Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #34

Bath- no napping from me today bummer. i was busy washing and grocery shopping. when i have had yum cha i havent gone near anything that resembles feet or guts etc just the plainer type stuff is all i have tried.
    Jess- i appologise for my ignorance and forgetfulness but i didnt know you had an angel baby? How long ago was that? I hope Kate has a great birthday, gosh all your kids are growing up and Pat crawling wow (u have to adjust his age in your ticker)

Mel- have not heard of Jells park, is it out your way? sounds lovely. i hope both the girls got to bed earlier for you tonight

Good morning lovely overcast day... the grass is growing sooo fast now that it's cooled down a bit... love it.

Jess: Like Nic, I didn't know you had an angel baby either... don't mind about venting in here if you need to

Mel: Hope your girls slept well after yesterday! My big girl slept in until 10am! never done that before... I guess this is an aspect of being a teenager that might see her doing it more frequently.... it was quite peaceful

Rory and I were discussing strategies for squirmy babies on the nappy change table yesterday... anyone else got any ideas??? Niall is driving me nuts! (Just like W & V used to). He is very strong despite his small stature and really arches his back in his desperate attempt at trying to flip over onto his tummy right in the middle of a nappy change.... poo gets smudged everywhere and OMG it's sooooo exhausting trying to repeatedly flip him back! The latest strategy I have started to use is putting a piece of dress-up jewelry in my mouth and leaning forward trying to get him to focus on that. It kinda works unless it's a really messy nappy change which takes a long time and I run out of things to interest him. I can't remember how long this phase lasts.... I think it usually went past a year with my others....

!!! W has found a cricket ball from lord-knows-where... and just threw it at a window! It didn't break but I'd better go get it.... grrrr.... he does this kinda thing every time I sit down at the 'pute now... and it's not fair 'cos I've been flat-out all morning washing and cleaning up... I deserve this dammit LOL Maybe I'll have to bring out something like the bubbles blower... back later...

Bath i am going through the same dilema with changing Nixon's nappy atm. It seems giving him a toy to play with doesn't amuse him enough now. he tries to roll over and then stand on the change table ahhhh.... and when its a pooey one i know what u mean, i have hold of his legs and he arches his back right up while im trying to clean the poo off b4 it goes all over me and him.
    Nixon has been the same when dressing aswell, if i do it on the change table we go through the same saga of the nappy change and if i do it on the floor he just wants to get up and crawl away from me. Im hoping it doesnt last too long but if anyone uses a tecnique that is succesfull please share it!!

Nixon has been asleep for 1.5hrs and ive been in the kitchen the whole time cooking. Ive made two nice soups a thai sweet potato one and a curry chowder. freezing portions so when i am here on my own i dont have to cook every night for myself.

DH came up with the idea of giving Flynn a bottle of water to drink - it seems to help him stay put!

Jess good to hear from you - wishing you good luck with the house hunt

Well I am in at work today (ho hum) but I can't complain - DH is home and Flynn is having a ball (by the sounds of things) so all is not too bad in our little world. Catch you all soon....

I sing the itsy bitsy spider song and it seems to stop him from wanting to get away, he just stares at me. Maybe its because my singing is sooooo bad!!

I change him on the floor on his blanket (where i always have) and sometimes putting something like the wiggles on the tv works too, he will just lay there and watch it.

Hope this helps but yes i know what you mean, sometimes there is no amusing them, they want to go and nothing is going to stop them!!

Ahh! I am not alone anymore! I've been having the change time wriggles for quite some time now - since last year! To buy myself some time, I'll hold him and take off the pants and nappy cover (and if the nappy is just wet, I'll pull that off too) and then fling him down, whip out a clean nappy, wrap his bum in it, then let him get up (if he's going to at that point), scale the wall (he just needs a harness, I swear!) before either putting the cover on while he's standing, or get him back down and distract him with my watch to get it on. If he's drowsy enough, he'll lie back for the whole thing, but that doesn't even happen once a week; it's far more random, so I just plan for a wriggly bum. I will head into the village later to the hardware store and get a ceiling hook, to hang a thing I bought the other week. It's a monkey on a very stretchy spring that hangs from the ceiling and bounces up and down when pulled. It might do for a while!
    I've done ok today - put washing out, brought some in, epilated underarms and legs in anticipation of this wedding on Saturday (I can clean up any missed bits closer to the day!), cleaned the bathroom (must replace the shower curtain before DP tries to have a shower!), vacummed most of the floor, got Oscar to sleep and now I might have a chance to fold some nappies, but I could leave it till later.
    Ay! Bath - hope you got that cricket ball! I also hope that Verity can see the merits of the long sleep in - it's a valuable tool!
    Jess - good luck with the house scenario.
    Nic - good plan with the advance meals!
    Mel - I was going to post the name of my lecturer, but then I thought that might be a bit rude to plaster her name on a forum she doesn't know about! She's very good, though, so I wish I could 'plug' her!
    Better go try to get some food into me before Oscar wakes...

Hehe... sang Itsy Bitsy Spider to Niall during his last nappy change... it worked! Keep 'em coming girls... they grow tired of things quickly... I also have success with ducking down below the change table (holding onto the legs) out of sight and then creeping slowly up their bodies... has Niall in fits of laughter as he anticipates me going "Boo!"

Sounds like you've had a busy day too IK.... how's your SPD (?) pain going? My stomach muscles are tired and sore ATM from all the lifting I've done today Wade has also needed lifting as he has been doing silly things in places he shouldn't be... I've had to lift him out of eg. my bedroom.... it's probably just him hoping to revisit his babyhood levels of attention from me... but he can't stay in my room unattended and he is wise to most form of bribery to get him out these days. Why is my bedroom (the only tidy room in the house) so appealing to the kids??? V tends to want to hang out in there too reading my magazines... I say "take one back to your bedroom" and she replies with "nah, i like it in here better..." grrr, probably because it's TIDY! I know from past experience that if i let them play in my room they will break/take things and mess up my bed so it's a no-go zone. What's everyone else's policy with regard to their bedrooms?

ETA: Ah! I meant "Insy Wincy Spider!" (Just read your next post Nic... I also tried 3 Little Ducks Went Out One Day... but it didn't have the same appeal) LOL

i wonder what it is with parents bedrooms, i remember i used to love going into my parents room to watch tv when there is a perfectly good working one in the lounge room! I used to eventually get kicked out of the room, maybe its a comfort thing this is mummy and daddy's room!

ahh next nappy change insy winsy spider is coming out!

Oscar's temptation is the shower - no other space in the house is as appealing as this! He'd much rather be in there, or crawling out the front door, than find his way into the bedroom. But then again, my bedroom is his bedroom, so it's just not as exciting. Even his room is only interesting if he can upend the bin! Maybe it's a comfort thing - Oscar gets his comfort there in our room all the time, so seeks out other adventures instead!
    Well, my mum came round and we walked up to the village - have my ceiling hook and hanging monkey installed - it sort of worked! I do sing him crazy songs when I remember - no real song, just words and a crazy melody made up on the spot. He likes the crescendos!
    Bath - SPD is still there, but the osteo yesterday was very, very helpful! I'll go back to her and we'll work on it. I knew there was a better way than to just be told "It goes with the territory of having kids", and sure enough, there is. If I had been wiser whilst pregnant then I would have seen an osteo for it then, because she said there are other things you can do, other than just avoid certain postures, whilst preggers with SPD. Anyway, things are looking up - turns out my pelvis is sitting unevenly and pinching all over the place. She loosened it up and got some movement happening, but unlike physio work, it doesn't cause me agony today (I was in tears the next day after the physio did some work on my pelvis last year!). The physio was good, probably as good as you get with a physio, but an osteo just does more and with a holistic approach. Must go back to the other forum I'm on to thank the osteo who recommended the one I went to yesterday!
    Oscar's into some things now, so better rescue the things and bring in some washing...

IK: excellent news... at least there's hope for you now... also had to laugh at your cresendos! Niall also like this French version of Peek-A-Boo that has a long whooooooop! at the end which uses my full octave range. He also loves the shower... all my kids did at this age... especially just after i had dressed them for an outing, had put them down briefly to brush my teeth etc... and sure enough, before too long i am struggling with them and the shower door... maybe they had something back in the 50's when showers were often just a rose over a bath... all of a sudden the idea is very appealing... the kids' bathroom is like that but of course Niall prefers our shower...

Oh and Verity has just brought in our washing... good girl

Nic - Jells Park is in Wheelers Hill (so near me), its run by Parks Victoria and is enormous. They have a great cafe, plenty of playgrounds and lots of walking tracks. Very dog friendly and heaps of open space to kick balls, tennis etc. Girls did go to sleep very early last night. Marley was down at 6.30pm and Chelsea at 7.15pm. I then made a yummy peach and raspberry slice (from Bill Grangers "Everyday" cookbook), and had w slices with a cup of tea. The silence was beautiful!!! Your soups sounds beautiful, might have to get those recipes off you too.

Bath - glad to hear the Incy Winsy was working. I have a mobile type thing hanging from the roof on a stretchy cable type thing (make sense??). She can just reach out to it and pull it down, then when she lets it go it bounces up and down and she enjoys watching it. A sleep in till 10am, I remember those days!!!! Wish I could do it again some time (I wish!!!). Chelsea loves playing in my room as she tries on all my shoes and puts on all my junk jewellery. Drives me nuts and she does it so quietly too. Well done Verity on bringing in the washing, every little bit helps.

IK - you'll have to sms me her name! Weather is going to be really nice for the wedding on Saturday. I love a good wedding! Glad to hear the osteo helped in giving you some relief. Our poor bodies, childbirth really plays havoc with them!!!

Rory - 3 more months till I go back to work. I am looking forward to it. When my DH looked after Chelsea when I was at work, they would get up to all sorts of mischief and it was funny when she got old enough to dob him in (usually to tell me that he gave her donuts or chocolate or something naughty!!!). Such a great time for them to do "their own thing". How are you feeling at the mo?

Busy day today. Dad is selling his mums house and was absolutely dumbfounded to find out an offer had already come in (not even advertised yet, nor with an agent, he is using a vendor advocate) $130,000 more than he anticipated!!!!! He feels like he has won lotto. So today we went to look at some places and found nothing. One place was in such a mess, stuff everywhere. So after 2 hours of driving around we decided to try again Saturday. Poor Marley had the start of a cold this morning that has progressed to major snot everywhere and the watery eyes. She has not been happy since we arrived home this afternoon. She went to bed at 6.30pm again so hopefully she will sleep ok tonight. This is her first illness so she has done well to go nearly 10 months with no problems.

What is everyone up to over Easter? We were supposed to go to Mt Hotham with some friends but with Dad having his surgery only 2 weeks ago, I didn't want to be too far away. Gives us an excuse to paint our laundry and maybe our bedroom too. Weather looks like it could be good. Fingers crossed!

Hiya Mel, yeah Niall is just getting over his "major snot everywhere" too LOL and now I think he's teething... very unsettled, hand in mouth etc. We're going away on the Thursday after Easter... to the Yarra Valley Sofitel... compliments of the ANZ... remember how DH was awarded that trip to NZ that we couldn't do 'cos of the kids? Well this was the substitute prize... they've thrown in a family pass to Healesville Sanctuary too... but I'm looking forward to just getting away from the housework around here! Verity and i are going to use every facility available to us too... hope they have a nice indoor pool. I hope Marley doesn't fall too ill... you're right she did do well getting through to 10 months... and how is her skin these days? Good to hear you're enjoying a bit of baking... I did a plain cheesecake on the weekend but other than that I haven't really been inspired... really need this holiday... hopefully I'll come back revitalized... our last holiday was when I was 16 weeks pregnant with Niall... but it was a shocker... Tamworth during a heatwave We soooo need this.

OOOH the Yarra Valley Sofitel is LOVELY!! Make sure you have a bath - they are enormous! You might feel guilty about the water but still......

Better go girls - I am not working tomorrow but need to fit in a visit to the doctors (my GP is an OB), a double b'day party at Mothers Group, cooking for Flynn (he has NO food left LOL) and a supermarket shop. So I better wrap pressies and plan my shopping list tonight.

Catch you all soon

I was going to ask Rory if you are getting a BT done or if you have already? How are you feeling?

Easter- we are heading down to Sorrento on Thursday arvo for a few nights with a couple and their 9m old son (a good friend of Nixon's). Her parents own a place down there so staying Thur/fri night and coming back Sat arvo because she has to work Easter Sunday. So sunday will just relax at home and Monday we have a few friends coming around for lunch. I'm looking forward to the little getaway even if its only a short one.
    went to healsville once bath its really nice, hope u all have a great time.

Bath - Yarra Valley Sofitel, how exciting. You deserve a nice break, and as Rory said, use everything available. Why not indulge in a massage or something relaxing? The weather looks like it will be perfect and I don't think you will need to worry about a heatwave this time LOL!!!! Marleys skin has been amazing. Only one mild flare up while we were away but apart from that, it has been great and I have only needed to use the cream a couple of times. Her diet has expanded a bit too and she is eating much more. I have a 3 stage eating plan that the paed gave me and we are almost through stage 2 with no problems. I go through cooking phases too. I made a big batch of my bacon and lentil soup on Saturday and took some over to my dads today - a nice hearty soup is the perfect way to make someone feel better!

Nic - your weekend sounds great. Haven't been to Sorrento since my teenage years.

Quiet night in front of TV tonight. DH at work, house nice and quiet. Must be time for a cuppa!

Mel - lucky you with the early bedtime! I'll tell you who my lecturer is offline She's a PhD student, so you might know her through that. So, when you're back at work, can I get you to sneak into my records and change all my results to HD's?? I wish!
    Nickers - Oooh, Sorrento, I love that place! Never got round to taking Oscar to the rockpools this summer, but next summer he'll be a right little swimmer and will enjoy it more with his flippers and mask! Sorrento's nice any time of year, I find. Maybe you could book a dolphin boat trip - if you do, I recommend the Moonraker people.
    Bath - how lovely your holiday sounds! You so deserve it, chicky What an energiser it will be!
    Our Daylesford Club has booked another trip away for August. We're still working on a suitable name for ourselves, because we nearly ended up in Sorrento, but have booked a place near Daylesford instead. A lovely renovated church that looks so dreamy. It's in August because two of us have school to consider until the end of May and then I'll have two exams, one of us is having a baby in May, 3 of us have our kids' birthdays to organise, and then two of us are just starting semester 2 in July, another July kid's birthday, then the brigade annual dinner. So, August it is. Gives us plenty of time to think about what treatments we want done at Hepburn Springs and what sumptuous meals we'll cook in the fabulous looking kitchen. I think I'll try my hand at a huge meal, given my recent improvements in the culinary department, so I need to practice between now and then! I can't wait!! Oscar is allowed to come because he will still be BFing and also because he is so good that the girls say he is more than welcome! There will be a 2 month old with us, too, so at least there'll be two kids to break the 'peace'. But we're all but two of us mummies and the two who aren't love kids, so it's all fine. The partners will no doubt organise a boys' weekend. But I don't care, cos I'll be somewhere else!
    Anyway, those aren't really Easter plans, are they? My mum's down for the school hols and there's a wedding smack in the middle of it, so we'll be staying close to home. I'll visit my school friend in Mt Eliza next weekend and throw in a visit to DP's aunt in Mt Martha, and possibly another friend in Somerville (who I havent' seen in years and keep meaning to visit!). I've got a hen's night this Thursday, mothers group dinner next week (and a meet up tomorrow arvo), and 3 assignments to work on. So, no Easter camping trip to the river this year LOL!
    My mum is loving being close to Oscar while she's down. She bought him stuff yesterday - including a set that I was prepared to buy myself, in the new Bonds stripes range. Turned out to be quite cheap because Bonds was on sale at the department store and then I had my staff discount. Works for me!
    OK, I've been here long enough and I shoudl get to bed. I've been to a committee meeting tonight and turned out to a fire call for the first time in nearly 12 months (I didn't make a truck, but it was the first time I've gone to the station with the intention to turn out instead of just happening to be there anyway when the siren goes off...and I'd only been wondering when I'd next do that as I drove home from my meeting!).
    Argh! Bedtime...night!

Default Happy Easter Everyone

Donna have a fabulous day on your up and coming Wedding day. I love Weddings, Our friends are getting Married on the 14th up Rocky way They are getting married on the beach and we are all heading out to his parents property to camp overnight and have a huge party. They have been together for 10 years.
    Bath, Nathan has been doing the same thing, he just laughs at me when I try to flip him back over. I have to have a toy or powder ready to distract him, lol. It sounds like your little trip away is just what the Dr ordered, hope you come back to us all refreshed and energized.
    Mmmmm Mel/ Rory (too lazy to go back) a long hot bath would be so good right now.
    Ik Love the domestic thing, my house is in a complete mess as I've let it go to get these 3 assignments done this week, I have a date with the mop and bucket tomorrow night, until then, Nathan's in the walker, lol. With 5 running about I need to do it everyday and it really gets away with itself if I don't.
    We have a huge weekend over Easter. It's our Wedding Anniversary on Friday, Michael will be home, yay. and Saturday is my birthday and then of course Easter Sunday. Not sure what we're doing yet, not really phased what we do or don't do. We have tossed around a few ideas and we'll play it by ear.
    Hope everyone has a great Easter break, happy first Easter to all our June Babies., well better get back to it.

Well the answer to everyone's question about my precious angel is....Pat was a twin! Can anyone remember that I said that when we were all 4 months I had a massive bleed? Well, my Ob believes that Pat was a twin and the second embryo wasn't strong enough to take, so I miscarried it, therefore leaving Pat in utero alone. So, even though we never knew that bub had been there we decided that we would name our angel Charlotte Margaret. If all of that makes sense!!!!!!!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast