Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #33

Oh and jack has 2 bottom teeth and Char has one you can feel and another you can just see. I caught her biting Jack the other day. She pins him down and does this evil laugh and you just know she is up to no good. Sometimes he starts crying before she even gets near him!!!

A huge congrats to you Nic! That is wonderful news. How fabulous a little brother or sister for Nixon! Is anyone esle pregnant or trying??? I'm not, dont know if we'll have any more.

Oh Kel you read my mind. I S##t you not last week i thought Im going to email kelly and see how she and her tribe is going!! (obviously i never got that far lol!)
    Others ttc, ali will be in a few months, i think rory is and Racs was talking about it a while back but not sure if they are actually ttc yet kristee-Lee which i am not sure if u know or not is currently ttc and her daughter Tarleha is a Junie.
    Thanks for the congrats. So you and Rowan are good now? I think last time you guys were having a break.
    Im soooo glad you went to Bali and had a ball, that is just awesome!
    can we see some new pics of the kiddies!
    Charlee sounds like the little devil of them doesnt she! glad to hear they are all well and great to hear from you

Hi Nic,

Yeah Rowen and I are going much better. We still have our moments and he hasn't moved back in fully yet but it suits us how it is and the kids are happy so we'll just wait and see. Wow so many considering having another bub! That is awesome news. I hope the TTC part is over quick and we have some new arrivals. Char is a little rebel but she is just so cheeky. She is so cuddly now. I dont know what changed but she wasn't like that to start with. I think we will be very close when she grows up.

Glad to hear all is well. I'll get onto getting some pics put up.

Love Kel

Great to see you back, Misskel! I, too, was thinking of you over the weekend - I was reading my horsey magazine and looking at the HRCAV Top Teams Showing pictures and thought of you How's the showing going? I'm glad you're back on with Rowan, too - band-aid vibes to you two!
    Amanda - State was ace - our team didn't get too many points, but a good time was had anyway. Oscar was so easy the whole weekend and took to the long drive better than I thought he would. I checked out the Golden Dragon Museum there, too and I recommend it! I love Chinese stuff, so I made a beeline. Oscar was intrigued by the competition on the track and would follow the carts down the track when he heard their commotion. Maybe he'll compete one day! I was happy to spectate for the second year running. Got back last night and headed to another team members house for Indian dinner.
    It certainly was quiet here over the weekend, I hope its cos we had exciting weekends!
    Well, aiming to ride my horse today. Better get a move on.
    How is everyone?

Good afternoon everyone

Just got home from PlayGroup/lunch afterwards... both boys awake and keeping me on my toes ATM. Hi Miskel, you sound so much happier, that's great your holiday all worked out IK: we were up your way on Sunday... saw Puffing Billy etc... no parrots at Grants which was odd...

uh oh Wade is wielding a pencil and wants paper... better get some before he sneaks off to draw on the walls... will add to this later...

ETA # 1 Finally got around to icing the chocolate cake I made for Verity's welcome home from camp on the weekend... Also continued working on my Mother's Assistant advert that I'm going to hand to the retired lady that lives on the corner (to either give to her friends or apply to herself!), and my church... I've decided to pay $15 per hour, after reading a thread on how much cleaners get paid... I'll get the MA to iron a couple of items (mainly DH's work shirts) each visit. She will not have to work too hard though... for about half her time she'll probably be just sitting playing with the boys. I'll make use of her talents: if she can sew, cook, garden etc I'll put her to work doing those tasks, everything needs doing around here at the moment! I just hope that she's honest, kind and a relaxed person... I feel like I'm looking for Mary Poppins; "plays games, all sorts!" LOL

Niall howling now... fell over... edit (add to this) again later...

ETA #2 Niall in bed with a bottle of formula... I over did it this morning and forgot to drink enough water... when I attached Niall he drank what was there very quickly then started biting, repeatedly I did the gentle flicking on the face thing that somebody recommended recently but it didn't work... he started laughing and crying at the same time! I felt like a witch! So I've drunk about half a litre of water and will try again in an hour or so... until then it'll just have to be a bottle... just 100 ml though... just enough to tide him over.

Hiya IK: Good luck encouraging DP to straighten things out! I really know what you mean about being "visual". I can't concentrate either when there's clutter everywhere. When I was studying with just Verity i used to have to stay back at uni a lot... it's going to be tricky when i return to study with the boys too (in maybe 2 years... less if i contimue to feel mentally bored as I am now). This is where the Mary Poppins will come in handy; I will hopefully increase her hours... or have a few ladies on a list to draw from. Pity we didn't live a bit closer... we could work out a little schedule where "play dates" could co-incide with your need to study!

Verity's just walked in the door.... she looks a bit p*ssed off about something... back later...

Bath - birds are doing strange things up here because of the drought - no doubt others outside of city areas are noticing, too. The ****ies are VERY active at night, for example. Hope you enjoyed Puffo! Hope you didn't get stuck in holiday traffic - Sundays and long weekends are the worst times to drive around here, everyone slows down to about 20 Kph to look at...sometimes, I don't even know what!
    Just had a ride - dreamy. Oscar went with DP for a run and now I have a sleeping angel on me. I'll put him down and try to tidy up around here. It feels like mission impossible, though, as there is mess everywhere and it's really getting me down/angry, cos I NEED to study, not clean a house. DP tries to tell me to ignore the mess and just study...but I'm very much a visual person, and that means that my study area MUST be somewhat orderly or I take nothing in. He thinks I'm making excuses, but it's amazing how much I get done when my environs are orderly...and there is not a single room unaffected by his half-done effort at overhauling the study...there is stuff in every room of this small house. Can you tell I'm frustrated? And chances are, I'll finish tidying up the loungeroom into a semi-orderly state and Oscar will wake so that I can't study in the end. I'm having a GRRRR moment.
    ETA: he's just arrived home, I'll get on his case now!

Hi Ik,

No I havent been showing since december. Im actually looking for a nice pony under 12 hh for Mia for leading rein and then will just concentrate on her and hopefully the twins if they want to ride too. Im at my aunty's for a few weeks as she has taken her good hack Ralph over to Sydney for the Royal show and for the grand National hack show. They just arrived and he has settled in well.
    Cant wait to see how he goes....

Hiya all - esp Kel - so glad you and Rowen and the kids are doing so well!

IK, I understand on the clean house to study thing - I had that all thru uni but don't let it stop you from studying!! I regret that I cleaned so much during uni and studied so little.

Bath - yay for the MA - can I have a Mary Poppins too??

Amanda, Ali, Dee and Nickel - good to hear from you! I will make a real effort to come in here more cause I miss the old chatty days too

My news - Flynn is sleeping much better and I am giving him water when he rouses in the night rather than boob - a quick suck on the bottle and he nods off, but get him out of cot for boob and he wakes up fully and starts looking around.

AND MY GF HAD A BABY GIRL THIS MORNING!! Her name is Summer Jade and she arrived after 16 hours of 3 minute apart contractions. Her mum, Kel, did a sterling job to push her out with only a shot of pethidine after being induced. The salad tongs came out in the end but mum and bub (and dad) are doing well. The little piggy spent the first couple of hours of life on the boob - and apparently she already has legs like little tree trunks! I can't wait to see her - another girl for Flynn's Harem LOL!!! DH and I were in her parent's wedding party the week before Flynn was born, and Summer was a honeymoon conception - so there is pretty well exactly 9 months between them. DH and I are going to try a tag team and see if we can conceive this month - fingers crossed! I am not doing any temp taking or stuff but I have a good feeling

Such a lovely day to bring a baby into the world!!

Oh Rory, that's an awesome name your friend chose! I love names like Summer and Winter (actually!) but my surname is woolley so, it just would not be appropriate...!

MISKEL! Hello! So great to hear from you! Charlee sounds hilarious! She will probably develop so much quicker than poor little jack for a while, especially with speaking and social skills (studies shows that girls tend to develop quicker in these areas) - although she just sounds like a normal girl, and jack is just bewildered by the female race sooner than other blokes!

IK - you got to ride a horse? I'm so jealous!

LOL - Nickers at cobwebs! and IKWYM amanda3
    Nickers - have you heard anything from the model agency for Nixon yet? And does he go straight for your glasses? I've just admitted that I really have to start wearing mine pretty much full time, and both my daughters are fascinated, Ruby keeps trying to pull them off all the time!

hey Ali - that's great re. job. You are so lucky to get two child care places so quickly! It's almost impossible where I live. They are supposed to give places to working mums as a priority but I'm yet to see any centre do that! Hope you have heaps of fun with your mum, and get to have some "dates" with your lad!

Ok, 11 year anniversary coming up on 23rd. DH has finally got the idea to make it really special (we had a "break" from celebrating it for a couple of years...ie. he didn't do anything, and I forgot it was our anniversary!) We are farming out the kids, and going to stay in a hotel in the city for 2 nights and have a holiday in the city, wonder around botanic gardens, watch an alternative movie at Dendy Circular Quay, drink ****tails at the toaster etc etc. But I'm a bit worried about the breastfeeding without Ruby around thing, I mean expressing! I'll have to make a big effort to make sure that i express at least 3 times a day so I don't get a low supply - although that is yet to be a problem!

Ruby still hasn't got teeth, still can only sit up for barely a minute, and still can't crawl. Although, I have to say she is a champion roller, and would put the Australian of the year roller to shame (comedy show).

Bath - do you find drinking water makes a difference for amount of milk? Maybe I should drink less...hmm ... water I mean! Your life sounds very full on and busy, it must also be the age of our bubs at the mo!

Sorry for lack of personals everyone else! Heading off to work to do their payslips now!

Good afternoon *yawn* Niall's asleep and Wade is eating, correction, now he is beside me wanting something different to what he has spent the last 10 minutes nagging for. Can you believe it? How am I going to get through this afternoon? Verity has homework club at school (optional extra free tuition that all her friends do so thankfully she's doing it too) so won't be home until about 5pm... probably a good thing as she left with a storm cloud over her head this morning because I withdrew all priveldges because she refuses to tidy her room and we are at an impasse. So at least the house will be slightly more quiet... and ABC Kids is about to start hooray! I love that cheerful little flute sound at the start of it! LOL

Nickel: Busy? me? On paper, no, but in reality I am incredibly busy mainly because everything I do takes about 10 times longer to do than it did 4 years ago! Milk supply: yeah, water and rest crank up my supply... yesterday I got dehydrated and tired after a busy morning.... I went to bed at 8pm after showering/BFing Niall (showers also help with low supply) and woke up at 11pm with a good supply so things are back on track again. Niall slept quite well last night but I did 2 hours of housework after I woke up too in an attempt to catch up... went to bed at 2am. But I did SO much! Mopped floors/scrubbed pots/handwashed delicates/polished shoes/decluttered etc it was just so peaceful but I over did it. Now I am suffering but if I slouch on the couch with Wade instead of trying to do housework this afternoon I'll be ok... and I might even go to bed early again and do more housework at night... it's much less frustrating than having to stop every 5 minutes to deal with the boys. Downside is that I don't get to see much of DH. Maybe I won't have to do it when I get a bit of help... if I just had a relative where the boys could go visit for an hour or 2 each week all would be solved... this is the price of living away from family I guess.

Rory: Oh I agree, such a lovely day to have a baby! and what a lovely name And for you too! How exciting!

IK: How's your house? I was pondering the other day how Virginia Woolf (I think it was her) insisted that every woman should have a Room of Her Own... and she didn't even have children!... or did she? All I want is my own space where nothing is touched or moved... to me that would be sooooo luxurious! And I'm going to insist on it when I return to study... I've even wistfully pondered having my own self contained apartment in the city whilst studying LOL and to think how I too totally wasted the luxury of all that when I studied when I was 19/20! *shaking head* if only I had had a crystal ball! Oh well... things have turned out pretty good... can't lose sight of that! Maybe you just need to create a tidy corner and put your back to the rest of the mess?

Oh and Nickel: I forgot to say i hope you have a lovely night out for your anniversary! What you have planned sounds wonderful! Let us know how it goes!

Ok I've got a cup of tea and some home made choc-chip cookies and the older boys are colouring nicely and Cody is having a nap, so I will try and do some personals.

Kel great to see you back and hearing that the twins are going well, how cheeky is Charlee and Jack sounds like he's learning early that girls aren't always nice lol.

Rory congrats to your girlfriend sounds like she did a wonderful job and what a beautiful name, sounds like she already likes her booby juice. Good luck with TTC hopefully we'll be hearing some good news from you soon.

Nickel sounds like your going to have a wonderful anniversary this year, lol at Ruby been a champion roller, at least she can move around and see the world that way.

Bath OMG woman what are you doing cleaning at that time of the night,lol, I totally understand it tho. No kids to mess where you've cleaned, can mop the floor and have no dirty footprints on the clean bits. When do you think you will be interviewing for the position?

Nic how are you going? Has DH found a house in Sydney yet?

Well Cody as of yesterday has learnt to commando crawl, when I put him in his cot last night before a bath, I went and ran the bath and came back and he was sitting himself up so I guess my boy is growing up quickly.

Better go I can hear evil laughing which is not a good sign.

hugs xoxo

Bath, it was 400 pounds a year AND a room of one's own!! Space and money is needed! Virginia didn't have any children - too busy writing LOL!!

Gotta be quick, just been in to see Summer - she is SOOOOOO cute!

And fingers crossed on the - I just checked out the due date calendar - if I WAS up the duff the due date would be DH's birthday, with conception date TODAY!

Better stop wasting time on the PC and DTD!!!

Rory - hope you've had a good night Yesterday arvo DP set me up out on the back patio so that I'd have my 'clear visual field'...the lawn! It WAS actually conducive and I got quite a bit read. Today I read a bit more, but not a lot cos mister man woke up too soon and DP was working on the study (if I say nothing it doesn't get done, if I say something I'm nagging...not that he said I was nagging, but sometimes it feels that way!).
    Amanda - how cute that Cody's more mobile now!
    Bath - I can't entertain the thought of staying up late to clean tonight - my eyes are falling out of my head, so I'll sleep and deal with mess tomorrow! How did things go with Verity when she got home? Still at an impasse?
    Well, better go and upload these photos from brigade training tonight.
    ETA: putting eyes back in head...
    Nickel - yep, my horse got a run yesterday! Sometimes I get so caught up in what I'm trying to achieve that I forget to enjoy it, but yesterday I had a lazy smile on my face and...surprise, surprise, he was just adorable for me! I've decided that I'll keep my riding to about two days a week and see what happens with this rain, cos if I ride more often then we'll have to spend more money on feed if no rain appears by winter. If he's not too much in work, then feeding is less of an issue. Hey, have fun on your anniversary!
    Last edited by Smoke Jaguar; March 14th, 2007 at 10:07 PM.

OK Whats been happening here???? The little(15yo) boy down the road bought our VL off us and told us he could pay us $50 a week until it was paid for, that was on the 2nd Feb since then he has paid $150 and nothing else, we have asked him for the money, he said he was waiting for Centrelink to backpay him....he said I'll get paid on Tuesday you will get your money then...guess what noooo money!

That money was to buy the kids a special treat for the car. When I have the money to buy it I'm getting the kids a DVD player(dual screen) for the car. Because we are always travelling long distances, it will pay for itself in no time( Its on special at Strathfield Car Radio for $298)

Pat has cut both top and bottom teeth now so the biting has started? Does anyone elses children grind their teeth? Pat has started to do it and everytime I say no he laughs at me. Over the past 3 days, he has learnt to wave byebye, clap hands and crawl on his knees(when it pleases him).I am so proud of him and Mum isn't going to recognise him(she saw him last week!)

I got bitten on my leg by something on Monday and now I have this huge red welt on my leg, its so sore and itchy and all James can say is stop scratching it! Thats easy for him, he doesn't have to put up with the itchiness!!!!!

Katie makes her Reconciliation on the 29th, so can ppl please say some special prayers for her, its a big day for her. The next step in her big journey is her First Communion/Confirmation which will be in August so there will be lots of photos coming in of her special dress very soon.

The two older kids(Jack and Kate) have both got a Footy coaching clinic happening on Tuesday which is being conducted by th Richmond Tigers, from what I have been told Matthew Richardson will be there so I'm definately going to be down there watching!!

I don't thinkk there is much more for the time being!

Love all of you Bellas and Bambinis

Hi Everyone,

I just thought I'd get on quickly and as all is quiet here I thought I'd attempt some personals!!!

Nickel, 11 years! Wow that is fantastic. I cant believe the weekend you have planned! I'm so jealous! It will be a lovely time for you both as a couple. God knows you probably need it! Charlee is a real character yes. She definately has Jack figured out. He gets a blank look on his face whenever she goes near him. He is just a sooky-la-la!!!

Nickers, I read in someone elses post, Nixon, modelling??? Please tell me everything???I love kids modelling its cute. Jack could model beanies cos his head is just so round and he looks so cute in them.

Rory, Congrats to your friend Kel. I have to agree with Amanda, its a truely lovely name. Good luck tonight! Lets cross our fingers. A baby born on DH's birthday would be very special. Not that he/she wouldn't be anyway! Der!

Amanda, Yay on Cody commando crawling. Its amazing how much our bubs are doing hey? Its just so mind blowing that not that long ago we were all pregnent. Now they are nearly all 1!!!

Bath, I'm with you on the cleaning at night thing! I mop when the twins are up and its like pushing s*** up hill! So much easier to do it last thing at night. I love waking up to a clean house!

IK, good on you for riding. Twice a week is a nice amount. Keeps you fit. That is certainly one thing I miss. I've noticed how untoned I have gotten lately.

Bellasmum, hi you! Pat is a little champ with his clapping and waving! And how funny are they when they laugh at you for saying NO! You dont know whether to laugh or not! Priceless!

A huge hello to everyone else I haven't mentioned. Still trying to get back in the swing of things!

Just a few more things you might all like to know,
    I'm not breastfeeding any more. The babies sleep from 7-7 so my supply just kind of dwindled away. So I stopped and now the babies have 3 bottles a day. One at 6am, one at 1pm and one at 6pm. I had to put Char on S-26, the one for babies with reflux because she just kept puking everywhere! It was gross and it has helped heaps. Jack is on it too, its just easier to have both the same. They sometimes swap bottles halfway through anyway! So Cute! They are not allowed in bed until 7pm or after. and they wake at 6am for their bottle and then are not allowed up until after 7am. Call me a Nazi but I refuse to have early risers! Mia had the same rule and she is a great sleeper inner! LOL!
    They go back down at 9:30-10am and sleep until 11:30-12. Have lunch then play then bottle and back to bed at about 1pm. Usually wake at about 2:30pm in time for school pick up.
    Today we had a birthday party to attend and I thought what the hell the twins can have a few cheezels. BIG MISTAKE! Charlee is still awake and I think Jack is too! Guess I wont be doing that again. It was cute though cos Jack was sitting in my friends babys Bumbo seat on the table and he just kept helping himself. He was a total mess. Actually he has never looked so feral! LOL!
    He got his own back with Charlee today, he beat her up and she was so upset. She seems to forget that it hurts when she is beating him up!
    Both are very cheeky, Charlee wont take no for an answer, she just keeps gouing back to whatever you tell her not to do. And if you tell Jack not to touch he will touch it with the tip of his pointer finger and then look straight at you. And either laugh or look all innocent.
    Anyway, i'm off to the races tomorrow. Bunbury Cup. I bought a new black dress, am wearing my white wedding shoes, a white belt and a black fascinator. I will look pretty trendy however the double pram might be a letdown. Haha! Oh well I'm a mum and proud of it so the babies can come to the races too! Least people get out of my way!
    Oh yeah and Chrlee is getting her ears pierced at 9am. I know she is young but I really wanted them done early so she doesn't touch them. I cant wait to see them!

Have a great night everyone.

Love Kel
    God is it just me or is this post very very long.......
    Last edited by Misskel; March 14th, 2007 at 11:14 PM.

I love long posts, Misskel!
    I am loving the twins stories, too Shame about the BF supply, but you got it all sorted now and everyone's happy! You know, I hear heaps of stories about mummies with twins who throw BFing into the too-hard-basket and dont' even attempt it, and I keep remembering you BFing your two and think that Charlee and Jack are two lucky kiddies for you to have fed them for as long as you did! Oscar is still going and hardly on any solids at all...but he's not in danger of withering to nothing, as the Melb girls can attest!
    How are your aunt's ponies going? Not sure if it's related, but I find my sitting trot has improved out of sight since having Oscar - you think it might have loosened me up in the relevant areas?? I used to look like my insides were all rusted up and now I feel limber and Dante travels along nicely in a sit trot!
    Oooh, forgot to say, Rory - Summer is such a cute name! Although, it does remind me of that Baywatch character...she was very wooden, so I'll have to purge her from my mind when I hear the name...
    Jess - I remember the kids at school getting very excited about their communion etc - I went to Catholic schools, so I can imagine the anticipation in your household! I never did the sacraments myself, but I remember studying them (I'm a curious cat).
    Going to bed, just been up looking at photos...of Oscar...can't help myself!

IK,

I am very proud that I BF until 7 & 1/2 months. I think it was a herculean effort as I felt at times all I did was BF! But I am glad I stuck it out. And if the supply hadn't fallen away I would have kept going indefinately! But Jack sure does prefer food. I feed them both at the same time and he cracks a sad when its Charlee's mouthful. And at the end I say "All gone" and he looks at me as if to say "Please tell me you're joking" Then looks at the empty bowl and drops his lip. God he is a crack up! He grunts and growls for more after every mouthful!!
    My auntys horse arrived in Sydney 100% ok. He even put on weight which 4 him is great. We thought he might lose heaps. we have 4 horses left here. 2 thoroughbred mares. Both just off the track. Sasha and Jazz. Both gorgeous mares. And two riding pony geldings. One yearling and one 3y/o. Both about to start showing for the year very soon. I'm off to an auction Sunday hopefully we might find a small pony for mia.
    I found I rode better after Mia was born. My balance was better and I always felt more a part of the horse I was on. IYKWIM?? Which was a good thing for me as riding racehorses it meant I didnt fall off hardly at all! Yay!
    anyway I'm off to bed, I so tired! And I think the sugar has worn off the twins they seem to be quiet!

Love Kel

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast