Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #34

Whooooooo Hoooooooooooo!!! Congratulations Rory this is awesome news
    what date do you think you'd be due, december some time i am thinking?
    Thats the best news i look forward to travelling the preggy journal with you again!

Using the BB calculator I estimate 5 December (DH's birthday). Feeling pretty good, but I have already had (for some weeks now) little twinges of nausea. Now I know why my milk supply is so low too! I don't feel so guilty now - I think I will put Flynn on evening bottles from now on, and send DH to settle him in the middle of the night - YAY!

It's only early days yet and I won't feel 100% confident till 12 weeks, but we are pretty stoked

There is about 8weeks between Flynn & Nix and baby 2 there is about 6weeks.
    i KWYM about being 100% confident until reaching 12weeks but i hope everything will be fine and u have a very healthy pregnancy, spewing i wont be in melb... man so many of my friends with one baby are pg again with baby 2 down here!

regarding our house we had someone look at the house today that has been in b4. they are very interested, love the house, were looking at one other this afternoon and then going to make a decision on which house they'd like to put an offer in for. All fingers and toes crossed it is our house!!
    it would be a dream come true if the house sells BEFORE we leave because we would know how much $$ and be able to start looking seriously in sydney.

Wow, Rory! Tha might explain leaving your Filofax behind... That's ace news!
    I wasn't going to post, as I'm trying to convince DP to get to the pool with me, but I had to post congrats!
    Been out all day, first to Booby Club, then to a GF's for lunch. Lovely day, but no rain has hit us yet Was hopeful after Rory's post before I left this morning...to no avail!
    Better go again...

Hope you got to the pool ok IK... heavy rain has just hit here...hope it improves my flat mood... couldn't be bothered cooking tonight... just too hard with kids running amok... poured myself a glass of wine instead... might as well complete the image of a desperate housewife LOL (I've never actually watched that show btw LOL) ...awww Niall is waving his right hand and saying "buh buh"... little ray of sunshine that he is

Bath, I will enjoy a metaphorical glass of wine with you If you're anything like me the rain will cheer you up substantially.

Thanks IK - ohno - I forgot about placenta dementia LOL!!

congratulations Rory thats great news!!!

ETABath - glad to hear Wade and the rest of the family are all ok - what a scare!!! Enjoy that wine
    Last edited by jaspen; March 28th, 2007 at 08:10 PM.

Hello all,

Sorry i havent been on much, i have been really busy lately, lachlan is back to not sleeping much in the day so i dont have much time to sit on the pute!

Wedding plans are going really well, just about done now, can you believe its only 4 weeks away already! i cant wait.

Lachlan is going well, still waking 2-3 times per night but hey, i guess that we just have to get used to it! He still only has one tooth down the bottom, looks really funny there on its own. he has only just started to say Dada. He is standing on his own now and thinks he is pretty clever, he climbs onto everything now (even the tv stand!)

Anyway, i will try to get back on to do some personals soon. i miss you all. Hope you are all well and CONGRATULATIONS RORY!!!!!!!!!!

yep rain hit here about 7pm and still going.
    i also couldnt be bothered cooking dinner after getting some pork out of the freezer. so dh and i both cooked a pizza on pita bread just with bits and peices, was very yummy and glad i didnt go with the prok because i probably wouldnt have even touched it.
    Donna- wow 4weeks to go, its come up quick i bet ur so excited!

sam has his first tooth yeh!!!!
    be back later

ETA - make that two teeth!!
    Last edited by jaspen; March 29th, 2007 at 01:56 PM.

OMG congrats Rory, I hope that your feeling great and don't have m/s yet.

Just got back from meeting Dee and Nathan and Melissa, will email some pics later.

Just a quick one, will have the new broadband plan start on Sunday so will be able to do a better catch up.

hugs xoxo

ETA: sorry Amanda, Hi I missed your post before launching into mine LOL

Good afternoon girls Good to see you Dee, those preparations sound like they are going smoothly, well done! Lauchlan is looking like a real little man in the ticker piccy now... so different to his first ticker piccy (crying on someone's shoulder).

Sure enough as soon as I sit down Wade starts hassling me for food... and I've just fed him! I swear he is just getting into a habit: "see Mum sit down at the 'pute, must ask for food" Geeze, life's easier before they can talk... the novelty soon wears off! Niall is hard work keeping him out of trouble as he crawls everywhere but Wade and Verity's words just constantly invade my thinking! If I could do my home duties with a glass cone-of-silence over my head I would be a lot happier LOL It wouldn't worry me if what they were actually saying was sensible requests etc but 90% of it is whingey nagging repetitive rubbish at a high pitched annoying volume. Right now I have Wade's "self talk" babbbling in my ear: "da babadaa oooh ohh... (a snippet of Thomas the tank Engine theme)... "mum, I'm still hungry, meow meow meow" (running off to look for Alfred, the neighbour's cat who comes in to our backyard)... phew! at last, he's gone outside! This might all sound a bit harsh... but I'm just sharing, as I know that the Junies who are studying/working at home might hope to mull over stuff whilst they are doing some cleaning around the home... but from experience it's very hard to complete a sentence in your mind with children around... but i've always struggled to think clearly with background noise... so maybe it's just me... the thing with kids though is that they are not just background noise: their words are 70% questions: "why" "will" "when can I have something to eat?" which require you to respond... very hard to tune out. I don't know how people work at home on tasks that require deep thought. Oh for a moment to have some deep thought... (by the way, Wade's shoving paint in my face now and asking whether he can use it.... better put it away before he damages something)... back later...

ETA: re-reading my above little vent i can see I sound ungrateful. I should appreciate every second with my children because a lot of mums have to go out to work to afford to have children... I probably should just keep my thoughts to myself... complaining about your job is the perogative of the paid employee... not a SAHM who should find every day filled with rose tinted rewards as she performs her role with love and grace

ETA: Ok, I'm not being Dragon Mummy anymore... Wade's just sat down to watch ABC Kids... and I've presented him with his favourite sandwich: chicken/beetroot/lettuce on cornbread. I feel bad about bagging him... but I am human enough at least to acknowledge my occassional resentments... *giving thanks for BellyBelly* Being able to post that little vent has nipped-in-the-bud a potential disaster downward spiral afternoon!

Hi all,

Hope you don't mind a newbie with a 'Junie' joining you.

Congratulations Rory on your BFP

Bathsheba - scary about your lamp!

My Junie is William - born on the 9th by elective c/s (had emerg c/s after induction & 20hr labour with DS#1 so wasn't risking that again) 2.5kg and 45cm long. He's still a shorty and wasn't even on the scale when i last go him measured, poor boy - hopefully he'll have a growth spurt soon! He just started crawling last week and is so proud of himself. He has 3 teeth - 2 bottom ones and a random top one on the right hand side not at the front! He is such a smiley happy bubba that i have loved his babyhood so much and can't believe how quick he is growing up. He is totally different to DS#1 Oscar who is great but definitely wasn't a smiley baby.

We are TTC #3 although not rigorously! more like just not preventing it for now although i would like it to happen very soon!

Anyway, thats my intro - hope to get to know you all soon

Julie x

Ok being naughty .... shouldn't be in here but.. ah well, will try and be quick. Bath I hope your feeling better after your vent.

Julie welcome to our group, your boys look so adorable, both Dee (7th Heaven) and I have little ones born in Nov 04 as well, good luck with TTC.

Ok really better go, will email the pics now.

hugs xoxo

WTG Sam on getting your first teeth! Top or bottom jaspen?
    Amanda- look forward to seeing the pics of you guys
    Bath- you are entitled to have a vent about what ever u need to so dont appologise or feel bad for doing so. we all know how much you love and appreciate your children even though they can be hard work.

Hi Julie, welcome! My boy is a Junie at heart but April by dates!
    Your boys look gorgeous on your ticker! Goodluck with TTC, would you like a girl this time or does not matter? So you have about 19month gap? How do you find it? Cause i will have an 18m gap between my two.

Been at my gf all day whilst my car got serviced, Nixon is tugging on me under the chair i think he wants his dinner.
    BBL

Hiya Julie, welcome to our group look forward to getting to know you!
    Amanda: hehe, I know about "naughty" I sneak on here all the time to avoid drudge... hope you can find some more time to come back... or at least find a time to 'sneak' back on
    Hiya Nic... thanks for listening to my whinge... sometimes it just helps to get it off my chest. How are you sleeping BTW? are you up needing to pee alot yet? I should get around to reading your journal...

oh and Amanda... I've still got that avatar i made for you... it's a bit trickier with the new membership changes though hey?

better get back to the kitchen....

Ha! Julie, welcome - your boys together are my boy's first and middle name! Please allow me to state the obvious... So, you, too are one of these women to take leave of their senses and have kids close together in age, huh? I'm surrounded! Is it contagious? LOL! They look adorable together, BTW
    Bath - *****!!! re: the lamp - my worst nightmare is a house fire. More precisely, my own house (obviously not other people's, cos I'd be pretty useless, then, huh?). Not a funny thing - it's really good that Wade actually appreciates, to some degree, what the implications were. I hope the local brigade has a good Brigades In Schools program!!
    Oh, and please don't apologise for venting about the kids! I think it's perfectly reasonable to get on here, have a whinge and have someone else say, 'yep, it's not a walk in the park all the time (in fact, it may only be a walk in the park when you are actually walking in a park...), and you are only being a human mummy for admitting it'. To be admonished for thinking these things out loud is not only unhelpful, but it drives your feeling deeper so that you think you are abnormal and doing your children a disservice by being their 'ungrateful' mummy, instead of the perfect, ever-smiling, martyr. It's just unrealistic! So, vent away. Also, I can understand how the constant chatter can interfere with your own attempt at thoughts!
    Good to see some long-termers back, too.
    Oscar is being very cute today, I must say, and not the Klingon he was being two days ago. He's just so huggable! We went to visit the pony today and he was squealing with delight at the dogs, the horse (who kept nudging his head on the walk up to the tie-post), the cat, the dogs again, the horse, the people...today was definitely Tart Day. He did the same thing at the local kids recycler, where I bought him one of those twirly bead wooden things.
    DP's out tonight with some of his new friends (from CFA Challenge) and I have to be his proxy for a meeting he has to be at tonight at another brigade. So, my dad will look after Oscar for an hour or so...on his own...for the first time...
    [just got video footage and still shot of Oscar standing on a box, trying to open the front door...I think he's on a suicide mission...]
    OK, better organise a solo dinner and get the shopping in...

Bath - I am so hearing you!!!!! don't feel guilty we all have our moments (sometimes the moments are really days or weeks LOL). Glad to see ABC kids was able to provide a helping hand.

Nic - the teeth are both his bottom ones - thought it was just one until I caught a glimpse and really there were two separate daggers coming through.

IK - sounds like you have a bit of a houdini there actually - my first never liked to climb but Samuel has been caught up there stairs a fair way when I've turned by back (I'm getting that gate sorted ASAP!!)

Hi to everyone else better go organise kids dinners since DH is his normal late self.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast