coming home to a new house!!! Had Marleys 8 mth check up, stats are:
    Weight: 7.38 kg (up 565g from 6mth check up)
    Height: 68 cm
    Head: 43.

Her weight has slipped a little but MCHN wasn't too concerned as she said she looks healthy enough and the eczema can have an effect on their weight too. She suggested I could give her an extra top up bottle before bed if she would take it. Will try that. Other than that, she was very pleased with her, esp how good her skin is looking.

Night all!

OMG I have let myself in on all this flylady talk, have meant to ask once before what the hell flylady was and just kept forgetting to post. LOL, IT'S GREAT. I'm just about to go pop on some tinted moisturiser and shoes and I got my kitchen timer out of the toybox, don't ask, Allanah thinks it's her clock, lol. I'm all set to do the crisis clean, somehow appropriate. Just printing the page off now. Thanks for the tip all you gorgeous fly ladies.
    Last edited by Coolabahdee; February 21st, 2007 at 11:01 AM.

Too hot to post, other than to say hello (slow wave)
    Off to watch House - should be doing "work work" but feel like menu planning instead - that one night of baking I did on Monday (?) night has saved me so much hassle these past few days!

BTW - the boy got hit on the head with a maraca today at mothers group - a big 10mo friend did it LOL! Hey sobbed for a full 5mins - over tired I think. Poor Ava (the whacker) she had no idea what was going on, her mum was so upset!

HI Ladies,

Well things are still looking good at the moment, lachlan slept from 7 until 12 last night, had a bottle and then slept until 5.45, put a dummy in and he then slept until 7am!! OOOh i still dont want to get my hopes up but things are so much better.

Im sure i can see a tiny little patch of tooth coming through, i hope it is! Funny though, Lachlan is sooooo unsettled while he is not teething and then just before the teeth come through he starts sleeping! hmmm a little backward.

We went to the Early Childhood Nurse today.
    Weight: 9.2kg
    Length:74cm
    Cant remember the head! ooops. I also left my blue book there too. Im sure she will look after it, she is lovely.

She said she was a bit concerned that he isnt getting enough milk, i cant get him to drink much at all through the day. He was drinking two big bottles through the night but he has dropped that 3am feed (and im not re introducing it!) and now he is having less. He is averaging about 580 - 600mls in 24 hours. She seems to think he needs about 700-800mls. Rory I remember someone told you that 600mls is enough (was that you??)

IK - Thanks, i never thought i was a strong person until i had to go through this, and i know i have done this BY MYSELF I have had very little help from DF so im taking all the credit for this!!

Bath - Hope your doing ok! I miss you around here!!

Mel - Those colours sound great, i especially love 'Punch Me'

Nickers- I hope Nixon is feeling a bit better today. Oh and DH(Cant forget about him now can we!)

Anyway ladies, im off for an early night tonigh. I hope you are all going well!

That is excellent Donna, he'll be sleeping through before you know it. A huge pat on the back for you. Did you find a celebrant? Everything you read is different but some say that 600 to 800 mls of infant formula or 3 to 4 breastfeeds per day is adequate for our babies at this age. Taking into account they have solids as well. I think all babies are diferent and if he looks healthy and is active and gaining weight and growing like a trooper he should be fine. Good luck with the toothy peg. BBL DH is on the phone, actually I'll check in tomorrow gunna go watch House/Heroes and then Medium. Night all.
    Dee

Well I was having a great day until I had to catch the bus home and Wyatt decided that he would throw a tanty in the bus, he screamed the whole way home I tried distracting him and nothing worked and to top things off when I got off the bus some old b*****d, clapped and said thank god as I got off. I was so embarassed, mad and a lot of other things as well.

On to better things as of yesterday Cody is getting up on his knees and rocking, so it won't be long till he is crawling around, boy my little man is growing.

Dee it sounds as if you have finally turned a corner for the better with Lachlan, it's sounds like you are going great guns with him.

Dee 7th lol at putting your mosituriser on and flylading, hopefully this weather will decide what it's doing soon. Will have to orgainise the meet soon, might catch you on MSN.

Everyone else hello, going to watch House now.

hugs xoxo

7th - Flylady was far too much reading for me and I lost patience!! Heroes was a ripper tonight! I love it.

Rory - poor Flynn, hope he doesn't have a big egg on his head. Hide the maracas next time LOL!!!

Dee - looks like Lachlan is a great weight. In comparision Marley is only 7.3 kg! I know girls are generally smaller. She has 3 feeds per day of 210mls. Sometimes she drinks them all, sometimes she doesn't. She also has 3 meals per day and the same story - she is bit fussy with her food, drives me nuts. You should be really proud of how well you have done getting Lachlan settled. Great to hear. I PML when I saw the colour "Punch Me"! Where do they think of these names!!

Amanda - how awful for you. Oldies don't seem to understand kids. Pity you couldn't have slipped him the "finger"! Sounds like Cody is getting clever with his attempts at crawling. They do look funny trying to get the action right. Marley has just started to put the knees up, but thats as far as she goes.

Bath - I read in Melb Child (Feb issue, so a bit late) that they have a Thomas the Tank thing on at Puffing Billy this weekend. Let me know if you don't have a copy and I can give you the details if you are interested. I know how much Wade loves his trains.

On the countdown now, 4 more sleeps till holidays. YAH!!!!

Another sticky one today - looks like more of the same tomorrow! How did we deal with this, this time last year, 5 months preggers?
    Anyway, I've been out and about today after my girlfriends left here and now I'm back after brigade and I'd like to get Oscar to sleep...he's playing, though, so I might be in for a fight with him!
    Dee - absolutely, I AM giving you all the credit, it's all yours And you're right, it's not the same when Bath doesn't post much - a noticeable and regrettable absence IMO, but I know what it's like when real life keeps one away from the 'puter, myself!

Mel - still jealous of the QLD trip...although I've not really spent much time east of Westernport, so I'll enjoy the Sth Gippy coast this weekend, and I can deal with the not camping bit, either. I love camping, but it's nice to not camp and have a weekend away every once in a while. DP wants to leave the dog behind, though, and that feels treacherous to me! I was going to write more (this is becoming repetitive), but I've gone blank because Oscar is squealing his way down the hallway into the open study...and he's got a habit of sucking on paper - of which there is plenty lining the floor in there.
    Ok, better go, sorry to rush again...
    Oh, I remembered one thing - Amanda, what a misery guts...probably doesn't have young family to keep him in touch with his youth, sad git! And Rory, poor Flynny! Do you use Arnica?
    Bye!
    Last edited by Smoke Jaguar; February 21st, 2007 at 10:49 PM. Reason: a bit cut and pasted itself into the wrong bit...I hate laptop trackpads!

Unhappy A final farewell

Hi girls, It has been really lovely to get to know you all, and it is with deep regret that I now say goodbye to you all. It was wrong of me to take issue with IK and Bath so publicly I did have an episode of B!tchiness towards them in Junie's #7 I realize that I am obviously in the wrong and they are truly great people and I am the b!tch. I'm very sorry. Perhaps with me leaving it will encourage the others to post in here again and get this site back to being a happy and joyous place to talk about your babies. If it's okay I may look in from time to time and check on all your beautiful babies and to see how you're all going, but I won't post. No amount of tears or wishes will reverse time and make it all go away. There are three sides to every story. I offered the olive branch and it has been firmly rejected. I feel that the continued snide remarks have also been unnecessary and will probably never end so I have too much dignity to stay where I'm not wanted. We've shared something really amazing and I feel privileged to have shared some of your journey. I feel I have ruined it for you. Again I am deeply sorry. I will miss you all. I am too ashamed to stay.
    Goodbye
    Love Dee

Just letting you know Nixon is still not well. I was getting quiet concerned yesterday when he STILL wasnt eating or keeping fluids down and still had diahreoa. I rung nurses on call which gave me some good tips and concluded he was not extremley dehydrated or anything. He was still very clingy last night not wanting to go to bed on his own, this morning he has had his full bottle which is a start but still has runny nappies.
    Im shortly going to see whether he has his appetite back but taking him back to the docs thismorning just to be sure.
    the heat has definatley not been helping the situation i think we are up to day 8 in a row of above 30 (with 2 of those days hitting 40) tomorrow is meant to be 34....

Donna- As of 10months i weighed Nixon he was 9.9kg & 75cm HC 45.5cm. But i weighed him thismorning and he has lost about 1/2 a kg since Saturday.

amanda- pity u didnt have some smart alec come back comment for that idiot on the bus. he obviously doesnt have children.

Dee- Im sorry that you feel too ashamed to stay, i know you kept your nose out of everything for the majority of conflicts and felt compeled to stand up for fellow cyber friends of recent. you really have been a huge influence to this thread, i love hearing about your family & youv'e always had really helpful advise for us first time mums. I know i will personally miss your posts but definatley stay in contact with you through email and other means.

Good afternoon Junies... I'm a bit upset and annoyed about the prevailing thoughtlessness and just plain b*tchiness in the BB site in general lately. Refer to Kelly's messages in the Announcements section. I just wish that all the members who have issues with BB would leave! it's that easy!

Dee78: Thanks darl, that was very sweet of you to say that
    Amanda: Oh No! I really feel for you after that bus trip I've dealt with that kind of treatment myself... it says more about the sad old man than anything else... his life must be wretched and lonely.
    Nic: Thinking of little Nixon... keep us posted.

Gotta go... Niall needs me.
    Last edited by Bathsheba; February 22nd, 2007 at 11:17 PM. Reason: The ignore function is a much better option.

Well hello Junies!
    I'm going to be quick as Pat is sick....asthma/bronchiolitis!
    I just wanted to say that while Pat is sick, I won't be in here much as I can't handle Pat being sick and the *****iness in here..:'( So if you want to talk to me please email me at [email protected].
    hoping everyone is feeling better soon.

Mel - 3 more sleeps! It will be SO nice to get back to a different house, without having to have been there when all the messy stuff has taken place!
    Dee - most of the babies in my Mothers Group, and also from my ante natal class haven't sprouted teeth yet and Marley isn't threatening teeth soon, either, so don't feel too left out!
    We just got back from a playswim and had a great time - we used our ring and floaties, as well as pool noodles. It topped off a really chilled out, nice day - we spent lunch in a local park with a cool breeze to move the humidity around and I packed a sumptuous picnic!
    CC - how are you going with Ally?
    Amanda - are you dealing with your bus incident ok? That kind of thing would rattle me for a while and I would be going over in my head just what I SHOULD have said to someone like that! It occurred to me today that when people grow up they forget that they started out at babies and kids and really treat them like they are a variation of an annoying pet option for some people. They are little PEOPLE! I always thought I didn't like kids (obviously before I had Oscar!), but thinking about it today (and remembering your post) it wasn't that I didnt' like them, I just thought I couldn't relate to them. Turns out, that is exactly what I have ever done with them! I thought I couldn't because I didn't treat them like other adults around me treated them - I thought about my experiences with kids and realised that I just never condescended to them, and because everyone else around me did, I thought I was doing it wrong and that I didn't have it in me. How's that? I've been doing it right all along! My parents would say 'the more you don't like them, the more you attract them and they want to be with you', which was partly true. What was really happening was that they more I thought I was 'doing it' wrong, the more the kids appreciated it and liked to hang off me! Anyway, that was my epiphany for the day, thanks to your unfortunate experience on the bus. That and I looked around me everywhere I was today and realised that our world is not designed for kids because the 'designers' of things like buildings, shops, furniture, ummm...fire stations (!), just plain forget that we ALL start out as babies and kids and don't accommodate them in 'our' environs unless they are specific child zones (childcare centres, nurseries). Enough musing, my dinner's nearly ready and boyo can't decide if he's asleep or awake!
    Might catch you all tomorrow, otherwise I will be having an enforced break cos I'll be away from the modem. If that's the case, have a great weekend all
    Last edited by Smoke Jaguar; February 22nd, 2007 at 09:19 PM. Reason: just clarifying one thing I wrote, a re-read showed it's ambiguity!

IK it has been playing on my mind what else I could've done to try and keep him quite, I was also a little emotional when tell DH about it, it just annoys me that he made me feel so small and so crappy about myself and made me question myself, ah well another thing to learn from.

Well we've got Kailen's appointment tomrrow at the hospital and then we'll be going to Hervey Bay for the weekend, try and relax and enjoy seeing my mum and dad again. Oh I also forgot to say that I'd lost my mobile and yesterday I noticed my license missing so I went back to ever I thought I may have lost it and to no avail, so will have to go and get another one.

Jess I hope that Patrick picks up soon.

hugs xoxo

Still here - just had my dinner and was looking at Hollywood Rag online...BEST celeb gossip and pics!
    Anyway, Amanda, it doesn't sound like there's that much more you could have done. Please don't think this way anymore, it's not fair that this guy has you feeling that way! Babies cry...doesn't everyone know that? They are not wind-up dolls with an 'off' switch. That this old man couldn't realise that is mean spirited...just MEAN! You didn't 'let' him cry, you didn't make him cry, and you were on a bus...his mean spirit probably wished you'd get off the bus and get on the next one so that HE wouldn't have to listen to it and others would. I hate that you're tying yourself in knots over someone as selfish and mean as that Kids are supposed to bring out the best in people...if that was his 'best', then he can have his applause and the peace he got on the bus when you got off, cos at least you have 4 boys who give you joy every day! You have so much more on him, girly, than he EVER will on you!
    How are you going with that carrier? There's not much you can do to change the way the world integrates, or doesn't, babies and kids, but I find a carrier to be a nice 'stick it up em' when Oscar is content and happy in it and taken to places that kids don't normally go, or for as long (cos I invariably get that 'oh, no, she brought the kid' look or vibe). So, you may not get this old man back, but (and think 'pay it forward' here with me), your conduct with other people, and the way your boys turn out will show people that you have done your bit for us as a society; that is, raised fine human beings who WON'T turn out like that old man! Am I rambling? I just really want you to put this crappy feeling behind you and know that you did NOTHING wrong, and neither did Wyatt :hugs: If this guy saved a town from Japanese bombers, he just negated his service by doing what he did. Does that make sense? Meanwhile, repeat after me (geez, this advice is taking me back to better times, I haven't advised this in ages!)...'bite me'...practice it daily so that it becomes a natural reaction, even if it's just in your head, when someone has a go at you!
    On that note, I'm outta here!

Nic - how is Nixon tonight. Hope the little guy feels better. It sounds as though you have managed to miss the bug. Well done.

IK - 3 more sleeps, yes!!! Is has come up so fast. I still have to rearrange the house ready for the tiler and painter to come. Will leave that for Saturday. Was supposed to go shopping for some holiday clothes with my brothers girlfriend but she had to cancel. Might have to get MIL to look after girls tomorrow night so I can quickly go. Just need to get a few more singlets etc, I am only packing light this time! Last time we went to Noosa, my bag had a big sticker on it saying "Heavy 37kgs"! Better not overload it this time LOL!!! Sounds like you had a wonderful day - picnic in the park sounds beautiful.

Amanda - ditto what IK says. Don't let a silly out coot get you down! He is probably a lonely, grumpy old bugger who has no joy in his life, so makes everyone know about it. We had a similiar problem at the local shopping centre a few months ago, where I was having lunch with a couple of GF's and their kids and the kids where sitting at a table behind him, laughing and playing. He yelled out to us to get them to shut up, he shook his head and carried on. We moved the kids away from him and anytime they went near him he cursed. When we were ready to leave, he made a comment again and my GF said 'back off, they're just kids", he said something back and she was ready to walk up and have it out with him. We convinced her to leave it. Let him be a miserable *****!!! Kids have tantrums, thats a fact of life. Don't let it worry you anymore. Bummer about the licence! Good luck with Kailen tomorrow, make sure you let us know how you go.

Jess - poor Pat, hope he gets better soon.

Hi to everyone else.

Good afternoon

Mel: Hope you get to do your holiday clothes shopping tonight. 37kgs for a trip to Noosa! LOL Surely all you'd need was a toothbrush and a bikini? I travelled to Europe in 2001 without exceeding 22kgs... I started out with 18kgs. It was a month long tour. We have 3 pieces in our suitcase set: I call them Baby Bear, Mama Bear and Papa Bear... I took Mama Bear and she was almost full to the brim when I returned. Good time of the year to buy bargain summer clothing.

IK: I can't imagine you absorbed by celebrity goss... I bet, like me, you only read it to 'analyse' their behaviour How about Britney Spear's shaved head! LOL

Amanda: Ditto IK. Remember when I was pregnant with Niall some crazy woman verbally attacked me on a train because Wade was squealing and I came in here to have a bit of a cry? I really know how hurt you must have been. All you can do is just accept that there are people like that in the world and like IK said, let it motivate you to raise your children to have more empathy for parents with upset children in public.

Jess: Hope Pat is feeling better and his breathing is easier. It must be very stressful for you.

Rory: a certain Hire-A-Hubbie's ears must have been burning today!!! He turned up and fixed the gate within half an hour of speaking to you!

Better go make some kind of effort in the kitchen regarding tea... looking forward to the cooler weather this weekend. Going to enjoy some time in the garden. Hope everyone has a good one !

ETA: High drama here ATM: DH has just arrived home with a bag of cast-off's from one of the women at his work... size 8 (fits Verity)... amazing brands: Sass&Bide, Kookai, Cue, Review etc. The woman has no children, a lot of disposable income and pretty good taste... hmmmm, some nice stuff... wonder if I could lose a bit more weight? hehe

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast