Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #33

Ah Jess, where would men be without us??
    Im glad Pat is feeling a bit better, poor thing!

i did have a little snooze on the desk! I woke up a bit more re freshed.

Im starting to get a bit frustrated with lachlan only drinking his bottles in the night though, i have had to start giving him a second feed again now and he still wont drink it in the day!!

Lachlan has a cold today, we didnt go to playgroup, he really isnt well, hope it clears up soon!

I'm back from my 'long weekend' - what BLISS it was down there near the Prom! Met some great new people and got to know others better (a few families go to the same house every year, same time of year, and we were invited by one of them, as well as knowing one of the others through this first family, and a couple of others were first timers, too). Much musing, discussion and merriment was had by all. What a recharge!
    Mel - have you managed to log on yet? Hope not, stay away from all reminders of real life until you get back!
    Donna - I hope Lachlan stars to play ball soon
    Jess - glad Patrick is on the improve.
    Nickel - that is awesome that you are gunning for being a counsellor! So glad that you got a second pick at the cherry with BFing Ruby
    Bath - I don't think I can forget your story about having Wade crying on the train whilst pg! I had that in mind reading about Amanda's bus trip, and I can well imagine that it would put a major dent in your day to realise that people CAN be miserable and try to get others to wear their misery - poo to them!
    Oscar had a great time at the beach and ate plenty of sand whilst being entertained by little girls while the adults played bocce on the beach. My GF gave me a set as a present, so there'll be bocce playing on our lawn out the back from here on in!
    Well, glad to see everyone made it through another weekend - I have to have a shower and get rid of beach hair stickiness. Back at school, too, so I'll be lurking whilst reading text books!
    Have a lovely Monday night

Good evening

DH will be late home tonight because he's printing piccys off for Verity's homework, hmmm, this isn't going to become a regular thing: she'll just have to use the school printers I think despite her claims that the quality isn't as good as DH's work printers. The way she goes through ink here at home there is no way I'm going to try to keep up with her "needs". Oooh bad mummy... but honestly, her school is happy for her to print out homework there so I'm going to insist she does. You wouldn't believe the dramas we've had over this issue... good grief and this is only term 1! Still she's going on camp (Myrtleford) for a week soon and I'll miss her never-the-less!

Karen: Biccys were just my "throw in what-ever needs using up" bulk recipe. Makes about 40 standard round biccys. The basic mixture is nice and chewy like Mrs Fields... but instead of paying $2.40 each the whole batch usually costs about $2.40 (conservative estimate if I use generic brand ingredients). If you throw in indulgent extras like chocolate and macadamia nuts it will make it a lot more expensive but a nice cheap option is to just use crushed nuts/and or coconut which is what I used this time. I'm keen to learn to cook more bulk recipes... Verity has been "cheap to run" until about a year ago... now she has huge portions, eats more than me! I'm starting to wonder if we'll be able to feed the boys when they turn into locust-like teens!
    Oh and I'm not a terribly organised person though... I tend to function better under pressure... just as well, sometimes it doesn't matter how organised you 'think' you are when you're a mum: things still get chaotic!

Jess: what's the latest with Pat? Oh and men are like kids: gotta praise the good and ignore the bad (within reason). When my DH does something incredibly mature I make a point of saying how "attractive" it is... seems to be working here

Nickers: How's Nixon? And his nappy rash? Still bad? Unfortunately the best creams are exxy. I use Sudocrem... but have also discovered that PawPaw cream is good too. I meant to say before that I buy most of my Tupperware secondhand (due to budget constraints)... I soak them in Milton, they come up looking ace. Sorry I couldn't join you with your parties... I'd be just too tempted, it's such a good product. How's your all-day-sickness? I remember when most of us were suffering.... we nearly all had the same kinda cravings... maybe your In-Liven will help with that? I've read a lot about how women who eat a good balanced diet suffer less... just avoid a diet of salt and vinegar chips! OOOh the memories are still so fresh! LOL

Dee78: LOL at you sneaking a nap... sometimes 15 mins really helps huh? Remind me how Lockie is eating? What has he tried? Regarding the night feeds... just try to give the bare minimum I guess... I'm sure there's some really good advice to be found in other BB threads though. I'm lucky in that Niall is needing less at night now... he still has a 3am feed... but rolls over within a few minutes (he feeds in bed with me) ... it actually just seems more like he is 'touching base' with me more than anything. Then when he wakes up I give him as much cereal as he'll take... then give him a top up drink after that before his 10am nap... I guess i just try to keep him eating as much as I can through-out the day... this has the desired follow-on effect of him not needing as much at night.

Nickel: How's lil' Ruby? I can't recall how her progress is going with solids either... you don't seem to be having too many issues

IK: OOoh you get away so much! It just seems too hard for us... and Verity has Little Aths every Saturday which is limiting. But keep it up... anything to recharge those batteries especially now that you're studying again... what subject are you doing?

DH walking in the door... I need to make sure he's fed... I made a large chicken and vegie pie from scratch today... once again MUCH cheaper and healthier than buying supermarket ones... and twice as high... and has mushrooms.... love mushrooms Nighty nite everyone!

Bath - when you're a kid, you just have no concept of printer ink...I'm harking my mind back to this conversation with my dad...but funnily enough, it didn't sink in until I was out of home operating my own printer!
    Yeah, we do get away a bit lately. I was only saying this today to my GF as we were walking back for the last time to the beach house. We went away for Australia Day, away this weekend, I'll be gone with my sister up to East Gippsland to visit my mum next weekend, the weekend after next we'll be in Bendigo for the fire brigade state champs and then soon after that the running team (the crew who'll be at Bendigo) will head off for a camping trip again. It's sort of making me feel a bit decadent, but then again, I tell myself that we're just making the most of it, school's back and winter will provide less outdoor fun for Oscar. And dammit, it's summer! One of these days DP will be working again and when he's in the throes of job boredom or stress, he can think back to these times Also, I'm getting really good practice at keeping the 'Oscar packing' really simple! The most complicated we get with taking him is bringing the buggy for daysleeps.
    I DID miss my swim class (even though I got to book in for a family play swim on Thursday night as a compensation), though, but apart from that it was a free weekend (as in, nothing else planned, we DID have to pay our share of the rental!) and a mini-celebration, so it had to be done! It will be harder when we have more kiddies and they have separate interests etc. Oscar is the lucky one, but he's the eldest and it just goes with the territory DP and I are both eldest siblings, so are not really able to relate to the experiences of younger siblings...but I am sure we will make up for it to them plenty!! Oooh, that just became another muse topic - any thoughts?

Aaaah yes IK, I remember those care-free days of one small bubba... it was all so easy back then.. and I'm sure Bath and Karen, Jess and 7th are all musing and remembering how easy it was with 2 kids only....
    Giorgia has dancing every Sat morning so we don't get away that much... but I don't know that we would anyway!

Ruby is going really well, almost sort of sitting and getting very frustrated at herself for not crawling. She really just wants to be held on my lap all the time though. Still no teeth...but lots of babbling so here's hoping she does something on schedule! She only weighs about 7kg and is still in mostly 00's though we noticed all the 000's are really too small now.
    We STILL have to get our 4 and 6 month immunisations so I'm aiming to do that on Thursday... ah slackness. fortunately Giorgia never gets really sick, and Ruby seems to take after her.

All 3 of us girls went swimming today - trying to make it our Monday morning thing, and then we all had a shower together when we came back. I think they enjoyed the shower more than the pool the funny little people!

Bath - I thought you wrote chicken and vegie patch and had to re-read that it was a pie from scratch... perhaps it's bedtime for me!

Nickers - still thinking of you and your little man (and your big one too!)

Jess - men! well that's all I need to say really, it speaks for itself, sometimes they are just sooo dumb? or just unaware I think! and why did YOU have to climb the tree??
    Where were they?? Just part of your day huh?

Ciao beautiful bellas! See you later this week - after my work days!

good afternoon... 1 finger typing.... Niall has the grizzles and velcro syndrome... been out all day... then had a nap with Niall (good ole PlaySchool babysat Wade)... might get on again later tonight...all's well I miss Mel already!

Howdy all - it looks like its been a busy past few days!

First up my mini personals - hello to Ali, Amanda, (absent) Mel, Jess, Dee, Dee, Karen, (long-absent) Ceecee, Nickel and IK

DH has updated our website to include photos of what our kitchen USED to look like here: [URL="http://s95.photobucket.com/albums/l160/Mikkenror/?action=guestlogin"]I think you all have the password (ps: my username). Bath, you will see I completey understand when you say you are not motivated to keep a place clean when you don't like your surroundings LOL!!

I found out today a guy at work and his wife have to go through IVF to have a baby - it tore my heart. It was just the other day I was saying to DH and a GF (in a moment of hard-ar$ed career woman-ness) that I don't think having a child is something that completes your life or is something you can't live without, and that I could imagine a life without Flynn as much as one with him, even though I wouldn't change my life for anything else right now. After thinking about the heartache this couple are going through I think I have to take it all back - my little boy is so precious to me! I guess I am still finding my way with this whole motherhood journey.

Had a funny moment this afternoon - I got home from work and DH had to go out so I had a shower in our downstairs bathroom with the intention of taking Flynn in with me when I was done. I dutifully got all I needed, took the ironing board out of the bathroom so it wouldn't fall on Flynn and put him on the bathroom floor with all the doors closed so he could crawl around while I showered. Well! I never counted on the fact that our shower door opened OUTWARD, and that despite the toys I put on the floor for him Flynn would want to crawl right next to the shower door to smile and coo at me!! I was trapped in the shower by a baby's grinning face being pushed up against the glass door LOL!!! In the end, I managed to push him out of the way and squeeze past him and safey get him in with me.

Better go, got stuff to clean and prepare for tomorrow - gotta ring a journo about body corporate laws - might see me in print soon girls!

Well we had an interesting day!
    Spent a good part of the morning boxing up Mars Chocolates for our Kinder's fundraiser(Anyone want to buy any? They are only $4 a box)
    Then we headed up to Jaegar where we have got 2 brand new crias. Warnie and Latte( Warnie's mum is called Simone and Latte's mum is called Nelly!)

Hello everyone, I hope all is well with everyone and their bubs.

Rory I had a good chuckle at your bebarkle (sp) in the shower, I could just imagine his face pressed against the glass and you trying to coax him to move, lol.

Well Kailen's ENT appointment went well his ears are really looking good and his hearing is great, he has another appointment in May so we'll see what happens then. Hervey Bay was wonderful, it was nice and relaxing, just what I needed. We went swimming most of the weekend, all the boys loved the beach, the sand was so hot on Sunday that we had to run not a nice site but luckily there was only one other person on the beach that was fishing so I don't think he saw anything.

While up there my mum has started to reiki, she did a healing on me and the boys and I must say that I feel better, I've also been a bit tired lately but I think that's passing.

Well better go dinners ready.

hugs xoxo

RoryRory - yeah I had a giggle about Flynn too, probably thinking he was doing something wonderful as mummy was so animated!!

Hey Amanda - sounds like you are a bit rejuvenated! awesome - what IS reiki? I'm glad you felt it made a difference for you, anything that helps when you are a mum hey?

Oh bath - so with you, Ruby is a happy bub, but only as long as she is being held! I'm SURE giorgia wasn't like this? If she was I don't remember it, but I probably wasn't having to look after an older child!!

alrighty, off to chat to DH about our roles/chores in our house. We both agreed that we can't get cross at each other if we don't spell out what each other's jobs are. Of course if we see something that needs doind and we can, we'll do it, but it's good to have things out in the open to remove any guilt. This could be an interesting discussion...

just a quick one from me. In the end the gastro bug has caught up with me, so ive felt pretty aweful since last night and typically Nixon chose to wear his grumpy pants today.
    DH found him standing in his cot cot tonight.... i ddint even know he could pull himself to stand yet, but was across the rd so missed it.
    Hello everyone, sorry for lack of personals.

Hi all, feeling exhausted tonight. I worked again yesterday which was good, but I am now not working to Fri which I think is good because both Tori and I need the break. Tori is much better, still struggling with her teeth and has a bit of nappy rash which has slowly started to clear up, but was hurting her yesterday because she would cry everytime she did a wee.
    My worst nightmare finally happened to me on the weekend, I fell over holiding Tori. It was my nieces bday party and we were at Mum and dad's house and I feel down the back steps (in front of my SIL whole family so embarrased), I managed to save Tori and land on my knees, I hurt one knee but not to badly. I think my pride was hurt more than anything, but it was is the one thing I have been dreading since she was born.

Nic- Sorry to hear that the Gastro has caught up with you, make sure you kep your fluids up. Woohoo to Nixon for standing up!

Amanda- SOunds like your w/e did you a whole world of good.

Rory- That is hilarious, Tori does the same thing on our back sliding door sometimes if we duck outside to do something.

DH and I have decided that we are going start TTC no. 2 as of April, I am so excited. I went to the Dr. to have my rubella immunity booster today because my immunity is low. But the Dr. said becaues I had a booster after Tori was born, and it did nothing to improve my immunity it looks like I am one of those women who the booster doesnt work on, she said in most cases people like only have their immunity kick in when they are exposed to the virus.

Anyway best go and do a few things before bed.
    Last edited by *Ali*; February 27th, 2007 at 09:15 PM. Reason: Typos

Ali - I dropped Flynn a while back - i know how you feel!!

Nickers - so sorry you are sick now too - hope your boys are looking after you

Nickel - Sooooo with you on the need for a division of roles talk - DH keeps avoiding it (LOL) but he has his masters as an excuse ATM

Amanda - I have always wanted a reiki healing....

Jess - mars chocs are DANGEROUS!!

Hi Ladies,

Im having such a lazy day today. its great but i know that there are things that really need to be done.

Rory - How funny about the shower!!

Ali
    - TTC #2?? Thats fantastic!! As for the falling with your baby, that is my worst nightmare too but hey, we cant prevent everything!!

Nickers - Oh i was really hoping that you wouldnt get sick, its the last thing you need you poor thing. make sure you take it easy!! lachlan has just started pulling himself up in his cot now too!

Nickel
    - Hope the discussion goes well!!

Amanda - Glad you had a good time away, i think we all need a break from time to time

IK - Sounds like you had a good time away too. Hmmm maybe i should have a holiday!

Bath
    - Lachlan is eating really well but he wont drink anything during the day, water or milk. I feel that if i cut back on his night feeds he wont be getting any fluids. He has been a bit constipated lately too and i know that if he just drinks more water he should be ok but he wont. I just dont know what to do about it. He NEEDS to drink fluids but he just pushes the bottle or cup away.

Anyway, i think i might go and have a lay down on the lounge, Lachlan has been up since 6.45am and its now 12.30! he just wont go to sleep!!

Cee_Cee99 Guest

hello girls,
    sorry for being a lurker and not a poster... but all is well here... got my period today, so think I have had a case of PMS for a week... oh well... Feel better now....

Ally is an absolute gem, we are have a wonderful life together as a family. We are really just crusing along having fun. She is eating really well, and sleeping really well and today she gave her first wave, super cute... I have found 5 girls who live within 5 minutes of my home with babies born in either June, July, August so I'm pretty much spending my social time with them... but I sometime lurk on BB and am happy to see you all doing well.

Dee- try giving him a wet washer to suck on during the day, at least that way he will drink something... HUGS..

take care
    luv
    CC

Hi all! Great to see you back, CC
    Gotta fly, got a haircut appt now! Had Booby Club this morning then took the dog for a blood donation (he did SOOOO well, I'm so proud of him!).
    Might be in later...

Hiya CeeCee! Good to hear all's well Donna: maybe you could try introducing fluids via his feeds... making his cereal more milky? It's a tricky one. I'm just updating my ticker... Niall sat in his pram seat for the first time a few days ago... bit of a sad milestone, I loved the bassinette attachment. He slept in the seat today but because he couldn't lie on his tummy (the bassinette was the size of a small cradle) he didn't sleep for very long... but at least he is strapped in now... he was trying to stand up in the pram before... uh oh... gotta go...sad boy here now, tired of being in porta-cot.

ETA: arggh: just spent the last half hour feeding and trying to settle Niall... finally I delicately managed to place him in his cot... eyes remained closed...quietly lifted up the cot rail... tip toe to the door... then: "MUUUUUUUUM!!!!" bang crash Wade bursts into Niall's room screaming because he's bored... i turn around to check Niall... his head popped up... bugger So much for that.

Oh, and good-bye summer, bring on Autumn, the most beautiful season in Melbourne

Hi All,

IK- can dogs donate blood??
    Bath- great new ticker, such a cheeky smile!
    Hi CC- glad u have found some nice mums and bubs thats great. Im hoping i find a nice group either playgroup or new mums group with no#2 when i get back to Sydney.
    Nixon is slowly on the mend. however he had a big vomit last night which for about 30sec just kept projectilling. i almost got worried it wasnt going to end. He was grumpy last night so possibly why! 2min after his big chuck he was having a giggle though....
    Hi Dee- luckily the big sort of seemed to come and go quiet quickly through me.did u get your nap? I went and layed down about 2pm after Nixon went down, i was just about asleep when my ph rung, was a gf so on the phone to her for 30min, while talking to her had 2 calls on my mob so by the time i returned those calls there was no way i could have a nap then.......

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast