Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #34

I'm having a break for a while from posting ladies!
    Things have really gone bad here and we really need a house, I'll be popping in and out but if you wanna chat just email me and i'll give you me new number...Hugs and kisses to all junie bubs.

Jess - I hope things resolve themselves soon enough for you. Hope Pat's doing well!
    Just got back from GF's, was really nice.
    Yep, Heaven, complete dismay was my reaction, so I'm tipping I'm not the only one. We'll see next week if my emails generate any responses. Hmmm, footy - if he wants to head the horse riding thing off at the pass, he'd better get in quick with footy or cricket!
    OK, I should get this kid ready for bed.
    Good news, DP is working...at least for now, but it looks good for long term, if he wants it.

Well I have really bad strep throat and Wyatt has a vomitting bug, so we're not a happy household and hopefully it will be a good enough excuse for not doing personals . I'm also not going to be able to be online much in the next few weeks as we've racked up a huge bill for this month, so we have changed it to a different plan but that doesn't start until the 1st of April.

I do however want to say to Ronan our first June bubba.

hugs to everyone I'll try and pop in maybe once a week until April, God I'm going to have withdrawls .

hugs xoxo

Amanda - we'll miss you! but just think how much stuff you'll get done! I remember when our computer was down, our house was soo clean. oops!

Hey Nickers - that's great re. tupperware. Can we buy off you without having a party? You know if there are a few things we want can we order from you so you at least get the commission? we could have an online bellybelly tupperware party!

IK - well I hope the shopping centre isn't too far away for you, but I'm glad it might help out a bit! I remember the shopping centre at Burwood has the most amazing mother's room, lounge chairs and TV for starters. Reminds me to write to the local developer about the two shopping centres they are building in the area to build a GOOD mother's room - it can make such difference as to where one shops.

alrighty, I have "ignored" my children all morning, Giorgia is busy in the useful box sticking stars to cupcake patties and probably my table... and ruby is just starting to get a bit antsy given that she has been really really good and asleep for the last hour and a bit...I think it's cause I have both of them from Friday to monday (I know - shocking!! ) and by monday I just want the world to go away for awhile... I hate being reminded that I'm a selfish person!
    Take care everyone, hope you get a house Bellasmum and everythings' ok. I've got to get dressed and have a shower omg! is 12.30! having a very slow day!

Cee_Cee99 Guest

hello girls,
    gald to see your all here and your little ones are doing well... we are fine, very busy (how did the days get like this?) but am enjoying it all. Ally is eating well and playing well and growing up so fast I have to pinch myself sometimes to make sure all this is not a dream...

but just wanted to pop in and say hi, and that there are just not enough hours in the day to catch up with you all the time, but I enjoy poping in when I can to check on all your bubs!

take care
    CC

Hi CC, great to see you pop in! And that you're still having fun with your munchkin
    Amanda - can't wait till you get better internet! A decent broadband plan is just essential, nowadays, isn't it? We put up with a woeful one for ages and then just bit the bullet...works out cheaper now because we hit on a deal that gives us more than we actually use for less than 400MB was costing us prior!
    Nickel - I'm going to be 'selfish' this arvo, too, and try to get Oscar to sleep so I can put out washing, bring in other washing, tidy up a bit then study!
    I'm currently hosting a stray dog. The thing is, we were talking about a second dog last night at my GF's house and musing on what kind of dog we should think about. So, if this one doesn't find an owner, I think I might ask DP if we can get dibs on it before it gets sent to the shelter. It's a foxy (not a mini, so it's quite cute...sorry to any mini owners out there, I just can't seem to deal with them!), and he's quite nice...nice enough to allow me to put him into my car and bring him home to wait for the ranger...
    Anyway, must go see to some online bills I've been ignoring thus far. Hope everyone's having a lovely day...Bath, have you found a moment of peace, yet? Make yourself a cuppa!

Good afternoon Junies... Niall's asleep... ABC kids is on... been out all morning... pretty tired but loving the constant rain today Haven't read all the posts from the weekend yet... but have read your BooHoo IK... looking forward to an update on that one. Hiya CC... and welcome back Mel! Gonna read back over the past few days now... putting on the kettle...

Oscar was kind enough to sleep in till nearly 11am...feeling good!
    Anyway, first thing's first:
    Mel is having computer issues and hasn't been able to log on or read emails, but she's thinking of us! Her dad is recovering from his heart surgery at her place for a spell, and that's keeping her from fixing the computer. She still loves us, though!
    I did something semi-naughty today. My Myer One birthday voucher expired today and I went there after I sorted some stuff out an uni (my friend helped me return my redundant textbook and swap it for the one I need, woo hoo!). I bought a 'sensible' pair of red Hush Puppies. After staff discount, it wasn't too bad, but, still, I got a lotta nerve spending that money when DP has only been back in work for 2 days! However, I know that I will get lots of use out of them and they are super comfy and just a little bit funky. So, that's why it's only semi-naughty...
    Ok, I just banged my knee on a benchtop whilst stepping over our 'barricades' to the kitchen, carrying heavy dog food...I'm now going onto eBay to look for safety gates, cos this crate scenario is going to kill me. That and the problem with my pelvis isn't helped by having to step wide over these crates! My hips have been problematic for me lately (before i started riding again, too, so I'm not about to stop that when it's walking in general that hurts, too), so I have to minimise these awkward movements. I haven't mentioned it much because DP seems to get annoyed when I have aches and pains (he's from the 'stoic' school of thought), even though I only ever tend to mention them when they have been annoying me for a while, so I'm not a drama queen about pain!
    Gonna go and deal with myself now and let this tea infuse me with a quick sugar hit so that I can function without jitters (I haven't eaten since brekky and forgot to get lunch whilst out today!)...
    But before I do...Happy 9 months to Marley, Nathan and Oscar for yesterday! How's that? I even posted yesterday and forgot what day it was! Nine months...that's half the time we've known these little tackers - it's gone so quickly, it's like it's too short to be only 9 months...

Hiya girls, another quickie from me. Working 2 days in the office and one at home is hard work, but I am going to ramp it up to 3 days in the office and one at home and then full time in May, so I gotta limit my bellybelly time just to get stuff done around here

My winges - I lost my filofax diary on monday - I think I left in on the train! The upside it was real heavy and too big to conveniently carry and I am expected to use an online diary for work so maybe I will pick up a cheap diary on Friday to see me through. Also, my mum was in hospital again (she had a lap band inserted and we were worried about a bowel obstruction) but it was just a bad case of gastro (phew!). But I had to pick her up from hospital this mornin so my "morning of working" has turned into an evening of work tonight . I am much more a morning person, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

My good stuff - Flynn is a great kid even though he is teething - 4 tops ones at once! He doesn't have an off-switch when it comes to food (TMI warning!!) - twice in the past week he has eaten till he throws up!! He doesn't get upset but just laughs and plays with his spew! I am really loving work - I want to work full time but be home full time with Flynn - it is such a pain! Seriously, I never thought I would love my work so much - I really have got my work mojo back. It is not that I am feeling super ambitious or anything, I actually enjoy the work itself.

Better go luvvies - wanna get this stuff done so I don't have too late a night! Ciao bellas

Doh, i was half way through a post when i stopped for dinner, DH came in and flicked BB off looking at other pages grrrr......
    Nixon just cut tooth 7 today.
    he is having more and mroe spills. got a nice bruise under his chin today from falling onto a toy whilst standing.
    Rory- hope your mum is ok
    Mel hope your dad is ok
    speaking of parents my mum is flying down on sunday for a few days. to help me pack but excited as she hasnt seen Nixon since xmas and he was only just starting to sit then.
    IK- we got some gates from target when they had 20% off, cant remember the name but we got the onces that u push down with your foot to open, im liking them seings we have to have one at the top and bottom of the stairs.

ok Nixon is carryong on and dh not home (must be his teeth he has been going to sleep by himself really well of late)
    hi everyone hope your all well.

Hi Nic: just emailed your updated avatar with preggy bump to Astrolady.

Took the boys to French music this morning although it's getting harder and harder to get out the door... I haven't been late yet though... because I catch the train I'm conservative with my time. Signed up for another term today... Wade is loving it and almost said "auvoir Shona" (teacher) last lesson ...he mouthed the words... he's still very very shy.

Need to feed Wade... back later...

Bath, that's so cute about Wade being too shy to speak! I was exactly the same when I studied French...but not so cute, cos I was 9yo!
    Nic - I ended up getting a gate from eBay for $65 incl delivery, and it spans 185cms. I've checked out subsequent auctions and they're going for similar prices ($45ish), so I don't feel too foolish now! DP was upset cos I didn't ask him if I could bid on it...even though he gave me permission last week to check them out on eBay - his fault for not clarifying! Not only that, but I have MIL support. She knows what he's like and when he said yesterday (she was visiting at the time) that he could make a gate for cheaper, she asked when that might be, and that he's had 9 months to make one, knowing that it was inevitable - score is 1-0! I'm so glad that it was MIL who then brought up the issue of a safety grate for the wood heater...hee, hee, he'd better hurry up or I'll go ahead and get one made by a blacksmith down the road!
    Honestly, WHEN was he thinking of taking some action re: gate and grate? Oscar now climbs OVER the box that barricades the front door (not that the new gate will be used for there) and my pelvis isn't helped by stepping over the wide camping box at the kitchen opening. When DP next wants to mention that a gate is needed for the front door, I'll tell him that what we actually need is a screen door that stays closed and doesn't have gaping doggy holes in it. Then the score will be 2-0. This is so sad...but...now I know how my mum felt whenever my dad said "don't buy one, I'll make it"... Just like a cabinet-maker's house, I guess...!
    Rory, how's your mum's gastro going? Crap about the filofax! But, yes, an enforced weaning to the online version. DP uses his iCal and synchs it with his phone and iPod. Unfortunately, my phone is an older variety, so whilst I can put things in there, it doesn't update anything else, so my hardcopy diary and wall calendar is where it's at for me. In October I'll have paid off my phone and I can look at an upgrade. ANYWAY, I hope it doesn't inconvenience you too much to have lost your organiser. What a buzz it must be to realise that you are loving your work, too! That has to breathe new life into your career, no? There aren't too many people who can say the same thing!
    OK, Oscar is asleep and I'd like to get him down so I can take out some washing...and maybe even study...not holding breath, though (the intake of air might wake the kidlet up)

Hiya IK Men and housework/jobs around the house hey? Hmmm I know you are good at delayed gratification... hehe Oh dear it's gonna be tricky for you. My DH was trained well (by his first wife) and I have a 'no nag' policy however we are once again quite old fashioned around here at this stage of our lives.... I'm happy to do %90 of it all.... and get a tradesman in for stuff DH can't do. My standards have fallen incredibly though since I was studying... but I still get antsy as you all know. Your MIL sounds wonderful... loved those comments I can't really suggest much though... I know you would already "pick your battles"... let me mull.... I'll think back to what I used to do when I relied on DH more when I was also studying/working/housekeeping...

i know all about men and their house hold jobs pending! It takes dh many weeks months even to fix simple things, sometimes i dont know what i just dont attempt them myself!
    Recently i asked him to duct tape down some electrical cord that was going to the speakers that Nixon wanted. eventually after many asks, he took the simple way out and removed the speakers all together! ok we are moving so they need to be packed but instead of doing some handy work he took the easy way out!
    But he did do really well with our front and back yard i must admit. He build the retaining walls out the front himself and did a fabulous job, maybe the motivation to get the yard done was there for that and not to fix little niggly problems like changing a light bulb in the garage!!

IK ive been meaning to ask, the pic on your ticker, cant figure it out?? I know it is oscar in the nuddy but is it a shadow or something around his head? what was he lying on, or where was it?

Thanks heaps Bath cant wait for my belly avater to be updated!

Nic, it's a sun hat and then a bit of shadow on the sand! The hat is a khaki greeny colour and has a drawstring around the crown. He was playing with the sand and shovelling it into his mouth, so that's why all I could get was a bum shot! It was taken at the beach in Orewa, NZ, and the tide was out, leaving pools in the dunes

Hi girls - missing BB and you all so much!!!

Managed to get on computer for 5 minutes without it packing up! Yippee! Going to try and look for a new one this weekend.

Thanks for all your well wishes with my Dad. He is doing very well. He is still sore and very tired but overall considering he had open heart surgery, he is coping well. Chelsea is enjoying having me in her bed, she thinks its like camping!!!! I don't mind either. I am so thankful that I bought her a double bed (I knew there was method in my madness!!!) so there is plenty of room for 2 of us!

Marley is going great guns with her commando crawling, she is so fast! She can get on all fours and has taken a couple of moves forward but she finds the commando much faster. She can almost push herself up to sitting but if I put her in a sit position, she can just lean forward and start her crawl. Her bottom tooth is popping up more now and looks very cute. No more gummy smiles!

I had a quick read of the previous posts and glad to hear that everyone is doing well. Bubbas sound like they are growing in leaps and bounds. I haven't got much time to do personals (which bugs the hell out of me!) but will hopefully be back to regular posting by next week.

Nic - I will try to contact you when things settle down here and organise a time to pick up the order. Hope you don't mind hanging on to it in the mean time.

Its great to be back, even for a quickie LOL!!!! I did miss you lovely BB girls.

Hiya Mel *mwah mwah* wonderful to see you too! Looking forward to reading your regular cheery posts too! As you can see it's been increasingly hard for me to get in here and keep up to date with everyone... but i still post in other threads that focus on a specific subject... eg "Should there be the death penalty" (!) Miss you heaps... I kinda relied on your posts to succinctly keep me up to date with everyone as they were so thorough!

Hi Ladies and Babies, Just flying through, now that I only have 1 day off a week I am finding it harder than ever to keep up with what is going on. I am loving my new job, it is hard adjusting back to work, and I am still struggling with my feelings of loving work but feeling slightly guilty about not being at home with Tori, however I am slowly coming to terms with it- Happy mummy= happy baby, plus buy doing this job untill just then end of hte year will allow us to save enough money for me to have between 6-9 months of next year with our next baby (not preg yet but we will start TTC in 3 weeks, and I am so excited)

Tori is well, still struggling with her top teeth, shehas 4 teeth at least sitting in the gum, they are clearly visible under the skin, but they will just not come down and cut through. She was sick again last weekend, just anothe viral infection with temp, rash, sore eyes etc. She seems to be over it now (thank goodness).

Mel- Glad to her that your dad is making a good recovery.

Baby Gates- Dh has made a baby gate for 1 set of stairs at our place (because as we discovered yesterday Tori can now climb stairs) and we just have a long piece of wood sectioning our living area in half to keep her away from the other set. We have started bring her up into the main part of the house (living area is down 2 steps) when we are cooking or doing jobs, and just quite happily hoons around discovering all the different rooms, although I am becoming increasingly unaware that our houes is a long way from "baby Friendly" I think I am going to have to follo her around and make notes about all the things we are going to have to move/modify to make it safe for her.

Anyway better go, we have a specialist appointment today with the Immuniologist to check for Penicillin allergy (like me).

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast